test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2017

SW curses (except for TT) should be visible only to SW that put it, because other SW are not affected by curse installed by others, but it is hard to check if curse is missing. The curse should be also instant cast (there is a delay due to key press and targeting anyway), because other classes usualy wipe mob group while SW is putting three curses.

There is a good reason IMO for the curse to be visible to all the party, that way if there are single target debuffs that are being used (like bane or PoD) the players can know better who the best target is for their actions. If the curse wasn't visible then they would be left guessing who the SW had chosen.

It would be helpful though if there was an easier way to differentiate whose curse was whose though that is for sure
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement has been adjusted to no longer have 2 charges. The initial cast is now doubly effective, achieving the same results that previously required using both charges on the same target. As a result of these changes, the effect of the feat "spell twisting" now works correctly with the spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement.

it having 2 charges was a great mechanic to the skill example being boss fights like the lostmoth scorpions. i think if u going to remove this to same to icy rays also there is no point in it targeting 2 things ether i would guess..
    on subject of companions and lostmoth tho.....

compaions can not jump lava effectnly most get stuck or jump to there deaths. going from camfire to the door to fight the scorpions is one place the others is both the left and right path makes u jump over the lava traps and some compaions can not make this jump for some reason.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Bug: Griffon's Wrath.

Since GW has a 3xstack, the bug happens when you have zero usages of GW. It 'adds' two, but really it only adds one. So, the counter on GW goes from zero to two (use one) back to zero.

And, with my earlier post, there is almost no way to stop GW at 3 full charges to use only one, unless you use some kind of animation canceling in between the first forward swing and the backhand swing from one mouse button press. If a GF wants to use GW as a means to keep Crushing pin buff on a single target like a boss, this 2 swings in a row causes some issue.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Bug: 2xKnight's Valor Reflect and Jagged Blades Synergy

If you have two GFs in a party, and they both run Knights Valor, you get a phenomenon where damage is shared between them at 1hp each. Moreover, a special light show happens too, which slows down the screen and fps for everyone.

Moreover, if one (or both of the GF's) have Jagged Blades and one (or both) of the GF(s) crits, then the jagged blades will tick super fast.

This bug is similar to the old OP-GF synergy bug from mod 6, where the GF could feed the OP's binding oath with KV and guarded assault with super fast ticks and then explode for millions of damage...

Except here, there is super damage mitigation and super jagged blades applied.

Bug: Taunt at speed

The consistent of the Tab Taunt by a Guardian Fighter seems affected by moving at speed. For example, if you run to some distance of a mob (lets say first mob at eSOT) and stay still and then taunt while standing still, the particular enemy receives the taunt (visible by the unfilled X) and the mob moves towards you. However, if you were to repeat the same scenario while moving at speed: for example, hitting ITF and then taunting while running toward the enemy with the enemy in the circule, OR to use tab to do a targetted dismount OR to be moving under a normal run... then the taunt is not consistently applied. The tab taunt must be applied 3-4x or there is a short distance before the enemy receives the taunt.

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    BUG(I Think): Final boss fight in FBI, if you get stuck in ice and soulforge your companion is gone. Not dead,
    but gone and needs to be resummoned after the fight or wipe.
    Bug: Combat Superiority Offhand Artifact Bonus

The description of the bonus seems to imply that combat superiority must be applied to the mob before there is any kind of threat generation. However, if you have CS slotted as a class power AND have the offhand power selected, you can STAND next to any mob and aggro them even though you never attack. This includes any mob, including a level 70 character aggroing lvl 6 mobs in Blacklake District. Actually, the AOE aggro threat is really much desired, more than what is written. Could the description be changed to match what actually happens?

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

On this topic, while playtesting some upcoming boss encounters we were having so many issues with pillar of power that our FX team has already—as of a few weeks ago on our Module 13 build—changed pillar of power such that parts of it are semi-transparent and it is now possible to clearly see AoE indicators through it.

They're also looking into adjustments to icy terrain as one of the other biggest offenders. So look forward to some improvements with these effects.

