Top ten things you dont want to hear yor Cleric say

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    k k i got to workd up... it just that i hate wen i get pissed of by some stupid barb that doednt know wen to get agro or some other player that demands BB when is not needed or RB jus because his bored of hitting ... b:sad

For example, BB at the first fb39 boss? :P

Thing I don't like/want to hear:
    "I will change healing spells as Ironheart eats too much mp... Now is better! b:pleased" - while tanking a boss
  • Sylphye - Heavens Tear
    Sylphye - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Okay, here are some which i have came across players in the game quoting...

-Oh sry, i didnt put my heal skills onto my hotbar =(
    -Why must i level/empower/upgrade my heals when i have charms?
    -Heal me!!!
    -Sry, i only do tanking, ask the other cleric to heal
    -Sry, i was concentrating too much on the mob's hp bar
    -You have charms, do u? *the tanker said yes* Ok, then theres no need for me to heal u, lets tank tgt
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    k k i got to workd up... it just that i hate wen i get pissed of by some stupid barb that doednt know wen to get agro or some other player that demands BB when is not needed or RB jus because his bored of hitting ... b:sad

I agree.. especially on the RB thing.. personally, I think RB is a pointless skill ok, so it increases damage, and reduces casting time.. but all that really means is what? you kill the mob/boss faster at the expense of a charm and a bunch of cash?.. the only time that I would ever think of asking a cleric to RB is if I'm the one that gave them the charm in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I agree.. especially on the RB thing.. personally, I think RB is a pointless skill ok, so it increases damage, and reduces casting time.. but all that really means is what? you kill the mob/boss faster at the expense of a charm and a bunch of cash?.. the only time that I would ever think of asking a cleric to RB is if I'm the one that gave them the charm in the first place.

you will find out it's not useless when you get to TT3-1 and have to kill 4min boss. Unless you have serious DD in team, you need RB in order to kill the boss before it will 1hit all your team members. b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
    edited April 2009
    you will find out it's not useless when you get to TT3-1 and have to kill 4min boss. Unless you have serious DD in team, you need RB in order to kill the boss before it will 1hit all your team members. b:mischievous

actually, I've done 3-1 and 3-2 and neither time have we needed RB..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "I ran out of mana, how do I use these potions?"

True story, but not from this game. Cleric in a small party farming ice giants in EQ, i'm tanking with my ogre warrior when I suddenly realize my hp are not what they should be (about 6 seconds before I died) I scrolled back past the damage spam and saw that. Needless to say, I was livid.

~S
    edited April 2009
    actually, I've done 3-1 and 3-2 and neither time have we needed RB..

I agree it's not needed if you have good DDs in team... I usually go with good parties in TT so we don't NEED RB up. But ... ive been asked a couple times to help on that 4min boss (by help i mean amplify damage) and we couldn't kill it without RB. So it's not really useless. On your same idea i can say amplify is useless cause it costs me a lot of mp to keep switching to fox to cast it... all that for what? killing faster? Think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    edited April 2009

I agree it's not needed if you have good DDs in team... I usually go with good parties in TT so we don't NEED RB up. But ... ive been asked a couple times to help on that 4min boss (by help i mean amplify damage) and we couldn't kill it without RB. So it's not really useless. On your same idea i can say amplify is useless cause it costs me a lot of mp to keep switching to fox to cast it... all that for what? killing faster? Think about it.

but it doesn't burn out a charm like RB does that's my point.. like I said.. if I'm asking someone to RB, it's because I bought them the charm.. I wouldn't ask anyone to waste their charm for something like RB unless I paid for it..

in the same aspect.. usually when a cleric comes along and I know they are going to bubble, either I give them a little extra from the splits at the end.. or I give them sesame or pots to help supplement their charm..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    but it doesn't burn out a charm like RB does that's my point.. like I said.. if I'm asking someone to RB, it's because I bought them the charm.. I wouldn't ask anyone to waste their charm for something like RB unless I paid for it..

in the same aspect.. usually when a cleric comes along and I know they are going to bubble, either I give them a little extra from the splits at the end.. or I give them sesame or pots to help supplement their charm..

ok, next time i'm being asked to help on that boss, i will make sure i will buy a mp charm for the cleric before i go in. Or i will just get a huge supply of angels and try again and again and again to kill that boss with no RB and no chances to succeed. Oh yeah.. did i forgot to mention that i helped with that darn boss and didn't ask anything for wasting my time, angels, pots, charm? But details don;t matter really... i'll just buy a charm for the cleric so i can ask for RB cause i just like to see that cute red glow around my toon.

So yeah, you're right! RB is totally useless! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
  • aloywheels
    aloywheels Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Jack_Nel: lol this isn't an argue topic, i was just saying what i really don't like to hear from a cleric - specially during a dungeon run.

