Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is there a way to focus on Spear as a BM but get a few axe skills just to AoE grind or would that be too expensive? I would like to do a double focus eventually but I have no idea how hard that would be as far as skill cost n' such. The reason I want to use both is to spear for PvP reasons and axe for PvE or for a TW if I ever participate.
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Is there a way to focus on Spear as a BM but get a few axe skills just to AoE grind or would that be too expensive? I would like to do a double focus eventually but I have no idea how hard that would be as far as skill cost n' such. The reason I want to use both is to spear for PvP reasons and axe for PvE or for a TW if I ever participate.

I have a lvl 83 BM and only in the last few levels of 7x i had "somehow" spare Skillpoints. And all Skills I skilled till like 75 were almost only (Axe) AOEs and only few single target ones. So if you want fast Leveling go pure Axe till like 80 and then add the PK Skills you like. It might be also ok to not level all Skills - e.g. the Axe Ulti you do not really need for solo grinding or single target PVP - but it is really great in goodless valley and bosses and... up to you though ^^
  • Gateguardian - Lost City
    Gateguardian - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    when is PT2 coming out? b:chuckle
  • Silverglare - Dreamweaver
    Silverglare - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Could you add. Skill rotations for each type?.

Say i wanted to be an aoe tank and decided to go with axe/hammer what skills would i use in rotations?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    when is PT2 coming out? b:chuckle

I'm remaking the guide, and since exams weeks are over, it should be soon.

Both, Spear and Axes are good by themselves at PvP, TW and PvE. So there is not really a need to use both before level 9x.

It should be better for you to focus on one weapon.
    Could you add. Skill rotations for each type?.

Say i wanted to be an aoe tank and decided to go with axe/hammer what skills would i use in rotations?

I don't really get your question.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You should make a little thing about Fists and how they are good for PvE 1v1 b:chuckle
    Back.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't really get your question.

I think he means something like this

highland cleave > fissure > drake sweep > fan of flames > one extra attack of your choice(actually highland cleave finishes cd here)

and rotate
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    You should make a little thing about Fists and how they are good for PvE 1v1 b:chuckle

Just past level 89. Before that, maybe just for instances, to charge up Chi.

Level 7x and 8x are the paradise of physical mobs; therefore, the best way for a BM to level up at those levels is doing AoE grinding.

But...I'll detail that in the version 2 of the guide :P
    I think he means something like this

highland cleave > fissure > drake sweep > fan of flames > one extra attack of your choice(actually highland cleave finishes cd here)

and rotate

Well, the rotation doesn't really matter, usually it is this way:

Drakes Sweep -> Fan of Flames > Highland Cleave -> Fissure

Throwing Roar before or after Drakes Sweep, and/or Heaven's Flame/Spark after/instead of the stunning.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    *nod* similar to my usual grinding sequence

roar > drake sweep > fan of flames > run backwards and recast phy marrow > adv spark to resist > highland cleave > fissure > drake sweep > fan of flames

and if they are not dead by then and I have around 10 mobs on my tail.... I run backwards recast phy marrow and wait for charm to tick, then

(maybe roar again) > highland cleave > fissure > drake sweep > fan of flames

till they drop.

if i have meteor rush the running part probably won't be needed. Never tried though.
  • foodlover
    foodlover Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hi all, i am currently a level 31 spear BM

My Stats: Str: 80, Vit: 50, Dex 35, Mag: 5, without gears =)

So my qn is: is my Dex is too low for my lev as a spear bm ?

And if it's ok to leave my Vit at 50 and don't add it anymore and concentrate on adding for every 2 levels 5 str and 5 dex all the way ? Cause i wana hit more and crit more oso as i am currently miss quite alot with my skills which is very mp wasting lol ^^

Will capping 50 Vit make my grinding very hard ? or isit still manageable ? Or should i add it to 60 to make use of the mutiple of 4 to get the extra def ?