Oh man, this has to be one of the biggest nerfs ever to my conTROLL wizard for lostmauth.

Don't worry, I only troll my friends.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Bug:
    If I remember right the hunter ranger's at will aimed shot doesn't have the correct level weapon damage based on stance.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @miasmat here is a video showing what happens when a target teleports/rolls/blinks/runs/moves behind a wall mid-dash. This is the only way I could repeat it in a controlled environment, so some of the strange warping/rubberbanding doesn't happen (because I cannot move anyways).

It also shows the issue where Marauder's Escape doesn't work while midair

A link because twitch videos aren't working properly

Hopefully this helps find the issues talked about earlier.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    chemjeff said:

sgrantdev said:

The following skills don’t proc Weapon Enchantments:
    Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    (both as Normal cast and Curse Consume cast)
    Pillar of Power (procs Lightning only once, despite being an Entity skill)
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

These should be fixed now.

A couple of notes:
    Immolation Spheres: will take some more time to figure out because of the nature of this power

Entity based abilities and weapon enchants: The past couple of weeks we have been discussing how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is that the proc (for enchants that have procs) should fire once on activation of the ability. This means that "entity" based powers should proc initially and no more after that. If there is a case where something needs to work different it should be noted in the tooltip.

I am going to look into the rest of these next, but I wanted to let you all know that I was able to fix a chunk of these today.

@sgrantdev if you do this, the only class which will use these weapon enchantments is GWF and that is it. If you want to completely kill weapon enchant diversity, this sure is the way to do it, since it will be a case of, "if you are a gwf, you can use holy/lightning and if you are anything else, you can use fey, dread or vorp."

The fact of the matter is, there are only 2 situations where using these enchantments is good. The first is if you can proc it multiple times on a single ability and the second is if the ability coefficient of the base skill that constitutes most of your damage is low. GWF spams at wills for most of their damage and for no other class this is the case, so it means they will be the only class that can benefit from them.

As it currently stands as a CW, I will fully admit that the class relies entirely on procs for damage, which, tbh, kind of sucks. This change is pretty much just a nerf to the CW class and that is it, where a large portion of your damage comes from these entity type powers. If you don't like the fact that CW relies entirely on procs for damage, I can understand the reasoning, I don't either, but unless you intend to completely redesign the class so it can actually do damage without procs, this change isn't warranted.
    I don't know where this GWF hate comes from, lots of classes get the bulk of their damage from non-entity powers. And, TR's also derive a great deal of their damage from at-wills, such as Duelist's Flurry (I don't play a TR, I am just speculating here).
    I don't agree with a good sized chunk of your post. You are partially correct about where TR damage comes from though @thefabricant is still right about the enchantment stuff. I also don't think there was any GWF hate in @thefabricant 's post, he is just pointing out facts.

TRs for PVE do get most of their damage from at will powers. However from what I understand, the reason lightning or other non meta enchantments aren't getting used much on TRs is because they don't proc on our DOT effects, such as the bleeds from Duelist's flurry (our primary dps at will power) or smokebomb (one of our strongest dps encounter powers). The meta enchantments apply to more of our important damage sources than the non meta enchantments do. If by the end of the fight, the non meta enchantments did enough damage per proc to add up to a similar total damage to the meta enchantments, it wouldn't matter as much that non meta enchantments don't proc on TR DOTs. This is however not the case and the non meta enchantments end up falling behind the meta ones for TRs in most situations.

In PVP, TRs haven't been getting much damage from their at will powers for quite some time now. Our dps for most of our powers is too weak in PVP to be reliable. Instead, PVP TRs use their damage powers to power up Shadow of demise and we are reliant on shadow of demise for almost all of our PVP damage. TRs before SOD got buffed, mostly relied on their daily power shocking execution for damage.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    bawkru said:

The spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement has been adjusted to no longer have 2 charges. The initial cast is now doubly effective, achieving the same results that previously required using both charges on the same target. As a result of these changes, the effect of the feat "spell twisting" now works correctly with the spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement.

it having 2 charges was a great mechanic to the skill example being boss fights like the lostmoth scorpions. i think if u going to remove this to same to icy rays also there is no point in it targeting 2 things ether i would guess..
    on subject of companions and lostmoth tho.....

compaions can not jump lava effectnly most get stuck or jump to there deaths. going from camfire to the door to fight the scorpions is one place the others is both the left and right path makes u jump over the lava traps and some compaions can not make this jump for some reason.

