Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @Hakiii - Omg, I love how you rated everyone and hardly rated the girl that didn't rate anyone. xD

Your sin: I don't really like how long her face is. o.o it reminds me of Super Mario 64 on the start up screen where you could pull Mario's facial features in all different ways. I like the colours though so 2.5/5 :>
    Your veno: LOVE HER. <3 I love the doll like chars. xD I sorta made my mystic one, just didn't make her as skinny and you obviously can't really do much without makeup . b:surrender I give her a 5/5, her kitty kut is sooo cute. xD

My mystic. Not a close up because I wanted to show off her new body makeover. Zan doesn't approve, but I love it. :D

2cf8pyo.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Nightmare....About the ONLY thing on your char that doesn't scare the living day lights outta me is the face.

Body, ****, Arms, Legs, Wait, Hips, Hang's, Feet, Just EVERYTHING else is wrong, WRong, WROng, WRONg, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously looks like some sort of mix of an anorexic with bulimia plus starvation.

.05/5
  • JennyAngel - Dreamweaver
    JennyAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I agree with what was said above.

I like her Head.... the rest ....

get a makeover hun
    ~ Cleric 090
    ~ Sin 100
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @Hakiii - Omg, I love how you rated everyone and hardly rated the girl that didn't rate anyone. xD

Your sin: I don't really like how long her face is. o.o it reminds me of Super Mario 64 on the start up screen where you could pull Mario's facial features in all different ways. I like the colours though so 2.5/5 :>
    Your veno: LOVE HER. <3 I love the doll like chars. xD I sorta made my mystic one, just didn't make her as skinny and you obviously can't really do much without makeup . b:surrender I give her a 5/5, her kitty kut is sooo cute. xD

My mystic. Not a close up because I wanted to show off her new body makeover. Zan doesn't approve, but I love it. :D

2cf8pyo.png

She's too damn skinny! If we tried to.. uh.. well can't say that on the forums... I'd break her like a toothpick! D:

By the way what's with you chicks and HUGE eyes? o.o
    edited June 2011
    I'm not changing her just cuz you people hate it. b:scorn
    I personally like it, and there are a few people on the forums and in game that enjoy having railthin characters. I don't care if you don't like it, and rate it low, but don't tell me to change it unless I ask what needs changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm not changing her just cuz you people hate it. b:scorn
    I personally like it, and there are a few people on the forums and in game that enjoy having railthin characters. I don't care if you don't like it, and rate it low, but don't tell me to change it unless I ask what needs changed.

Name at least three people besides yourself o.O....Cause to my knowledge if you want THAT type of char you go play the damn CN of PW.

Cause there is a REASON, AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE FAT. Seriously thinner than a ****** rail road track is NOT why the size adjustment value's where added.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Name at least three people besides yourself o.O....Cause to my knowledge if you want THAT type of char you go play the damn CN of PW.

Cause there is a REASON, AMERICAN WOMEN HAVE FAT. Seriously thinner than a ****** rail road track is NOT why the size adjustment value's where added.

There's a lot more people than her who likes those kinds of characters. Personally, I don't mind it since most bodies in PW are the same anyways. It's interesting to see the doll-like characters.

I myself usually makes doll-like characters but I just don't make them as thin.

Anyways, ratings time.

@ Hakiii
    6/10 for your sin
    10/10 for your veno

I'm not a fan of the eyecolour and how elongated her face is. But she does have that "tomboy" look which is cool.

On the other hand, your veno looks adorable. I personally don't like that eye makeup but you made it somehow work. She doesn't look that skinny to me since I guess she looks like a little kid.

@ NiightmareXz
    7/10

There's something that seems to be off about her look. I think her forehead may be a little too high. Nonetheless, I like her fash and how you've tried out something b:victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    OK here i am back again to give some ratings XD

@Nightmare. i hate it. i really hate chars that skinny idk they just look so horrible BUT if thats the way you love your char then KEEP her like that cause end of the day you the one runnign round looking at her not us. im not gonna put a rating because i dont think my personal opinion of rating would be fair considering teh effort you have obviously gone to to make her

@Hakii. 3.5 / 5 nice to see an original tideborn, but her lips are a little thin and wide for my liking which kinda makes her have a trout pout. also her nose is WAYYYY too long but again thats my opinion. GJ on creating something original i like the eye colour.
    As for yoru veno im not a fan of the MASSIVE eyes and alien head shape so a 2/5 from me im afraid.