Thanks alot in advance for helpping me cause i am too confuse to continue my training now b:thanks

Level 31 BM ( Martell )
  • Searix - Sanctuary
    Searix - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    best guide ive read its helping me build my charater that way hes useful
  • Silverglare - Dreamweaver
    Silverglare - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Being a BM tank is not impossable as people keep telling me. Over 80% of the people here do not understand that Barbarian tanks and BM tanks will work diferently. The game is designed this way cause why else have the Blademaster? I do intend to find out the best way to work a BM tank and when i will request you to add it to this guide.
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In my opinion BMs are not meant for tanking at all. Sure you could create a tanking build but quite honestly I find some Veno pets and Barbs are the best choices for tanking.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In my opinion BMs are not meant for tanking at all. Sure you could create a tanking build but quite honestly I find some Veno pets and Barbs are the best choices for tanking.

We are meant to be back up of everything until the proper one can step up. That's how I see it.

You can see it as the "sixth" player in basketball team.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    foodlover wrote: »
    Hi all, i am currently a level 31 spear BM

My Stats: Str: 80, Vit: 50, Dex 35, Mag: 5, without gears =)

So my qn is: is my Dex is too low for my lev as a spear bm ?

And if it's ok to leave my Vit at 50 and don't add it anymore and concentrate on adding for every 2 levels 5 str and 5 dex all the way ? Cause i wana hit more and crit more oso as i am currently miss quite alot with my skills which is very mp wasting lol ^^

Will capping 50 Vit make my grinding very hard ? or isit still manageable ? Or should i add it to 60 to make use of the mutiple of 4 to get the extra def ?

Thanks alot in advance for helpping me cause i am too confuse to continue my training now b:thanks

Level 31 BM ( Martell )

Your DEX is exactly the minimum you must have at level 31, so it is ok. But you can always add more of it in the future

Yes, it is ok to leave your VIT at 50 and don't add anymore unless you feel you need more HP and you lack the money/equipment to do so.

No, 50 VIT won't make your grinding hard at all.
    Being a BM tank is not impossable as people keep telling me. Over 80% of the people here do not understand that Barbarian tanks and BM tanks will work diferently. The game is designed this way cause why else have the Blademaster? I do intend to find out the best way to work a BM tank and when i will request you to add it to this guide.

No one said it is impossible.

BM can tank, but has limits. Barbarians will always be best at tanking, no matter what you do.

If you make your character to be a tank, then you're playing the wrong class.

• Seablue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

Agreed. I see bms more as a class to prevent anything from going out of hand. In TW we can render all ground forces useless so that dds can tear them down, in fb we take care of adds and any other mobs the tank didn't take aggro. This is all possible due to our fabulous aoe stun and aoes
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Agreed. I see bms more as a class to prevent anything from going out of hand. In TW we can render all ground forces useless so that dds can tear them down, in fb we take care of adds and any other mobs the tank didn't take aggro. This is all possible due to our fabulous aoe stun and aoes
    Assuming axe/hammer build
  • khlio
    khlio Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm confused about when to cap my stats. (Axe BM) Rading this forum, most people cap vit at 50. And then I heard some people talk about capping dex at 40 or 60, but then I hear people talk about capping STR at a certain time. So I am so confused.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    khlio wrote: »
    I'm confused about when to cap my stats. (Axe BM) Rading this forum, most people cap vit at 50. And then I heard some people talk about capping dex at 40 or 60, but then I hear people talk about capping STR at a certain time. So I am so confused.

Capping VIT at 50 or so, is usually for DEX builds.

Capping DEX at 60, is for VIT builds.

And capping STR is for any build, because the STR Axes need is already high enough that adding more of it won't really give you a major difference in damage.

You just have to find what build suits your playing style, if DEX or VIT and then add the stats as you want to.

