OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

orinj
orinj Posts: 460 admin
edited January 2009 in Support Desk
Everyone, please note that this thread is for reporting bugs. Technical problems (such as not being able to log in, or the game crashing, etc.) should be posted in their own threads or sent to tech support. - Surtr

hey there, folks.

if you've encountered any bugs with the forums or registration, or the game itself, please report them here.

thanks a bunch!

- orinj

p.s. don't post any personal data.
F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
Post edited by orinj on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I noticed that ocassianally i won't be able to login, being told my password/username is wrong, even though i am sure i entered it correctly. After multiple re-logging it lets me in o_O

Using firefox 3.0.1
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    I noticed that ocassianally i won't be able to login, being told my password/username is wrong, even though i am sure i entered it correctly. After multiple re-logging it lets me in o_O

Using firefox 3.0.1

In addition;

You cannot at the moment log in via the forum login form using your account name/password. It will tell you that your username and password are incorrect, or no account data matching what you entered... something like that.

There is no problem logging in via the website itself though (at least for me)...
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • blackigel
    blackigel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The Poll System on the Mainpage dosent work ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-www.gsy-network.de
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Weird, i can log in on forums and at mainsite,no probs at all.
    Also the online poll at mainpage is working fine.

Using newest Firefox as browser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • sahrai
    edited July 2008
    My partner is using FF3 also, and cannot login via the forums.
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • dinoman
    dinoman Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Can't login using Opera 9.5 Beta. =[ Forced to use Firefox
    :eek:
  • olks
    olks Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i am using firefox 3 and dont have any problems!
  • salt
    salt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Logging in from the forum index page should be fixed, and when logging in to the site the forum should remain logged in as well.

Aditionally, we haven't been able to duplicate problems with the poll system. Has anyone else had problems answering the poll?

Please let us know if there are more problems with the website! :D

-Salt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    i'm getting this message when logging in through the forum page:
    Your form session has expired, please try logging in again.
    after repeating the login it works =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    nevermind, was my fault u_u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    edited July 2008
    Did you guys break the forum login? :confused:

I can't log in via the forums again :(
  • orinj
    edited July 2008
    hi gang,

would you mind lending us a hand?

for those of ya'll that played PW in different territories -
    we'd like to know what type of in-game problems you've encountered while playing the game. again, it doesn't matter what version of PW you found 'em on as the internal game mechanics are largely the same. so if you've encountered a problem, we'd like to know.

in-game problems do not include broken english or rude customer-service staff and whatnot.

what this info will be used for -
    this information is going to help our customer-service DB as well as give us fuel to address existing issues when talking to the corporate office.

we just wanna make sure that you guys are receiving the highest level of customer service.

much thanks in advance.

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Broken BR english.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Do you mean bugs ingame of problem with customer service and such?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • orinj
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Do you mean bugs ingame of problem with customer service and such?

bugs within the game ^_^

i'll edit my post so it's a lil more clear.

thanks

- O
  • xapheret
    xapheret Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm not sure when this occurred but it involves the Territory War. There have been issues that result in bugged instances. I don't know the whole details however when there were TWs being done, some of the monsters disappear at times either glitch up into the sky or under the map. The easiest way to tell is if the platforms in the center of the two cities are invisible. When we finished, two monsters became permanently glitched underground and high in the air, it made it impossible to complete the TW.

This might not happen in this version (might have been server-side) but even so, it would be best to ensure that the TWs function correctly, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Personally, I didn't much like the PK system. 2 hours of red for every kill, and only a 1% chance to drop items on white names. I personally liked Rohan's system of 11 kills til red, but then you were red for 10 hours and it made playing near impossible.

p.s. "ya'll", southern states origin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    - there are some places you get stuck in, like between ruins or if you land in a narrow space between a building and a rock
    the character gets stuck in the "jumping"-animation, making it impossible to even cast the teleport skill, pressing jump + wasd long enough unstucks you
    - monsters attacking through walls
    - monsters going through walls (aggro ones, but you can lure non-aggro ones through walls too)
    - sometimes after a duel is finished, you will still not be able to buff your opponent in any way, only relog helps
    - sometimes the HP/MP will be reset to the value it was before the duel, sometimes not.

i'll add more if i remember anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Here are some I remember from Malaysian english servers : (at least what I consider to be bugs)

- Bugging Belial in HH : never saw it done, but I know people did it with the help of an archer.

- Bugging some bosses with a venomancer's flying pets : by flying over some bosses, they can be attacked with a pet without the boss being able to fight back agianst the pet. Only work with bosses with physical attacks and no magical/ranged attacks.

- The earth boss in FB59 : sometimes you will complete the FB tablet quest but the party members will not get XP, the mission will fail and the tablet will come back into the tablet holder's inventory . The same thing happened to me on two bosses in FB89 Hell (I don't recall which bosses tho)

- luring monsters through walls/doors : the most well known beign the boss in FB29.

- monsters attacking/walking through walls : no precise location come to mind.

- the monthly race that is not working : it worked in 2007, some people were able to enter in 2008 by using tickets won in 2007. But no monthly race tickets won in 2008 ever worked.

- the bug that allow a player to win the daily race even before the race is started. : I saw it happens 3 times. The race inscriptions starts and a few seconds after, the message announcing a winner appears, even if there is still 8 or 9 minutes left before the race's start.

_ The Venomancer's fury transfert skill : sometimes when I select a player I want to transfert fury to and launch the skill, the transfert don't happen. Not sure if it is a bug or if it is rather related to lag.

