TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If that means from Nefarious, we already know we'll just dye the map red yet again, and everytime there is a reset as well. b:victory

What makes Nefs so confident in that statement? You still have one(possibly another) opponent still capable of preventing you from doing that.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If that means from Nefarious, we already know we'll just dye the map red yet again, and everytime there is a reset as well. b:victory

Woah , nice attitude , and some ppl wonder why are nef hated . C'mon , you can do better than that if hate is what your after :P .

K let's fight fire with fire or I should say ego with ego instead :D . Here let me help you with my own examples : grinding at fish red named near a group of nefs just waiting for them to call out to some1 to come and pk me .
    Or the even better part , finding one grinding in pk , killing him repeatedly giving the rest of the squad 2 choices :

1 - help him by turning pk mode on too just for 1 person and mby sometimes 2 ( my favorite option ) then being forced to log off , stay afk OR be willing to fight because of being unable to turn it off for 10 hours b:sin .

2 - watch your guild mate(s) get killed repeatedly by 1 or max 2 ppl and give the impression that you don't care what happens to him or them.

The 2nd option is the smart one for carebears but it's also the cowardly one. While the 1st one was much more entertaining the 2nd one also give's plenty of opportunities for possible taunts.

Regardless knowing that most were carebears it was fun to see what would be their choice :

To be a smart coward or a brave fool ? I'm curios what would any1 , that read's this post , choose given such a situation.

All this ofc was followed by some WC messages to express my love towards you guys for keeping me entertained b:dirty .

Pk discussion again , in your face Ast :D ( If you read this that is) .
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Woah , nice attitude , and some ppl wonder why are nef hated
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

altho i do feel sry for the few i know in nef who are nice n humble, they get labeled because of loud speakers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

altho i do feel sry for the few i know in nef who are nice n humble, they get labeled because of loud speakers.

And for this exact reason I took all the bad stuff that came along with my pk related rants and taunts upon myself since it was MY choice of doing it thus my responsibility to deal with everything that came after , to avoid accusations towards my faction because of the way I had my fun . Some ppl liked it some didn't , no need to get the rest involved unless they want to .

This is how a faction can get a bad rep : there's too much "we or we nef" out there while some other members don't share the same desires . At least have respect for of your own members Xoria as well as others who post the same way .
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Well you have to admit the general public see things can be biased, with reputation being linked to the entire faction as a whole. As each member are each an extension of the faction. Every action, every word displays a message to the public about who they represent. If Nefarious members do not wish to defend their reputation, then that is how the public will view it. People should be more responsible in the way they engage with other players if they even care about their reputation.

So why do the players that don't share that sort of opinion stay in Nef? b:puzzled It would only seem natural that members of a faction would share a similar faction objective/interest. I believe Nishtara was one of the first to step up and take initiative.

• Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ahh, sorry then. I'm speaking for myself then here and the above post. I have confidence in Nef. Also, generally, I'm not a loud speaker and am rather nice b:chuckle Come and meet me in game and forget what banner i wear over my head. You really will find a nice little cleric that enjoys the game but takes TW very seriously.

Dan, I may be speaking as someone who is itching for a little fun since everyone loves ganging up on Legendary for 'a better shot at taking land.' b:laugh I wouldn't mind playing with you again; like in the days of RoninStrider and Rhythm while watching you zhen on wolves in Burning Heart.

Those were the days. Actually, I suspect Regicide is hiding some kind of power back there, but only the future can tell us that, right? b:thanks
    Well you have to admit the general public see things can be biased, with reputation being linked to the entire faction as a whole. As each member are each an extension of the faction. Every action, every word displays a message to the public about who they represent. If Nefarious members do not wish to defend their reputation, then that is how the public will view it. People should be more responsible in the way they engage with other players if they even care about their reputation.

So why do the players that don't share that sort of opinion stay in Nef? b:puzzled It would only seem natural that members of a faction would share a similar faction objective/interest. I believe Nishtara was one of the first to step up and take initiative.

