Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    @Es; I absolutely LOVE Es now. I was always really iffy on her before and you fixed everything I had an issue with. 5/5

I'd post my wizzie I'm playing but I'm reinstalling FW and I dont want to open PW to get a screenshot b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Aww thanks Gabby! :)
    Ya, she had TONNES of flaws when I first made her: melons for ****,m squinty eyes, crappy hair, jutted eyebrows ect. But hey, I wasnt good at character making coz I took an arrow to the knee. I played Second Life before this (can I say that? its not an MMO, just a simulation), and I was thrown off balance with the UI, its a thing with me. I'm so glad she's perfect for me nows :)
    I can see how far your clerics come too, shes so different from when I first saw her XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2011

14d28f6.jpg

3092fdw.jpg[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

nice couple :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:sad you skipped over my chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    b:sad you skipped over my chars

*Le gasp*

oh my duck!! such blasphemy b:infuriated
    gimme a sec I'll look over again, I was just reading up until that page and quote it str8ly b:surrenderb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    2011-12-1621-24-32.jpg

big boobies b:dirty <- tiz bear likes
    288z6t3.png

looks like Japanese, maybe bcos of the big anime eyes and Fashion ;)
    2ziq39z.jpg

I also adore skinny char like this :P those cute eyes make me want to pluck it out.......
    th_2011-12-2821-12-39.jpg

good colour combination :0 u'r brave in mixing colour, it makes the eyes stands out <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    *Le gasp*

oh my duck!! such blasphemy b:infuriated
    gimme a sec I'll look over again, I was just reading up until that page and quote it str8ly b:surrenderb:kiss

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Kiu - I dont really like that hair for your archer. The face is cute however. 4/5 Im not a fan of uber skinny characters... :\ and i cant see her face too well, 3/5

Kui - I like the shape of your wizzies lips. I don't remember how her lips looked before but these fit her face well and make her more cute. 4.5/5
    Your bm is pretty, maybe close her eyes a tad. Reminds me of a 'light' version of kui. :P 4/5

Ziraia - Looks presetty to me, :s sorry >.< I do like the color scheme, and your choice in fash color. grats on r8! 3/5

Lady_Dyanna - I like your twin tunas! Maybe they need an update on their color scheme, or some EG eyes.. o: But theyre still cute as twins, 4/5

Esne - She looks alot better. Don't worry, my archers initial look was pretty rough too. More so than yours :3 4.5/5 for her new look.

I started a wizzy on my hubbys acct so I could acct stash his beamhoof slicer and other awesome gear.. b:surrender

20111221011235.png

I'm still not completely satisfied with her look. Maybe its the colors iunno. Anyone have input?

I also remade Vyscarain over. I was having issues with her face so I went w an even
    cuter younger look since its so easy to attain with EG's. I looove her eye color
    (its the same as narrs hair) ^-^

vyscnewww.png

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    Ziraia - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Ziraia - Looks presetty to me, :s sorry >.< I do like the color scheme, and your choice in fash color. grats on r8! 3/5

Hmm, i dun know why ppl say it looks like a preset.. I've changed her face alot. Here's a screenie i just took to show the difference of Ziraias face and the presets face.

ZiraPreset.png

Sorry about the crappy graphics. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • onlydolly
    onlydolly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Which one's better?

2aa11yw.jpg

volxdl.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onlydolly
    edited January 2012
    Finally know how to do these eyes ! :D

xm0ui0.jpg

jiid61.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @Narriru, The face is really good, don't think I've actually seen an EG looking anything like it yet either, took me a second to realize you used TB hair though lol though with the fash hair it looks brill anyway, def 10/10 worthy for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Muirgheal - Harshlands
    Muirgheal - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @Narriru The first pic I would rate 4/5. In my opinion, the shade of red for the hair is a little too "cool toned" in comparison with the skin color. Other than that, it's lovely. On the second pic, 5/5. Although not my first pick for eye color, it looks good with everything else.

@onlydolly First pic: First one. I adore blue eyes. Second pic: 4.5/5 only because I am not crazy about the hair style. BTW, how do you do those eyes? I simply adore them b:heart

And now time for my tideborn's pic! It was taken while she was flying. ^^

tideborn-1-3.png
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    tideborn-1-3.png

Shes okay, I think that hairstyle works well for her. 3/5
    Hmm, i dun know why ppl say it looks like a preset.. I've changed her face alot. Here's a screenie i just took to show the difference of Ziraias face and the presets face.

ZiraPreset.png

Sorry about the crappy graphics. b:surrender

Since no one else replied...

