For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• Od - Lost City
    Od - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    6-12? 12-27? you must be downloading the MY version patches, this is only an version 8...
  • kymera
    kymera Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Where Is Manual Patch 5-8????
  • akuma4
    akuma4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I can't download from filefront. Can someone tell me where else to download the updates? -_-"
  • heirofglee
    heirofglee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kuukai wrote: »
    -_-

CHECk this out -__________________-
    http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/656/wtf1zf9.jpg

I have this same problem
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
  • luhoran
    luhoran Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    6-12? 12-27? you must be downloading the MY version patches, this is only an version 8...

Oh, I guess that would be why. -_-

Sorry, I'm getting different information from 3 different sources. This forum, my friend who got me in to the game, and the google search! :P
  • ryuuzaki
    edited September 2008
    Options
    luhoran wrote: »
    Oh, I guess that would be why. -_-

Sorry, I'm getting different information from 3 different sources. This forum, my friend who got me in to the game, and the google search! :P

Heh, well... any patches for this version of Perfect World will be available through this website, first and foremost. Official patches will be posted on the download page as soon as they are available.

I sometimes throw together an unofficial patch, and post links on this forum. So yeah, don't trust any other sites out there. There's patches available for different versions, and we wouldn't want your game files to get screwed up by using the wrong ones. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akuma4
    akuma4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I can't auto updates and the manual patch from download page doesn't work. So I after the sever have new patch can't play PWI -_-"
  • defiled
    defiled Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    keeps saying that it cannot connect to server but my freinds down the street playing it atm we did both the same things
  • nanaly
    nanaly Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kinetikop wrote: »
    This is what Darth is telling you to do:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/Return03/?action=view&current=ManualPatch.jpg

Click that, find the manual patch you downloaded and open it, then restart the launcher when its done patching and play the game.

Believe me, as above said, I did it a couple of times and it still doesn't work. I downloaded the patch 1-7 tho and opened it manually. But before anything happens, I first get "Reading the new patch...", seconds later I get "Update server connection fails". I've been both with the ec_patch_1-7.cup and ec_patch_1-5.cup. I'm totally stucked and I'm about to give in >.<
  • knightingalemason
    knightingalemason Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't even HAVE an update.txt file anywhere in the directory. :rolleyes:
    And I can't update.
    It sometimes loops on the tasks.data file and at other times it freezes around 50% for that particular file.
  • knightingalemason
    knightingalemason Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    How do we use the IP addresses? I see nothing on what we do with this.
  • Od - Lost City
    Od - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    nanaly wrote: »
    Believe me, as above said, I did it a couple of times and it still doesn't work. I downloaded the patch 1-7 tho and opened it manually. But before anything happens, I first get "Reading the new patch...", seconds later I get "Update server connection fails". I've been both with the ec_patch_1-7.cup and ec_patch_1-5.cup. I'm totally stucked and I'm about to give in >.<

Try downloading this, and just using it to overwrite the files in your /Perfect World International/ folder, It is 100% safe and 100% clean, I promise this. And its updated to version 8.
    kinetikop wrote: »
    I'll be done uploading my /Perfect World International/ folder updated to version 8 in just a couple hours, then i will post links here.

Here are the links:

Part 1 600MB

Part 2 600MB

Part 3 600MB

Part 4 428.83MB
  • ryuuzaki
    edited September 2008
    Options
    nanaly wrote: »

Check your firewall and antivirus settings and see if Perfect World is on the exceptions list/a trusted application. If it's not - add it to the list. If it is - remove it and re-add it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonyx
    demonyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK have read through this threa and the one on PWI forums

I have vista 32bit, unblock port and allowed exception for perfect world and all exe files in the folders
    but still cannot update, constantly trying to download badwords.txt, in setting will not show cpu, OS gfx card etc...

