Money making : How to do it.

Options

Comments

• ILoveChristi - Dreamweaver
    ILoveChristi - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide :D. Good tips, especially that free teleport via the Adventure Assistant. Merching fashion, mounts and etc. will also help give good money.
  • Bernardt - Lost City
    Bernardt - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thanks! Gonna follow it
  • Raindropp - Dreamweaver
    Raindropp - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thank you for this guide! :)
  • Zorsha - Harshlands
    Zorsha - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sigh. Bump.

Not sure why this is still stickied it's so out of date and sifting through the 74 pages for what works best today is ridiculous. And you wouldn't need to have kept bumping it if it was worth 1/2 a copper, the viewing community would have bumped it.

And really, who wants to sit and meditate? Are you serious? A barb or bm can go take a nap waiting for their hp to regen same for a cleric or wiz for mana. The time it takes you walk or even fly from one location to another could have bent spent questing/grinding and the cost quickly recovered. And the game has reached a point where you hardly ever see blue items for sale anymore. It's all about molds, TT, and maybe a 3 star or purple. Heck it's hardly even worth decomposing the stuff for fuel since you can beat fuel out of snowmen now.

And if you want good gear cheap, spend the time farming mats and lvling your manufacturing skills. Become self reliant. Selling mats is still a lucrative way to make decent money off your own cat shop.
    Werewolf barb 63
    Pimp_Hand bm 69
    Malekith sin 75
    Luna_Glade cleric 61
    Mr_Spock wiz 66
    Dark_Lord archer 80
  • Zorsha - Harshlands
    Zorsha - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    -royal bumpbutt-

OMFG it's stickied FFS, it doesn't need bumped!
    Werewolf barb 63
    Pimp_Hand bm 69
    Malekith sin 75
    Luna_Glade cleric 61
    Mr_Spock wiz 66
    Dark_Lord archer 80
  • LostMercy - Archosaur
    LostMercy - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Very helpful!
  • sannman
    sannman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sorry I don't think it fits here but i've seen everyone talking about "grinding" and I really want to know what that means. plz help!!!
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sannman wrote: »
    sorry I don't think it fits here but i've seen everyone talking about "grinding" and I really want to know what that means. plz help!!!

grinding? i'll tell you later, i'm busy right now. while you wait, why not go kill some mobs on the open map? pick up their coins and drops while you're at it, you can make a little profit off of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • JuneWhite - Raging Tide
    JuneWhite - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much for this awesome guide :D
    I'm sure it will help me collecting some coins for the flying mount I wish to get b:thanks
  • aglaria
    aglaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so whats the real way to get like 1 billion coins lv70+
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yes, I agree with everything you've said! I like fashion but it IS expensive, even more so when you consider dying it... I minimize my fashion expenses as much as I can bear though b:chuckle. I do practice a lot of what you've said though, and as of today I've decided to grind for a while, as I just splurged on a bunch of cheap dye.

Don't know if the below has been mentioned yet, but at the time of writing this, I do not have time to read through the many pages of comments.

1) I make my own wine for fbs and bhs - although unwined might get you more coin and drops, many players would rather do a wined dungeon than an unwined one. I often see players charging a wine fee or advertising that wine is free for BHs but drops belong to the winer. As a bonus, even if you're the kind of person who would wine it just to save money, not make profit off others, some will give you their drops anyway, just because you wined without charging them in any way.

2) I make my own ultimate substances - Again, beats buying them, plus in some squads the subber will get first pick at mats.

3) For Venos and those with ground mounts - after saving 1mill+, buying a tome reduces (venos) or eliminates (ground mounts) the ongoing cost of pet food.

Sidenote: At higher levels, a fast flyer really helps one resist the urge to teleport to more expensive areas. You can buy them in the boutique but sometimes it's cheaper to buy them in AH, so compare. I recently bought a fast flyer for an alt of mine by converting gold to coin, and it was cheaper than it was both before and after the price reduction in the boutique. Flyers don't require food, another thing to consider when looking at land mounts vs. flyers.

Also, whoever was talking about shopping early for gear, that is definitely a good idea. It takes the pressure of needing something now, so it allows you to be picky about price and get some deals. I repeat, shop around!

Thanks again for posting this guide, I'm sure many have found it useful so far, and many will in the future!