Too bad this is an argue topic now...
    Yes i know how expensive it is to be a cleric, i know clerics burn lots of charm and angels and res scrolls... but when i ask a cleric to join team as a second healer, and specify that he/she needs a mp charm... it's kinda obvious that he/she is gonna have to BB all the way... else... why the hell would i ask for a "charmed healer" ??

TBH I have never seen a WC asking for a charmed healer but then again, for the TT run the cleric should know what runs require BB or what bosses require BB
    I also know that healing barb when he doesn't have aggro on all mobs will result in getting mobs on cleric... so what do you do? BB, sq heal or just watch the barb going down? (and all the DDs right after the barb)

Watch the barb down till its taken agro from All mobs and then the DD's cuz squad heal will take agro if u do it constantly and I'm not healing the barb taking agro then dying then barb dies. Then I have to go all the way back and res them losing exp...
    As for the "can't heal all of you" part... hell yes you can! that's why you have sq heal and BB...

Squad heal only does so much and well BB requires two sparks
    I don't blame any cleric for trying to save charms or their life... i can say i kinda know how a cleric's "life" is. But if you as a cleric agree to join a party, you're supposed to keep all the party members alive at all costs, right?

I don't agree with the saving of charms part... If you want to save it do what i do and use focus powders or concentrate orbs but saving their life i completly agree with. Do you know how annoying it is to die because the tank failed to take agro then get abused because u didnt heal and then get 3hkoed. Basically we have two choices.

1. Heal the barb, take agro and hopefully someone is smart enough to go 'oh the cleric took agro cuz the barb didnt attack them all, i better save him' or die in 3 hits cuz most of the mobs in TT runs are phys atk and in FB's its very rare cuz 59+ are wined and are magic.

OR

2. Watch the barb get hit till he attacks all then heal. Normally barbs can tank mobs quite well.... hence why people ppl call them tanks, then if the barb fails to take agro we watch him die then res him so he only loses .2%

Which do you think we would pick... us losing 2% or the barb losing 0.2%

And no as a cleric we don't agree to keep the party alive at all cost, we agree to try to keep the party alive as well as we can, but if its picking between u dying or us dying what would you do if you were a cleric....

Again, sorry if i offended anyone, i just stated what i don't like to hear from a cleric - it's what this topic was started in the first place... or so i thought.b:surrender...

None offence taken from u personally as there are some stupid clerics as i have seen them b4 on some of my other chars, but yeah im just ranting my frustration out.....

edited April 2009
    "I had sex with your girlfriend last night."
    -Please insert coin-
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "I had sex with your girlfriend last night."

whos girlfriend?
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "okay so I'm a cleric what do i like sell stuff?"

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I also know that healing barb when he doesn't have aggro on all mobs will result in getting mobs on cleric... so what do you do? BB, sq heal or just watch the barb going down? (and all the DDs right after the barb)

As for the "can't heal all of you" part... hell yes you can! that's why you have sq heal and BB...

I don't blame any cleric for trying to save charms or their life... i can say i kinda know how a cleric's "life" is. But if you as a cleric agree to join a party, you're supposed to keep all the party members alive at all costs, right?

Again, sorry if i offended anyone, i just stated what i don't like to hear from a cleric - it's what this topic was started in the first place... or so i thought.
    b:surrender

sq heal cast time is long and chances are...ur dd will die before the heal goes on because they can take 2-3hits unless they are charmed and with the dmg a dd take/hit from mobs in tt and other high lvl dungeons sq heal is like useless.
    BB as mentioned before require 2 spark, not something u can always just throw up because DD cant control their aggro and the tank cant hold their aggro.

definitly not for cleric keeping the party alive at all cost. a cleric is suppose to keep themselves alive as #1 and the tank as #2. everyone else is expendable in a fight and u only heal them if u can achieve #1 and #2 at the same time. a live cleric means he can keep healing the tank until everything is dead and revive the DDs, a dead cleric = dead tank = party wipe.

the situations u mentioned are results of careless errors while going through a dungeon or the stupidity of tank and DDs not doing their job correctly, its is not the clerics job to cover for every single **** up another class does.

if the tank dont get aggro on a group of mob, well there is a mess up for tank not doing its job.
    if a DD pulls aggro, there is the **** up for DD. we are suppose to deal the maximum amount of damage without pulling aggro, if u do pull aggro u should be able to take care of urself for at least 10sec+ without cleric heal.

when i hear a cleric say those things, if i were the tank i would be the one apologizing for the **** up for not roaring, if i was the DD i would be apologizing and saying it was my fault to pull aggro in the 1st place. there are some things people just expect from cleric thats just more then they should. cleric isnt some magic being that can keep keep everyone alive. they can if everyone does their part correctly, if they dont...well...thats another story.

another line i heard once and dont want to hear from cleric again
    "i am dead? i pulled aggro? did i attack 2 early?"
    came from a cleric who attack before the tank even reached the mob>.>
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • HekateDevine - Heavens Tear
    HekateDevine - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My favoritest ever!

