OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Comments

• backlash
    backlash Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I found this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Backlash_v2/misc/quests.jpg

Thats the refinement quests. Notice only one of them has a unique name.
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, i have a patch problem it`s stops at Buff_str.txt i have readed around other post and some other players had the same prob.

well i hope you can help , Grtz me

PS. i realy a looking foorward 2 play the game ! =D
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    These are from the new PWI version. :D

The hair styles (in character creator) do not match the icons for them. It's like someone created new styles to replace old ones and never made new icons for them.

Also, I saw a tortoise above ground by Plume City. http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5961/20080819102258fi5.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fox
    fox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Problem with talking to Venomancer trainer, every time i go to talk to her and i scroll down it opens a window before i even click anything. the windows it brings up seem to be random but i have encountered both pet incubating and restoring windows and the skill window

Fox
  • ozzie63
    ozzie63 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's a bug in the Guild window. Special character (like dots and slashes) can't be used and no spaces can be used. So to type anything, it would have to be one long word without any spaces or puntuation.
  • kyjin
    kyjin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Minor issue- when in Character Creation menu, after the music ends it cycles, there is complete silence for at least five minutes before it starts up again.
  • aaa1
    aaa1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    For some reason after 2 min of playing the game the client starts using all of the available memory and cpu power. when I used alt tab, there was an error on the taskbar but it disappears as soon as I click on it.
    Also I think the graphics are lagging. What i mean is when I walk, the frame rate seems slow and the game does not look smooth. I played the MY version and never had a problem except some 2-3 sec lag.
    Thus I think the game client needs to be updated a little.
  • aaa1
    edited August 2008
    The game randomly keeps freezing and the screen goes blank every 5-6 sec.
    the ping on the server is 78 on both the open servers and the same thing happens in both.
    As I mentioned only few min back, I think this is due to the client more than the servers, but I am no expert, just comparing this version to the MY.
    Another thing for more info, the client takes aproxi. 500000k in memory as seen in the task manager while the PW MY client only takes about 250000K. I am using vista 32bit with intel 3100 graphics card, 3 gigs of ram and core 2 duo processor.
    So please fix this problem so I can play the game.
    thanks
  • llama
    llama Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    2008-08-1915-59-36.jpg

Simple bug, just noticeable for those of us who came from previous versions. Drops that have "stars" show up as boxes. IE Windows interprets it as an unknown font. I have full language pack installed so this shouldn't happen.
  • preka
    preka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    One more thing, will the name of the NPCs will remain this way ? i mean they are a lot of mu lu ho etc..
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so this is the most minor thing possible, but in the quest "Protect the Fields" there is a typo, says to kill 15 bluntclaw kittens, quest only calls for 10. Like i said, most minor thing possibe.
  • loughman
    loughman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have a new computer and games always play very well, but only when I turn Best Performance on, does it actually work well. I mean, it works okay, but the Best Performace makes the graphics look like shiat. There's gotta be something, you can do about that
  • loughman
    edited August 2008
    I have a quest to go to BlackSmith Yu in Plume City, but there's only a Blacksmith Yi
  • seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hi guys,

Sorry if anything has already been mentioned... I don't have the time (or patience) to search through all the posts.

two things:

If you look at the southeast of the map (actual map accessed through the M button.) Zoom in on Dreaming Stronghold and just to the east of it it says: South Barrier Mountain.

Through a quest and when actually there it says it's called South Pass Mountains. Could be quite confusing when searching for a quest.

2)
    In City of Plume, just underneath Highwind Bridge. There is a spawn that make the turtle spawn outside of the water (by quite a bit.) and it just sits there.

I noticed this bug in My-EN but of course they can't do anything about it.

Can you?
  • marg
    marg Posts: 1
    edited August 2008
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (haven't read all 19 pages :p) but when i leave town my pet doesn't come with me it stays in town and runs around. I have to press follow several times and run around a bit before my pet will follow me again. :eek: I have seen this happen to several other venomancers as well, so its not just me. I hope this will be fixed by OB as I plan to make a vanomancer my main. :D
  • rena
    rena Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    One think I notice, occasionally when I minized with alt + tab to check forums and such, PWI will go in a not responding mode. I have to end task and relog in. I first thought it was a issue with my computer but it happend to other times in the exact type of way. I think its caused when I have game minimized for to long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
    emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
  • momoke
    momoke Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Chest in the quest 'Light like a feather' will not open for most players.
    When other players jump, they look like as if there useing a **** to levitate, it doesn't look the same as you see your self jumping
    If you lay down in a mountain or something with a none-flat surface, the game will lag emencially and half your body will dissaper into the mountain.
  • loughman
    edited August 2008
    My face is lumpy and theres a bunp on the back of my neck. That CANT be right
  • aaa1
    edited August 2008
    Hey, just found a solution to my problems listed above.
    Just uninstall and reinstall the game, this solved everything
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    After playing the game and reaching level 10 there are some issues that need to be expressed.

