Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jabsolum wrote: »
    Well, most CW spells are 80' range and with Far Spell feated 90'.

Whilst I can appreciate that you may not know this, please don't assume that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Is that all you took from my post? No wonder why we are where we are.
    i just took your advice from your post, i dont like it.
    85' on circle is like from node 2 to half to node 3. Probabilities to have the bonus: 0%.
    Aspect of the lone wolf is good just in pvp where fight has to happen on a node large 30'. This is why i dont like your advice, this is why i dont like the change (2% deflect...it sucks! should 15% stackable up to 3 times to be viable), this is why i dont like t4 archery feats.
  • Options
    myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    AotLW doesn't give Deflection, it gives Damage Resistance. And for everyone who gets into Melee Range, this bonus is axed by 5%.
    So the 'It gives Deflect' Drivel can be disregarded.

Posts on Preview while reading Live.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The more I read and played the HR changes, the more I wondered why I wasn't playing a GWF.

They get DPS, Survivability, and CC at the same time. HRs have to PICK 1.

And now it's pretty clear that HRs will really only get 1 while GWFs continue to get all 3.

"CWs only have CC now." Well sure, like triple the CC anyone else has, with sub-note AOE OWNAGE to boot. A CC-specced HR will remain vastly inferior to a CW in their specialty, and have a fractional increase in ST damage and survivability to make up for it. Laughable.
    TRs still have DPS, Survivability and CC.
    "DCs and GFs only have Survivability." They've always been the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> classes. They should get buffs. But they'll be better at Survivability than HRs, now.
    SWs are still in the works. They at least have DPS on lockdown and are shiny new pennies.

So HRs are currently sub-par on DPS, Survivability & CC, and only get to have 1.
    While two other classes get all 3.
    And the other classes outshine them in their singular tree choice.

Time to get off the HR ship, apparently.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you actually think about the direction the changes are geared towards, they are giving people what they have been crying for. At its onset the forums were littered with posts about "why can't I be pure archer?" And "why should I have to change the way I play to be viable?" And things along those lines. Now they are offering viable single stance trees and people are still not happy? Archers are getting a huge damage boost and you are surprised that you are giving something's up in return? Really?
    Personally I have no problem with giving individual paths to cater to those who don't want to play the class as it was intended. I do however object when it comes at the expense of those who do play the class as intended. It seems now they are correcting this aspect of the class at least and the hybrid tree will be the one that gets the combination of a damage increase and control which is how it should have been.

If you want to play a pure ranged character with good damage and survivability, hey, the SW is around the corner.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Archers are getting a huge damage boost and you are surprised that you are giving something's up in return? Really?

Originally, yes, not so much now that they lessoned the buffs. And it's not just giving up "something's". We're giving up Aspect of the lone wolf, constricting arrow stuns, and the PVP set bonus. Giving up just 1 of these is HUGE in PVP, let alone all 3.

Yeah great you can be a pure archer or combat. And suck in PVE or PVP. Go trapper and suck even more.
    If you want to play a pure ranged character with good damage and survivability, hey, the SW is around the corner.

Yeah I guess. Then play it for 4 months and watch it get nerfed into the ground with fundamental class abilities changed.

No thanks.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Originally, yes, not so much now that they lessoned the buffs. And it's not just giving up "something's". We're giving up Aspect of the lone wolf, constricting arrow stuns, and the PVP set bonus.

Yeah great you can be a pure archer or combat. And suck in PVE or PVP. Go trapper and suck even more.

Yeah I guess. Then play it for 4 months and watch it get nerfed into the ground with fundamental class abilities changed.

No thanks.

And nature's blessing :/
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ychiaki wrote: »
    And nature's blessing :/

Oh yeah. 20% less regen and self healing too.

Give up all of this and you still can't out DPS a GWF or CW in a dungeon, let alone a SW. LOL what a joke.
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    CW aoe damage is huge nerf 60%. You should be able to easily pass them is that's your goal. My goal has always been to successfully complete the dungeon.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    CW aoe damage is huge nerf 60%. You should be able to easily pass them is that's your goal. My goal has always been to successfully complete the dungeon.

We were barely able to keep up with them with the original buffs. That's how bad HR overall dps is in dungeons.

Now I don't think we can. My goal is to be invited for parties so I can play the content. Why the hell would you take an HR when you can get the same dps from a CW and tons of control.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We were barely able to keep up with them with the original buffs. That's how bad HR overall dps is in dungeons.

Now I don't think we can. My goal is to be invited for parties so I can play the content. Why the hell would you take an HR when you can get the same dps from a CW and tons of control.

Yep.

Even if HR DPS was 150% what CWs can do, it's still mostly single target. Even with decreases in CW AOE DPS, they still have...

wait for it...