"Oh sorry...did you guys die? I was eating icecream & then my show came on."

^_^ You know who you are!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3089895001&dateline=1249401019[/SIGPIC]
    I fear that if my demons are to leave me, my angel's will take flight as well.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    "brb"
  • Lisette - Heavens Tear
    Lisette - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's why they call me Failette. <3 And I was hungry, ok? b:laugh

Not my fault an archer was on a suicide run. -.-
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Something you dont ever wanna hear clerics say....

I WONT RES YOU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    sry my comp froze ... :P

brb

ur crazy ~.~

dont get me killed ...

wizzie: wtf i died
    me: u told me not to heal T_T

i was doin justice today and a barb set folow on me and i forgot about it and got him killed b:surrender

XD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    <Cleric> wait and let me spam....

<tank>already killing

<tank> *dead* why wasn't u healing?

<Cleric> I was going to spam IH before you started but u took off and started before I could. Then I had to try to chase you to get close enough to heal you without dying because you ran off before I could SPAM IH.

<tank>leaves.

This is what happens a lot. I wish tanks would learn not to rush and let us do our jobs instead of yelling at us and trying to tell us how. When they won't allow us to do what we know needs done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm a nuke cleric
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    <Being the only cleric in the party>

<Wielding TT axes>

(Cleric) I am a Heavy Armor cleric, let me know when you need some buffs, so I can use my wand.
    (party) ..............
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

<Wielding TT axes>

(Cleric) I am a Heavy Armor cleric, let me know when you need some buffs, so I can use my wand.
    (party) ..............

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laughi meet 1 like that
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2009

<Wielding TT axes>

(party) ..............

... I have a sudden urge to make a HA cleric and go into TT runs with calamities while telling the barb that I'll be the tank and he needs to buff me.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    ... I have a sudden urge to make a HA cleric and go into TT runs with calamities while telling the barb that I'll be the tank and he needs to buff me.

lol this is so funy ^^b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No fancy sayings or looks just the name of my cleric....

Rez_for_tenK
    Character lvl 3

I've already had people offer to pay me. (I declined I won't be that mean)
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How about this one: "Clerics Are No One's Slaves"... once everyone understands that, maybe you'll get better clerics.

Clerics have pretty powerful nukes too, and our sleep/debuffs are pretty interesting, but due to the greediness of every other class, clerics are expected to max their squad heals, enhances and revive skills ASAP just so it will be cheaper for everyone else.

How about demands to a cleric to go across the map to revive a dead player or stupid tantrums that follow a tanker's ticking charm? "Rez", "heal me", "buff me" are so insulting, most of the time I just ignore them. Other characters think they have the right to order clerics around but when we need something from them, we are totally ignored.

Wizards can heal too but no one ever calls on them to heal, why?

I suggest everyone starts thinking of clerics as a regular class, not simply as healers or revivers, then maybe we all get to bring this game to a higher level of enjoyment.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wizards are more back-up healers. Sure I have saved lives with Sutra+Heal but thats the only 6 seconds we can outheal you.

After being on the recieving end of a sparked razor wings I don't really view you guys as heal slaves and rez monkeys.

I rarely ask for buffs and I do try to be polite when I ask for them(usually just the M.Atk buff). Without clerics we'd all still be face down on the ground staring at a black and white screen :(
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited June 2009
    Something you dont ever wanna hear clerics say....

I WONT RES YOU.

Cleric (75): "I will rez you but my revive's only at lev 3, you will still lose exp"

Other player: "nevermind" (that's when they are polite!)

That takes care of the never-ending revive requests.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    edited June 2009
    After being on the recieving end of a sparked razor wings I don't really view you guys as heal slaves and rez monkeys.

Nice to hear, now if everyone could be as realist as you, it would make our play a lot more fun.
    I rarely ask for buffs and I do try to be polite when I ask for them(usually just the M.Atk buff). Without clerics we'd all still be face down on the ground staring at a black and white screen :(

The key word here is "polite": I go out of my way to help someone who is polite and respectful, which is not often the case, sadly.

I also think every responsible player should carry guardian dolls and possibly one revive scroll to avoid any conflictual situation. The real problem is that everyone blames the cleric when some situation arises, even if it's someone else's fault... like clerics are not entitled to the right to err, but everyone else is.

And to those who make fun of players who are building Full Magic (or Full Attack) clerics, remember that we are late bloomers. As useless as we may seem until much later, we become very sought-after partners later on so, just be patient, like we are :)
    Crafting:
This discussion has been closed.