Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Options

Comments

• joeseiner
    joeseiner Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    If this is true the only reason I could think for this happening is due to our r9r3 being a custom set for our version. If true it could just be that due to them making a custom set for us our proc rates were bumped up a bit, creating 2 versions of the weapon proc in the game. One for our r9r3 and one for the r8r/PWCN r9r3.
    But making r9r3CN proc rate even worse than r8r? Come on... It would be bearable if it was at least the same, but not lower tiger-18.gif​​

No, not even then. They advertised this gear to be the strongest there is out there. Second to none (cept g17). So in fact, if the proc has a lower chance compared to r9rr then this is a case of false advertising. Period. That's totally out of the question.

If they feel like having multiple procs then this can be easily solved by CN Devs. Remove all but one proc and put that one proc on all weapons that could possible have that proc. There is absolutely no sense in having multiple of the same procs in the first place and is at best misleading by design.

I always had stupid bad luck with purify and its obviously alot worse now. PvE and PvP. I really never had situations in when I was standing in around 30+ mobs that I didnt perma proc. Nowadays it nearly never procs, even with so many mobs on me.

A good solution would be to give people their old weapons back (if they dont wanna fix the procs) but with maximum possible stats and ofc enough orbs to +12 it again + a little compensation in gold. That would be fine for me :D
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    joeseiner wrote: »
    No, not even then. They advertised this gear to be the strongest there is out there. Second to none (cept g17). So in fact, if the proc has a lower chance compared to r9rr then this is a case of false advertising. Period.
    Agree, but they can always claim they didn't ever advertise any certain numbers regarding proc rate monkey-19.gif And this "strength" can be related to the extra damage, chan, crit etc =\
    If they feel like having multiple procs then this can be easily solved by CN Devs. Remove all but one proc and put that one proc on all weapons that could possible have that proc. There is absolutely no sense in having multiple of the same procs in the first place and is at best misleading by design.
    Agree again. Other weap skills like purge for example have different names depending on the proc chance. With puri spell it's impossible to tell what they coded. But who could assume they would make the best available weap (g17 is not yet available, seriously) the worst in this regard?
    A good solution would be to give people their old weapons back (if they dont wanna fix the procs) but with maximum possible stats and ofc enough orbs to +12 it again + a little compensation in gold. That would be fine for me :D
    I'd be more happy if they simply fixed the proc rate. Idk how it works in china, but those weaps (chinese and ours) have same ID according to the base... Pretty sure it's possible to make another weap with fair proc rate and replace ours with it, but dunno who will bother with making customized gear for pwi again.
    Refunding and rolling back also sounds interesting, but I doubt they would refund everything. As I said, even if they give you weap back, all your gold and/or ingame coins you spent for refines and shards and r9r4 mats are lost. A little compensation won't cover it. It's like you log in, drop a billion on the ground and go away lolz.

UPD. Ok, I tested it too. 1000 (one thousand) hits, 50 procs. Nuff said.

​​
    Post edited by shade13 on
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    AFAIK they never advertised the gear to be stronger. They stated that it wasn't necessarily stronger, just had some more pvp-oriented stats. Now their opinion on pvp-oriented stats may differ between you and I.

What you're trading for is more damage and defense for a lower proc rate.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    well my boundless zerk weapon zerks so much it's unbelievable normal-1.gif​​

same, I hit a mob 10 times and zerked 3 times, that pretty much confirms a 30% chance to zerk, its amazing
  • dregenfox
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    well my boundless zerk weapon zerks so much it's unbelievable normal-1.gif​​

same, I hit a mob 10 times and zerked 3 times, that pretty much confirms a 30% chance to zerk, its amazing

10 samples is no where near enough to draw a conclusion, sure, but given the fact that we KNOW there are 2 separate purify procs in the game, and also that R8r has a lower proc rate than R9rr (this was tested way back during trials release), it's reasonable to assume that Boundless could be using the R8r version of the proc.

600 tests is enough to convince me that this is probably true. Can we be wrong? Sure. But there's a much, much greater chance that we're right.

There's absolutely nothing to be gained by coming to forums and demanding people run 1000000 tests and then repeat this 3 more times to prove it beyond a doubt just for your sake.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I know its impossible for a single player to get that data, and its perfectly fine to present ur personal findings. Just dont treat it as conclusive information, which is being done here... This whole thread could just be:

''Yo my weapon seems to proc less, GMs can you confirm?''

and it would have exactly as much substance as it does now, except people wont get trapped into thinking someone is presenting conclusive info, which... Im facepalming at everyone being like ''Damn... if only I knew!''

If anything Im doing her a favor! So she wont waste the time next time to smack someone 600 times only to end up with what she had before, all assumptions and no conclusions.

I am glad you're here. I'm looking forward to the release of your video of 1million hits of testing and the counter analyzing it for the community to read :)

No, but really, you're welcome to criticize but at least provide more data like I'm asking rather than being completely useless.

Now, imagine you're an arcane character with the option to upgrade to boundless. Would you rather have 0 opinions and 0 data and be oblivious to a possible issue with something from which there is no return, or would you rather have a small amount of data pointing to the possibility of an issue so you can consider that possibility before you upgrade?

