Money making : How to do it.

Options

Comments

• _Jakob_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jakob_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Really helpful.. I don't have any accounts over level 30 and I've probably done the opposite of every piece of advice you have here. =P Anyways, I'll try to be better lol, GREAT GUIDE! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azerandus - Sanctuary
    Azerandus - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I always find it amusing when people don't pick up drops. Especially at the lower levels like me. No matter what it is, even a little bit more money is always nice.

And yeah... I already do lots of stuff in this guide, and I have never run out of money yet. =P

I didn't know about the auction though... so... I'll go check that out. Thanks for the tips. =D

Cheers,
    BH
  • BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary
    BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    well this guide is really great
    well except most of farmlands good for blad/barb class,

i have celeric and she cook easly by phy dmg or gang jump
    unless they are all posionous kind,

so no good farming so far for my class

is there any u can suggest
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Bump once again. I'm starting to lose track of this topic, even though I only get complimented on it <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • dranzo
    dranzo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Nice I like it. Very helpful. New players should read this.

Exactly, new players should read this =/
    When i read your guide, i was like "Omg, why do we think the same?!"

But it prolly is the game system that gives everyone the same thing.

Not trying to say your guide isnt helpful, but it's more on money-saving rather than money-making

Old players should already know all these BASIC money saving tips by the time they help out on any FBs

To make money, however, is another thing =)
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    See, the problem is moneymaking in this game is easy, so my guide may seem pretty useless on that matter. HOWEVER, while moneymaking is easy, spending it is easier. I have not seen a single player who properly knew how to save his money. Most people don't even KNOW why they're running out of money. When I point them to this guide, they usually say "Oh. I see. I'll take care not do that from now on." Mostly referring to teleporting and FB's.
    Long story short, making money is very basic and anyone can do it. Saving that money is what's hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiwarena - Heavens Tear
    Maiwarena - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    well all i can say is those "coin litter" really maks me richer by day
    almost 50% of people dont take their loots and that means i'm richer each day
    that is why i'm quite surprise that people scream some item to be overprice when they are the one who doesnt safe enough money
    my point is people got rich because of 2 things
    they got high income
    or they are money saver lol
    and i dont consider being lucky since it chance are too low
  • cryotech
    cryotech Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Props on the guide. 100% agree about dragon quest items too, they're my #1 money maker after grinding for a while.

For anyone still not sure/familiar with dragon quests, apart from gaining exp/spirit upon completion of the quest (sidenote: better off grinding that exp and gaining more items to sell anyway) you get dragon order items which are used to obtain various things from the NPC next to the dragon quest director, namely weapon/armor Molds. If that's what you're after, it works out cheaper just buying the molds etc from other players.

Oh and yes, Auction House ftw!

Sticky plox.
  • Lynzu - Lost City
    Lynzu - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    how much money is enough? i'm lvl 37 and have 190 000 coins, am i broke?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's a decent amount. As a basic goal, try to have 1M or more by lvl 45, shouldn't be too hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwilol
    pwilol Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    To everyone
    No one will teach you how to make millions and millions of money, why train more competitors to compete with you?You do get my point?

Unfortunately, this is a cruel world when it comes to money.
    No single guide in the forums will get you filthy rich (and yes i mean really really rich)

You're...
    seriously..
    on your own...
    when you want to make lots of money..
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Great guide.
    I do most of this stuff already, but I always stash my Dragons quest items...so maybe I should just sell them...
  • Shiroimizu - Lost City
    Shiroimizu - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I totally agree with this guide.

although sometimes i kinda waste on fash
    (just to cover up my gears although it can be seen thru Player Info)
    but overall this is an awesome guide for starters.

b:cool
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A) Walk, fly, run, swim

"Uhh, I do that already." Yes, but not enough. Way too many people teleport around places. Put it this way : If you're paying to teleport around Archosaur, or paying the -I think- 5K to go from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Tribe, you're wasting your money. You may think it's not a lot, but it really builds up. Teleporting is the number 1 mistake people make regarding their money. I generally only teleport between the following places :
    -The three main cities : They're relatively far from each other, and I'll admit it's quite dull to fly between them as much as you should. Therefore, I teleport between these.
    -City of the Lost -> Wellspring Village : My gateway to Archosaur. It costs 200 coins, and flying from there to Archosaur takes about 2 minutes. Saves you 2.8K.
    -The towns from lvl 1-20 : Eh, it's only 200 coins, you can make that back from a single monster. You have to walk too much at the lower lvls otherwise.
    Also, if you have TW teleports in your faction, use them wisely, because they're awesome.
    After a lot of thought, I have to disagree with this one. Yes flying from Wellspring Village to Archosaur saves you 2.8k. But it costs you 2 minutes. Typically, in 2 minutes of fighting I will have gotten 3-4 DQ drops, easily making up the 2.8k.

