test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ioun Stone of Radiance?

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a freaky coincidence! WHEN does this promo START? I just purchased exactly 1000 Z (directly into Neverwinter via ARC web site) today around 1PM Pacific. Did I make it into the promo zone? LOL
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    nap1985 wrote: »
    Is there an official thread/page/site for this offer? Or just the email? Transferred 600 zen yesterday before I got the email, assuming that wont count towards the 1k minimum.

Email I think
    edited February 2014
    This is a freaky coincidence! WHEN does this promo START? I just purchased exactly 1000 Z (directly into Neverwinter via ARC web site) today around 1PM Pacific. Did I make it into the promo zone? LOL

Good news, bad news. You WERE in the timeslot that the promo is running in so there is a chance you do get it. However, if you are asking about it chances are you didn't get an email and aren't part of the selected participants. Thus, you might not get the reward
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a few questions about this since there have been conflicting information/arguments/poor english on this thread:

1. Is the "Ioun Stone of Radiance" account wide if you transfer 1000 zen into neverwinter?

2. Is the "Ioun Stone of Radiance" technically the same as "Ioun Stone of Allure" except different stats and that its uncommon and cannot level as high?

Quoted:
    Your Ioun Stone of Radiance will be delivered directly to your account within 48
    hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account
    from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave.

• nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You WERE in the timeslot that the promo is running in so there is a chance you do get it.

Happen to know when exactly transfers started counting towards the promo?
    edited February 2014
    Good news, bad news. You WERE in the timeslot that the promo is running in so there is a chance you do get it. However, if you are asking about it chances are you didn't get an email and aren't part of the selected participants. Thus, you might not get the reward

Oh, IO got the email.

I happened to buy 1000 Zen through ARC Web Site (which transfers directly to the game - I chose Neverwinter) - checking my PayPal receipt - it was around 11AM Pacific. Then I get home (now) and see this email with the offer.

I also understand from other comments that this is for people who actually bought Zen (not just transferred from wallet to NW) - which is what I did. But since I bought it at 11 AM - I just don;t know if I qualified or if the offer is asking me to add ANOTHER 1000 Zen before expired. LOL
    edited February 2014

Yes- THIS is the question.
    edited February 2014

I got mine 12pm pacific.

Don't know if some people got theirs before that
    edited February 2014
    I got mine 12pm pacific.

Thanks! Since I purchased the zen today (and went direct to NW) I should be well within the offer-zone. I love it when I am pleasantly surpassed by these things for doing something I was going to do anyway. :-) Poo-poo on the naysayers; Cryptic/ARC/PWE rocks.
  • pineapples01pineapples01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Purchased over 1000 zen and transferred it I have no email or anything
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a few questions about this since there have been conflicting information/arguments/poor english on this thread:

1. Is the "Ioun Stone of Radiance" account wide if you transfer 1000 zen into neverwinter?

2. Is the "Ioun Stone of Radiance" technically the same as "Ioun Stone of Allure" except different stats and that its uncommon and cannot level as high?

It can be lvled up to purple, like any other companion, but it starts off as green so you got an extra step and more ad to spend.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Yay, free stone. Too bad the Zen I just transferred was used to buy a stone. Had I known, I could have saved 1200 Zen.
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got mine 12pm pacific.

Got the stone reward already? Or the email?
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does zen bought through steam not count for some reason?
  • kyram8kyram8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am wondering the same thing....
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    The trade-off is that this one is for all characters on your account, and that the 1000 Zen that you transfer is not used on the companion itself. You still have that Zen to spend. Some people will choose to participate for these reasons, some people won't.

I think most players agree that it's a great offer , don't take the complaints the wrong way , its just that it's a rather confusing way to run such offers , I think most players who spend would much rather see an organised biweekly or monthly spender event that is advertised on the forum and arc and on the games launcher that anybody who wants to can take part in instead of these secret events that only serve to make players mad .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I think most players agree that it's a great offer , don't take the complaints the wrong way , its just that it's a rather confusing way to run such offers , I think most players who spend would much rather see an organised biweekly or monthly spender event that is advertised on the forum and arc and on the games launcher that anybody who wants to can take part in instead of these secret events that only serve to make players mad .

It's a great offer. I was going to buy some zen next month but hey ho I can afford to buy 1000 zen this month. Getting the free ioun stones on all my characters is just a nifty bonus.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a great offer. I was going to buy some zen next month but hey ho I can afford to buy 1000 zen this month. Getting the free ioun stones on all my characters is just a nifty bonus.

It's a very good offer and account wide too so all my characters will finally have a decent augment , it just seems that many players are confused about not getting emails and the GM sounded a bit downhearted when all he is trying to do is give a little free bonus to players who buy zen so I just suggested that maybe doing these events for everybody in future would stop everybody not knowing whats going on lol.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • stonesbreakbonesstonesbreakbones Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I recently bought zen, and transferred it from my wallet to my account on the dragon server. However, I didn't get an email with this offer. What do I need to do to take advantage of this cool promotion? I'd like to get a stone for my alts!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got the email today and went ahead and bought Zen. Six of my eight have augments already, but two don't, and I'll probably roll a ranger at some point, and then there's the next class. I may use the Radiance stone on my main cleric as well, just to make it easier to switch between soloing stats and healing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • erioldarkerioldark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Having a stone on each character for only 10 dolars is a great deal!
    I have the aioun of allure so i but this new stone Allure, although it's green, has 3 slot offense so on epic level you have more power...
  • heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    I recently bought zen, and transferred it from my wallet to my account on the dragon server. However, I didn't get an email with this offer. What do I need to do to take advantage of this cool promotion? I'd like to get a stone for my alts!

Check your spam filter, or that you are opted into receiving emails from PWE. I verified that the email address attached to your forum name is indeed on the list of users that qualified this week.

I again urge others to do the same if they believe they recently transferred in Zen and haven't seen this email yet.
  • heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Purchased over 1000 zen and transferred it I have no email or anything

The same goes for you, my friend. Check your spam filter.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    They probably emptied their spam folders without looking. I found an offer in one of mine.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I gotta admit - this is very tempting. Account-wide companions are just so much more attractive than single-purchases.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2014
    I just got this email as well and transferred in 2000 zen via an ultimate game card, but don't see a stone available at the rewards claim vendor. Are ultimate game cards eligible for this offer? It doesn't specify either way in the advertisement, but the 2000 zen was transferred all the same.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ill ask again now that a dev is answering, do steam purchases of zen not count? Because it seems like mine doesnt.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    I just got this email as well and transferred in 2000 zen via an ultimate game card, but don't see a stone available at the rewards claim vendor. Are ultimate game cards eligible for this offer? It doesn't specify either way in the advertisement, but the 2000 zen was transferred all the same.
    And you wont until up to 48 hours after the event expires, as per advertised in the e-mail.

It was exactly the same with the storm rider companion promo, and that worked fine.
    edited February 2014
    Got the stone reward already? Or the email?

Haven't purchased any zen in months. Just got the email
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Haven't purchased any zen in months. Just got the email

It doesn't matter when you purchase the zen, only when you transfer to the live server. For example, I often buy zen during the 15% sales and leave it on my PWE wallet. Then I move it to specific games (I play all three cryptic games) only when I have a reason to (since I never have a lot of money so I can't just dump it into all three, I have to be careful).

If you did the same, that could be how you qualified even if you bought the zen a long time ago.
This discussion has been closed.