I get what you're saying but t's easy to sit in your chair and demand others come up with data for your approval but quite something else to actually contribute to a project for the greater good.
  • dingo488
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »

I am glad you're here. I'm looking forward to the release of your video of 1million hits of testing and the counter analyzing it for the community to read :)

No, but really, you're welcome to criticize but at least provide more data like I'm asking rather than being completely useless.

I would if I didnt know it was a complete waste of time ^^ instead I rather just wait until they release actually numbers which they prolly never will, so until then the chance to puri proc is 50% on both weapons, it either procs, or it wont.

• dregenfox
    Options

I would if I didnt know it was a complete waste of time ^^ instead I rather just wait until they release actually numbers which they prolly never will, so until then the chance to puri proc is 50% on both weapons, it either procs, or it wont.

That 50% conclusion is so much more unlikely than anything eirghan has ever posted on these boards. It's almost moronic.
  • dingo488
    edited July 2016
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

That 50% conclusion is so much more unlikely than anything eirghan has ever posted on these boards. It's almost moronic.

Thanks for a perfect display of the average level of the PWI community, perhaps satire, perhaps serious, for personal amusement Ill pretend you were serious.

axJmn.gif
  • dregenfox
    Options

Thanks for a perfect display of the average level of the PWI community, perhaps satire, perhaps serious, for personal amusement Ill pretend you were serious.

axJmn.gif

Well then, I apologize if you were being sarcastic or joking in that post.

Given the content of your posts up to now, it was only reasonable to assume you were serious about what you were saying.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't think you can expect much from tickets. They'll probably tell you to NPC your weapon and that they'll put a R9r3 in your inventory, but probably forget to do so and ignore you after. Alternatively, you'll get the weapon back but with random stats and no refines (and probably no orbs). Unless you're really lucky and get a GM who's in a good mood and feels like helping you that day.

Honestly, I don't expect anything to be done about it, especially since this is likely to be by design. It would still be nice to hear a word from @orinj and/or @thenamesdomino though.

Now, it would be nice if we could get some information on the G17 weapons' proc chances somehow...

​​
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    Let me rephrase the question that should be asked: "Yo, GM's, tell us the proc rates for r9r3 and r9r4 for these weapons: {insert weapon names}".

But still, it is important to notice how you do get enough extra attk and defense levels, which do cost more than the new wep price (orbs not counted).

In my case, I won 9 attk lvls, 5 deff lvls, 10 more magic, 250 more HP. I lost a bit of base magic attk from wep, and from what I see here I also lost proc rate on the weapon. For a cost of 1 bill, without sharding and +ing. I'd say its a relatively fair trade, especially because I do not 1v1, and in TW it seems like bad positioning will always get me killed no matter the proc rate.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • dregenfox
    Options
    well i know some venos that upgraded (nerf) demon ironwood and got schisms and books through tickets, so in that case i guess AA users could get their r9r3ws through ticket system aswell

what is more concerning is that we have no data about g17r3+ procs, in china they have 5th cast already, can anyone here, playing PWCH, provide us some more infos about g17r3+ procs? @asterelle @mars19 @attackerv

i am trying hard for g17r3 and i am really curious if its worth it or not​​

The thing with G17 is that at least you can still use your old weapon and switch it around depending on need. Plus my guess is that most people will choose the untargetability/invincible proc over purify because of Paralyze.

The people who made boundless are stuck *forever*, so I think there's a legitimate justification for PWI to do something about it.

• shade13
    edited August 2016
    Options
    well i know some venos that upgraded (nerf) demon ironwood and got schisms and books through tickets, so in that case i guess AA users could get their r9r3ws through ticket system aswell

what is more concerning...
    Ummm... Okay, let's imagine we get r9r3 back, but who will refund couple of bils lost? This is more concerning atm (= G17 is still far away and there will be enough testing while rerolling.
    In my case, I won 9 attk lvls, 5 deff lvls, 10 more magic, 250 more HP. I lost a bit of base magic attk from wep, and from what I see here I also lost proc rate on the weapon. For a cost of 1 bill, without sharding and +ing. I'd say its a relatively fair trade, especially because I do not 1v1, and in TW it seems like bad positioning will always get me killed no matter the proc rate.
    Glad for you (really glad), but not everyone is as satisfied, it's natural monkey-43.gif

I hope for a solution or decision, but I'll be really surprised though if they do something.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dregenfox
    Options

what is more concerning is that we have no data about g17r3+ procs, in china they have 5th cast already, can anyone here, playing PWCH, provide us some more infos about g17r3+ procs? @asterelle @mars19 @attackerv

i am trying hard for g17r3 and i am really curious if its worth it or not

The thing with G17 is that at least you can still use your old weapon and switch it around depending on need. Plus my guess is that most people will choose the untargetability/invincible proc over purify because of Paralyze.