Both statements are true. When I joined Nef, and still now, I am auto-hated, as well as other members, just because we are, well, Nefarious. People have left squads just because they 'won't party with a Nerf'. I'm also one of those weirdos that PMs world chat Nef- haters and talk with them. One can learn a lot from them, really. Have a nice conversation with one and in the end they learn they are talking with a Nef member, don't talk for a good ten minutes and then reply with something along the lines of "I guess at least one of you is OK."

Faction hating is like internet memes. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon to be socially accepted and find something in common.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Ahh, sorry then. I'm speaking for myself then here and the above post. I have confidence in Nef. Also, generally, I'm not a loud speaker and am rather nice b:chuckle Come and meet me in game and forget what banner i wear over my head. You really will find a nice little cleric that enjoys the game but takes TW very seriously. b:cute

Dan, I may be speaking as someone who is itching for a little fun since everyone loves ganging up on Legendary for 'a better shot at taking land.' b:laugh I wouldn't mind playing with you again; like in the days of RoninStrider and Rhythm while watching you zhen on wolves in Burning Heart.

Those were the days. Actually, I suspect Regicide is hiding some kind of power back there, but only the future can tell us that, right? b:thanks

Off topic a bit : This might just be me , but by reading your posts you kinda remind me of Miriade , being a cleric as well is a coincidence I guess , lulz .
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Off topic a bit : This might just be me , but by reading your posts you kinda remind me of Miriade , being a cleric as well is a coincidence I guess , lulz .

Care to say what you mean? Or is this another "let's hate on __ for social guild political reasons"? Last I checked, I haven't talked down to anyone.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Care to say what you mean? Or is this another "let's hate on __ for social guild political reasons"? Last I checked, I haven't talked down to anyone.

Nothing much , just my own curiosity - I'll leave it at that .
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To be a smart coward or a brave fool ? I'm curios what would any1 , that read's this post , choose given such a situation.

I always loved being outnumbered.
    *reminisces about Steel's 20v4 matches b:dirty*
    I'd totally go PK and whoop yo' **** Ayano. b:angry
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I always loved being outnumbered.
    *reminisces about Steel's 20v4 matches b:dirty*
    I'd totally go PK and whoop yo' **** Ayano. b:angry

That was a question for carebears though Asch b:cute . It's already clear that the pvp fans will turn pk mode right away + they wouldn't wanna avoid battles ,they'd either search for them or wait for something to happen b:sin .

If the situation I wished for happened , meaning all their party turning pk mode on then I'd probably die once OR the other option , retreat to safe zone ... Ya right...as if I'd do that :P , I'd just fly / run in circles keeping them busy till I could form a pk group , try to kill one if he/she'd get separated from the others , sometimes die being cornered then rush back right away but retreating to SZ ? Not my style :P .

If we were still playing , I'd normally say ...Rawrrr , bring it on !!!!

I'd actually like to thank you now Xoria , due to your post I remembered that there were still pretty fun moments even after steel was gone xD .

God , I love trolling forums <3 .
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I'm interested to see this week's biddings. >:O

• Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I'm interested to see this week's biddings. >:O

Hmmmm,same as always ? :P Along with the results .
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    one day left for biddings...

2 days left to start the fun.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited September 2009
    Ahh, sorry then. I'm speaking for myself then here and the above post. I have confidence in Nef. (Having confidence in your faction is absolutely great. But if you cant draw the line between confidence and ego and wonder why the negative responses....) Also, generally, I'm not a loud speaker and am rather nice b:chuckle Come and meet me in game and forget what banner i wear over my head. You really will find a nice little cleric that enjoys the game but takes TW very seriously.

Both statements are true. When I joined Nef, and still now, I am auto-hated, as well as other members, just because we are, well, Nefarious. People have left squads just because they 'won't party with a Nerf'. I'm also one of those weirdos that PMs world chat Nef- haters and talk with them. One can learn a lot from them, really. Have a nice conversation with one and in the end they learn they are talking with a Nef member, don't talk for a good ten minutes and then reply with something along the lines of "I guess at least one of you is OK."