The reason is this: same eyebrow shape, same hairstyle, same eyeshape, same nose shape, same mouth shape, same cheeks even if they are now smaller. I can tell because there is no variation to that giant tat on her cheek. If you tweak more things on the cheeks you can change that just a tiny bit. You've made the features more cute by making them all more smaller, to give her a more roundish look but the major features of a face (eyes, eyebrows, lips) are all the same so it still looks like a preset. Feel free to hate me now.b:surrenderb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Since no one else replied...

The reason is this: same eyebrow shape, same hairstyle, same eyeshape, same nose shape, same mouth shape, same cheeks even if they are now smaller. I can tell because there is no variation to that giant tat on her cheek. If you tweak more things on the cheeks you can change that just a tiny bit. You've made the features more cute by making them all more smaller, to give her a more roundish look but the major features of a face (eyes, eyebrows, lips) are all the same so it still looks like a preset. Feel free to hate me now.b:surrenderb:avoid

I was bout to say same thing to the T, a lot of people seem to do this, there is more to editing the face then moving the eyes, nose, lips and making them smaller/bigger, there's the nose shapes you can play around with, different eyebrow variations, lip shapes for top/middle/bottom etc, yet every time I say something looks like a preset, I get the hate thrown my way lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    :| Should make a rule to stop comparing chars to presets in this thread. Just say if a char is pretty, hot, ugly, or whatever...who cares if it's a preset? It causes enough arguments here and it's stupid. o_< I keep saying this every few times I post here.

Anyway, gotta pick one to start somewhere and if tweaking it just a little is good enough to that person, fine. And TB has limited nice hair as it is so saying something is a preset just because of hair is stupid, too.

Muirgheal: I don't really like non-natural skintone colors xD so blue kinda strikes me as odd...kinda reminds me of Avatar, haha. I do like the shape of her face though. She doesn't really come off at me as hot, but she is pretty. :3 3.5/5

onlydolly: Her face is a little squished-looking to me...like the mouth is too low on the chin or something. Above that, she's pretty cute. 4/5 (Also, I like the blonde one in your first post.)

----

I'll edit this post later or something cuz gotta finish getting ready for work. I'll post one of Yana later, too, if I remember.

LOVE AND PEACE...NOT WAR IN HERE. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    :| Should make a rule to stop comparing chars to presets in this thread. Just say if a char is pretty, hot, ugly, or whatever...who cares if it's a preset? It causes enough arguments here and it's stupid. o_< I keep saying this every few times I post here.

Because a "preset" isn't really your own char, regardless of the tiny tweaks as that's all they are, tiny tweaks, think of it like being at school, your friend lets you copy his/her work and what you do is simply edit the words here and there, the teacher see's through this as the paragraphs are still too the same and deducts you marks/fails you, I think of it as no different here, some people aren't too bothered here, other's like me are, if you're going to post your character in a public section, prepare for criticism lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • onlydolly
    edited January 2012
    BTW, how do you do those eyes? I simply adore them b:heart

30rpumc.png
    2drn8y.png
    106n39t.png
    20itkz5.png

Hope I helped...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Anyway, gotta pick one to start somewhere and if tweaking it just a little is good enough to that person, fine. And TB has limited nice hair as it is so saying something is a preset just because of hair is stupid, too.

Muirgheal: I don't really like non-natural skintone colors xD so blue kinda strikes me as odd...kinda reminds me of Avatar, haha. I do like the shape of her face though. She doesn't really come off at me as hot, but she is pretty. :3 3.5/5

onlydolly: Her face is a little squished-looking to me...like the mouth is too low on the chin or something. Above that, she's pretty cute. 4/5 (Also, I like the blonde one in your first post.)

----

I'll edit this post later or something cuz gotta finish getting ready for work. I'll post one of Yana later, too, if I remember.

LOVE AND PEACE...NOT WAR IN HERE. b:bye

She specifically asked why she received the same comments over and over again. Nobody was being combative, she was asking what feature stood out as preset-y and I pointed out that down to the hair the character file is mostly the same. Even if she improved upon it so that it looks cuter than the actual preset. As for why people make that comment, its to give helpful criticism. To give a thorough rating that points out both the good and the bad. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what we think, the person who made it is the one who has to play it. I mean, I get comments on people thinking that venus should have more natural lip color all the time, but for me her wearing a little bit of makeup to go with her fashion works for the overall aethestic I was trying to bring to the character. If someone wants to take points off for that, who cares? The important thing at the end of the day is that you enjoy your character. Nothing is perfect and I've yet to see one character on here that is pure perfection in every single way, pointing out the bad sometimes helps us see what was bugging us and fix it. Anyway, that's why I point it out. Don't take it as an insult. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This arguement seems to pop up every other month, but really it's what venus and renza said. If you are posting in here, you are attempting to get your character commented on, and while I used to stray away from the "preset" comment, there's been an influx in "preset"-y looking characters these past few months. If you're posting in this thread, expect to get constructive critism. But at the end of the day, if you're happy with the way your character looks, then by all means keep it that way and enjoy it. No one is forcing anyone to change their character if they don't want to, but they willingly came here for opinions on it and we're gonna give it to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    "Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not".