CC.

Aaaaaaaaaand HRs don't in Archery.

What's better, a single target dead faster, or all adds controlled the entire duration of their existence?

Right then. Moving on.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Following internal testing we are making another adjustment to Aspect of the Lone Wolf. While it was too good before when granting base Damage Resistance, it isn't good enough in the current incarnation. Therefore we are making the following change as well to give it a little more "baseline" survivability that synergizes with things Rangers can do. This will also be coupled with some minor feat changes to make more choices feel good lower in some of the trees.

Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Now also grants 5% deflect chance per rank at all times in addition to 2% per nearby foe.
    Fluid Hunter: Now grants .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 Deflect Chance (instead of 1/2/3/4/5% Deflect Rating).

These changes should hit this week barring anything going wrong.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

The ONLY big thing I question here.... so 15% BASE (rank 3) more deflect PLUS 2% more for each foe? Wont this put many HRs in the 60%+ deflect range? The sharandar boon that deals damage based on deflect would be a concern here... Plus THAT high of deflect seems pretty dangerous while DR is good, deflect is sometimes VERY Good when you deflect a 10k+ blow and mitigate half the damage......

This concerns me bigtime.... It was too strong before, now I am afraid it STILL is......
  • Options
    lademonicclademonicc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    The ONLY big thing I question here.... so 15% BASE (rank 3) more deflect PLUS 2% more for each foe? Wont this put many HRs in the 60%+ deflect range? The sharandar boon that deals damage based on deflect would be a concern here... Plus THAT high of deflect seems pretty dangerous while DR is good, deflect is sometimes VERY Good when you deflect a 10k+ blow and mitigate half the damage......

This concerns me bigtime.... It was too strong before, now I am afraid it STILL is......

i think your not visualizing this well :) if ur surrounded by 10 players , chances are ull be dead even if u can deflect 60%
    (remeber that deflection only cuts half the dmg, not a complete dodge) if 10 people cant beat down one ranger in 5seconds im concerned about your skill level in pvp.

the 10% from foes bonus i beleive is to help the pve aspect of the ranger. now in pve we will be a tab bit tankier vs mobs, while not having that huge bonus during 1v1 contesting at pvp nodes
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014

It is still overall a fairly sizable nerf. In 1v1 situations it now provides 17% deflect (which is 8.5% real DR) and the benefit of triggering things slightly more often (Set as an ICD and Wilds Medicine has a cap so it cant exceed a certain value) versus before when it was 20% DR. So for 11.5% lost DR they get to trigger their set a little more often and Wilds Medicine will cap out a little faster, which so far has seemed like a fair trade in our testing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It is still overall a fairly sizable nerf. In 1v1 situations it now provides 17% deflect (which is 8.5% real DR) and the benefit of triggering things slightly more often (Set as an ICD and Wilds Medicine has a cap so it cant exceed a certain value) versus before when it was 20% DR. So for 11.5% lost DR they get to trigger their set a little more often and Wilds Medicine will cap out a little faster, which so far has seemed like a fair trade in our testing.

Yes however with the removal of prones, BEFORE players were able to ignore deflect and so even 40% deflect did not count as (20% DR) so the DR they got helped.

Now with that removal, a HR with 60% deflect gets a 30% DR boost so even though you took away some DR, its still a nice boost.

Also in PVP the game isnt about DPS or "equiv" DR but MORE about burst damage and burst mitigation.

A 15k Crit for instance that is hurt by additional 20-25% DR means it dealt 3750 less damage.

A 15k crit deflected has its damage cut in half.

HRs can stack SO much deflect - that is what scares me. Yes they need more defensive tools - youll see I even suggested it was an over nerf. But this change REALLY scares me.

I dont know if you have played a good HR on LIVE in a 1v1, the previous nerf would REALLY hurt that HR... But this re-buff, IDK if anything will change for the HR TBH. With all the dodges and their nice damage boosts for melee HRs,

Not to mention the crazy damage Ranged ones can spit out - where this makes them pretty dang tanky again..... I just dont know....
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The ONLY big thing I question here.... so 15% BASE (rank 3) more deflect PLUS 2% more for each foe? Wont this put many HRs in the 60%+ deflect range
    Ayroux the troll hits again ....
    We can dodge 15 times in a row and now we can get 60% deflect with 15% bonus +2 % per enemy dam that means we must have 35% base and 10 enemys around us whish in pvp cant happend but in gg or open pvp zones.
    Tell me now long do you think a hr lives with 10 enemys around just lol. You dont play ranger you are all over with your bias argument to further gwfs,gfs and nerf others.

