OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When you are flying the guage goes from almost empty to full . I am not complaing but it should be the other way around
  • jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok Ive been crafting rings and stuff since i was able to start but my lvl never gets and higher. I have been at lvl 1 100% for 3 days now and not able to go any higher
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    blueparrot wrote: »
    When I cast the starter damage spell as a cleric, the casting doesn't always work. Every now and then it stops midway through casting. I don't think this happens with other spells (I've tried werefox and her spells always go through).
    You're probably talking about skill interrupts. The enemy can interrupt your skills, causing your character to completely stop. Sometimes it happens several times during a fight.

I've found another small text error. During an Untamed quest, it tells me to go to both the elder in one place and to the correct NPC in another. Look at the picture to see what I mean. http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/5079/20080822040532cropia8.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misty
    misty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't know if I might of just read something wrong, but i thought if u had your pets loyalty up really high u were supposed to have a bonus to the pets exp or something. mine was in the mid to upper 900s, but instead of the 120% like i read it was supposed to be, my pet was at 80%. Like I said I may have read something wrong and may not fully understand about the loyalty stuff. If so I am sorry for this post but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a glitch.
  • foolrunning
    foolrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jades wrote: »
    ok Ive been crafting rings and stuff since i was able to start but my lvl never gets and higher. I have been at lvl 1 100% for 3 days now and not able to go any higher
    To upgrade your crafting you need to talk to the elder after you reach 100%. You also have to be a certain level to get lvl 2 crafting.
    EDIT: I think is lvl 20 to get lvl 2 crafting.
  • animel
    animel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok so i was doing this quest the one you get from blacksmith Chang in hidden heros village, the one about his son getting poisoned and you have to kill boondock rhinos near walled stronghold to get tears to heal his son. I dont know if this is just a personal problem on my part but the instructions are a bit too complicated "take the road heading south of etherblade lake and go east till you get to the crossroads there you'll find the boondock rhinos" now i don't mean to be picky but wouldn't it be easier to just say.....near walled stronghold? because they are litterally right outside WS....Just throwing it out there that some of the quests instructions are too indepth when it comes to where you have to go..take this road leading from here go in this direction then take this left or right and keep heading in this direction till you reach this spot.....it's a bit much dont you think?
  • kammie
    kammie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1. The name "Black Iron Mine" is used for the quest Black iron Mine, but is also used for getting high-carbon steel

2. Chat History doesn't work properly? when I open the Chat history then click on the names of my friends in the chat history window, nothin shows. However manually rightclicking the name in my friends list and choosing Chat History works.

3. There is a button next to the line where u type in chat. When u click it, u can select the chat mode (squad chat, whisper, etc) when u hover around the different modes, what I expect would a bubble to tell me what each does, however this is bugged and shows for all options "Chat Mode"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Guild has a bug when a user levels it isn't updated unless he/she relogs and the guild members relog to view the new level as well as the online/offline status.
    Two items named Elemental Dust
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Please post game related bugs and issues here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=20261

Please post forum related bugs in this thread, as the main post Sticky requests :D

Thank you!!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • animel
    animel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the elemental dust thing is common to be reported but you see one item is for dragon quest the other item is a material they cant make a single item that does both understand?
  • evilgeek
    evilgeek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Apologies if this has been reported before

Everytime I take a pet over Broken Bridge it will unsummon before I reach the other side, doesn't matter which pet I have out..
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    evilgeek wrote: »
    Everytime I take a pet over Broken Bridge it will unsummon before I reach the other side, doesn't matter which pet I have out..

Pets cannot cross water, even on a bridge.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • epiphanyboy
    epiphanyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    oops, just read rules dammit gotta edit that whole post out, sorry ^_^
    Enough............
  • voidlurker
    voidlurker Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've found for the bank quest when you choose to collect stuff, low level mobs rarely drop "Element Dust" yet it doesn't indicate that you have it when looking on your quest log. But I have found the problem i believe. Theres another drop that is called element dust which has in blue text needed for a dragon quest. So all i can think of is the low level stuff has the same name as the actual quest item, which makes it hard to distinguish from the real quest drop. It should be named or color coded in some way to avoid mixups.
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bangbang wrote: »
    Guild has a bug when a user levels it isn't updated unless he/she relogs and the guild members relog to view the new level as well as the online/offline status.
    Two items named Elemental Dust

That's an old issue from other versions too, about the level, you have to relog, about the status, just press the refresh button and u'll see who is online atm. And they didnt fix the announcements of the guild neither because you cant put spaces , you have to put it like this "HI_THIS_IS_THE_INFO"
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    djtav0 wrote: »
    That's an old issue from other versions too, about the level, you have to relog, about the status, just press the refresh button and u'll see who is online atm. And they didnt fix the announcements of the guild neither because you cant put spaces , you have to put it like this "HI_THIS_IS_THE_INFO"

Actually not even that works on guild slogan now. You cant use anything else than normal letters on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • blueparrot
    blueparrot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ragingwind wrote: »
    You're probably talking about skill interrupts. The enemy can interrupt your skills, causing your character to completely stop. Sometimes it happens several times during a fight.

I dunno, as I said, it never happened to my werefox as far as I know. And sometimes the casting stops midway even when them monster is still ages away from me and is running towards me.
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    blueparrot wrote: »
    I dunno, as I said, it never happened to my werefox as far as I know. And sometimes the casting stops midway even when them monster is still ages away from me and is running towards me.
    Well, that is weird. I guess you really do have a bug. I've never heard of that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danio
    danio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When will you turn on Plume City server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danio wrote: »
    When will you turn on Plume City server?

Probably not in the immediate future. Please read the first message in this thread : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19841
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not much. The only thing I think about is that lag you get when you jumped off of a cliff or a mountain. When you fall and come close to landing at the bottom of the cliff, lag happens, and it's as if you teleported to the top of the fall, and it repeats. It takes a while to get out of it too.
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Note: This is a bug I remembered from PW-MY. I haven't checked to see if it is still like this in PWI.

There are some places where the physical limits of an object don't line up with the visual limits of the object. For example, there is a large boulder on the snowy shore northeast of Etherblade that has this problem. When my character stands on it, his feet are some distance above the visual surface of the boulder. I can actually move the camera to see the bottoms of his feet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usagichan
    usagichan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I always had problems with typing text. Always clicking before typing is irritating. Or is there some trick I don't know?
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if you are talking about the default chat window then pressing enter will set the cursor to ready in whichever tab you currently have active. However if you mean the individual chat windows, those must be clicked into to begin typing as far as I know, tho there could be a shortcut key for them which I am presently unaware. If you mean something else entirely then my apologies for the confusion =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueparrot
    blueparrot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    usagichan wrote: »
    I always had problems with typing text. Always clicking before typing is irritating. Or is there some trick I don't know?

Yup - hit enter and you'll go straight to the chat box.
  • shadowdragon20
    shadowdragon20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I made it to level 19 then completed my Cultivation quest after iI went to the elder to see if i had my FB19 quest. At that moment it was there which is the one that says Xenobeast without clicking the quest i closed the box and when i did it said the quest was completed. i think u are supposed to get sumthing special for the quest but since it dissappeared i cant do it can someone please help me???:(:(
  • yamy
    yamy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    ^this is caused by lag
    How can it be caused by lag when u only press once, and it shoots twice, or even 3 times ?
    Yami - Cleric
    Testament - Barbarian
  • wayfarer
    wayfarer Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is just something I've recently noticed. Lately as I've gone by some lakes and other bodies of water I've found that the reflections are kinda glitchy and make it the surface seem like it's cracking. It's not a huge issue or anything and hasn't really caused any real harm..but all the same it is a problem.

To a lesser extent I've found that a few monsters in the water tend to get "stuck" in the ground when you fight them. This is the first time that I've seen it but it should be checked out.

As a final note I want to know why my game would just randomly stop working and log out ...I'm wondering if this a software problem or if it's something else?
  • bill
    bill Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I figured out that if i hold down the meditate button it gets me into a glitch that doesn't allow me to get out of meditation, the only solution was reloging.
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Daisy and dandelion quest is buged. the aerocrate dealer li that is suppose to complete the quest didnt want to accept the first part he is suppose to accept for 15 mins this should be fixed the second part is working fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.