Top ten things you dont want to hear yor Cleric say

Comments

• Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    quite a few funny quotes here... lucky i havent encountered many cases like this... b:pleased

As for tanking... if you aggro multiple mobs in an fb all you have to do is cast roar and its safe for the cleric to heal... not very hard at all lol
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "uh oh" beats anything..

"STOP" "dont move dammit" - for some reason some people like to run around with a "tail"..usually out of the heals range

"wait no spark" when forshura is being lured..or well basically anything that requires bb

"getem off me"

and simple but lethal..
    - any variation of "help"
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not something clerics say, but something that irritates me on their behalf.

When someone complains about a charm tick, especially a fellow barb. Guess what? It's there to HEAL YOU. That is its PURPOSE. You're still alive, STFU.

When tanking with a high level archer or Wiz in the party, and they die because they pulled aggro and demand a rez RIGHT. THEN. Most clerics realize this as a disaster waiting to happen and refuse, then they have to deal with the ****storm of abuse from said prima donna.

So if you're reading this, don't treat your cleric like ****. Please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elezara - Sanctuary
    Elezara - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How about top things you might hear a cleric say? I honestly think all tanks should play a cleric for a bit to understand what's going on.

I guess bottom line is that because of heal aggro issue it creates a lot of work and timing for a cleric. We also burn through MP like crazy. We try and save you from having to pot by healing so please be conscious of this and help save us mp by playing smart.

Great post, man!
    Yeah, I think if the squad going into an FB or TT or whatever, would have a little chat first to organize their strategy, and find out who needs which Mobs killed, and agree on who needs/gets which drops, etc, and decide who does what when things go very very wrong, (lol, which happens sometimes). Also you never know if someone is gonna get greedy and ignore the prior request for certain drops, take the drops and teleport out of the FB (yep seen that too)!
    It would help to clarify the issues BEFORE you start, so that each of the players understands her/his role within that particular squad, and understands how to play their character in general. (I've actually met an Archer who didn't use Bow & Arrows; they preferred BM claws (wtf?)

I've been in several FB's where the Archers and/or Wizards were pulling too much aggro, and pulling multi-mobs BACK through the squad, and onto the Cleric, who was standing in the back, (yep, me) desperately trying to heal not only the main Tank, but EVERYONE ELSE, including themselves! **** WILL happen anyways, but being prepared for some of the possibilities helps a great deal!
    Cheers ~
    Go north.... NO Elezara! YOUR OTHER NORTH! Oh Gods you went South!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Saitada for the great sig!
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As a squishy Cleric...I come out of dungeons broker than when I went in!

Do I care that I am "personally" guilty of saying "most" of the things posted here? NO!

I respond to calls to assist a friend who is assisting a friends friend etc. etc.

It's not unusual to be the only cleric in squad, when your team allows the Cleric to get swarmed by mobs, he's dead! Who repays the loss of EXP he worked so hard to obtain?

Oh, shouldn't b a problem cause Cleric has resurrect scroll?
    Whats that? Doesn't mean he's ignorant of the purpose of the scroll...It means he doesn't buy them cause he's too broke - DUH!!

When task is completed squad members vaporize, taking drops with them and no hope for me to get any decent items to resell.

Just b content knowing I'll do my best with what I have..and YOU?, well, your walking away with more mats to sell or upgrade with very little loss of resources.

Let's start a "New" thread called "10 Things a CLERIC WANTS TO HEAR"

1) Dude, the person needing this dungeon challenge purchased a Rez scroll 4 u so you aren't the only party member to lose your **** on EXP points!
    2) Hey, I know your gonna burn through Charm(s) or pots helping me, so here's some 4 u in advance.
    3) We know your gonna get ripped on drops - so squad will be "free drops" instead of "random drops" AND we r gonna leave stuff specifically 4 YOU to pickup.
    4) We need you, to keep us alive, so we will have a tank behind you, in case an aggressive mob gets behind - or through us.
    5) Any other Clerics feel free to actually create the thread and add as you see fit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009

When someone complains about a charm tick, especially a fellow barb. Guess what? It's there to HEAL YOU. That is its PURPOSE. You're still alive, STFU.

