Money making : How to do it.

Comments

• VeritasVis - Lost City
    VeritasVis - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I hear people telling others not to teleport all the time, granted i've only played this game for a few weeks but...this is the worst advice ever. In nearly every game i play i always end up being one of the richest players while spending the least real life cash. I say this not to be cocky but hopefully give myself some credability. Teleport everywhere! Time is money, sure it may cost you 5k to teleport but 2.5 dq items npced will get you this money back, if that teleport saves you even 3-4 minutes you will make the money back from drops + exp. The trick is to spend stretches in the same spot grinding. If you spend 30 minutes at a spot you can easily get 50k (around my lvl 45) and with focus powders have almost no grinding cost.

Granted if you're dirt poor you can't afford to teleport but not teleporting won't fix your problems. If you find yourself low on funds use life/focus powders and meditate. On my FAC i'll only have to rest for about 30 seconds every 10 minutes with focus powders.

The rest of this guide is good but i just wanted to throw in my .02 about teleporting.

-Veritas
  • Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Great Guide! I always have a problem with keeping money since I am to lazy to walk so I end up teleporting alot and it cost me everything In the end. So from now on my char will have to become more of a sports woman XD
  • Sanadoria - Sanctuary
    Sanadoria - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    To be sure, if ppl don't pick up there drops and i am around,,>>> ITS MINE <<, so i sometimes fly around to see what ppl left...i can't beleave how meny
    ppl don't pick up there stuff..and they leave good stuff too...hehe...b:chuckle
  • silentrichy
    silentrichy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Nice guide. Helped me a lot.
  • magicboy7111
    magicboy7111 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree with the teleporting bit for lower levels. Sticking with the 200 and 1k town teleports is good but at later levels, even a 5k teleport is insignificant compared to the amount of money you could be getting by grinding.
  • Warmark - Heavens Tear
    Warmark - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for this guide Amiris!

I just started playing this game on a recommendation from a friend and really am enjoying it.
    I must be crazy because I have a sub in LoTRO and playing the WoW 10 day Lich King trial, but this is the game thats keeping me hooked.

This guide was just what I was looking for to get a feel for the economy in this game.Great to see an auction house here, made a ton of money in WoW using the AH.

Thanks again.
  • $tarFire - Heavens Tear
    $tarFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi Amiris, love your guide and it makes great sense. Would it be possible if I use in our faction's Mischief's forum? It would not only help the noobs but also all of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There are different lvls of Dragon Quests and different materials for them. The number is the level of Dragon Quest that item is for.

Some people try to sell them to other players for outrageous profit but Its much easier to just sell them to an NPC.

However, if your leaving your computer for a while(even if your sleeping) it is a good idea to set up a shop for all the DQ items you have collected and try to sell them. Then, whatever hasn't sold by the time you get back, NPC it and move on.
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi Amiris, love your guide and it makes great sense. Would it be possible if I use in our faction's Mischief's forum? It would not only help the noobs but also all of us.

Go ahead, just make sure to credit me ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's weird the stuff people leave lying around. I pick up all my armor drops, and only ditch them if I have to make room for a stackable that's worth more (i.e DQ). I see SO many people just leaving DQ drops all over the place. Just the other day someone was out hunting wolfkins and wolfmasters where I was, they drop MAD amounts of rough and soft furs. Easy money. Sell the rough furs in cat shops, and NPC the soft furs. Why would you leave multiple 800 coins just lying around? I ate 'em up man! Lvl 21 with over 200k because of goofy people leaving coins and DQ20s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    great guide, i like it, i have some boutique clothes, i might sell a few but keep some, i really do like how they look, thanks a ton for the guide.
    I agree with the person above me... only i saw somebody leaving all the human world card drops, made 670k =).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • kwalle
    kwalle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Big thx for this guide, good tips for a beginner like me ;)
  • Nerishana - Sanctuary
    Nerishana - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm curious, I keep picking up unidentified items, but when I tried to get them id'd at an npc I can't figure out how. The screen comes up, but it doesn't seem to want to let me do anything.