Of course, this are the usual numbers at which people cap their stats, but you can cap them higher or lower, doesn't matter as long as it suits you.
  • shakaboom
    shakaboom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i wonder what the mean of "capping"..

is this "cap" until the end or not ? let say we cap vit at 50, this mean we will not add vit until the end and only add str n dex ..right?

oh yeah right now at 78, my pure stat 206 STR, 129 DEX, 67 VIT
    basically im sword master (mastery all sword skill), but with my stat.. i can pick up HH70 Axe (with "str+" eq) and have axe skill too (although its not full mastery but it works) if i need some mob in case

i need comment and suggest with my build, is my Vit too high? since i have already put HP shard (mostly lv 7) all in my eq, so ican add more to dex or maybe str..

oh yeah, with my 2 piece of 50%+accuracy ring , my accuracy right now is 2760, and with that point i dont have problem to hit Archer even wih sword n axe... * they die fast LOL
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    shakaboom wrote: »

is this "cap" until the end or not ? let say we cap vit at 50, this mean we will not add vit until the end and only add str n dex ..right?

b:victory That's right.
  • Theshatterd - Harshlands
    Theshatterd - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey lyndura, thank you for the guide, it really answered my questions =]...apart from that, i got a question, about my build..

My build is:
    Odd Levels: 3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit
    Even Levels: 3 str, 2 dex

Now that's my build, i was wondering, for the even levels, do i keep doing that build until level 50, and then at level fifty make it 3 str 2 vit instead of 3 str and 2 dex??
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    shakaboom wrote: »

oh yeah right now at 78, my pure stat 206 STR, 129 DEX, 67 VIT
    basically im sword master (mastery all sword skill), but with my stat.. i can pick up HH70 Axe (with "str+" eq) and have axe skill too (although its not full mastery but it works) if i need some mob in case

i need comment and suggest with my build, is my Vit too high? since i have already put HP shard (mostly lv 7) all in my eq, so ican add more to dex or maybe str..

oh yeah, with my 2 piece of 50%+accuracy ring , my accuracy right now is 2760, and with that point i dont have problem to hit Archer even wih sword n axe... * they die fast LOL

Your build is good, you don't have too much VIT or too low VIT, just a little above average.
    Hey lyndura, thank you for the guide, it really answered my questions =]...apart from that, i got a question, about my build..

My build is:
    Odd Levels: 3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit
    Even Levels: 3 str, 2 dex

Now that's my build, i was wondering, for the even levels, do i keep doing that build until level 50, and then at level fifty make it 3 str 2 vit instead of 3 str and 2 dex??

I suggest you to start adding more VIT than DEX on the early levels, because you really need that HP for the 2x-40 levels.

So you are better starting with 2 VIT and then when you have the amount of VIT you want to have, change the build to 2 DEX.
  • nbk
    nbk Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well ima vit build warrior and i seem to do great i have my misty and make up for my lac of dex wich alows me to last longer to do my job in tws and i last alot longer in pvp and do fine on all class's but 9x heavy venos. i fell dex is pointless i mean crits nice but i rather last a lil longer then hope i crit i got 2k acc with 1 ring so im not bad off with 2 rings ill only use dex to add crit slowly. im able to tank fb69 with 1 ep thats deacent also hh 70. i dont want to be a tank but in lack of a bairb i do great. also u are saying that a bm is not a tank what u think we do wile aoeing? tank mobs wile we kill them. bms are best for tanking mobs wile bairbs are good for boss's but if u are stated right u can tank and last longer in tw hope this post will chang up a lil.
  • Magnumcroft - Sanctuary
    Magnumcroft - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey Lyndura,

I was in etherblade just now grinding foxwings. Then i noticed this guy duelling people near the Banker, and he was winning every duel (he duelled like 3 bms: 1 sword, the other 2 i forgot b:bye)

Then i came up to him and checked out his gear. The armor was similar to mine but he was using fists. So i thought since we were about the same level, why not duel him?

I asked his level right after his current duel and he said he was 68. So i duelled him.

