Client Download & related FAQs

Options

Comments

• shinizenmaru
    shinizenmaru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah im kinda having this problem but with data pack 2 can someone put up a link for it pl0x?
  • cloudydays
    cloudydays Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    bumpy, still waiting for answer
  • shouper
    shouper Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    game version 28 update is giving me a headache...cant update, tried at least 20 some odd times....
  • hawkcrow
    hawkcrow Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    When i go onto the install setup . i agree. check the files and that . then it comes up with

"Failed to create folder C..\program files\perfect world entertainment\
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Hawk, do you have permission to alter the Program Files directory?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• hawkcrow
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i Have no idea. i sorted that problem out now mate. Something else is wrong now. the reason it was not working now was because my account was not an administrator, so i just downloaded it again on one that is.

Now i have a new problem . When i am installing the game like. after you go onto downloads and click install comes up , the screen with the like,. accept or decline . then it installs, duringg the installment it comes up with data pack 2 is destroyed or something. or it says failed to do something with the zip file

Any help??
  • hawkcrow
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It only comes up with data pack 2 is disrupted. do i have to create a torrent client. if so how do i do it?

thanks
  • hawkcrow
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It keeps coming up with data pack 2 is disrupt.. what do i do?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Where in the world are you?

Who is your ISP?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • edparker
    edparker Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I downloaded the file. i extracted it. I click on the install.exe but nothing happens( at all)
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Send a ticket to Tech Support:http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing and we'll try to help narrow your issues.

Please include all information regarding your issue, and describe them the best that you can.

Thanks.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If you're using Windows Vista, right-click the install.exe file, and click Run As Administrator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edparker
    edited November 2008
    Options
    No I am using XP. and i am a computer literate person. I did submit a ticket too
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Options
    They should contact you through your account's registered e-mail address fairly soon; if you're using Hotmail, AOL, or Comcast, please be sure to check your spam folder.

Apologies for assuming relative inexperience with computers, but it's easiest to start from that level and move upwards without more detailed information. Are you running any other program that reads as an installation wizard of any type, or on a user account without permissio to install?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawkcrow
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ermm i duno if your talking to me but if you are england lol
    And sirry i dont know what an ISP or wateva is :)
  • hawkcrow
    edited November 2008
    Options
    When i try upload it , it keeps coming up with datapack2 is broken :(

Any advice?
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Try one of the different download links here: http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client

You can use http://www.utorrent.com to download the Bittorrent link.

See if that will work for you.
  • edparker
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I tried both downloads direct and torrent. I have a XP Admin account. using firefox 3. updated flash player. no other program reads as an install wizard.
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Options
    @edparker

We got your email, please do not spam or post in the forums if you have already sent a ticket. this can make things confusing, or get your email or post lost in our own SPAM filters.

We can understand your eagerness to play the game, but please let us reply to you addressing your issues and asking you questions to help you.
  • dp080
    dp080 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    hi iv downloaded the game client an when i click on the perfect world file that has been added to the downloads in program files , an a little black box comes up and it says the program is to busy or sumthing like that??????? an after that it closes an nothing happens!!!
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Options
    @dp080

We read your post. DO NOT SPAM the forums.

Please see the other thread where you posted.

We do try to help most people as soon as we can, but it does not happen instantly.

the world does not rotate around you b:pleased

Thanks. b:victory
  • kennyt
    kennyt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    my buddy showed me the game so i decided to try it, i followed the directions to download everything my game client is up to date but when i click play i get some kind of error in some weird code, language, or some sort of symbols what should i do?b:cry
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If you're running Windows XP, please install East Asian language support. If that does not resolve the issue, please upgrade your display drivers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nukimia
    nukimia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I ran into a problem with the download client that I was wondering if the download sever stops at some point. I was downloading this at 1mb/sec.
    http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18138732fv1.png
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    From where did you do the download? The website here? Try one of the mirrorsite gamershell seems to work quite well.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_31056.shtml
  • jinouchi
    jinouchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i'm kinda new to the whole online gaming thing but this looks like something fun so i download it.

it takes like 6 hours to download but i'm thinkin it should be worth it

the download ends and it opens a folder(not a zip) called downloads with an icon of a blank internet browser window with a little refresh symbol in the corner of it
    the file is called perfect_world_international.exe
    i deleted the underscores, i try and open in and it says its not a valid win32 app

you seem to be the L mastermind of support and i'm really hoping you can help me

thanks xxx
  • mukari
    mukari Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It keeps on saying that my data1 is broken. How would I fix that?
  • mukari
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That's exactly what happened to me. Then I try to install and it says that the Data1 pack is broken.
    =[[
  • mukari
    edited November 2008
    Options
    jinouchi wrote: »
    i'm kinda new to the whole online gaming thing but this looks like something fun so i download it.

it takes like 6 hours to download but i'm thinkin it should be worth it

the download ends and it opens a folder(not a zip) called downloads with an icon of a blank internet browser window with a little refresh symbol in the corner of it
    the file is called perfect_world_international.exe
    i deleted the underscores, i try and open in and it says its not a valid win32 app

you seem to be the L mastermind of support and i'm really hoping you can help me

thanks xxx

-- Same here
  • marma11ama
    marma11ama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I have a sinking feeling running Perfect World on my particular computer is impossible, but here goes nothing: Whenever I try to run the Perfect World International exe, my computer comes up with a window stating that I don't have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Well, I've tried to make it so I have special permissions, but here's the catch: I "own" a school-issued laptop. (Well, I can own it if I pay a fee after graduation) Anyway, I don't know if there's any way I can get special Administrator permissions, but for now that special permissions box remains unchecked and "gray" (can't change it). Is there any way to bypass it?
This discussion has been closed.