Duh, might just change the Thread's Title to "Please puke a rainbow comments over my Character" if you dont want to take critics...

As 2 posters above me already wrote, you post ur char here to get rated, and Venus didnt meant to gave harsh comment, just an explanation why she got "looks like preset" comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @ Narriru: I love love love your wizzy's silver gray eyes. They're mystifying lol and its pleasing to look at along with the hair 5/5. Your seeker:the makeup on her looks so natural with her eyes ^^ 5/5

onlydolly: I like the top one better. Ive always liked dark hair:bright eye ratio. 4/5

@Muirgheal: It may be the angle her face was in due to her flying but her jaw looks a bit too long. Try switching up some color schemes as well, like make her eyes a bright gold to contrast with her skin. 3/5 for me, hun

Alright Im planning on making over my sin with a new preset I made. Based it on Storm from X-Men loll.. Tell me what you think (:

2012-01-0317-36-14.jpg
    2011-12-3101-12-08.jpg

The one with the pink hair is the Before. The one with the white is the After.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @Lady_Dyanna

I like the new look. With the white hair she looks like a thousand times cooler and less mainstreamy. Go for it :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Lady_Dyanna: I really like the before one more than the after. After looks...too overly relaxed for a Storm-based char...almost like she's in a daze, I think it's in the eyes. The before one looks bubbly and happy xD and makes her cute. After: 3/5; Before 4/5

I know it was just an explanation but in general, I just think it's lame to suggest someone looks like a preset. If they like the nose or the mouth on the original preset but don't like the eyes or face shape and goes overhaul on that (and even tweaking the nose/mouth a couple digits), is that still a preset? Or can people actually for once say something like 'i like your char because of ______' or 'nah, you ain't hawt, dawg...maybe if you did ______, ______, or _____, i might change my rating.' I dunno if that made sense. :| Sounded better in my head lol.

I don't know if this is going to help my point, but lemme do up a sample...here's the original and here's the after edits...is the after still a preset? All I did was move the mid/jaw sliders, barely opened/rotated the eyes and brought eyeball to 3/4, skipped eyebrows, narrowed nostril width and raised it up a smidgen, made upper lip 3/4 and made left/right smaller, ears smaller, change skintone, and made head bigger. In advance, made her chin a little wider. That's it. Tiny tweaks. And to me, it looks nothing like a preset.

Xinaeco: I appreciate it a lot when you say you try to stray away from saying people are presety. o_< I think that's the point I'm trying to get across and I wish everyone would practice that.

Anyway, here's two for Yana in different hairs. I adjusted her eyes to be a little closer and did a couple other things, lazy to find before/after pictures.

2qaqouu_th.jpg fkw388_th.jpg
    ^Click for bigger.
    (and random thing, tinypic makes you do capcha, and on 2nd pic, thing I had to type was 'better half'...I agree. xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ashleigh_ - Raging Tide
    _Ashleigh_ - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Some people make really amazing characters b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @Asgardeus: Thanks b:cute that was one of my goals when I remade her. Totes going for it (:

@Yanami: Thanks for your critique, but I went for a cooler and more mysterious look for her. I saved bubbly and cute for my psy (:

@Ashleigh: (:
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I was looking back through the older posts on Love your perfect char thread and felt like making a cleric (though I'll never play unless I decide to come back to the game... I can just account stash my veno's gear to her).

2r5vms8.png
    Close up:
    5zhdf5.png
    That pose made her neck look really weird. b:surrender

Ratings...
    Yanami; I've always loved your sin... she reminds me of a mouse :3 the only thing is I'm a fan of big eyes and I think she'd be perfect with bigger ones, but other than that 4.5/5 :3

Lady_Dyanna; I like the white haired look best (and i'm a big fan of x-men b:avoid) and she definitely has a hint of Storm to her. 4/5 because there's something still "off" about her but i don't know what.

onlydolly; I really like your character, it's so cute :3 I love that look but can never bare to play on a character with it, so I just admire from afar. 4.5/5 because to complete her look, she needs to be skinny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Night your char looks alot like Pry's if you've seen her o.O;

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    scaled.php?server=641&filename=pumpkinguy2.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=192&filename=pumpkinguy.jpg&res=medium

I'm pretty sexy right? b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Agorey - Harshlands