test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Have you even read the TRAPPER path doh ....

I think what he wants is a limit on how often the HR can Tab over, aka every 10 Seconds. He is one of those who want to onehit a HR as a DC in Heal Gear.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, this Buff for Hrs might be amazing for PVE, but in PVP its just pure madness. I play highend pvp with full R10s and i have every class. And HRs with good gear, good understanding about other classes and learn how to dogde when they should already wreck ANY class in PVP as it is. With this buff its GameOver its gonna be 5on5 Hrs in domination, except maybe maybe some diehard guys that never want to play any class other than its favourite.

Anyways tested to go up against a BiS Gwf on the testshard and he droped in 45sec give or take a few. Then i tested my GWF against a very good HR and i died in 45 too. I tested destroyer, senteinel and even SM, NOTHING worked, and if i could land a rotation the HR heald up to 90-95% hp again in a few sec while I was struggling to stay alive (which i didnt) All i want to say, if this goes live as it is right now it GG
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yes, this Buff for Hrs might be amazing for PVE, but in PVP its just pure madness. I play highend pvp with full R10s and i have every class. And HRs with good gear, good understanding about other classes and learn how to dogde when they should already wreck ANY class in PVP as it is. With this buff its GameOver its gonna be 5on5 Hrs in domination, except maybe maybe some diehard guys that never want to play any class other than its favourite.

Anyways tested to go up against a BiS Gwf on the testshard and he droped in 45sec give or take a few. Then i tested my GWF against a very good HR and i died in 45 too. I tested destroyer, senteinel and even SM, NOTHING worked, and if i could land a rotation the HR heald up to 90-95% hp again in a few sec while I was struggling to stay alive (which i didnt) All i want to say, if this goes live as it is right now it GG

How is an HR healing that much in Archery tree without wilds' medicine and a set-bonus with an internal cooldwon.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    How is an HR healing that much in Archery tree without wilds' medicine and a set-bonus with an internal cooldwon.

Never said he was archery tree, he was using a hybrid build at first. Then he switch to archery tree. He said: You would probably kill me this time. Funny thing is he did so much burst dmg that i died even faster. I cant see how any HR that plays pvp alot agree with this new buffs, unless they just wanna be supermegadonky OP.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Never said he was archery tree, he was using a hybrid build at first. Then he switch to archery tree. He said: You would probably kill me this time. Funny thing is he did so much burst dmg that i died even faster. I cant see how any HR that plays pvp alot agree with this new buffs, unless they just wanna be supermegadonky OP.

Well, that's why the HR community suggested on the limitation of Medicine to 10 stacks, and mentioned the messed up proccing of both the PvP set and Medicine (proccing from stuff that does no damage).
    They just haven't included the changes yet. I hope they do before July 4th....
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Well, that's why the HR community suggested on the limitation of Medicine to 10 stacks, and mentioned the messed up proccing of both the PvP set and Medicine (proccing from stuff that does no damage).
    They just haven't included the changes yet. I hope they do before July 4th....

Well even if they fixed it, it still doesnt make up for the insane dmg that archery tree is given to the HR. Toe to toe in a domination match the HR will be king, and on midcap aswell for that matter.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

Archery needs the buff in PVE to be viable. In PVP it might be great for burst but HR should die pretty fast to any focus. I know for example that if I do some PVE and then forget to put on my PVP set, I die really fast without the set-bonus healing (which is getting replaced my wilds medicine, which archery won't have).

Combat seems like overall a nerf to me. It's missing some great feats from live, and wilds medicine is just a replacement for the set bonus.

It's a little hard to test now because wilds medicine should be healing a lot less once they change it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Archery needs the buff in PVE to be viable. In PVP it might be great for burst but HR should die pretty fast to any focus.
    They aint, come at the testserver now, im there on my HR, bring your GWF.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    Tested Archery and some hybrid builds with T3 feats from archery (increase damage) and from trapper (increase roots duration): is a nice hybrid :).

Im from the start in NW was always full archery specs: overall dont like much the new archery path with zero CC control.
    The my build in live is alot more funny and tactical and much better.

With the increase damage is easy erase the low level mobs in Dead Ring and Sharedar (as was with the old split shot), but is a bit more challenge in IWD.

Soloing now in live Heroic Encounters in IWD is more easy and less dangerous, (I have full archery specs and 5 points in nature blessing for more heal from oakskin).