When tanking with a high level archer or Wiz in the party, and they die because they pulled aggro and demand a rez RIGHT. THEN. Most clerics realize this as a disaster waiting to happen and refuse, then they have to deal with the ****storm of abuse from said prima donna.

Quoted for Truth!!!

Charms are going to tick! Not much us clerics can do about it at times! Like stated above, at least you are still alive!

(I will not res in the middle of a boss or if the others are in danger!!!...the dumb a@@ can wait!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yup..Makes a big difference when everyone knows their roles - Dungeons are actually fun to run when your crew respects the limits of their cleric and is conscious enough of the clerics well being to respond, when cleric needs help!

I especially notice a big difference when running with LVL 60+ crews, they usually watch over me too much! Which is not a bad thing as long as it doesn't prove a distraction to them.

I will say I've played with some good tanks too that understood heal aggro. Made me think they might have played a cleric before. He'd go in to a group of 3 or 4 mobs in fb39, drop an AoE, then turn and attack one of them a couple times, switch to another, attack them, the other, etc and keep cycling them until they all died. It allowed me to heal him and the others in the party just picked away at the mobs to help kill them. We went in with me only being lvl 41, another lvl 44 cleric, 2 tanks in their 40s and an archer also in the 40s. I though we were going to get wasted, but it turned out to be one of the smoothest fb runs I've ever done. Took a long time of course, but very smooth. No one died. It was a case of everyone knowing their job and executing it perfectly.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It is quite funny when you tell someone "This boss has an AOE. Stay out of range!", then they immediately run closer to the boss to cast (!) and die from said AOE. In the case where if you're close enough to cast you're close enough to get hit by the AOE it's "Stay close so I can heal you" (with the AOE heal of course) so they go far off to either side and out of healing range.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    quite a few funny quotes here... lucky i havent encountered many cases like this... b:pleased

As for tanking... if you aggro multiple mobs in an fb all you have to do is cast roar and its safe for the cleric to heal... not very hard at all lol

One more thing I'd like to add to that.
    Roar is good enough to overpower healer aggro, but its not a fleshream. So if the barb has cast roar and the mobs have turned on him, don't start attacking them. Attack the mob the barb is attacking. That way you can kill them all one by one quickly. Its faster and safer.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Funny stuff here =O I haven't heard any thing aside from the famous "Oops..." in game but that's generally bad enough >< I'd like to say though I never blame the Cleric for any damage I take, especially if a barb is present. I've noticed I tend to somehow overaggro the barb (even if I'm just autoattacking -_-) once in a while and I turn into the tank, but I also accept the consequences of doing so. If my charm ticks...eh it ticks. If I have burn some Hp pots, eh, I shouldn't have took aggro. I usually yell at people who get made at a Cleric for not switching from the tank to them posthaste. General rule of thumb, if you don't want to take damage, don't overnuke =D don't blame it all on the healer.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Nothing beats

"Whoops, I accidentally healed you"

When the 4th foshura in 2-3 is being lured... and you are the one luring.
    Seeing WTFPWN amounts of foshuras charging at you beats everything.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have to laugh at these, and shared them with my kids who play too-thank God i havent had any of these problems! but i do have to admit to being bewildered and frustrated last weekend when i was with a squad doing FrostcoverGrounds-i had only been there once before, and with all the running around we did after certain mobs , i was utterly lost. then, the cleric we had does the 'ok, time for me to leave' number. now what do we do? our faction leader gets out her cleric who can res us, but needs guarding to get around in a place like that. she got smeared trying to come to us, and we couldnt figure how to get from where we were to the entrance to collect her! what a mess. somehow, it got sorted out, but its really a problem when its a case of who heals the healer in a place like that!
    One more thing I'd like to add to that.
    Roar is good enough to overpower healer aggro, but its not a fleshream. So if the barb has cast roar and the mobs have turned on him, don't start attacking them. Attack the mob the barb is attacking. That way you can kill them all one by one quickly. Its faster and safer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2009
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "I have to pay for a mana charm, let me get most of the drops"

I hear that one alot >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My res and heal are lvl 1 b:bye

I m lagging I can t heal people cause I don t see anyone

Just in case, guys, I ll be running first!