I have even downloaded the manual patches and again it says cannot connect to download server

is this even gameclient remotely vista friendly?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Latest manual patches are available here:

http://perfectworld.com/download/client

:D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • armyisdonkey
    armyisdonkey Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have no ideas what happen to server, i just keep getting disconected like every 2-3 min.:confused::(
    i reinstalled the game and updated it automatically but still got disconnected. it happen for like 3 day already, at first i thought that it will be fix within those three day but it seem that nobody do anything about this problem. Now this problem had really pist me off and I am very mad about it.

I hope that GM , The Moderator, or someone who know anything about it give me a soultion to this issue.
  • dryella
    dryella Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    when attempting to patch it always stops at a file called badwords.txt
    i have disabled firewall and tried every patch posted
    `confused`
  • armyisdonkey
    armyisdonkey Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    this disconnection problem start right after the update for patch #8 and i think this have something to do with the in game disconnection problem. i dont think that i am the only one here that have this problem and asume that everybody else is pretty much the same problem.
    i hope someone that know would give me an answer or soultion to it.
  • rosenrot
    rosenrot Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm trying to download the 5-7 and 7-8 manual patches, but they both freeze around 2%. Could someone put them up on FileFront or something?

**After many failed attempts I was able to download them
  • demonyx
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Given that it's a newish game the GMs should be on here helping out and calming ppl, very poor community relations already doesn't bode well for the future of this game
  • bonebreaker
    bonebreaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dryella wrote: »
    when attempting to patch it always stops at a file called badwords.txt
    i have disabled firewall and tried every patch posted
    `confused`
    i have the same problem, tried the torrent version and direct download version. none of them works :(
  • gunnerbr
    gunnerbr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have vista x64, unblock port and allowed exception for perfect world and all exe files in the folders
    but still cannot update, constantly trying to download "badwords.txt", in setting will not show cpu, OS gfx card etc...
    I have even downloaded the manual patches and again it says cannot connect to download server
    :confused:
  • psychic
    psychic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hey everyone im new to the game im also having the same problem when i try to log in they tell me erroe connecting to server or unable to connect anyways the i have the patch problem and i wanna play the game can anyone help??????????and i also sent all the files needed like update.log and dxdiag wat should i do or is this not a problem for logging in??????
  • psychic
    psychic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hey everyone im new to the game im also having the same problem when i try to log in they tell me erroe connecting to server or unable to connect anyways the i have the patch problem and i wanna play the game can anyone help??????????and i also sent all the files needed like update.log and dxdiag wat should i do or is this not a problem for logging in??????
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    psychic wrote: »

don't double post man =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonyx
    edited September 2008
    Options
    gunnerbr wrote: »
    I have vista x64, unblock port and allowed exception for perfect world and all exe files in the folders
    but still cannot update, constantly trying to download "badwords.txt", in setting will not show cpu, OS gfx card etc...
    :confused:

I have exact same problem with Vista 32, like I said earlier the worrying thing is that no GM's appear to have responded to this thread in a long time, which is extremely bad news for a new game that is trying to attract a playerbase

*update*

Have just run the updater through my old laptop on windows xp sp2 and it works perfectly, looks like it simply refuses to respond to vista

If these are known problems it would be better for the GM's to actually say something rather than say nothing a kill the playerbase before it gets off the ground
    needless to say I will not be playing this until they have ironed out vista issues as I simply cannot be bothered to have a dual booting system again and my laptop 1 step away from the graveyard so not using that to play on
  • phixit
    phixit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don`t get it???

Just installed game and updated through patch server but says can`t connect when I try to log on. Even verified files and tried a re-install but still no joy.

Did exactly the same on the family computer and had no problems so it`s not an ip or router problem and both computers connect to router in same way.
    Difference between computers is mine uses sata and a dual core, other differences are negligable.
  • selest
    selest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm totally new at this and I really need some help. My OS is Vista and I have completely installed all of PW, but when I open up the "patcher" It asks me if I would like to update. I click yes and it will start to update and then proceed to tell me "File download appear error." and I can click retry or not to update. and everytime I retry it will just keep doing the same thing. Please help me.
  • bonebreaker
    bonebreaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    it seems that perfect world just doesn't work with vista. and this is a gigantic flaw, they should fix it as fast as possible. but we'll see
This discussion has been closed.