You realise that the charges don't recharge at the same time, right? So after the initial double cast, you're only getting casts at the rate your recovery allows, without the benefit of spell twisting, WORSE than having it off tab. If you really wanted to have it up on two targets, having it on tab is a stupid choice. With the new change you can still alternate targets with it, but now each target suffers double the effect as previously. This also makes the change better for AP gain and damage, not worse.

The actual disadvantage of losing the double charge mechanic is that you don't automatically get to maximize your recharge timers, which is far outweighed by the benefit of having spell twisting work on it.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    The dev asked if we knew any other place where teleport companions die... Is it the same case with Tiamat? They cant teleport behind heads, or can they?
  • mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Never hurts to ask. Are dungeon delves a thing of the past or bugged and not showing in calender? Just wondering, really wanting the Many Arrows bloody armor.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

Never hurts to ask. Are dungeon delves a thing of the past or bugged and not showing in calender? Just wondering, really wanting the Many Arrows bloody armor.

Dungeon delves is now history.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017

The reason everyone is talking that the multiproc with weapon enchants is so important is that It will fix the damage output of classes like TR and SW. There may not even be need for a rework of those classes.

Erm... no, making it so enchantments proc with smokebomb/path of the blade will not singlehandedly fix our dps problems. This bugfix will noticably improve TR dps but it is in no way a suitable replacement for a proper TR class rework.

There is a specific TR bugfix I'd like to emphasize here as its actually pretty important, it would pair well with the weapon enchantment POTB/SB bugfix and would also help improve TR overall dps:

All TR Crowd Control Effects:
    Crowd control effects gamewide are supposed to grant combat advantage against the afflicted target. The daze from dazing strike is currently the only TR control effect that grants combat advantage. All other TR CCs, including all other TR dazes, fail to grant combat advantage.

Making it so TR CCs properly grant CA will mostly benifit PVP TRs, though it is still very much worth doing. It will help raise the overall dps of PVP TRs, something they will be needing more of when SOD eventually does get adjusted. Unlike increases to piercing damage, this change won't create a conflict of interest when it comes to balancing TR powers for both gamemodes. PVE TRs also need buffs to their overall dps so any PVP oreinted buffs must not prevent PVE TRs from receiving the damage buffs they also need.

The reason why this fix would effect PVP TRs more than it would PVE TRs is because in PVE, you end up maintaining almost constant combat advantage with minimal effort. In PVP, combat advantage is harder to get and harder to maintain.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

BUG(I Think): Final boss fight in FBI, if you get stuck in ice and soulforge your companion is gone. Not dead,
    but gone and needs to be resummoned after the fight or wipe.

Yes i soulforged once and it showed my pet next to my char avatar, but wasnt showing summoned on the fight
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    BUG:

Treasure Maps on River District don't loot their coffer
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    brewald said:

BUG:

I've never had an issue with it and I've opened quite a lot of them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • @asterdahl Can we look into the SW killing flames power? I get a 1/4 of damage to actual lvl 73 enemies then what I get to the (left) lvl 73 dummy in chult.. I think it might be getting mitigated as well.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

brewald said:

BUG:

I've never had an issue with it and I've opened quite a lot of them.
    Aggree with you, but since few days, I can't loot them, they don't appear after having dug.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • syllie#0873 syllie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Underdark Campaign > Gather Stronghold Supplies. Rewards suggest your choice of Basic Astral Diamond Voucher, Basic Labor Voucher, Basic Gems Voucher.

