Install Arc
Options

Known Issues: BoE and BoP items as well as long PvP queue time

Comments

• Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    Then give me back the money I've spent to upgrade mine to epic and the hours spent to level it. It's easy to talk from a convenient standpoint like yours, who obviously haven't bothered with this stone like me and others did. So, I'm waiting for your 1,25mil sir as "Things like this happen" and "It's not the end of the world"

Hang on a second - are you saying you participated in the exploit and you expect a refund?

I'm not particularly clear on that aspect. But it is rather important to know for the rest of my response.
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sidenti wrote: »
    Hang on a second - are you saying you participated in the exploit and you expect a refund?

I'm not particularly clear on that aspect. But it is rather important to know for the rest of my response.

No. I participated in the offer, I got my stone and leveled it painfully through daily quests and paid to make it epic 2-3 days after I got it.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I totally agree! I would hope those who are exploiting will just be banned. Many of us have put in a lot of work since those stones came out, not just leveling the stones, but on other things. It would be seriously unnecessary punishment to people who did nothing wrong and I've talked with some players who said they'll actually leave the game if a total rollback takes place. If there is a way to track "spam reported" players today that would be ideal...they're almost all trying to sell stones.
    Please find another alternative other than a rollback!

I Honnestly don't see how they can remove the profit of those who did not get the stone through the promotion and resold it with out a rollback.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    First of all, you will never convince me that you didn't know what was going on when you started lvling the stone. PE has been full of stone offers since the server came back on. So you knew something was wrong either when you bought the stone or when you picked it up from the reward vendor. If you don't have enough wits to wait and just ignore the whole thing till it actually affects you personally.. then maybe you deserve to have lost the AD. No personal offense. Just an observation.

I leveled my stone to epic before this bug existed dude wtf...
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Reading in zone chat about people that made 4000 gold on those stones can be good for the game if those people stays with all that gold from a exploit. but im sure pwe / cryptic finds a way to solve this after patch mess.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    I Honnestly don't see how they can remove the profit of those who did not get the stone through the promotion and resold it with out a rollback.

They can't. A roll back will make a lot more customers angry than leaving it in though. :/ In the end, no matter what we all say or feel about the issue, it is a customer service nightmare. I do feel bad for whoever has to make the final decision.
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tymora boxes are only rewarding 2k astros instead of 10k

only2k.png

Thank you for posting that pic Praxismirros, I was wondering how much the RADs where going to be this time around.

You saved me (imo) wasted time, in farming this event.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2014
    I am yet to find one person on the forum or in game that can explain what is ACTUALLY going on. So there's a promotion about transferring in 1000 zen where you get an ioun stone of radiance. It's supposed to be BoP but it's BoE. So what? Each account can only get 1 and under rather expensive circumstances. Considering people are selling them for 5 gold, I'm going to guess that there's a way to get an unlimited number of them. Is that the glitch? Because a simple binding problem wouldn't flood the market and get everyone's undees in a bundle if you can only ever get 1 per account anyway.
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shiralac wrote: »
    Thank you for posting that pic Praxismirros, I was wondering how much the RADs where going to be this time around.

You saved me (imo) wasted time, in farming this event.

Well according to the site you are supposed to get 10k from the box so its bugged too atm -_-
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xnordicx wrote: »
    Reading in zone chat about people that made 4000 gold on those stones can be good for the game if those people stays with all that gold from a exploit. but im sure pwe / cryptic finds a way to solve this after patch mess.
    Even Caturday did not get all the exploiters, just majority. Most are wise to keep quiet, then you read about someone bragging elsewhere the irony of their real 'Caturday Survivor' title. And that just hurts legit supporters.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am yet to find one person on the forum or in game that can explain what is ACTUALLY going on. So there's a promotion about transferring in 1000 zen where you get an ioun stone of radiance. It's supposed to be BoP but it's BoE. So what? Each account can only get 1 and under rather expensive circumstances. Considering people are selling them for 5 gold, I'm going to guess that there's a way to get an unlimited number of them. Is that the glitch? Because a simple binding problem wouldn't flood the market and get everyone's undees in a bundle if you can only ever get 1 per account anyway.