Doll type chars are real popular atm i blame the kitty kut XD

@Mixyz i actualy like yoru char she looks like how I would invisage a doll. big eyes but her head isnt abnormaly shaped and everything isnt liek squished down 4/5

@bunneh 4/5 a little unimaginative but tbh i preffer that to some of the alien type chars that have been popular recently. i love that hair also and the eye colour is gorgeous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    She's too damn skinny! If we tried to.. uh.. well can't say that on the forums... I'd break her like a toothpick! D:

LOL forum quote of the day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • varenique
    varenique Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @Nightmare b:surrender just because you've gotten so many ratings on the body only, Ill rate the face..
    the third eye kind of seems out of place to me
    i also feel like the eyes are too close together
    she doesnt seem that different from other mystic faces
    i don't think i would remember her
    i like the pouty look on her though (that's what it looks like)
    i'd rate her a 3/5

This is my Seeker
    I tried to make her look different
    hundqw.jpg
  • varenique
    edited June 2011
    b:surrender...
    are people skipping my characters on purpose? i see some posts that are rating every character on the page except mine, even the ones that were posted before mine
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @varenique - I'd give her a 4.5/5... she is beautiful and I love green eyes... I'm just not sure how I like that the third eye matches with her eyes though... but still she looks pretty good.

Ok, so, here are some characters (I'm sure you all know them if you've seen my screenshot thread... just curious on how they'd rate)

I have 2 characters already rated, so here are the ones that haven't been rated...

Corseque - Blademaster
    PWICorsequePosing5.jpg
    Corseque full body (standing next to her sister, another character of mine, Onbekend)

Sablass - Seeker
    PWISablass.jpg
    Sablass full body

Aldanaan - Blademaster
    PWIAldanaanPose.jpg
    Is the best I can do for a closeup shot of him for now as it's the only close shot of him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2011

@ Hakiii

I'm not a fan of the eyecolour and how elongated her face is. But she does have that "tomboy" look which is cool.

@Hakii. 3.5 / 5 nice to see an original tideborn, but her lips are a little thin and wide for my liking which kinda makes her have a trout pout. also her nose is WAYYYY too long but again thats my opinion.

I must have a really skewed perception of reality in faces b:shocked A lot of people tell me I draw long faces too..and a lot of people say that about nose/face on my PW characters. I should probably get this fixed hahaha. b:chuckle Is supposed to look like this character from Durarara!! http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm15gyUbkw1qew3j6o1_500.jpg Orr http://image3.cosp.jp/images/member/g/69/69276/1403994.jpg Minus purple skin of course hahah.
  • Verima - Raging Tide
    Verima - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Corseque 3/5. Because i like the face but im ot sure about the hairstyle
    Sablass 3/5. Because her chin looks a little odd
    Aldanaan 4/5. Because it looks like my characterfrom fable 1.

20110604233215.png

I think i made the nose too thin
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    Ziraia - Raging Tide Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    NiightmareXz
    I think your mystic looks really cute tbh. I dont see alot of characters like her. Her skinny body fits her, and it's nice that she doesn't look like everyone else. Face looks nice as well, but i would make her head and eyes just a little smaller. 8/10

varenique
    I looove her eyes. i think i would make her mouth bigger, but that's also the only thing i would change with her face. 9/10

Synsae
    Blademaster
    She looks OK. I dont really like green as a hair color. Her face looks nice. 5/10
    Seeker
    I wish i could make a character look nice with that hairstyle. I think you made it look very nice. And i love her eye color. I dont really like how her chin looks. 8/10
    2nd Blademaster
    Ugh, i dont like him at all xD sorry. Especially not with that mustache. His eyes are very small. 1/10

Verima
    Yes, her nose looks a little thin. And her eyes are small. She looks very peaceful and kind tho. Love her lips and hair. Her body looks a little big imo. 6/10

Here's Ziraia after another Makeover. It takes time to get used to her black hair o.o
    2011-06-0501-50-56.jpg

What do you think? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @verima, she looks a bit to big I think, but perhaps that's preference, she has some kind of "wisdom" face about her, like a more aged person so to speak, the face seems a bit to long as well I think, nice attempt though, 6/10

@Ziraia, dunno what much I can say, I did make a lil thread on TB customs and she kinda looks to generic in which I mean, I see many of the same face so to speak, especially with the thunder ponytail which is pretty commonly used.