The heal nerf is huge with 20% lesser heal and the nerf of PvP set heal)... with my live build need lesser time (more self heal and more CC controls) and zero heal pots.. with the new archery need always heal pots and more time becouse need alot more double and triple dodge and the dps go down, also the new archery is lesser forgive with mistakes.

My 2 cents suggestion for a better full archery specs:
    lower the damage to 20/25% from 30%;
    lower the damage to 20% from 30% for prey in the capstone;
    add at the archery capstone 90' range (and cap... aspect of the falcon dont increase the range over 90');
    give a bit of usefull CC... 1 seconds AOE roots with costrict arrows and 2 seconds root (single target) with binding arrows.
    or just scroll down the feats and take a look at trapper.
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    already write that the hybrid with T3 feats from archery (increase dmg) and T3 from trapper (increase duration of roots) is a nice build, but is not good neither in PvP or PvE :)

and also the archery specs I think destroy the HR combat and HR trapper in PvP 1 vs 1.. 60% more dmg is a big boost.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    edited June 2014

In live now full archery is garbage... but in any case the live FOTM archery template is superior to the preview full archery... half healing and zero CC (and also alot lesser more funny).

Maybe a hybrid with T3 archery feat (increase 30% dmg) and T3 trapper feat (increase root duration) is similar to the live ranged HR, but with half healing.

For me the new archery is a nerf (a bit of more dmg, but zero flexibility), not a buff in PvP.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In live now full archery is garbage... but in any case the live FOTM archery template is superior to the preview full archery... half healing and zero CC (and also alot lesser more funny).

Maybe a hybrid with T3 archery feat (increase 30% dmg) and T3 trapper feat (increase root duration) is similar to the live ranged HR, but with half healing.

For me the new archery is a nerf (a bit of more dmg, but zero flexibility), not a buff in PvP.

You just be jokin right? I have a hard time taking u serioulsy... If they are protecting homenode and its a 1on1 situation, the HR will have a 60%!!! Dmg bonus and 50% lower CD. How is this garbage?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    lower CD (10-13 secs from 16-18) for archery dont means nothing... binding arrows and costrict arrows give about the same dmg of spli shot (heal from oakskin is a melee power and the CD is not lowered.. always 15 secs), but u have in preview zero CC... in live is some cases agaist the uber GWF (or the poor GF) die without give a hit, Always under CC.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    lower CD (10-13 secs from 16-18) for archery dont means nothing...
    You simply dont understand to much im afraid. The thing is you dont NEED that much CC (even if conarrow, and bindarrow stilla are CC) everything that even trys to challange the HR on a node will die, and they will die increadbly fast, this is nothing i just make up, its FACT. And if you dont believe me, jump on any toon and go on the testserver and fight me on my HR, its just madness.
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    .. 60% more dmg is a big boost.

Hi Syn100 out of interest how much are you hitting for At the max 60% and how often?
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    binding arrows and costrict arrows have a 0.25 second root (without trapper feats)... if u call that CC :)

and dont need the preview server.. come in live and try to contest a node... u die incredibly fast
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You simply dont understand to much im afraid. The thing is you dont NEED that much CC (even if conarrow, and bindarrow stilla are CC) everything that even trys to challange the HR on a node will die, and they will die increadbly fast, this is nothing i just make up, its FACT. And if you dont believe me, jump on any toon and go on the testserver and fight me on my HR, its just madness.

GWFs will have more problems, but an Archery HR should lose to a TR without any decent healing from the set-bonus or wilds medicine.

Also, without constricting arrow stuns, I think HRs are going to actually have some difficulty against CWs.

I think if you want to contest nodes you're going to want to go combat, and if you want to do more damage in a support capacity you'll do Archery.
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    binding arrows and costrict arrows have a 0.25 second root (without trapper feats)... if u call that CC :)

and dont need the preview server.. come in live and try to contest a node... u die incredibly fast

The amount of time may seem insignificant, but to a class that has it's casting times lengthened... We can't get a shot off in between.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Im a low gear HR (self balanced)... only 14K GS... in live my aimed shot has 8.7K base dmg... in preview 11.6K base dmg.

In live HR archery have a increase dmg from distance of 20%... so the increase dmg 30% from M4 is a + 10%, but in live u need distance... the fixed 30% is clearly alot better of the 20% from distance.