Put another way, if you run/fly instead of using the expensive teleports, you will have more coin at a given level. But after playing, say, 100 hours, you will be a lower level and have less money because you've spent a lot more time running around.

If it's a short hop or there are multiple stops you need to make along the way, certainly run/fly. But for anything which takes more than a minute to run, think carefully about whether you'd be better off getting to the destination quicker so you can start killing things and getting loot.
  • Blanosu - Sanctuary
    Blanosu - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i agree with solandre on low lvl is a lot of time waste to walk on , u can teleport in just a sec but annyway i agree u in outer points like auctions(i use it from the beginning of the game this thing and yes is the coolest thing in game(the auctioner)b:laugh
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    After a lot of thought, I have to disagree with this one. Yes flying from Wellspring Village to Archosaur saves you 2.8k. But it costs you 2 minutes. Typically, in 2 minutes of fighting I will have gotten 3-4 DQ drops, easily making up the 2.8k.

Put another way, if you run/fly instead of using the expensive teleports, you will have more coin at a given level. But after playing, say, 100 hours, you will be a lower level and have less money because you've spent a lot more time running around.

If it's a short hop or there are multiple stops you need to make along the way, certainly run/fly. But for anything which takes more than a minute to run, think carefully about whether you'd be better off getting to the destination quicker so you can start killing things and getting loot.

I guess I should have made this more clear, but this guide is to help you get more money at a given LEVEL. Time is not an element. You are correct though, but it's better to have more money at a certain level and taking a bit longer to get to it, than less money and taking less time to get there.

I have also edited in the FREE teleport to Archosaur, check the Walk, fly, run swim section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shyboo
    shyboo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Oh I hope this tread will be stickied, because I (as a newbie) love it. ^^ Good job. b:thanks
  • jd50510
    jd50510 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    bump for good information b:pleased
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Bump. Dang, this went to third page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlueAngel - Heavens Tear
    BlueAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Nice guide. I have realized most of my money goes to teleporting. b:chuckle Love it!! ^_^
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This should be stickied so it is never lost in the depths of the forum
  • Blauerosen - Sanctuary
    Blauerosen - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    great guide. =D it's helpful. new players should totally read this.
  • Darkstarshad - Sanctuary
    Darkstarshad - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    yes this is a great guide, i sold all my DQ items and made 200k from them.
    i have gotten to where i spend 2 days a week doing quest and 2-3 hours a week just runnung around farming iron/herbs ect. now i did buy the super safe extension stone for room but as it is i have 100s and 100s of herbs and **** and have made 150 life potions lol

awsome guideb:victory
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Great guide, I did all this before anyway...works great. At lv 58, got 6 legendaries equipped, my tt60 crossbow and my lv 61 legendary crossbow worth 3mill. I find it easier to make money by depositing in the bank, that way I can see how much profit I make each grind session and only use that money to buy pots, repairs, etc and still have a profit.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yey stickied ^_^ Thanks aryanna :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yey stickied ^_^ Thanks aryanna :3

Good work gets rewarded. ^_^ -Winks-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arekaine - Heavens Tear
    Arekaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the guide ^_^. Very helpful and well put together
  • MysticBladex - Heavens Tear
    MysticBladex - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    OHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!OOH!! auction house forgot that excists i was trying to sell a chain jacket in cat mode
  • doogens
    doogens Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

B) Don't buy NPC items

NPC items are NOT worth the price you pay for them, though I suppose shards are an exception to that rule. If you need items, buy them from players or the auction. This especially goes for equipment. Usually, blue two-stars in the auction are cheaper than white 1-star NPC items.

In my experience, buying items from cat shops and other players is about 800% (Yes, eight hundered percent) more expensive this NPC's. If I need bolts for my bow, I'll buy them from the blacksmith for 2 coins a pop before I pay 200 (Two hundered) for them. (Yes, I've seen that before, and the sad part is people are probably falling for it.)
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This guide does not take scammers into account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]