This be my psy that I havn't used for ever, but was bored enough to give a re-custom to, I do know it's hard to give a TB a custom that doesn't look to generic but hell, thought I'd give it a go on a psy anyway.

j8nzow.jpg

any criticism is welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Verima - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    @Renza 4/5 i don't think the hair suits the face. I like the skin and hair colour.
    The purple eye colour im not to sure about

20110605094102.png

My attempt at the fishys.
    edited June 2011

I'm not conforming to "american standards" in a fawking game. There are many people who make railthin characters, and mine isn't anywhere near that. I'm not gonna make a fat character just cause 98% of US population is morbidly obese now. I see enough **** people at work, why would I wanna stare at one for the hour I play this game a week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    @Ziraia, dunno what much I can say, I did make a lil thread on TB customs and she kinda looks to generic in which I mean, I see many of the same face so to speak, especially with the thunder ponytail which is pretty commonly used.

If you means she looks like a preset, i just want to say that i have changed alot on her. b:surrender

Your psychic
    I like her skin and hair color. Her eyes look a little big, and eye color does not match too good imo. 4/10

Verima
    Another pair of very big eyes. I would rotate them just a little more horizontally and make her eyebrows bigger. I like her hair color tho. 3/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Verima - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    edit: nvm stupid idea.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    If you means she looks like a preset, i just want to say that i have changed alot on her. b:surrender

Your psychic
    I like her skin and hair color. Her eyes look a little big, and eye color does not match too good imo. 4/10

Verima
    Another pair of very big eyes. I would rotate them just a little more horizontally and make her eyebrows bigger. 3/10

If you knew what generic means you would of got me, just as I said, I simply ment that I see a lot of TB that look very similar to you, even if you have changed it "alot", I dare say you have done lots of "tiny" tweaks but it's nothing that's really changed it, what would help is if you actually edited the face proportions for e.g, then went into the advanced tab and played about with the sliders in there, it's what I did at the end of mine, then I actually scaled the head size slider to about 2/4 - 3/4 to make it look normal size again.

I know I can be pretty forward on my "ratings", but 4/10 for her eyes being to big and the colour not matching is just a bit funny, but it's your preference, even I'll agree that the eye colour doesn't match due to the red eye liner that can't be changed, but the" large eyes" is the whole point, (random number) about 70% of the population of this game has squinty eye characters with tiny eye sizes and imo it just looks insanely boring and way to common, try making a change from the clone's that you see on a daily basis, I don't think I've seen a single character on this game yet that looks even anything like my EG which I'm pretty happy about to as it's pretty refreshing, anyway thanks for the response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    wow, what a letter. Anyway, i said "imo", and the 4/10 is what i would give your psy. I dont like her full look, sorry. Be happy with the ratings you get D:

Oh, and i did go into the advanced tab and edited my sins face shape. Just cause i didn't make her face unnatural long or gave her big cheeks, doesn't mean i didn't change anything :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    wow, what a letter. Anyway, i said "imo", and the 4/10 is what i would give your psy. I dont like her full look, sorry. Be happy with the ratings you get D:

Oh, and i did go into the advanced tab and edited my sins face shape. Just cause i didn't make her face unnatural long or gave her big cheeks, doesn't mean i didn't change anything :x

Fairs fair I suppose, since I never gave your sin a rating, I'll rate her 2/10, reason being her face is long like most characters, squinty and small eyes, no nice colour in her eyes that can attract attention and as i mentioned before, to generic, just my opinion.