Get a cleric to res me!

Invite me back ^ ^

I suck at healing...
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I agree, cleric is a challenging class to play and one often misunderstood by a large part of the comunity. My respect and encouragement to all you guys who make it look easy. Back on topic...
    *as barb gets attacked by three elites* "Heal aggro?"
    *while buffing using a macro* "what's a flourish orb?"
    *fighting a boss* "Ironheart doesn't work for spike damage."
    *in common chat to 2nd cleric before the rest of the squad arrives* "Just don't tell the barb."
    *barb n bm down, archer holding by a hairline of hp* "Her hubby was pretty rude to me... sry wrong chat."
    *squad has been waiting a couple of minutes for the cleric to return from town after a party wipe* "Guess what i just saw at the AH?"
    *fighting Lord of Percussion* "Am i the only one farming chests?"
    *barb is not getting any heals* "Move away from the boss, i can't click on you."
    and finally my all time favorite "I was trying to heal her pet."
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol yeah heard about the pet as well XD
  • sereph
    sereph Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *in TT 1-2 or 1-3*

group:" watch out for those balls! they will one hit you!"

a couple seconds later!

Cleric in an insane giddy laugh:" HEHEHEHEEHEHE!! THAT WAS AWWWSOME!!!"
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    sereph wrote: »
    *in TT 1-2 or 1-3*

a couple seconds later!

I can vouch for this.. it REALLY happened.. I was on the run with him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    sereph wrote: »
    *in TT 1-2 or 1-3*

a couple seconds later!

Hate those balls......took me one run to learn my lesson and the secret!

Best part:

Seeing Barb lying dead from the balls on another run after warning the cleric = Priceless b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • sereph
    sereph Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I can vouch for this.. it REALLY happened.. I was on the run with him

yeah, its true! and it was AWESOME!!!

got another one.

"What do you mean keep running after i get to the top?"

You Were Killed By A Catacomb Mobster!

"Damnit!"
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "****"

"Oh **** run"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009

my first TT run was last weekend...and no one told me about the hands! i was told its 'traditional to die twice on your first TT run'!b:laugh

now im gonna be paranoid every time i see a pair of hands that look like those...even the ones by Dreaming Cloud!b:shocked
    Hate those balls......took me one run to learn my lesson and the secret!

Best part:

Seeing Barb lying dead from the balls on another run after warning the cleric = Priceless b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Thanks
    also i can only imagine somebody complayning about a charm tick, WTF
    do you guys even know the i burn 1/3 MP charm in a TT 1/2 , 2/1 how the hell is the fair? and at the end the tank gets most drops cuz he has to pay his repair bil?????... whos gonna pay for my charm?

luckly i have resonable friends (my favorite TT squad) that know how much BB and RB burns the MP charm in a TT run and i get payed off equal with the other cleric or idk i just think that they do share fair. love you guys <3

but that's happening only with tham, i meen how can u posibly fel wen u get somthing like "dam cleric my charm tick of" . "heal me forget the veno who pules" , " why you healing the other cleric it can heal itself" (next second - ckeric dead) - thats why ... " we have one cleric, we just need another one" ( ooo hi Bill werent you an atack cleric? )

idk i just think that a lot of peple think clerics are of personal use like a skill... we have our own life too.

and even this tread is Odd WTF top 10 things you dont want to hear your cleric say???

dam if i cold get a coin everytime somebody sais the word "cleric" ....
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "One ressu, that's 50k."
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I always have the upmost respect for Clerics and their job is a tough one.

I never ask for buffs after the original buff has worn off ( I'm talking about in party with them). If my HP charm,potions,etc run low or disappear then oh well, I should have brought more. They have enough to deal with, without me adding to it. If I need a rez I w8 until the fight is over and then politely ask for one. And I ALWAYS thank them.

Keep up the great work! :)
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    [asking a cleric to join a TT run... specially asking for mp charm... agreed to join so we start TT and get to first boss]
    "so... i'm the only one who's gonna BB?"

