edited October 2010
    Options
    Good Guide - works too.

To bad I already do all of that.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I MUST disagree with the Catshop vs Auction House suggestion in the first post.

I greatly dislike auction house. You have to pay a fee to use it, and a percentage of your sale is taken as a gratuity. I sell something for 3,00,000 buy it now, I get it back minus 3% or so.

If you have an item and it is worth 150k, for example, but there are a ton of them in the auction house, people are going to drop the prices to sell them faster. The end result is that your item will never sell at 150k in the auction house. Some people may be selling it for 50k in the auction house. Real example, I had an item I was selling, that normally is 150k, not so rare anymore. It's going price in Auction was around 30-40k. I got 70k for mine by leaving it up in a catshop for a week.

If you use a catshop, you set the price the item sells for, and it is free for you to sell such items. You have an unlimited amount of time to sell them. The other benefit is you can put up an offer to buy more of items you already have.

I don't subscribe to the 'buy 9999 of X item for 400 coins then sell 9999 of X item for 1200 coins" catshop strategy. I often don't buy from those catshops when I need crafting mats for my gear. I will, however, buy crafting mats in my shop for making apo items to sell, but I use some of them as well.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • skado
    skado Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ty very helpfull b:victory
  • RinKaenbyou - Heavens Tear
    RinKaenbyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wow..the amount of silly mistakes you make just because were lazy. I do these things alot and i was wondering why my money stopped going up!
    This is a very helpful guide, thanks for the kick up the bum :'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse~♥
  • Aijilyuol - Raging Tide
    Aijilyuol - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you, Amiris!
  • lokari
    lokari Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That's a very nice guide. but i think most people is bored to grind and making money. i dont tell that to anoy you people but i have a few friend's that they are bored to.

- i think that this post most of you should say "i dont care" but this is the true.

b:bye
  • eriscence
    eriscence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • _Fear_ - Raging Tide
    _Fear_ - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i rly think somone can make a better guide then this oneb:shocked
  • ganjathief
    ganjathief Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what else is new, grind for gold... seems like an alright guide.
  • gsdudley
    gsdudley Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Very good however I am much lower than most of your advise. I need basic information on what items are and how to improve my playing skills.

Thanks
  • Cyrana - Sanctuary
    Cyrana - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, from other players. There's also a gold trade system ingame, which is supposed to make it possible to trade ingame coins to Zen. However, I have no clue whatsoever how that works. It looks really complicated, and the built in tutorial isn't much help.

I have searched all over the forum this morning for better information on trading gold and can't seem to find a proper guide/thread that might answer this question. Anyone out there have better information? It appears I have put my gold up for auction properly but then there seems to be people buying for more than I am selling but mine isn't selling so...apparently I have listed/done something wrong/or some other noobish mistake. Anyone willing to take the time to spell out better instructions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I have searched all over the forum this morning for better information on trading gold and can't seem to find a proper guide/thread that might answer this question. Anyone out there have better information? It appears I have put my gold up for auction properly but then there seems to be people buying for more than I am selling but mine isn't selling so...apparently I have listed/done something wrong/or some other noobish mistake. Anyone willing to take the time to spell out better instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Haha, okay. Here it goes.

Once you're in the gold trading window you need to deposit gold if you're selling it, or coins if you're buying it. You can do that in the Current Available Funds section.

By default, you're at the buy tab. In the price section, you enter how much coin you're willing to pay for each gold. In the amount section, you enter how many you want to buy. It will then tell you how much all this will cost as well as the fee. Clicking confirm enters your bid into the system.

Up at the top you'll see the tab for selling. The process is pretty much the same, only this time the fee is in silver rather than coins. You enter the amount you wish to sell each piece for, and how many pieces of gold you're selling, and confirm.

Over to the right you'll see two tables in yellow and green. The top table in yellow shows the people selling gold for the lowest prices. For example, it should say something like "860,000 Sell 20" meaning they're selling 20 pieces for 860k each. The same can be said for the bottom table in green, only those prices are from those that are buying.

If you want to buy gold immediately, you need to enter the price of one of the yellow sellers (the very bottom one is always cheapest.) If you want to sell gold immediately, you need to enter the price of one of the green buyers (the top price is always the highest.) Once you click confirm, as far as I can tell, it's almost immediately bought or sold if there is someone selling or buying the minimum amount of gold you entered at the exact price. However, if you enter a price that isn't on the charts, you can click the Listings button to cancel it (by clicking the particular listing you made and clicking delete.)