There's a lot of players, and not enough mobs or resource gathering for materials. Finding Pig Iron is like digging for a needle in a haystack, it's too far and few in between plus your fighting with the other players to see who gets it first. Being since there's about 50 players in one area all fighting over the same thing it takes forever to get one item.

There's also a lot of KSing going around because of this or stealing someone's materials. With this many players, mobs are outnumbered greatly. Most of the time you're running around looking for a mob to kill since the rest are all taken. Now a little bit of searching and finding the right spot just takes time since the maps are freaking huge.

Can't cancel out a skill once it's being casted. I got blasted for accidentally KSing a person because I casted a split second after that person did. I tried to cancel or move my character, but unable to do so. Hitting ESC key doesn't work either.

Jumping is somewhat glitched. I was doing the Leap Quest where you have to jump to a place to get a treasure chest. A lot of people have noticed there's an invisible ledge there which gets you up there. I missed the ledge and glitched, by going through the bridge to the chest . It's weird and disorienting.

The good points in this game is the added character functions, i.e: report a hacker, friends, embrace, etc. I never seen those in an MMO game before and it's good to see something that in this game. Character customization has earned quite a few laughs with my crew, as you can make the ugliest **** in the game or the most hottest sexiest character. I applaud the people that made the quests, it fits the storyline and is fluid. Surprising that there's an Item Mall in CB, which is suspicious, don't know if it's active. That about covers it for now.

Will post more as I progress. I plan to make 2 more characters in different race to test.
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Random Crashing if I hold RMB too long to move camera....
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Here's a problem i encountered within the other versions. When i climb mountains and then slide down or actually try walking on it and sliding down, It makes me look like I'm in a falling state, but i am sliding down the mountain (looks like I'm gliding) When i get down, my player character suddenly appears back on the top of the mountain and slides down in the same position again. This keeps repeating and you can't move or jump out of it. After waiting for a while it finally stops and i get off the mountain as soon as possible to avoid the same problem. This situation happened to me about at least 27 times. Note: He never lands when it repeats.
  • bayport
    bayport Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Found a lil problem with the English in the game..just using the wrong word

when i go to buy arrows from a blacksmith i double click the arrows and it gives me an option of how many to buy

and where the lil box pops up it says

Drop Items: 1

that is where i edit how many i want to buy

i believe it shuld say if im correct....

Buy Items: 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • jiyuu
    jiyuu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't know if this is a bug but I see that after you type something and enter it.
    It stays for too long! Like for 1-2mins. It's annoying and it should probably stay for only 30 secs
    or something. I don't know if it's a bug but it should be fixed!
  • spikers
    spikers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    "Path to the Apothecary" Quest text says "Tu" instead of "Yi Yun". The arrow sends you in the right direction however. This is in the City of Plume.
  • hkid
    hkid Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ok i found out a bug w/ game i was curious and i clicked the button that says Best Performance on top of my HP n MP gauge and my screen went black 2 times and then my computer cursor came on. everytime i try to click so i could move or attack when best performance thing was on the game would keep minimizing and all i could is uses W,A,S,D to move and i couldnt attack.

@Jiyyu i think thats whats you call lag buddy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ChaosBlood
    IGN : Warwolf
    Class : WB
    Level : ?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello Everyone,

If you all have a bug with logging in to the website or forums, please continue to post here.

==> If you have in-game bugs to report on the Closed Beta, please read here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=20261

For other tech support issues, please Search and see if a thread already exists.

Thank You! :D
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    spikers wrote: »
    "Path to the Apothecary" Quest text says "Tu" instead of "Yi Yun". The arrow sends you in the right direction however. This is in the City of Plume.

That one's not actually a bug. The quest is set up so you can go to either of the Apothecarys in the City of Plume. It just points you to the one that's in south district.
  • nin1
    nin1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I had to restart the game after i got stuck in a croud of people by merchant , and had the quest log open. I had to use windows task manager in order to quit the game as it was completly frozen
  • alazar
    alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Its not really a problem but I don't like that the camera does not auto center at the back of your chracter like in most games. And it does not basically auto follow ether.
This discussion has been closed.