Faction hating is like internet memes. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon to be socially accepted and find something in common.
    Erm... i think its more personality. I know a couple nef who are full on PKers yet are very much respected for who they are. No one questions their factions or who they represent. A similiar trait that I noticed in them (could be just coincidence) were that they did not outwardly talk about their faction, and so the pple who interacted with them got to know them more thoroughly before their rep got influenced by faction name.
    I think it depends alot on how an individual presents themselves before and after joining a faction.

I was actually thinking the same thing...
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    =_= Does that suddenly make me Miriade? b:angry No, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Erm...I think its more personality. I know a couple Nef who are full on PKers yet are very much respected for who they are. No one questions their factions or who they represent. A similar trait that I noticed in them (Could be just coincidence), were that they did not outwardly talk about their faction, and so the people who interacted with them got to know them more thoroughly before their Rep got influenced by faction name.

I think it depends alot on how an individual presents themselves before and after joining a faction.

Although I agree with your conclusion, this is all entirely subjective (Which is why I agree xD).

I think where we disagree, is that people don't have to like you, but people must respect you (As per the ToS which we all agreed to). On that note, the premise that Miriade = Bad, is wrong to begin with (As per the ToS, its just insulting, and disrespectful, especially to someone who isn't even around to submit a ticket =P), so Xoria hardly had to defend herself.

Everything else here, seems to be a matter of poor communication, and thus perception. Although I can entirely see where Xoria could have phrased herself better, I can just as easily understand why she would think that some people jumped the gun on dismissing her.

My favorite tricks to good communication/manipulation (depending on how you look at it xD) are the "compliment sandwich", and the compromise (...on everything...it hurts a little on the inside). I am fairly certain that if you use these techniques, you can avoid being flamed, because people won't know what to make of you >;3 (Same as the silent PKers in Deceptistars example).

Here's the sandwich:

[The Bread - The fluffy sliced compliment, not much of actual matter.]

[The Lettuce - Cuz I tend to write alot of stuff without any nutritional value.]

[The Cheez - Something to throw them off the scent for when you hit 'em, maybe a joke.]

[The Meat - Critique them, and don't forget to give them plenty of it :D]

[More Bread - For good measure, leave them happy.]

Or heck, you could be honest all the time xD...good luck though. (Lemme leave you with this: http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2009/5/20/Liar-Liar-01.jpg )
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Honestly falls , if they didn't have you to step up for them , they would probably look like the biggest fools whenever they open their mouths and say something in-game or forums and they did bring us allot of laughs like the all-mighty archers with axes and leg haxing in TW or the "Y U PURGE ? !? " etc . I hope you get allot of respect from them .

For my part , I finally found out something that I was always curious about . And that is how would nef be so much more respected with you as leader than it was with devalis , since your reign was pretty much in a time I didn't actually play much or gave too much interest to nef for me to know. Well now I know why , that's 1 thing less to find out about sanctuary's past .

Just my 2 cents .
    edited October 2009
    Honestly falls , if they didn't have you to step up for them , they would probably look like the biggest fools whenever they open say something in-game or forums and they did bring us allot of laughs
    I do agree with what falls said but you have to admit, ayano makes one huge point here =d (which makes some of the threads interesting to look at...)

some of the miscommunication that leads to this is due to some 'outgoing' pple posting before thinking.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Honestly falls , if they didn't have you to step up for them , they would probably look like the biggest fools whenever they open their mouths and say something in-game or forums and they did bring us allot of laughs like the all-mighty archers with axes and leg haxing in TW or the "Y U PURGE ? !? " etc . I hope you get allot of respect from them .

For my part , I finally found out something that I was always curious about . And that is how would nef be so much more respected with you as leader than it was with devalis , since your reign was pretty much in a time I didn't actually play much or gave too much interest to nef for me to know. Well now I know why , that's 1 thing less to find out about sanctuary's past .