As usual, i started off with drake's bash. It missed, so i tried roar of the pride. It missed too, so i used aeolian blade. Guess what? It missed as well. So i used normal attacks while alternating between the stun skills. And in the end, i was owned. But that wasn't the worst part.

Only one of my normal attacks hit him.

So i asked his stats. He said he had... erm... 173 dex (I can't remember clearly but it was somewhere around there...) and only 17 vit.

I have 50 dex, 70 vit and 17 mag (messed up there) and the rest into str (about 200).

Do you know what my problem is? Is it normal to be defeated so badly by someone 6 levels higher? Is there something wrong with my build? Or are fist BMs better than axe BMs by nature? b:chuckle

Thanks
  • vietslayer
    vietslayer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im lvl 43 and im a pole/axe bm, but all the people in the games are telling me all differnt ways on how to add the attribute points to my stat....

CAN SOMEONE THATS HIGH LVL thats is BM tell me what the accurate way which i should give my attributes points to my stats. For example, for every 1 lvl where should my points go to my stat?b:begb:begb:begb:beg
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Hey Lyndura,

I was in etherblade just now grinding foxwings. Then i noticed this guy duelling people near the Banker, and he was winning every duel (he duelled like 3 bms: 1 sword, the other 2 i forgot b:bye)

Then i came up to him and checked out his gear. The armor was similar to mine but he was using fists. So i thought since we were about the same level, why not duel him?

I asked his level right after his current duel and he said he was 68. So i duelled him.

As usual, i started off with drake's bash. It missed, so i tried roar of the pride. It missed too, so i used aeolian blade. Guess what? It missed as well. So i used normal attacks while alternating between the stun skills. And in the end, i was owned. But that wasn't the worst part.

Only one of my normal attacks hit him.

So i asked his stats. He said he had... erm... 173 dex (I can't remember clearly but it was somewhere around there...) and only 17 vit.

I have 50 dex, 70 vit and 17 mag (messed up there) and the rest into str (about 200).

Do you know what my problem is? Is it normal to be defeated so badly by someone 6 levels higher? Is there something wrong with my build? Or are fist BMs better than axe BMs by nature? b:chuckle

Thanks

1.- You don't have a PvP build.
    2.- He is 6 levels higher than you.
    3.- At those levels PvP the one who has more DEX is usually the one who wins.
    4.- Wait for 7x and you will be able to kill that BM with 3-4 attacks.
    vietslayer wrote: »
    im lvl 43 and im a pole/axe bm, but all the people in the games are telling me all differnt ways on how to add the attribute points to my stat....

CAN SOMEONE THATS HIGH LVL thats is BM tell me what the accurate way which i should give my attributes points to my stats. For example, for every 1 lvl where should my points go to my stat?

Check the first post.
  • rezzi88
    rezzi88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just want to stop by and thank you for your tips about the Blademaster..It have helped me alot :D.Ive just started playing PW 3 days ago and i love it :D. I loved the Blademaster immediately since I've been that character on the other games.But I just want to ask if 3 STR,1 VIT and 1 DEX is a bad build or is it alright?Please reply back to me.b:thanks
  • Smexiiknight - Heavens Tear
    Smexiiknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    my bm was my first char but i didn't read a guide till lvl 30 i think i messed up i lvled up all the skills you said not to should i make a new character or keep going =(?b:cry
  • redx4oe
    redx4oe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    1.-Note that you can't use a single weapon, like "Spear" or "Dual Blades", etc. When you choose one path, you will probably use all the weapons included into that path, because Legendary and Twillight Temple weapons (the strongest ones and the ones you will use at higher levels) are already pre-designed, so you will be forced to use many kind of weapons.
    Ok Great guide....
    Question at lvl 29 u get your weapons skill but if ur gonna be forced to change weapons all the time will u need to add skills all over the place to accommodate for them also.
    Understand that quest etc gives weapon rewards but aren't u allowed to choose?