Bug: The rewards pack suggests as per campaign but on opening, iInstead of Basic Astral Diamond Voucher, the Basic Gold Voucher is offered. Not as expected.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    miasmat said:

scathias said:

And on that note, you devs have done a great job looking at combat mechanics bugs and such, but could you please spend a couple days going through the guild UI issues that many people brought up...

I've been a slacker and haven't been responding in this thread nearly enough to reflect what the UI and Software teams are doing. We are currently acting on a bunch of the guild changes but not all of them.

UI stuff isn't particularly harder than other tasks, but it is done by a department that has a lot of competing demands on it, so your request is more likely to get deprioritized and delayed.

Some of the changes that I know are done or nearly done regarding Guilds:
    - logs will now differentiate between quit and kick, and show who kicked if there is one.
    - adding a command to export various guild logs.

We won't be increasing the size of the various guild logs because that would add too much stored data when multiplied by all guilds. However, if you're ok with NOT including the "Name has reached level ##" messages, we can use the same number of messages (I think it's 500 right now) to hold more useful messages like "Name has joined, after being invited by Name2". Good trade?

That's a good trade.

In export, any chance for the log lines to have auto increment ID, even a cyclic one of say 1k (preferably more, but with 500 total lines that will also work). So when exporting they can be easily stitched together.

For example if I've exported today and got

Line ID | Log line
    200 Something something
    500 Bla Bla

Over 24 hours I got 300 new events, next day export will be:

500 Bla Bla
    1000 Something else

When stitching together, it will be easy to discard events 500-700 at the second export because they exist already from the first. This is very important for donation logs.

• darc12345darc12345 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Trickster Rogue's Duelist Flurry bug. Is there any plans to address this bug?

Trickster Rogue (TR):
    1. Duelist Flurry issues where all or an certain amount of flurries do not register damage due to lag.

2. Duelist Flurry issues where enemy reaches 10 stacks of bleeds from a low DPS TR but it causes other TR's duelist flurry bleeds to share the bleeds based the 1st TR's damaged who applied the flurries. The bug exist regardless if 3 TRs all applied 1 stack of bleed each, the combined bleed damage is still shared.

3. Duelist Flurry reaching 10 stacks bleeds and unable to refresh bleed damage based on buff/debuff. Bug causes TR to deal less damage when buff/debuff are not applied prior to applying duelist flurry bleeds, especially an issue when TR's damage bonus feats do not apply (Deathknell, Last Moments, i.e.). Meaning 100k Duelist Flurry bleeds applied on bosses, remains 100k bleeds regardless of damage bonuses gained after bleeds are applied.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

The dev asked if we knew any other place where teleport companions die... Is it the same case with Tiamat? They cant teleport behind heads, or can they?

If you jump between platforms instead of going around they sometimes just give up the will to live and join the abyss. Never seen them jump behind the heads at all though, I don't there is any valid space for them to jump to.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Certain powers on ground powers (SW PoP, CW IT, OP CoP, and DC HG) make it hard to see red zones and sometimes even loot (SW PoP is worst offender here). Please make all these powers transparent with intesity (alpha) of half of DC HG. This is really annoying on boss fights.

On this topic, while playtesting some upcoming boss encounters we were having so many issues with pillar of power that our FX team has already—as of a few weeks ago on our Module 13 build—changed pillar of power such that parts of it are semi-transparent and it is now possible to clearly see AoE indicators through it.

They're also looking into adjustments to icy terrain as one of the other biggest offenders. So look forward to some improvements with these effects.
    OMG!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you......

it was so difficult to have PoP flaring up like that and not being able to see AoE's.....
    edited October 2017

blur#5900 said:

If you jump between platforms instead of going around they sometimes just give up the will to live and join the abyss. Never seen them jump behind the heads at all though, I don't there is any valid space for them to jump to.
    This jumping also occurs in eTOS, after the second boss, where you encounter the two phase spiders that can be avoided. If players elect to jump the chasm instead of kicking down the bridge, the companion will sometimes get stuck, sometimes jump into the abyss.

This discussion has been closed.