60% deflect wont happend and to even come near 50% you have to sacrifice tons of other stats like hp power and crit.

We still dont have any reliable cc no anti cc and to get wild medice you have to go melee t3 sacrificing alot in archery and well trapper is useless any way....

I suggest you stay in gwf and gf forum and stop trolling hr forum with wild accusations that has no baring with actual reality.....
  • Options
    lademonicclademonicc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux seem not to realize that when a gwf will chase a hr like he said (in gwf forum to back up more his gwf but used 60% example wtf) then the bonus is just 17% deflect +2.5% from feat (thats roguhly 10% dr) we used to have 10% in combat + the lone wolf dmg mitigation = 30% dr lol.

now assuming we have 10 enemy players around ( i dont want to be that hr to begin with lol) that means we have 2.5% deflect + 25%deflect = 27.5% thats roughly 18% dr :/ so even in that situation we dont have nearly as much tankyness as we used to have.

so this troll gwf/gf on this forum dont know his number and values, doesnt know the current live hr , and he dont realize that even with that "buff" we still lost what we had on live. what we do have to compensate is wild medicine that syngerize with the deflect (but that only in combat tree ) and he need to also realize no hr have a base of 35% deflect or is going to survive in a 1v10 situation
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Any change to the Trapper feat tree expected?

Yes, particularly any boosts for stance changing? I mean it is how the class was meant to be played.

Oh and just to add about gf trolls, they have no need to come here and cry for nerfs. Seriously. Have you seen the changes they are getting in the feedback thread? Oh muh gawd. If they fix the guarding issue GF's will be rampaging f****n beasts!
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    Yes, particularly any boosts for stance changing? I mean it is how the class was meant to be played.

Oh and just to add about gf trolls, they have no need to come here and cry for nerfs. Seriously. Have you seen the changes they are getting in the feedback thread? Oh muh gawd. If they fix the guarding issue GF's will be rampaging f****n beasts!

dont troll the GF's please.
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    lademonicc wrote: »
    ayroux seem not to realize that when a gwf will chase a hr like he said (in gwf forum to back up more his gwf but used 60% example wtf) then the bonus is just 17% deflect +2.5% from feat (thats roguhly 10% dr) we used to have 10% in combat + the lone wolf dmg mitigation = 30% dr lol.

now assuming we have 10 enemy players around ( i dont want to be that hr to begin with lol) that means we have 2.5% deflect + 25%deflect = 27.5% thats roughly 18% dr :/ so even in that situation we dont have nearly as much tankyness as we used to have.

so this troll gwf/gf on this forum dont know his number and values, doesnt know the current live hr , and he dont realize that even with that "buff" we still lost what we had on live. what we do have to compensate is wild medicine that syngerize with the deflect (but that only in combat tree ) and he need to also realize no hr have a base of 35% deflect or is going to survive in a 1v10 situation

My HR on live as a woodelf has 25% deflect, thats base with gear and stat points. Not including the current combat feat on live.

Sitting on Node two with 5 enemies now I will sit at 50% deflect thats massive. Even for 1v1s I will be pushing close to 42% deflect. Thats crazy high.

Halflings with their bonus 3% base + then extra 1% from the +2 dex will push that to a massive 46% for 1v1s.

For PvP this is way too much.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lademonicc wrote: »

I have admitted many times that I dont play an HR, I also never said "nerf!" I merely said this scares me and it may be too much, that is all.

When the feat got nerfed right off the bat I went and talked to many of the best HRs in the game, they all said the same thing. "Good - im sick of bad people being able to play my class, now more ppl will leave" they also said "ya itll hurt but well still be really strong"

I asked many (and have seen many) who on LIVE haver over 40% deflect RIGHT NOW. I dont know if sources of deflect are getting changed to bring that down, but I have seen some feats that now provide more than they used to (may be a sub-optimal build though)

So 40% LIVE + now 17% more? Thats 57% deflect. Maybe this number is high. I think even 50% deflect seems stupid high. HALF of the hits you take are cut in half?

Again, im not an HR expert but it scares me. This also goes with the fact that fighters (gwf and gf) are losing their prones - something I am advocating against on the GWF forum for 1 power only. To combat that, I AM advocating for nearly a 40% damage loss in PVP on the GWF. So id say I am probably not just trying to troll but am focused on balance.

TO Crush, This SCARES me. Deflect stacking HRs will be very strong STILL - and they should, but getting near 50% deflect and possibly even close to 60%? Maybe its no possible but I know 50% is.... That scares me and IMO seems a little out of balance.