[during a cleric's first TT run]
    " which skill is BB? no, i didn't learned that"

[while killing slitt and i was yelling for purify to a lv 6x cleric]
    " sry, my purify is lv1 - the guide im following sais i don't need it before lv 8x"

[during fb cleric talking to barbarian]
    "sry, couldn't heal cause you didn't roar"
    [results in party wipe out]

[TT run with 1 healer]
    "i wanna DD"
    ".... sits down to regen mp.... I forgot to buy pots"

[party wipe out]
    "i was healing the tank... i can't heal all of you at the same time"

[after being killed from aoe boss in TT]
    "yeah thanks a lot! Now you can pay me 1 angel and 1 res scroll"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    [asking a cleric to join a TT run... specially asking for mp charm... agreed to join so we start TT and get to first boss]
    "so... i'm the only one who's gonna BB?"

do you have any ideea how much a MP does bb costs. NEVER FORGET in a tt run you always bring to clerics.... what if the only cleric you have dies... than you all get pised as hell wen you have to wait for him/her to go mabk to town ( dont even think about the exp hes loosing i meen common . a TT run with only 1 cleric is like asking him to get at list 1 rez scrool 1,2 angels - depending on the lvl of TT -1 silver gold mp charm)
    rethink this one
    [during a cleric's first TT run]
    " which skill is BB? no, i didn't learned that"

true that it happend to me wen i had a little left on my charm and i asked the other cleric to BB last boss
    point well said - better make sure before u enter instance

[while killing slitt and i was yelling for purify to a lv 6x cleric]
    " sry, my purify is lv1 - the guide im following sais i don't need it before lv 8x"

i'm sorry my purify is lvl 2 (it becomes mandatory after lvl 80+) and veno should not tank slit - leave it to a barb, BM they can hit wih no mp - slith draind mp from the cleric too.
    [during fb cleric talking to barbarian]
    "sry, couldn't heal cause you didn't roar"
    [results in party wipe out]

Have you read the rest of the thread? healing the tank before he takes agre results in instant death of cleric - psible all party
    rethink this one too
    [TT run with 1 healer]
    "i wanna DD"
    ".... sits down to regen mp.... I forgot to buy pots"

Stupid cleric - cick him out - get a new one
    [party wipe out]
    "i was healing the tank... i can't heal all of you at the same time"

it depends on the situation usualy if the Boss doesnt AOE you dont care about the rest of the party (exept for the one that needs the boss) keeping the tank alive is what matters most
    rethink

[after being killed from aoe boss in TT]
    "yeah thanks a lot! Now you can pay me 1 angel and 1 res scroll"

Arogant cleric - tell him to put more vit points so he can take a dam hit from drummer boy or wathever

sorry if i seemed harsh i'm a pised out cleric

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @ Jack_Nel: lol this isn't an argue topic, i was just saying what i really don't like to hear from a cleric - specially during a dungeon run.

Yes i know how expensive it is to be a cleric, i know clerics burn lots of charm and angels and res scrolls... but when i ask a cleric to join team as a second healer, and specify that he/she needs a mp charm... it's kinda obvious that he/she is gonna have to BB all the way... else... why the hell would i ask for a "charmed healer" ??

I also know that healing barb when he doesn't have aggro on all mobs will result in getting mobs on cleric... so what do you do? BB, sq heal or just watch the barb going down? (and all the DDs right after the barb)

As for the "can't heal all of you" part... hell yes you can! that's why you have sq heal and BB...

I don't blame any cleric for trying to save charms or their life... i can say i kinda know how a cleric's "life" is. But if you as a cleric agree to join a party, you're supposed to keep all the party members alive at all costs, right?

Again, sorry if i offended anyone, i just stated what i don't like to hear from a cleric - it's what this topic was started in the first place... or so i thought.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    k k i got to workd up... it just that i hate wen i get pissed of by some stupid barb that doednt know wen to get agro or some other player that demands BB when is not needed or RB jus because his bored of hitting ... b:sad

This discussion has been closed.