SOLDIER now recruiting - all mature players welcome!

Options
Miriel - Heavens Tear
Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Guild Banter
NEWS: SOLDIER forums are now live! Check out http://forums.SOLDIERalliance.org
NEWS: SOLDIER has VoiceCom! :)
NEWS: SOLDIER is now a rank 2 faction!

Hey all!

A friend and I started up SOLDIER, and we're looking for fun and friendly players to fill the ranks a little. If you're still looking for a nice play to stay, see below to see if you would fit in.

- You're 20 or older
- You're on the Heaven's Tear PWI server
- You're a fun and friendly player who enjoys playing and chatting with other people
- You don't mind helping your mates out here and there, even if they're lower levels than you
- You're hoping to hit at least level 59

It's not a must to be super chatty, but people who speak up sometimes are appreciated. All classes are welcome, although we'd love to see Barbs a little more than Venos. We prefer people level 15 and up. Your English need not be perfect, but if you type out your sentences and punctuate we'll love you all the more.

~~~~

Goals

SOLDIER aims to be, first and foremost, a fun hangout for those of us who want to be in a crowd of mature players. While we're starting from scratch, we're hoping to grow rapidly enough to become a serious, well-known, and respected guild in the world of PW:I. In an ideal situation, our members will all contribute towards the notion that SOLDIER folk are friendly, helpful, and fun to team up with.

Furthermore, SOLDIER hopes to join into Territory Wars some day. At this moment in time we're small and short on funds, but as we grow we hope to get competitive in a way that our members are comfortable with. If that means our members are keen to form up on, say, a weekly basis, we'll organise it to the best of our ability.

SOLDIER is a guild of moderate ambition. While we strive to become known as friendly and helpful people, and while we hope to be able to consider serious TW competition, we want to be a flexible guild as well. Players are encouraged to log on frequently and to work on advancing in the game, preferrably in teams. We are not a guild that requires you to level xx levels per day or week (we understand that people have lives), but we do encourage working on getting ahead.

~~~~

Rules

Every guild needs them, so below are the bare basics that go for being in SOLDIER. It should go without saying, but following the ToS / EULA is an absolute must. SOLDIER reserves the right to remove players who cannot abide by the rules at any time.

1. Be friendly. We understand that you may not get on so well with every single player in the guild or outside it, but we do expect our members to settle their differences in a civilized manner. Disagreeing about something is fine, but throwing insults at people who disagree is not. Being friendly includes, but is not limited to helping people with their quests, their FBs, their boss fights and answering their questions. Regardless of how silly the request, you're expected to remain polite and help them if you have the means to do so. We encourage sharing stuff you don't necessarily need. If someone's short on funds, a helpful hand or two might fix this.

2. No begging. We're a friendly lot, we don't mind giving some stuff away to people who have a hard time getting their hands on, say, a quest item. This does not mean you get to take advantage of us. If you need something, ask around. Most of us will be willing to give stuff for free, but some of the items you need may be worth a deal on the street. While most of us won't cry about parting with some of these things, the politest thing to do is always offering some compensation if you are able to. This can be a monetary compensation or a trade. Chances are we'll turn down the offer and give you the item for free anyway, but the point is... you offered. :)

3. Squads are set to RANDOM. Why? Because SOLDIER wants to have a universal Squad policy. We share our gold evenly, and we won't throw a tantrum if someone else got lucky and got the Hay. In the end it evens out. You'll get your Hay eventually. The point of random is that it adds a kind of fairness. Everybody gets something, not just the soul closest to the drops. This way, the Cleric who kept you alive but dealt no damage will get a fair share too. This will avoid arguments, "loot racing" and "loot snatching". And hey, if we get something you needed, we might just give it to you anyway.

4. No random duelling or PK-ing. You're entirely free to duel with your friends, but we frown on people who send out random duel-requests to whoever is near them. Some people will do this because they think their opponent will be an easy kill. SOLDIER people will consider this behaviour to be uncool, and are above showing off the size of the e-peen. If SOLDIER members want to test their skill, they test it against people who stand a reasonable chance. SOLDIER is about good sportsmanship. Take on those of your own size, and be courteous regardless of whether you win or lose.