Also, for some reason the banker won't let me bank any of my money. Not that I really mind carrying the coins around really. lol

Are these two features not completed yet? Or is it just me?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    For identifying, go to an Elder or a Merchant, click Identify Item, drag the item to the box, then click Identify (costs some money). Should work.
    Banking money, I don't know, I don't do that myself. Should work though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jibbe - Sanctuary
    Jibbe - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this shud save me some money. im lvl 33 and i havent saved 100k not for even a second lol. i teleport too much :P and buy my items from NPC nowadays O.O
    but i have a question though, where are the auctions ?
    and i have a suggestion to saving i read on another guide : learn to craft stuff. is this one good ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Auctioneer NPC's can be found in the main towns, use the coordinate tracker to find them.
    Crafting stuff IS an option. However, if you were to sell the materials, you could buy the items at the auctioneer. The result would be the exact same though, so pick whatever you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicboy7111
    magicboy7111 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Also, for some reason the banker won't let me bank any of my money. Not that I really mind carrying the coins around really. lol

Are these two features not completed yet? Or is it just me?

To bank money, you must click the coin symbol in your inventory, not in the safe. Then you type in the amount of coins you want to bank. Should work unless you reach the maximum (not likely)
  • IMagical - Sanctuary
    IMagical - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    People could also try once they get enough money to do so, buying large ammounts of mats or celestones for low prices then selling them for higher.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There's only really one thing I disagree with, which is the don't buy things because it looks cool part.
    What's the point of making all that money if you're not going to use it?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • PeacefulElf - Lost City
    PeacefulElf - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Great guide but its hard to not teleport...really lazy b:surrender
    And how do you get such a nice sig? :D
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    As it says under it, Symour made it. He has a thread on the Screenshots&Videos board, but he's having some trouble, so he can't make any right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Supercubby - Sanctuary
    Supercubby - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the awesome advice and input from everyone!!I will def used this guide, I have one question though. Is it worth it to spend in Real Life 10 bucks and buy items for other players in the boutique and then sell them to them? BTW Your awesome!!! Bumb!!!
  • Plarzay - Sanctuary
    Plarzay - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Neat guide, I like, i know of most stuff though. haven't used the auction house yet, must try it when i can play again. (in a month or so that is :( ) thought at my lvl theres nothing to spend money on, lol. I'll just keep saving till theres something important i have to have... :) and with selling matirias buying item, how often is this idea cheaper? all the time or not often?
    I Can do magic me! b:laugh
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    The auction is generally always cheaper than NPC's, with some obvious exceptions, like ammunition. Just, before you sell something in there, make sure it has a filter option. The material section is messed up, most items aren't in there. Also, Christmas Clothes don't have a filter option. In other words, those items won't get a lot of bids.

Oh, and don't bump this topic cubby, it's stickied =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    People could also try once they get enough money to do so, buying large ammounts of mats or celestones for low prices then selling them for higher.

No, thats how you ruin the economy. You make prices go high then no one can afford anything. Only do this if you wish to ruin this game like the 2 other mmos that died because people did that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Like you can change humanity zoe *tsk tsk*

I'd like to add(unless already said): Try doing the wraith invasions for your lvl in a party. The dragon quest item drop rate is very good and you can make a quick 100k per invasion.
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well, as a newbie to PW, i have one level 5 char, venomancer with batwings :P

in general, i will take your advice on sell everything... the rest, i need to do more reading, i have no idea what FP (?) is, i assume DQ = Dragon Quests, tho i am not familiar with what that means, etc etc

obviously, as a newb, I am stuck on all the different mats that can be picked up... is ANYTHING useful to keep? As a 3+ year player of GW, the items dropped and what can be used and kept as value is easy for me, in here, totally lost :(
  • raptorstyle91
    raptorstyle91 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Its a guide for lamers you dont have any idea of merchanting fool i bet i make more money then you
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Its a guide for lamers you dont have any idea of merchanting fool i bet i make more money then you

overwhelming modesty
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009

You also ruin the game by doing that. The amount of money you make does not matter if you kill the game in the process. What good is being rich in the game if there is no one that actually plays it?

Edit: Forgot to say, I bet I make more money than YOU. All I do is the things on this guide and I have full TT armor, lots of molds, a hercules. I run every class, you should know how expensive that gets. You can try to say its because I'm a venomancer but guess what? I don't do all that stuff venos are known for to make money. :p

Friend of mine plays just a cleric and an archer. Both are walking masses of molds and he doesn't ruin the economy to do it either, like you do.

If you think you can actually make money by killing off the game (i've witnessed games die because of people like you) then you really don't know how to play. We can make all the money we could ever want, and not ruin the game to do it.

Just think about that. :p
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91