In live PvP I give a max of 18-20K with aimed shot (have also a lesser terror enchant that boost the damage and lower defence) in preview with prey the dmg is around 26-28K... but there are zero CC... in live is easy CC the target with binding arrows and costrict arrows and use aimed shot... in preview no :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In preview binding and costrict arrows for a full archery specs are now only a istant burst damage stuffs (4-5K base dmg each for mine)... a rotation with aimed shot + binding arrows + costrict arrows + destructive shot can reach easy 40-45K dmg in 4 seconds with my low gear HR, but that its all.. no more CC.

In live with my 3 CCs powers I have always the feeling of control the fight, in preview NO :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In preview binding and costrict arrows for a full archery specs are now only a istant burst damage stuffs (4-5K base dmg each for mine)... a rotation with aimed shot + binding arrows + costrict arrows + destructive shot can reach easy 40-45K dmg in 4 seconds with my low gear HR, but that its all.. no more CC.

Is that all?! FRom 1 rotation of a low gs guy. Guess doing 40-45K dmg in one raotaion isnt that bad flr the other player.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GWFs will have more problems, but an Archery HR should lose to a TR without any decent healing from the set-bonus or wilds medicine.

Also, without constricting arrow stuns, I think HRs are going to actually have some difficulty against CWs.

I think if you want to contest nodes you're going to want to go combat, and if you want to do more damage in a support capacity you'll do Archery.

Tested it vs TR, vs GWF and CW, aLL of them died like s**t, i could even do 2on1 vs the GWF and TR withoutr any problems.. Yes archer tree. Pls try to get in your mind how OP this is, and stop live in denial.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    [QUOTE=In live PvP I give a max of 18-20K with aimed shot (have also a lesser terror enchant that boost the damage and lower defence) in preview with prey the dmg is around 26-28K... [/QUOTE] Yeah seems very legit to crit for 28K with a gaddamn LESSER TERROR! lol
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That is the max (and usually against CWs) and for that spike value need also alot of debuffs on the target... against not debuffed GWFs or GFs u are lucky with 6-8K crit dmg with aimed shot in live.

Last week during a fight with a TR perma... I land a 18K aimed shot and the TR a 20K hit on mine in the same instant (and the TR die) and I remain with 1.2K HP... for 4-5 seconds I was think was a bug... How was it possible that the shot of the TR did not interrupt Aimed Shot?

After I realized that the TR was killed by the return damage from my boons... so is not only the HRs that have high damage shot.
  • Options
    marracenmarracen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some of this does seem over powered, until you play a HR.. Mauraders ESCAPE... useless, you can be damaged, controlled, and knocked down while "escaping". It's great to charge in, but the escape part is useless. Hunters mark, again, you can be knocked down, stunned, controlled, killed while mid attack. Gear... trying to build damage, aka arpen and power, while keeping your defenses viable, is next to impossible. I see gwfs with 12k power, 3k arpen, 3k defense 3k deflect... I can stack all rank 10 radiants and can't get anywhere near that. Unless you spend a ton of money on your HR, you can either be tanky, or put out a god amount of dmg. Right now, nature is the way to go. To me, it's no different than fighting a perma stealth TR, we are just visible. No matter what changes are made, people are going to find reasons to complain. Trying to make all the classes balanced is kind of idiotic. Cloth wearers shouldn't be able to out survive plate classes. If you want everything balanced, take all the classes away and just make one class. People want easy, period. If you think it's easy to play a end game HR in Domination vs 18-20k players.. try it some time. You goto change stances and cant cause you're stunned, knocked down etc.. Other classes don't have to worry about that change. We have a lot more to juggle and be aware of. I say give GF's thier own line, rather than a shared line. Make them the tanks they are supposed to be. Roar and that run speed could be toned down a little... Rank 10's and profound set bonus can't keep up with a gwf running away from you... DC and CW being immune to everything gets old, but can be worked around. Only issue I really see with CW's is they seem to ignore tenacity. A CW qwith a perfect vorpal is pretty freakin scary. This new timer to get on our mount needs to be looked at... Even after yo die, you can't mount up, if you change zones you can't mount up... it's getting annoying...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    jabsolum wrote: »
    I would like to provide some feedback on the Archer path. The Archer is discribed as a sniper who carefully picks her targets and it makes sense that high damage would be inflicted on said target. The general opinion though is that a little too much damage is being applied, and I believe this can be fixed with a capstone change and instead an added utility which would support the careful actions of a sniper.

I weould disagree with your supposed "general opinion."