The people who made boundless are stuck *forever*, so I think there's a legitimate justification for PWI to do something about it.

not really sure about that if you are immune\untarget but you are paralyzed\stunned for a gazillion seconds whats the point? after the immune you are still stuck in place receive new CC and rekt...

also it all depends on the proc rates... cant really discuss any meta w\o knowing the proc chances thats why i am asking before i will have to reach g17r3 and make youtube tests myself... normal-43.gif

it's unfvckingbelievable that GMs can't provide us this infos tho!
    we don't know what we are paying for!

how stupid is that?​​

Yep, there's simply no excuse for the lack of real information provided considering people have to invest considerable time and money into their product. The information isn't even available through pwdatabase which is where most players are forced to rely on for everything.

It would be so easy for a dev to just take a few minutes of their time and clear this matter up...

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    we don't know what we are paying for!

how stupid is that?​​

And yet people keep paying. The number of people who already switched to Boundless weapon on Twilight Temple is ridiculous. People really do have more money than sense.
  • ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    The better question would be how many didnt use glitched mats to recast.
  • dregenfox
    Options
    ebisama wrote: »

Yeah when I saw how cheap adamantine powders were being sold for I had to do some research on why people were selling so cheap. It's actually the people who bought the mats from the glitchers who are being screwed over. It's kind of a double whammy since a lot of people probably wouldn't have gone boundless w/o the glitch.

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    Its obvious people that got new weps did because of the glitch making mats cheap lol otherwise it was too expensive to be worth it. Still RIP AA classes i feel bad for them even though it makes things better for me.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    That russian weapon could be from their CM, much like domino has his he linked in the past. Only one weapon means nothing. Still, tests could be done with it.

"All over the place on other regions"? Source, please.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    Its PWCN, he just uses rus translation when playing on chinese servers. Bow with zerk+untarget. For now its first g17r5 we found.
  • shade13
    Options
    Hey, guys, how about you make another topic about g17? monkey-30.gif
    Even if g17 procs are not more than 1%, here we are discussing g16 boundless, which is another weap and another story.

And yeah, pulling screenshots in unknown language from somewhere, make sure they are what you are looking for, before complaining someone is ahead ;) It easily could be an ss of a private server and a custom weap.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    ebisama wrote: »

I'm not sure where you are going with that, but as someone who didn't glitch mats (I actually had quit game when they were giving these rewards out so sadly I didn't even get the bound mats tiger-34.gif) I think its a bit unfair if you are suggesting that PW should not look into a possible discrepancy with the weapon just because some people broke TOS. In my opinion those are two different "issues" (if you will excuse my lack for a better term) that should be handled, and disciplined if necessary, separately.

Honestly, I don't expect anything to be done about it, especially since this is likely to be by design. It would still be nice to hear a word from @orinj and/or @thenamesdomino though.

I don't actually know if I should be saying anything or not so I hope I'm not taking liberties here, but before I even released my own testing I had forwarded the question to orinj, asking him to look into it. He said he would get back to me in a few days which unfortunately I guess he was too busy so I just released the info to the public... But I did get a note back today saying that the devs are too busy to look into it but he passed the info to his QA team to do their own testing.

I don't know how to feel about that actually. On one hand I'm super reassured and happy that Orinj is doing what he can to look into it to give us more information and really grateful. But on the other hand.... I can't help but be a little concerned that PWE as a company is having to verify my testing with their own testing rather than just getting information directly from china about what the code is programmed to give for proc chance.

And after testing God of Frenzy and coming up with steady results I do wonder how much of this was intended.
    ​​
  • ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options

I'm not sure where you are going with that, but as someone who didn't glitch mats (I actually had quit game when they were giving these rewards out so sadly I didn't even get the bound mats tiger-34.gif) I think its a bit unfair if you are suggesting that PW should not look into a possible discrepancy with the weapon just because some people broke TOS. In my opinion those are two different "issues" (if you will excuse my lack for a better term) that should be handled, and disciplined if necessary, separately.

it wasnt directed directly to any1 but its still the best question asked.Even if you didnt i doubt you bought all mats through CS you can be sure 99.99% of all mats are glitched.
    It would be stupid to ask any compensation as ppl did for something that broke the TOS so i dont really cant see the 2 differnt things as most if not all bought mats from catshops selling at 500k-1mil on TT server.since every1 could know with gold being 4.5mil all the time and mats being sold for 1 gold each. Now wether to disciplined those ppl is not up to me but i would have done a zero tolerance policy for any glitch but we have seen in the past glitches can be used for advantage without any set backs.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    If people are wanting a bunch of weapon refunds I could see where they want to verify results. A few videos and a few threads might not be enough to communicate to China that what we're seeing is different than what they think is happening. (especially if it's RNG based). I'd say give it a few more days and hopefully we can get a more conclusive answer and hopefully something actionable. I'm only 2/3 of the way to a Boundless weapon as it stands (lazy merch haha!), so for now, I can only confirm the US Rank procs.

As to the issue of mats being glitched, I'm not sure if they can do anything about that anymore (how long ago was that now? 2ish months?) and it's already had its market impact. Not saying it was right, but glitched or not, that doesn't change what could be a weapon add issue.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