5. Try to be literate. We're not your English teacher, we won't hate you for your typos, but as mentioned previously, we really prefer normal English over leet speak. We understand that it may not be your first language, so we won't set academic standards. However, we do prefer it if you type out your words and sentences. Abbreviations like "brb", "afk", "afaik" and "omw" are absolutely allowed, but bear in mind that we want to spend our time playing the game, not trying to figure out what it was you were trying to say. ;)

6. Moderate your swearing. We all have our moments where we want to scream at stuff. That's fine. It happens. However, what we don't want to be is a "dockworker's community". We're SOLDIER, not sailors, and so for the sake of keeping a pleasant atmosphere as our standard, we'll limit our bad words to an absolute minimum.

~~~~

That's all for now. We're a friendly, flexible bunch- most of all, we're human. A misstep is easily made, but we're not unforgiving.

If you're interested, you can always drop a line in this thread or PM me. For more info, be sure to check out our forum! Below are a few things that would really help for your application.

Name: Your in-game name, and a nickname if you have one / prefer one.
Location: The general area you live in, for contact purposes in-game.
Class and level:
Contact details: In-game name, forum details and/or email we can use to reach you.
Why SOLDIER?: This one is entirely optional, but it's always good to know why people apply here and not somewhere else. :)

The following characters are currently on the officers list:

Europe:
Miriel / Finduilas / Lazard
Elstra
Treux

US:
Ascension
Carpathia
Gyonax
Solance

Hope to see you there! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
Post edited by Miriel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow a faction that prefers punctuated English. Change your faction name to grammar police and you can count me in!

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Grammar Police didn't fit. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jalena - Heavens Tear
    Jalena - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yep! I'm interested. Bout time I joined a guild. Er... faction. Whatever.

I promise I can spell AND punctuate and as an added free bonus I can also use capital letters! Woo! Go me!
  • zane32
    zane32 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah yeah. Me too. I tried to do it in game, but you were not on at that time. But yeah, I just downloaded PWI, decided to move over from PW Malaysia 'cuz a bunch of my pals moved over. So yeah...If you will have me. XZane (in game name so you can add me to the guild) My time zone is Central, but i'm usually on around midnight.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Alright, I'll keep an eye out for the two of you. If I'm not online as Finduilas, try Lazard, the Director of the guild, or my friend Cosmos. As a last resort, try Miriel.

Tried to add you two just now, but Jalena wasn't online, and according to my client, Zane32388 doesn't exist... I'll try at random intervals during the day, I'll be online for most of it. (Days off ftw!)

Also... don't shock me! Capitals too? I nearly had a heart attack. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zane32
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sorry sorry! I had that on the Malaysian version, and I was creating my character as I typed, and it seemed like the obvious choice, but apparently "Zane32388" is not allowed on PWI (but it was allowed in the other version, oh well) So I changed it to "XZane". I've been trying to message someone on that list you made, but no luck. Maybe I should go to sleep earlier and play at a more decent time. XD
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    No problem, we got it all sorted now. Welcome! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonne33
    jonne33 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey guys! A mature guild is exactly what I'm looking for too! I just started playing but I already know I love this game so it would be great to join a guild, since I love playing while chatting in guild chat!
    I hope you can invite me one of these days, my nick is Incanus. See you ingame hopefully!
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Zane has offered to help out with invites for now. If you can't reach me or Cosmos, try contacting XZane. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jager - Heavens Tear
    Jager - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The guild name is what caught my attention, but I'm wondering whether or not this guild is planning on participating in TW? Also, how competitive will it be?
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We're really small right now, but definitely open to TW. As the crowd gets bigger, we can get competitive more realistically and I know that some of us who are here already would like to see the competitive side of things.

As I said, though, we're still small, so it will take some expansion before we can join the bigshots. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jager - Heavens Tear
    Jager - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Alright, I'll think about it. Still looking for a guild that I'll be able to stay with for a while. :]
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've updated the first post to clarify the SOLDIER rules and ambitions. Nothing I've not mentioned to people before, but handy to have it all in one place.

Jager, you're always welcome to give us a test ride. We're a small group for now, but thus far all of us meet the fun and friendly requirement just fine, and even if you might be looking for something bigger and more competitive later, you get the opportunity to make friends during your stay. And who knows, we might be just right for you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Carpathia - Heavens Tear