"Role: Striker. You concentrate on either ranged attacks or two-weapon melee fighting to deal a lot of damage to one enemy at a time. Your attacks rely on speed and mobility, since you prefer to use hit-and-run tactics whenever possible"

"Archer Ranger: You are a master of the bow. You prefer ranged attack powers, and you resort to melee only when there are no good arrows left for your arrows. Most of your powers use Dexterity, so Dexterity should be your highest ability score. You find yourself in melee from time to time, so Strength should be your second highest ability score. Wisdom should be your third best ability score. Choose powers which reflect your preference to using ranged weapons."

The proposed capstone fits perfectly into what a ranger is: high damage. IDK why you seem to think the damage needs to be reduced. They are really not that heavy in damage and unlike the classes which do a lot of damage currently they actually are supposed to be topping damage charts.

On top of that capstones really should benefit all playstyles and should never funnel people into using specific powers. I know there were/are a few which do but those, IMO, should/were changed.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

"Role: Striker. You concentrate on either ranged attacks or two-weapon melee fighting to deal a lot of damage to one enemy at a time. Your attacks rely on speed and mobility, since you prefer to use hit-and-run tactics whenever possible"

"Archer Ranger: You are a master of the bow. You prefer ranged attack powers, and you resort to melee only when there are no good arrows left for your arrows. Most of your powers use Dexterity, so Dexterity should be your highest ability score. You find yourself in melee from time to time, so Strength should be your second highest ability score. Wisdom should be your third best ability score. Choose powers which reflect your preference to using ranged weapons."

The proposed capstone fits perfectly into what a ranger is: high damage. IDK why you seem to think the damage needs to be reduced. They are really not that heavy in damage and unlike the classes which do a lot of damage currently they actually are supposed to be topping damage charts.

On top of that capstones really should benefit all playstyles and should never funnel people into using specific powers. I know there were/are a few which do but those, IMO, should/were changed.

Well maybe not in PVE but in PVP the boost to the HR are just too much. We did some testing yesterday after we did some pvp with the devs. A 40K hp GF died in matter of seconds, and so does the GWF, nothing can compete with an HR in mod 4 as it is right now.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OP again , guess all class can go **** in mode 4.
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

I guess I should have clarified that my perspective is from a PVP standpoint in which the first round of Archer changes were overpowered. From a PVE perspective I think they were fine as is. I added this compromise because I knew PVP QQ's would manage to get our damage nerfed eventually and we would be left with 'OK" damage but still no form of CC.

What's sad now is that the Devs have taken our feedback and reduced the damage of the path but have not listened to proposed changes for better CC or a form of CC escape, given that Constricting Arrow was changed.

So this is what I see for the Archer path in the future.

1. Slightly better damage in PVE but still behind a CW in both damage and Control.

2. Decent damage but no form of control.

It's sad really. I have also tried myself to find a solution to this by investing in a Greater and Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment and testing them for viability due to the weakness in the Archer path. I have mentioned in the bug report section that these enchants are currently not working against control powers like Entangling Force and have asked if this is WAI, still no response.

I've come to understand now that the only posts worth writing are negative ones asking for scale backs in damage. No real creative changes will be made by the Devs.
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't understand why CWs don't know how to stay on their own class threads. Sometimes I swear they're the class that ask for the most nerfs. Not sure what game you swear you're playing but in this game the CW is not a Single Target Ranged DPS like in most games. They play the role of a support class, so you shouldn't expect to be able to beat a class that's supposed to be the 2nd if not the 1st best DPS class. Now lets put this in some terms that other MMOs use....

Hunter Ranger:1st class DPS, 1st class Healer, 3rd class Tank
    Trickster Rogue:1st class DPS, 3rd class Healer, 3rd class Tank
    Great Weapon Fighter:1st class DPS, 2nd class Healer, 1st class Tank
    Gaurdian Fighter:2nd class DPS, 3rd class Healer, 1st class Tank
    Control Wizard:2nd class DPS, 3rd class Healer, 3rd class Tank
    Devoted Cleric:3rd class DPS, 1st class Healer, 2nd class Tank

I'm almost certain that's how they're all supposed to go. If you guys would just realize this then maybe there wouldn't be so many nerf cries. However I'm somewhat ashamed that nobody is realizing that each class has a specific role and way of work.If you CWs don't want to play a support class and would rather top charts in DPS then be a 1st class DPS. In this game you deal moderate damage and you're squishy and can't heal. You picked the class in hope of it being as OP in this game as it is in others however you're out of luck. Reroll