Yes, that is the problem. Funny thing is when this stone originally became available to the ones that participated in the offer it was BoP and it magically turned into BoE after this patch... Also what's the reasoning behind being able to get more than one per character? This is also true for another companion from the gift shop but its BoP so i guess that's fine.... or could this be broken too? be right back..
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They just said No Rollback on Twitter but a few fixes .

https://twitter.com/ShionobiWarrior/status/441742333713719297
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well according to the site you are supposed to get 10k from the box so its bugged too atm -_-

Still bugged or not, saves me from wasting my time right now. I'm just not playign until the maintenace is completed, schedule for tonight.

EDIT: Seeing as they confirmed that no rollbacks will be done, i might as well continue leveling up my character.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The stone is an account unlock. Meaning evey character, current and future, gets the stone, not 'one per account'.
  • Options
    m3fanm3fan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Not to be the one to punt on this, but it is completely against the rules of the Forums to discuss the specifics of any in game exploits. So I doubt anyone is going to be stupid enough to go into detail on this.
  • Options
    magrynmagryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Expectations of the improvements to PvP (as advertised) - a major fail. On the bright side .. Cryptic don't manufacture aircraft..
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We'll be performing maintenance starting at 9PM PST tonight to address these issues. For our maintenance thread, please click here.
  • Options
    desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2014
    The stone is an account unlock. Meaning evey character, current and future, gets the stone, not 'one per account'.
    Well then I have a reason to be pissed. I got the e-mail, charged more than 1000 zen in that period, and the rewards vendor still says I don't qualify for anything. Am I missing something here? In fact, this is the 2nd time that I've not qualified for something that I actually did in reality.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We'll be performing maintenance starting at 9PM PST tonight to address these issues. For our maintenance thread, please click here.

Is any action going to be taken against players who took advantage of the bug ? I'm sure you must be in a position to answer this by now please?

Considering the bug is ongoing and you are letting it run another 3 and a half hours I really hope you are...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well then I have a reason to be pissed. I got the e-mail, charged more than 1000 zen in that period, and the rewards vendor still says I don't qualify for anything. Am I missing something here? In fact, this is the 2nd time that I've not qualified for something that I actually did in reality.
    If your email is the recent one, then only expect your stone after the 10th.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So is it safe to go in and play yet? I missed this event last time and I'm dying to run my 2 new toons through it, but I don't want to bother yet if there's going to be a rollback. Heck, I don't even want to go questing at the moment if I'm going to have to redo it all later.

I guess now's a good chance to run to the store for more event snacks :D

Any "official" updates here are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No rollback as per a twitter post. Just fixes.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    No rollback as per a twitter post. Just fixes.

Yeah, too soon to tell since there is no details once again, we will see, but from past history it safe to presume that exploiters are once again "lucky".
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow, people have no shame. Still so many on there exploiting this....
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    just cause there is no rollback doesn't mean they aren't doing something else to fix this
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Last time there was a major game wide item exploit the devs just called the cheaters lucky and didn't seem to care. Dungeons go months unfixed and exploiters farm them without suffering any recourse. Exploit early and exploit often is the message this sends.
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Yeah, too soon to tell since there is no details once again, we will see, but from past history it safe to presume that exploiters are once again "lucky".

People forget two factors in the decision the last time an exploit like this happened.
    1. It happened the day of the Module 2 patch, which had a lot of advertising on other sites.
    2. The last time a rollback happened (caturday), the servers were offline for 12 hours. You can expect any attempt to manually remove the horses without a rollback to take almost as long. These two facts lead us to...
    3. Any significant downtime on that day would have cut into their profit margins more than just letting people keep the horses.

So unless Cryptic stealth added Module 3 today the odds are that they may be issuing punishments and/or removing ill gotten gains from the patch.
This discussion has been closed.