    Carpathia - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ...of a guild that I could really dig. I heard about you guys in the mature player thread.

If you will accept me, I would like to join your Guild. I'll try to whisper XZane tonight just before I head into Fuben-19 and maybe I'll get lucky. I know guilds are meant to grow to competitive sizes but I kind of like that you guys are small right now and that I'll be able to contribute a little more visibly and be part of the growth.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I just logged off myself, but as far as I know, Zane's still on so he can set you up with an invite.

You're more than welcome to join us, so I hope to see you in-game soon. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orora - Heavens Tear
    Orora - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Welcome to SOLDIER, Carpathia!

Just thought I'd say "Hi" and let you know I'm the other EU person you can get in-touch with - Cosmos. If you can't get ahold of Miriel on her provided nicknames above, feel free to message me instead if you wish to join/have any questions. You can get intouch via Orora, Cosmos or Aliyana, chances are I'll be on one of those. ;)
  • Elstra - Lost City
    Elstra - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi, I've been looking for a mature guild to join also. I really like all the rules and advice you put forward in the initial posts. I believe it will make for a fun and respectful guild. Are any of the members so far in the UK?
    Also , do you plan to create a faction on lost city? I may have to start a new character on heavens tear.

Thanks
  • Tigertease - Heavens Tear
    Tigertease - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm all up for this. I want to join.
  • Elstra - Heavens Tear
    Elstra - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So I decided to move over to Heavens Tear, I was only level 16. I am sure I can make that up pretty fast on this server. I'll be playing tonight, i'll send a message to one of you and ask about an invite if they are still up for grabs :)
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We don't have a faction over on Lost City as of yet, so far we've just been exploring a little and getting to know the game. Most of our members are only just getting their characters sorted out, so it will take a little while for us all to figure out what we like best, and what else we would like to try.

If you're starting up a fresh character on Heaven's Tear to join us, I don't mind helping it get ahead past its baby levels, and neither will the others. :)

Yes, we have someone in the UK, and another one intending to join us shortly.

I'm having some issues with my client, so I can't oversee invites myself right now, but Cosmos / Orora should be there and able to help you out. I'll be back later tonight so hopefully by then everything will be in working order again. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elstra - Heavens Tear
    Elstra - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Great, thanks miriel - see you in game tonight hopefully.
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If there is a particular character that you want to have invited, be sure to apply with the right character name in your post- not everyone joins on the character of their forum names. XZane and Cosmos will be keeping an eye out for applicants- the former is online right now, so you can contact him too. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Welcome to SOLDIER, Carpathia!

Just thought I'd say "Hi" and let you know I'm the other EU person you can get in-touch with - Cosmos. If you can't get ahold of Miriel on her provided nicknames above, feel free to message me instead if you wish to join/have any questions. You can get intouch via Orora, Cosmos or Aliyana, chances are I'll be on one of those. ;)

Hey, I met you last night as Cosmos and then Aliyana. Thanks for warm welcome. Actually, I didn't think to ask in-game but is the Guild name a reference to something specific... maybe an homage to FFVII?:o
  • zane32
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah, it's from Final Fantasy VII (7) SOLDIER. ^_^
  • zane32
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For some odd reason I can't post more than a line. So here is a short version: I live in CENTRAL time zone. Usually on around from Midnight-3PM (my time)
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Still at war with my client.

Yes, SOLDIER is a fandom reference to FFVII in all its many incarnations. In fact, those of you who are familiar with the latest game in the compilation (i.e. Crisis Core) will appreciate the character name of SOLDIER's Director. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Alright, my client's up and running again. :)

Got a few more invites sorted, have a few still pending. See below for reasons:

Jalena - not been able to catch you online yet
    Tigertease - "player does not exist", so can you let me know what character name I should invite?
    Ascension - not been able to catch you online yet

I'll keep trying, and so will the others of course. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Options
    That means I've joined an evil guild pretending to be good guild. I think I better check the guild role call and see if their is another guild called Avalanche...
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Aww, don't do that... we'd have to hunt you down, because we'd think you're a terrorist! xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solance - Heavens Tear
    Solance - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just giving this thread a bump:).... Joined the guild the other day. I love it. Awesome people. One of the best ingame decisions I've made, lol. Nice to see we're growing too. :D