@Verima, the hair seems to go well with the face, it looks like she has some nice characteristics in it, like a young/friendly style in the face, skin colour seems to go pretty well to, only thing I think you could change is simply her eye colour, just something a bit more brighter to go with her look and it could be perfect. 9/10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • varenique
    edited June 2011
    Fairs fair I suppose, since I never gave your sin a rating, I'll rate her 2/10, reason being her face is long like most characters, squinty and small eyes, no nice colour in her eyes that can attract attention and as i mentioned before, to generic, just my opinion.

@Verima, the hair seems to go well with the face, it looks like she has some nice characteristics in it, like a young/friendly style in the face, skin colour seems to go pretty well to, only thing I think you could change is simply her eye colour, just something a bit more brighter to go with her look and it could be perfect. 9/10.

b:shocked you made a positive comment about someone's character that wasnt your own??

and you didnt say anything about it being generic and boring?
    !!!!!!!
  • Ziraia - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011

Why did i get a 2/10 when you only said negative, and not a single positive thing? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Ziraia 101 Assassin ★
    ★ _Nari_ 100 Seeker ★
    ★ xBunneh 82 Veno ★
    ★ Zushie 77 Psychic ★
    ★ HerAssassin 73 sin ★
    ★ HisHealer 54 Cleric ★
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Why did i get a 2/10 when you only said negative, and not a single positive thing? D:

The 2 was for the attempt, gota give you something for going into the advanced tab like you said right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • HotBanana - Lost City
    HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm not conforming to "american standards" in a fawking game. There are many people who make railthin characters, and mine isn't anywhere near that. I'm not gonna make a fat character just cause 98% of US population is morbidly obese now. I see enough **** people at work, why would I wanna stare at one for the hour I play this game a week?

rofl!

Who the *** said you have to make them obese???

Add some ****** curves to the body, make it seem like IT'S ACTUALLY A GOD DAMN PERSON, and NOT some ****** toothpick standing on the screen with some overly proportioned head, that makes it look like a freak show exhibit.
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2011

well aren't you a racist son of a *****.

Don't post your char's pic in a RATE A CHARACTER thread HOT or NOT without expecting people to rate it and say whether they like it or not. People are going to be harsh when you ask them to rate an anorexia-promoting character, that's just the way it is.

I do agree no one should be telling you that you should change it to look like something else but your attitude smells.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    rofl!

Who the *** said you have to make them obese???

Add some ****** curves to the body, make it seem like IT'S ACTUALLY A GOD DAMN PERSON, and NOT some ****** toothpick standing on the screen with some overly proportioned head, that makes it look like a freak show exhibit.

Let her be, it's her own character. Not like what she does will affect you, ijs.
    well aren't you a racist son of a *****.

Don't post your char's pic in a RATE A CHARACTER thread HOT or NOT without expecting people to rate it and say whether they like it or not. People are going to be harsh when you ask them to rate an anorexia-promoting character, that's just the way it is.

I do agree no one should be telling you that you should change it to look like something else but your attitude smells.

I don't really know if it's promoting anorexia but I guess to some people who don't know that character style originated from another version of PW. But I agree with you here and I can understand Night's point of view.

Just a reminder to everyone, when you post a picture of your character in general, expect to get constructive criticism (yes I know sometimes it's just plain criticizing or hating). As raters, I find some of them to be very close-minded and shouldn't be rating at all. Be open-minded about other people's styles. That's all I can say. If it's not your preference, say it but don't go all like "omg i hate it so much plz change it". b:surrender

Imo, preferences do come first but there is no need to shove down opinions down people's throats. No one has the control to change your character's style. So if you like the way she/he is, then just stick with it. b:surrenderb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    varenique wrote: »
    b:shocked you made a positive comment about someone's character that wasnt your own??

and you didnt say anything about it being generic and boring?
    !!!!!!!

That's because their characters are very similar in looks. Verima did it better buy I personally don't like either of the looks. 3.5/5 for Verima, 3 for Renza.

And lets stay positive people! Let's give constructive criticism instead of tearing each other down. A character isn't generic just because they have small eyes. Many people have small eyes. A character isn't promoting anorexia just because she is made in the doll fashion of PWCN. (Even i agree she is way too thin, that's a matter of personal preference.) It doesn't mean a fat character is promoting obesity or a thin character promotes anorexia. It's just a game. Chill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit