OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not sure if its already been mentioned, but venomancer pets in the swamp area is extrmely annoying. Some of the pools are deep enough to make your land pet unsummon, but not deep enough to use a water pet. Please increase the depth of water land pets can operate in. The only option is to use an air pet, which brings me to the next problem...

Air pets on ground targets. If there is a slope on the ground, the air pet will often get caught on the ground and not able to close on the ground target, which is very annoying when you are fighting archer type mobs, because they keep on running back, and your pet will get stuck on a small slope. The onlyt way around this is to unsummon and attack again (which gives you agro for a while), or set the pet to passive, back to agressive and then tell it to attack.

Also when you switch from passive to agressive that will clear the current pets target. Going from agressive to passive should do this, but not from passive to agressive. If (as above) you want to call your pet back you have to do passive-agressive-attack since passive-attack-agressive will clear its target and you need to do another attack command.

Other bugs:

When running down a steep wall, you keep "teleporting" back up the wall. Eventually you will get to the bottom, but it may take a considerable amount of time.

Not sure if this is design, but very often the venomancer damage over time spell fire based doesnt last its full duration on boss mobs. Seems to work fine on normal mobs. Maybe its a spell stacking issue with other players also casting damage over time spells?
  • xillian
    xillian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When it says that, you must take the item to the local elder and you'll find an option to verify the item.

RELOG Solves it....dont think an elder will help...
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wabbitt wrote: »
    Not sure if its already been mentioned, but venomancer pets in the swamp area is extrmely annoying. Some of the pools are deep enough to make your land pet unsummon, but not deep enough to use a water pet. Please increase the depth of water land pets can operate in. The only option is to use an air pet, which brings me to the next problem...

Air pets on ground targets. If there is a slope on the ground, the air pet will often get caught on the ground and not able to close on the ground target, which is very annoying when you are fighting archer type mobs, because they keep on running back, and your pet will get stuck on a small slope. The only way around this is to unsummon and attack again (which gives you agro for a while), or set the pet to passive, back to agressive and then tell it to attack.
    I had this movement problem with the flying pets described in one of my posts in this topic. As for the Swamp area, I agree that I hated fighting there.

In fact, the problem is this: When the Venomancer (not the pet!) enters water, ground AND air pets unsummon, because they can't follow her. However, in swamps, even by entering a knee-high pool of water, your pet may randomly unsummon and have all mobs running at you. This is ridiculous. This unsummoning should occur when character starts swimming animation.
    wabbitt wrote: »
    When running down a steep wall, you keep "teleporting" back up the wall. Eventually you will get to the bottom, but it may take a considerable amount of time.
    I had pointed this one too. I guess the same things annoy us xD
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Someone has probably noticed this already, but its reasonably obscure. The game crashes when you attempt to move/rename/delete a picture you are using for reference during character creation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • erado
    erado Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    most problems ive seen are named above, but one more comes to mind

I noticed something about an EP skill, plume barrier in My EN version. its supposed to absorb damage into MP. it doesnt say however that it only aborbs physical damage, and NOT magical damage.
    thats just a matter of skill description i guess, so it might or might not have been fixed already.

Any other problems i encountered are mainly lag problems... Mobs healing themselves on your first hit (mostly in air), attacking or healing your old target instead of current one, etc. etc.
  • birdie
    birdie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When using the petite wasp while on the ground. I know it is an "air" animal but while on the ground the wasp would get stuck. While walking the wasp would become stuck. i would have to put the wasp up and bring back out to unstick.
    Half of the wasp body would dissappear, if attacking on ground, underground. This would not cause any problems.
    Hope this helps you. Really feel that the wasp should be higher up.
    Thanks

Sorry see that this was mentioned. Sorry for the repost here.
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    another reason to quitting MY version was the language of world chat... seems like some ppl didnt know that that was an english version and still used that weird asian language (not sure which one it was) making everyone that dont understand that annoyed.
    So a punishment for ppl using others languages than english at world chat will be fine.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ^ i think the GMs already stated that while forums are english only, you can freely speak your language ingame.
    please, accept that and don't start a discussion about it here.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blue
    blue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm not going to bother reading over twelve pages, but what really annoyed me was the broken Auction Hall. After Open beta for some time it worked just fine, or seemed to. I remember selling and buying soulstones and dq.

But after one of the patches, it bugged out and numerous items couldn't be put up for auction, still to this day. Most HH mats from 2-2 on up, all soulstones, all dq and a few other items can't be put up for sale (and consequently bought). It's not a game-breaking issue, but it's really annoying and something that should have been fixed ASAP instead of left to rot.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    erado wrote: »
    I noticed something about an EP skill, plume barrier in My EN version. its supposed to absorb damage into MP. it doesnt say however that it only aborbs physical damage, and NOT magical damage. thats just a matter of skill description i guess, so it might or might not have been fixed already.
    Yes, the descriptions on a lot of stuff in the game are either misleading or just leave very important details out. I hope the translations in this version include all of the stuff that was left out in other versions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    ^ i think the GMs already stated that while forums are english only, you can freely speak your language ingame.
    please, accept that and don't start a discussion about it here.

ok, but one thing is "ingame" and one different thing is "world chat".
    Don't tell me that world chat its ingame because thats not my point, world chat must have some rules that normal chat doesnt need.
  • polydeuces
    polydeuces Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    djtav0 wrote: »
    ok, but one thing is "ingame" and one different thing is "world chat".
    Don't tell me that world chat its ingame because thats not my point, world chat must have some rules that normal chat doesnt need.

World Chat is in game chat, so no, it should be under the same rules. If it's a Malaysian version I don't understand why you'd get upset about people speaking something other than English in it. Even this version, being the International version, will eventually have people speaking other languages. Just because it's all in English doesn't mean you can ONLY speak English.
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This has probably been mentioned already, but I'm gonna say it anyway out of frustration. There are times when combos for skills are worthless. When I play my warrior, I like to use combos because it eliminates the delays between skills and just makes everything easier. The combos fail, however, if the mob simply moves away from my char. The warrior just stands there even though he's supposed to be in the middle of a combo. Please make the combos smart enough to account for enemies moving away. It's rather frustrating. It's one of the reasons why I didn't make warrior my main character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulletproof
    mulletproof Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If these have already been mentioned, my bad. If you've already addressed these, fo shizzle.

Wonky jump physics.

Honestly, I'm not sure if 1/5th moon gravity is a bug or part of the games 'feel' because it's so poorly implemented. Once in the air, all character animation simply stops as they continue through their parabolic arc. Now I can understand if you're going for the Chinese kung-fu theater physics, but jump animation really needs some shoring up. I don't expect Unreal III realism, but something better than 8 bit Mario Brothers would be nice.

Footsteps.

This is really basic. I'm walking on grass... It sounds like a thick wood floor. I walk on stone... It sounds like a thick wood floor. I walk on... well, you get the idea. i guess this isn't a bug per say, but it screams amateur attempt... Right up there with the jumping, ironically. Expanding on the points, sound effects in general need a shot in the arm. Why does slashing with a sword sound like I'm hitting something with a wet nerf bat, for example? Rhetorical question.

Animation dropout at distance.

I'm not sure if this something implemented on purpose to help our hardware or what, but its really distracting. I have everything maxed out and anything at longer ranges suffers a huge hit in frame rate. It kills immersion for me watching a big flying bug flap 6 out of his 40 frames of animation while the one next to me renders without a problem.

Other general observations...
    The quest tracking tool seems hit or miss in implementation... Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of using it yet, but something really basic that should have been included from day one is a real time progress indicator of how you are doing on said quest... or simply put, text flashing above your character saying 4/6 beetles slain. So far, the only way I have been able to find that simple information is to dig through the quest tree menu. Hardly intuitive.

Since I'm not too high (only downloaded and played the Malay-Eng client to get a good feel for the game, not level to 100+), most of my observations are aesthetic in nature and I realize not everything that should be addressed will get addressed due to the nature of the port. You're not going to re-engineer the entire game, and understand that. If I'm just a noob with some of this stuff, I blame the loose gramar skills of the translators ;)

Either way, looking forward to beta.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Other general observations...
    The quest tracking tool seems hit or miss in implementation... Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of using it yet, but something really basic that should have been included from day one is a real time progress indicator of how you are doing on said quest... or simply put, text flashing above your character saying 4/6 beetles slain. So far, the only way I have been able to find that simple information is to dig through the quest tree menu.

You can display text lines showing how many monsters/items you have gathered so far for a quest, available from the quest list window.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ingame problems(in MYserver)

1)GM's special tratment for cash shop useer costumer(no ban also using ****)

2)jump **** in TW and HH and fb people can run HH 2/3 in 30 minuts using jump **** for skip all normal mobs and only kill boss getting load of molders and rare,in TW can jump on walls easy skipping all enemy towers and defence.(jump stat is client side i guess so easy to exploit with a memory editor)

3)offgamers(gold seller)official contract with MYstaff there is allowed to sell ingame gold for real money and also accounts economy ingame is dead inflation of 190% in 3 weeks because admin put ingame illegit gold for profict.

4)AI bug,its possible to kill some boss luring them close building and shooting with archer from long distance boss stuck close building whitout respawn back.

5)Belial soul bug,its possible to paralize him exploiting his autobuff with elf archer sharptooth arrow,ea keep moving untill he use autobuff after you stop moving and he get permanent stun(cant attack or move).

6)Territory war bidding,ii hate when new fake guild outbid a serious guild for avoid war.

7)werefox pet overpowered and able to bug land boss with bee(boss doesnt attack back because its fly pet)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    raven wrote: »
    ingame problems(in MYserver)

1)GM's special tratment for cash shop useer costumer(no ban also using ****)
    Fixed here.

2)jump **** in TW and HH and fb people can run HH 2/3 in 30 minuts using jump **** for skip all normal mobs and only kill boss getting load of molders and rare,in TW can jump on walls easy skipping all enemy towers and defence.(jump stat is client side i guess so easy to exploit with a memory editor)
    Banned if reported. Dunno about auto-detection.

3)offgamers(gold seller)official contract with MYstaff there is allowed to sell ingame gold for real money and also accounts economy ingame is dead inflation of 190% in 3 weeks because admin put ingame illegit gold for profict.
    Gold sellers banned. Only Zen(item-mall currency) source is from the copany itself.

4)AI bug,its possible to kill some boss luring them close building and shooting with archer from long distance boss stuck close building whitout respawn back.

5)Belial soul bug,its possible to paralize him exploiting his autobuff with elf archer sharptooth arrow,ea keep moving untill he use autobuff after you stop moving and he get permanent stun(cant attack or move).
    (Don't tell them! Shhh..... You know he's impossible to kill without it.)

6)Territory war bidding,ii hate when new fake guild outbid a serious guild for avoid war.
    Already confirmed - people will have action taken against them if they're caught fake-bidding.

7)werefox pet overpowered and able to bug land boss with bee(boss doesnt attack back because its fly pet)
    Yeah. Ripping-bite bug. No word on that yet.

Bold=me :cool:
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • call222
    call222 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i would love to help find problems in the game but,im trying to download the direct client but its still stuck at 0%,i try clicking pause & resume but its not making any progress.i need some help pls :(
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    make sure your firewall isn't blockign the downloader.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    call222 wrote: »
    i would love to help find problems in the game but,im trying to download the direct client but its still stuck at 0%,i try clicking pause & resume but its not making any progress.i need some help pls :(
    Dude, the client was just released several hours ago. Everyone is trying to download it at the same time. You'll have to wait a while before getting it. There is no rush, though, because the game does not start for another five days. You have until then to download. The stuff people have posted in this thread is all from versions of PW hosted in other countries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    guys dont spam on this topic please...there are other topic for download problems..and also if you download client now CANT play this game for a bit days...feedback is over other perfect world version MY-china-Japan-Russia-philippine
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Tbh I commend the company for managing to get it to work so smoothly. Mine downloaded quickly and without issue. Hopefully this is a sign they will avoid the typical patch issues that plague other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • bluejen
    bluejen Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i downloaded the client and install everything, nothing seems wrong but when i start up the game client it keeps telling me that "update server fails"
    i click start anyways but it never lets me log in either.
    please help, thank you:(
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You can't log in because the servers aren't open yet, they don't open until the ninteenth. Update server I'm not so sure about, although that may also be going live only at beta.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • bluejen
    bluejen Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok so i can't log in until the 19th, but why is there people in the same thread talking about monster bugs and other in game bugs?
    if they can't log in then why are they posting an in-game bug?
    i am :confused:
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Because they played another version of PW, and are repoting bugs for it in this topic, because they haven't checked GD to see that there's a topic specifically created for those bug reports. Technically, this thread is for forum-only bugs. You should make your own thread for a client problem. But I wont shoot you for that. ;P

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • blueparrot
    blueparrot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I played MY-EN for a while, and it was the storage space (or lack thereof) that became my biggest headache. I ran out of room after playing for just a couple of days. The quests for extra inventory slots took too long to complete, and I didn't want to pay cash for an expansion stone so early on in the game.

I hope we'll start off with more storage space here, or at least make extra room easier (and cheaper) to get ;)
  • dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I really hope there won't be any problems with updating patches like in MY-EN. I tried to play that version since the start of closed beta, but the game kept failing to update... I never had any problems with MMORPGs based in the US, so I hope I won't have any here.
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dai wrote: »
    I really hope there won't be any problems with updating patches like in MY-EN. I tried to play that version since the start of closed beta, but the game kept failing to update... I never had any problems with MMORPGs based in the US, so I hope I won't have any here.

dai as in daisuke(TK)?

Edit: NVM your not from the Netherlands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    djtav0 wrote: »
    another reason to quitting MY version was the language of world chat... seems like some ppl didnt know that that was an english version and still used that weird asian language (not sure which one it was) making everyone that dont understand that annoyed.
    So a punishment for ppl using others languages than english at world chat will be fine.

jebem ti maajku ti si glup jole ja bi tebe istuco

volijobi da ti nadjem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.