I could be wrong though - again I dont play an HR....
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No because even stacking deflect i m near 30 per cent plus 10 for combat feat but we will lose this last one. So lone wolf is still a nerf but at least now is an qcceptable one. I can no more stack deflect in gear regardless. Gj crush
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    No because even stacking deflect i m near 30 per cent plus 10 for combat feat but we will lose this last one. So lone wolf is still a nerf but at least now is an qcceptable one. I can no more stack deflect in gear regardless. Gj crush

No you will not lose this last one. Instead of being a flat 10% change, its being moved down to 2.5% so thats a 7.5% loss.

AotLW will then give you 15% + 2% per enemy (max 5 enemies) within the radius worth of deflect.

So for 1v1s, you actually end up with more deflect. You essentially gain 9.5% on top of what you already have,
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So for 1v1s, you actually end up with more deflect. You essentially gain 9.5% on top of what you already have,

Does it really matter when its still a nerf as crush said below.
    It is still overall a fairly sizable nerf. In 1v1 situations it now provides 17% deflect (which is 8.5% real DR) and the benefit of triggering things slightly more often (Set as an ICD and Wilds Medicine has a cap so it cant exceed a certain value) versus before when it was 20% DR. So for 11.5% lost DR they get to trigger their set a little more often and Wilds Medicine will cap out a little faster, which so far has seemed like a fair trade in our testin

Its start and we are happy for it so tnx Crush now take a look at Trapper for some better cc group buffs and a bit more dps - archers for some more cc survivabilty and meele for some kind of burst dam pretty plz :-).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bigger chance to proc healing from pvp set and
    its capped to procs every 2 sec so dont help really ....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No you will not lose this last one. Instead of being a flat 10% change, its being moved down to 2.5% so thats a 7.5% loss.

AotLW will then give you 15% + 2% per enemy (max 5 enemies) within the radius worth of deflect.

So close to 50% deflect? I guess its not as bad as I thought... This would be the max on the combat tree, with losing 20-25% DR so I guess that seems pretty fair. Itll be interesting thats for sure... Well see what this looks like on PTR.

Any ETA on today's changes Crush?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TO Crush, This SCARES me. Deflect stacking HRs will be very strong STILL - and they should, but getting near 50% deflect and possibly even close to 60%? Maybe its no possible but I know 50% is.... That scares me and IMO seems a little out of balance.

I've seen rogues with 50% deflect, and they have an inherent 75% deflect severity. They can also make themselves invisible. Scared yet?

Honestly it's very clear you from every post I've read by you that you don't play an HR and are only interested in the changes because it's the one class your GWF has trouble with.

I really wish you'd just leave and you can take your 60% deflect and 16 dodges with you.
  • Options
    edwin771edwin771 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have admitted many times that I dont play an HR, I also never said "nerf!" I merely said this scares me and it may be too much, that is all.

When the feat got nerfed right off the bat I went and talked to many of the best HRs in the game, they all said the same thing. "Good - im sick of bad people being able to play my class, now more ppl will leave" they also said "ya itll hurt but well still be really strong"

I asked many (and have seen many) who on LIVE haver over 40% deflect RIGHT NOW. I dont know if sources of deflect are getting changed to bring that down, but I have seen some feats that now provide more than they used to (may be a sub-optimal build though)

So 40% LIVE + now 17% more? Thats 57% deflect. Maybe this number is high. I think even 50% deflect seems stupid high. HALF of the hits you take are cut in half?

Again, im not an HR expert but it scares me. This also goes with the fact that fighters (gwf and gf) are losing their prones - something I am advocating against on the GWF forum for 1 power only. To combat that, I AM advocating for nearly a 40% damage loss in PVP on the GWF. So id say I am probably not just trying to troll but am focused on balance.

This is the official feedback thread. Everything u say here should be based on test run on preview.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    edwin771 wrote: »
    This is the official feedback thread. Everything u say here should be based on test run on preview.

Only thing i have tested is playing against HR... Again admitting openly i dont play the class so that you take what i say with a grain of salt. I realize that. But i also occasionally see complete whiners in these threads that even while things were openly broken prior to this fix saying HR would be worthless. Not all posts but some.

When you go to my own class threads alot of my own feedback is honestly towards trying to balance. Same as here. When you look at the leaderboards page one is dominated with HRs and HR is currently king of pvp. I have no vendetta towrds HR i just want pvp to be fun. Right now it isnt.

Hopefully this change brings balance and not just a small nerf to a skill that may very well be still too strong - i have yet to test AS DO WE ALL because its not on the PTR yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have no vendetta towrds HR i just want pvp to be fun. Right now it isnt.

Translation: "I just want to own every single class in PVP on my GWF. Right now I can't cause of those blasted HRs!"
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It doesnt scare me, like at all. Dude, you sound like your life depends on successful Neverwinter PVP.. chill
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.