Not a bug, but rather an annoyance : the MP hiero that tick on at 75%. Quite annoying if you're a venomancer. At lower level it will always tick on when you go from fox form to humanoid form. (since at that time you are going to miss 30% of your maximum MP....)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • xapheret
    xapheret Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    - monsters attacking through walls
    - monsters going through walls (aggro ones, but you can lure them through walls too)

I'll add also this:

- monsters that kite in instances run up walls. Example: Visitation Ocelot Lord in FB59 kites and runs up a wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    -For a venomancer their ripping bite skill in PvP isn't reduced by 75% it stays the same
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunny
    bunny Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You know what really annoyed me?

I was a WF and like, whenever you would stop, the pet would go right inside of you. It was really annoying and it was hard to click on items dropped.

It would be awesome if the pet wouldn't have to be literally on top of you whenever you stop. Like it could at least be a few feet away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    In FB29, the tower to open the door can be range bugged. A long range character (archer/wf for sure) who stays at max range can kill the tower without it ever attacking back, aggro'ing or regaining hp. The same thing applies to the fb59 guards, specifically the skeleton that opens the door to the metal section. If you outrange it, you can just shoot it without it aggro'ing back or regenning.

As for the fury transfer skill.. there's a "last target" bug that causes your skill to hit the person you had previously selected rather than the target just clicked.

For instance, in your case Karmelia, let's say you were shooting the boss. If you click the tank and immediately use vigor switch, for some reason the skill targets you (as if you had vigor switched while targeting the boss) rather than your tank. You can get around this by simply waiting a second after clicking your new target before vigor switching, but as I think it's caused by lag, it shouldn't be much of a problem in this version.

The bug that allows the daily races to be won is a result of keeping the previous day's quest active in the list. I'm not going to go into specifics about how that's done for obvious reasons, but I've already pm'd Leode on MY's forums about it including specifics and he said he would contact PW-Beijing for a fix.

Also offtopic, but ChoChop Gluttony's (earth fb59 boss) bug can be avoided by putting the tablet in when he's < 30% hp. Not sure if you already knew and/or care now since this is a topic that asks for bugs to fix rather than searching for workarounds, but thought I'd post it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    edited July 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    Also offtopic, but ChoChop Gluttony's (earth fb59 boss) bug can be avoided by putting the tablet in when he's < 30% hp. Not sure if you already knew and/or care now since this is a topic that asks for bugs to fix rather than searching for workarounds, but thought I'd post it.

It can also be avoided by switching captain from the tab holder and then switching it back to tab holder prior to entering tablet.
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Die "Tower range" bug (aka attacking towers in instances without them shooting back) is also present in fb79 if i remember correctly.

The "tablet not working" aka "mission failed" was also confirmed for the first boss in fb49, as well as the already mentioned fb59 .

Darkeye Ouranos (or somewhat like that) was (or still is, don't really know anymore) bugable for archers by luring it to the nearest house and using the pillars to always stand on the opposite site of the boss while attacking it.

The Mausoleum General could (or still can, as i said, no idea, stopped playing MY-EN a while ago) can be lured into fishing village to kill every player there.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    It can also be avoided by switching captain from the tab holder and then switching it back to tab holder prior to entering tablet.

I've tried this before and had it fail... the only way that hasn't yet failed for me yet is putting the tablet in under 30% hp.

@ara: Yeah, there's a tower in fb79 as well. I guess this occurs with all towers then, though I've never tried it on the one in fb79. Although the guard at the fb59 is a skeleton that can move... so perahps the problem there is sight range being lower than player attack range? Zhang can still be lured to fishing village as it doesn't have the invisible walls that ADC/other major cities have. Same thing applies to people luring stormhorn/gules onto sundown town, town of arriving, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Please take out the kill hit from mobs. Every @%#&amp;ing time I kill a mob, it hits me right as it's dying. It's annoying because it's very unrealistic. I mean... the mob has already fallen or dropped its weapon. How could it possibly hit me?

Some clothing stuff is buggy. With some armour/fashion, in certain areas skin shows through the fabric as though there's a hole in it. Also, the bikini bottom still shows the girl's white panties underneath. Some skirts just don't show panties at all (a well known issue, btw).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    ara wrote: »
    The Mausoleum General could (or still can, as i said, no idea, stopped playing MY-EN a while ago) can be lured into fishing village to kill every player there.

All boss can be lured in areas where there are no guards.

I saw Mausoleum trained to Orchid Temple. One moron even lured it as far as the starting area of the human race, and happily yelling at new players there "Welcome to PW". Good way to make players leave a game they just started to play.

Someone also lured the flying dragon in Dragon Wilderness to Town of arriving. I also saw Virridis Chief Tauren dragged there.

Some mini boss was also dragged into Fire Bating village.

The solution would be to put guards near every villages and outposts, with commands to kill any monsters coming near them. Not hard to implement, and would make lots of happy players.
    ragingwind wrote: »
    Some clothing stuff is buggy. With some armour/fashion, in certain areas skin shows through the fabric as though there's a hole in it. Also, the bikini bottom still shows the girl's white panties underneath. Some skirts just don't show panties at all (a well known issue, btw).

So true... My Venomancer's long hairs on the back was going through the collar of my level 80 armor. My level 80 annulus was cutting through my leg....

• merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    Please take out the kill hit from mobs. Every @%#&amp;ing time I kill a mob, it hits me right as it's dying. It's annoying because it's very unrealistic. I mean... the mob has already fallen or dropped its weapon. How could it possibly hit me?

Your first issue is probably due to lag. As to the second issue, who doesn't look up their chick's skirt every once in a while as they grind/walk/fly somewhere? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    merulz wrote: »
    Your first issue is probably due to lag. As to the second issue, who doesn't look up their chick's skirt every once in a while as they grind/walk/fly somewhere? :p

I TOTALLY DO NOT DO THAT

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
This discussion has been closed.