If you're still in the gold trading window you can click the refresh button to see if you've sold any or bought any, and then withdraw. It should also refresh automatically if you close and reopen it.

Also as far as I know, if you make a buying bid for say, 800k, and there are several people selling for less than that, you'll automatically get the cheaper gold until there's none left or you have reached the max amount you're buying. I *think*... this makes sense to me and I swear it's happened before but I can't test it right now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Cyrana - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thank you...well...I know i sold one gold, the others it will not let me delete and they don't appear to have sold either so ...I might have just lost 9 gold into the system..who knows.

Glitchs certainly do happen when you are using computers! Thank you SO much for your clear instructions on buying and selling. It is much appreciated.
  • Vorken - Archosaur
    Vorken - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You may need to unlock your account in order to delete/cancel transactions. Click the unlock button on the bottom of the dialog box and then enter you password. Then select with transaction you want to delete.
  • Cyrana - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well I didn't have a password set up but I did set one up and took it off unlock as you suggested but it will still only let me highlight my listings but not let me delete....sigh...I do hate feeling stupid lol
  • Bieber - Dreamweaver
    Bieber - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    excellent guide
  • Lois_Lane - Raging Tide
    Lois_Lane - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide, is really helpful... and yeah, i made the same mistake by buying fashion items.... i really HAD TO.... lol b:sadb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pixie48888
    pixie48888 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jadelion wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me but during questing and griniding I notice that many people don't pick up their drops for some reason so I just pick everything I see and npc it b:laugh more for me!

I KNOW RIGHT!!b:laugh
  • Aquanellea - Dreamweaver
    Aquanellea - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ty, i found this very useful(i usually make ALOT of mistakes regarding making money) so thanks againb:pleasedb:kiss
  • AngelicArche - Lost City
    AngelicArche - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks. It really helped me alot.b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Tagged - Lost City
    Tagged - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nice guide! b:victory
  • Castiel_BG - Raging Tide
    Castiel_BG - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes, nice one. But I've got one question: can we make money by selling items bought from the boutique? I mean - what would be the price in coins of an item which costs 20 gold?
  • Liyjilmn - Sanctuary
    Liyjilmn - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you are more interested in grinding for money/sp than leveling using the genie to dump exp to stay between lvl 30-35 and taking advantage of the payout vs pay in for the Crazy stones element power quest is handy.

especially if you collect shards/celestones for later and your genie has abysmal luck points.

Also If I'm grinding for quests I sometimes use the town portal supplement a quick return to the nearest city. If you know you're in an area thats fairly safe and got a full pack, teleporting once an hour can make a difference to having to leave stuff behind.
  • dragonnightx
    dragonnightx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i just wanted 2 thx u ur forum helped me out a lot so thxs a lot
  • Mafiadude - Dreamweaver
    Mafiadude - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats awsome guide
  • nikkah
    nikkah Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    =o hi
  • ubnext
    ubnext Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well this guide is really great
    well except most of farmlands good for blad/barb class,

i have celeric and she cook easly by phy dmg or gang jump
    unless they are all posionous kind,

so no good farming so far for my class

is there any u can suggest

Great guide by the way, lots of useful tidbits.
    cleric, in most cases you can hover just above coal stack or herb and harvest. I am lvl 25 and I'd say I average 8:1 ratio. harvest 8 get attacked 1.

just be careful, if you really want it pull the monster away and come back to grab. most times by the time he realizes where he was someone else got his attention.
    always harvest while mana up. tell group i got to mana up then go harvest while they distract.
    this helps save meditation slow rate and group keeps u in the air away from danger, your MP & HP increase so does your fly timer. (is that wing Mana)?

and you can always farm low lvl herbs etc, then sell it in a low lvl village.
    I see too many shops in ARCH and selling everything, but in city of plume and bamboo village, they sell level 80+ in a cat or lighter shop.
    dumb and lame, wished for a smart shop from 1-20+ with herbs and stone so i could lvl craft, now I am going back.

best thing to save you money.
    ask Santa for a PWI 10.00 prepaid card, then get the 9 gold super inventory stone, then spend 1 gold or the equivalent silver on getting items you can sell in your shop.
    I save alot more by having everything i need for all four crafts on me when in the city, then banking half of it when out of city.
    another helpful hint. keep stackable's in your bag and non stackable's in your bank.

never throw out a 50 stack for something unless your sure its worth the toss.
  • ILoveChristi - Dreamweaver
    ILoveChristi - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide :). Good tips, especially that free teleport via the Adventure Assistant. Merching fashion, mounts and etc. will also help give good money.