<3 Sho
  • VaMpiRe_ - Sanctuary
    VaMpiRe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How long do u need to grind for like 200k?
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    At what level? On mine about an hour of casual grind for quests - just npcing the DQs gives me most of it, but there're always some additional equip drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    At what level? On mine about an hour of casual grind for quests - just npcing the DQs gives me most of it, but there're always some additional equip drops.

you're doing pretty well then, for being only three levels higher than me. lately i've been having trouble breaking 100k/hour grinding around Dreaming Cloud. i might be playing too carefully, i suppose; taking risks on higher level mobs might be more profitable, perhaps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Good guide, shame that some of the methods don t work. I currently i have a 75 blademaster, really all i do is grind dq mats and sell since they are the only income and only thing that isn t heavy competitive. I tried farming, lol toke 1 hour to find a mat, alot of farmers, so i decided to go on a grinding rampage and pick up any matt if i see it. But i do know that farming isn t good unless its empty, for me thats at mornings but now days i am busy.b:pleased

:) currently i am selling dq items to npc, part of me wonders to sell it to catshop/npc for more money, i am doing quite as npc and i am quiet scared how more i would make, problem is i am so close to 50k dq points. Other then the guide is good, just not effective cause everyone does it, so i realised the best way to make money is to do what XD not alot of people do, and right now i am grinding till farming dies down. Shame i don t have time to get my level 21 veno to 60 cause that would solve my problem but i am okay just:b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • enriko88
    enriko88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you are talking about money, i can't imagine more easier way to get it so check this web site --> perfect-investment.com
  • Phantom_Xion - Sanctuary
    Phantom_Xion - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I do like this guide becuz i was teleporting the hell outta myself........more money for the npc i guess...and i teleported so much i had like 5mil one day then 2mil the next and was out of money buying fash in archo v.v which i sold....and still got nothing
  • Phantom_Xion - Sanctuary
    Phantom_Xion - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    U know if u go to that Dreamweaver port big orange circle thing on the oat those mobs give oblivion soup which if u get 4 of them its 20k right there
    and almost everytime u kill u get 1 or 2 BOOOBS FTW
  • neoro15
    neoro15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Heyy I saw the grinding part and you said 1-20 and even if I do all my quests I make barely 5k to level 20 :/
    And how do I change my screen name? I never picked uh neoro :/
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    U know if u go to that Dreamweaver port big orange circle thing on the oat those mobs give oblivion soup which if u get 4 of them its 20k right there
    and almost everytime u kill u get 1 or 2 BOOOBS FTW

Yeah grinding for me other then tt mats and merchaning is my reliable money making without involving an squad or an alt. :) love my blademaster for this. :) More dq points / cash :Db:chuckle. Might stop buying tokkens and start using mp pots again in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
  • XXBleachXx - Sanctuary
    XXBleachXx - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Would Take Forever b:shockedb:cryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Amplified's Bleach
    Main : xXBleachXx Level 92
    Alt: BarbsRawr ( Active ) Level 68
    Alt2: Sin Daggers ( Inactive )Level 67

Aim For Greatness, And Make Them Remember Your Name
    Or Tattoo It On Their Face. b:victory
  • RayquazaZ - Archosaur
    RayquazaZ - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    good guide =)
  • venat1988
    venat1988 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well good for noobs b:chuckle
  • furrybeast
    furrybeast Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This helped so much, oh btw im installing the game right now :]
  • dustmagnet
    dustmagnet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Very helpful guide. I have a question, though. I noticed it's more than 3 years old. Since games tend to evolve over time is there any part of the guide that has changed since it was posted?
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dustmagnet wrote: »
    Very helpful guide. I have a question, though. I noticed it's more than 3 years old. Since games tend to evolve over time is there any part of the guide that has changed since it was posted?

No, not really, other than the fact that there are more ways to get exp, but that's not what this guide's about.
  • Atoeda - Archosaur
    Atoeda - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im think making money is very boring job. I think if u wont make more money do not make quests, just fight monsters...

Good luck! :D
  • Shage - Dreamweaver
    Shage - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    thxs for the help man
  • JustDanni - Raging Tide
    JustDanni - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:laugh Thanks for this. Very helpful x
  • Isisss - Dreamweaver
    Isisss - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This guide is very helpful. I started picking up every mat I crossed hoping that they would sell well enough later. Glad to see that they do.

Thank you!