Just my 2 cents .

you gotta be kidding me right? the same level of respect would be given to nef regardless of leader. Being a leader just means u get to collect money b:chuckle
    edited October 2009
    you gotta be kidding me right? the same level of respect would be given to nef regardless of leader. Being a leader just means u get to collect money b:chuckle
    A leader does represent a faction to a degree, moreso than commissioners, thats what ayano is saying.
    Take a negative action and apply it to a commissioner and a leader. You will get a noticeable difference from the reactions of other pple.

A interesting example (but diff. concept) is president Obama and the fly (lol)
    Obama swatted a fly with his hands (miraculously fell dead on the floor) on TV cause it was bothering the interview (or whatever it was). The public went ballistic on him, saying he swatted a POOR LITTLE LIFE.
    But omg.
    Guess how much attention your next door neighbor would get if he swatted a fly on a TV interview. Pple would just laugh and wonder if hes stink...
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Outbidded Nef for 10m huh? That's a big ol' WTFPWNED to their face. Goodluck Regicide, continue taking land. b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good job Reg with "not tolerating this" and "fiercely overbidding". Of course there are 3 lands to the south and 6 to the west. With Mount Lantern turning red Reg will be blocked off from the west and next week they can be overbid by Nef to be blocked off from the south so this may well be the last non-Nef land Reg will be able to take.

I guess you have some long term plans to get to the south edge for the expansion? If not it seems like a poor bid since Mount Lantern would have left you two lands to attack next week buying you another week of taking from Leg before being surrounded by red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good job Reg with "not tolerating this" and "fiercely overbidding". Of course there are 3 lands to the south and 6 to the west. With Mount Lantern turning red Reg will be blocked off from the west and next week they can be overbid by Nef to be blocked off from the south so this may well be the last non-Nef land Reg will be able to take.

I guess you have some long term plans to get to the south edge for the expansion? If not it seems like a poor bid since Mount Lantern would have left you two lands to attack next week buying you another week of taking from Leg before being surrounded by red.

QFT.
    Nef actually decided not to overbid Regi because we have other places we can bid in which result in the same way, and no use to bid over 20M when there is so much other places to bid in b:cute
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Care to say what you mean? Or is this another "let's hate on __ for social guild political reasons"? Last I checked, I haven't talked down to anyone. since leaving Legendary

Updated your post, because I do remember you ranting at someone who spent an entire week trying to get a 59 culti party made for you, while doing 49 cultis and other stuff for other members that did nothing to help them. They also received no help from any faction member on their own quests, and did not gripe about it. And when they stuck up for the other high levels who got tired of always being griped at for not stopping their TT/own quests immediately to help impatient lowbies who didn't want to put any effort into FBs, not cultis that are needed, but FBs they caught non-stop flack. And you called the person who tried helping you selfish and uncaring. Only a week after they did everything they could for you.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Whoa thats the biggest TW arrow i have ever seen. You cant even see the name of Mt Lantern.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    Sinangel - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Shhh....Let TheDan enjoy his moment of brilliance. b:shutup
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

We haven't any intention of wiping Legendary off the map, otherwise we would have went west as there are more lands there. We do have 3 good reasons to be going deeper south though. b:dirty Which I don't believe should be openly conversed. :P

• Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We haven't any intention of wiping Legendary off the map, otherwise we would have went west as there are more lands there. We do have 3 good reasons to be going deeper south though. b:dirty Which I don't believe should be openly conversed. :P

Ahokwait.

1.Incoming expansion.
    2.Territory touching to Archo
    3.Dreamweaver.

I think that's it. Now, let's openly discuss, what are the chances of Regi taking Dreamweaver? Archo? b:sad
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ahokwait.

1.Incoming expansion.
    2.Territory touching to Archo
    3.Dreamweaver.

I think that's it. Now, let's openly discuss, what are the chances of Regi taking Dreamweaver? Archo? b:sad

Who knows, that would be tough. If only all of Nef was as squishy as you Remi b:sadb:laugh
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...