test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    * Wanderer's Fortune notification popping when no item is actually received.
    * Fix item name "Wootz Steel Ignots", makes it hard to search for them in AH.
    * Chat tab problem - when you're typing something in the chat and a loading screen happens, the chat tab doesn't fade out and stays up obscuring the view. It stays that way until the next loading screen.
    * Some Chult items can't be crafted - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234751/leagues-assault-josan-leatherworking-task
    * Enemies in Chult sometimes drop rank 4s which probably shouldn't be happening (I mostly get them from that one group of batiris in the north-west corner of batiri camp (behind the tents).
    * HR powers Forest Ghost, Plant Growth, Gushing Wound are very fiddly to activate during heavy combat. Sometimes the button must be pressed multiple times to get them to activate. This may be a lag problem though, I can't reproduce it with training dummies and it mostly happens when in a party.
    * TR power Lashing Blade should require target, too easy to accidentally spend it.
    * One of the Chult pirate patrols has a slight sound problem when you're getting on the boat at the end. The sound cuts in and out. Also companion doesn't follow the player on to the boat.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Propably not a bug but annoying behaviour of flying companions like sprites.

The problem they get much easier lost then footed companions like drakes, lions, mercenaries.
    For example: Ambush drake and golden lion - I get on my mount and start moving, after a short duration the companion disappers. When I get off the mount, it shows up right beside me and we can start fighting, proc'ing the bondings.
    Well flying companions are a much different story, they try to fly after me for quite a while. That leads to the fact that in RD and in Chult the companion is "ALWAYS" on the other side of the map, a couple hundred feet away, The game AI tries to find the right way. Best case for me is, that the companion finds something to fight and dies. This is especially un-nerfing in chult.

Would it be possible that all the "flying" companions have the same logic applied as footed companions, you ride the mount for short time and it just "disappears" and then appear right beside me.

Funny is, the flying/floating archons do not behave like that.

Thx for looking into it.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Not sure if this is class specific but I noticed this with my Devoted Cleric. When gaining an extra Action Point from overflowed experience. After I have spent it on my current layout, and switched to the other loadout, I have to first click out of the Powers tab, then click back to Powers tab in order to see the proper encounters, dailies and class feature from another paragon tree. I only have 2 loadouts (each is a different paragon).

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    MSVA - Svardbard sometimes stops fighting and taking damage, sometimes can be remedied by all players re-logging
    Lostmauth flies off to begin the transition to the scene where everyone has to stand in the center and dodge falling death, but then he comes back, obscuring the view... seems to be happening more often
    Orcus does the same thing at times when we transition to the zombie escape phase... he's just standing there watching
  • lifesongxboxlifesongxbox Member Posts: 24 Arc User

AOE target help

At least for HRs some with AOEs the target help aims behind the target, alot.

Could you fix it so the AOEs drop on target when using AOE target help.

Thank you.

I very much agree on this one. Still allow it to be moved to a custom location, but by default, it should target under the current target. If not in PVP, items like Cordon of Arrows should NOT auto target things like friendlies, companions, or even your mailbox. Currently, it really slows down your attacks, causes a lot of missed attacks, and forces you to put the camera as high in the air as possible so you are looking down (at least when next to the enemy) to try and get your arrows under the right target.
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When you have Combustive Action slotted, Oppressive Force inflicts the debuff on yourself.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    einsieg said:

When you have Combustive Action slotted, Oppressive Force inflicts the debuff on yourself.

And with furious immolation and i think and with ice storm. general aoe dailies apply the combustive to the caster.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @w00trandomsnoobi said:
    * Chat tab problem - when you're typing something in the chat and a loading screen happens, the chat tab doesn't fade out and stays up obscuring the view. It stays that way until the next loading screen.

You can fix this by hitting Esc twice.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    eldeskal said:

Lastly a question: Is Icewind Dale domination PVP still broken? I haven't checked in at least a year.

Yes, it does still get stuck and then the instance will remain bugged until it closes. Sometimes this is until the next maintenance.

Enemies in Chult sometimes drop rank 4s which probably shouldn't be happening (I mostly get them from that one group of batiris in the north-west corner of batiri camp (behind the tents).

Minion type mobs of level 70+ can drop rank 4s instead of rank 5s. This is also true on preview, where they will drop a lower tier of gemstone (haven't memorized the names) than the usual Black Pearl. I think it's working as intended.

------------------------------------

In addition to companions getting stuck on that one patrol raft, some companion AI won't let them cross traps and other boundaries. The Vicious Dire Wolf is extremely trap-shy. It also won't cross the bridge to the first boss in Temple of the Spider, though you can deke to the right and resummon prior to combat. Noticed this with the Stalwart Lion as well, but various humanoid companions were happy to follow me.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Though not a "bug" ... but annoying and a hindrance....

SW
    Pillar of Power: Can we please get the visual effect to be less bright? Right now.. its so bright that if there is a AoE splat that targets on it... we can't see it to try and avoid damage.
    Some visual bugs with a timeframe of "since forever" (game debut or class debut). Trying to find threads with illustrations but these take literally no effort to replicate. You only have to look at any character with the appropriate attribute, as it applies to all of them.

Male GWF avatar, sword clips forward through leg. Despite there being some initial disagreement over whether it happened all the time or not, I think it's true of all races and body types. Female avatars are fine (swords hang down freely).
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/527790/gwf-severe-weapon-clipping

Female HR avatar, bow swings back at an impossible unsupported angle. Male avatars are fine (bow obeys gravity).
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/529105/petition-to-fix-female-hr-bow-problem

Layered hairstyle on any race or sex "smears" upwards when the character is mounted.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/518966/a-hairy-problem

I also found an old list I made. Some of the items I listed are not currently in the game, but if they are being restored per Robert's hopes, should be fixed.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/554071/consolidated-appearance-bug-thread

Neverwinter Census 2017

• nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User

Some visual bugs with a timeframe of "since forever" (game debut or class debut). Trying to find threads with illustrations but these take literally no effort to replicate. You only have to look at any character with the appropriate attribute, as it applies to all of them.

In the same vein:

Male HR Avatars' tilt their heads downward when standing out of combat. Like, a lot. Stop staring down there, I'm up here.
    Dread Ring Neverwinter Guards frequently abandon their posts, either pulled too far from the camp to leash back to the gates they should be... uh, guarding... or they aggro to the training dummies right in the camp and cannot be deterred from attacking the harmless dummies instead of the threatening zombie hordes.

Also, one of these guards uses the idle animations of an Aranea, which gets fairly uncanny valley when she summons a spider swarm.

The Caer Konig demon hunter uses one of the voiced lines of the Dread Ring demon hunter. I don't know if this was put in because there wasn't a usable recording from the CKDH actor, or if it's a mistake, but as their voices are very different, the mismatch is super-jarring. Better to just not have voiceover on that line at all than the CKDH speak in two voices.

Neverwinter Census 2017

nirafelos said:

In the same vein:

Male HR Avatars' tilt their heads downward when standing out of combat. Like, a lot. Stop staring down there, I'm up here.
    Difference between a bug and an aesthetic choice you don't care for. As far as anyone knows, the HR shoegaze was completely intentional. They all do it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

all my older legendary dod rings are still character bound and not account bound......BUG

This is not a bug, it was stated in the patch notes when the ostorian rings were made BoA that only new rings that dropped after that patch would be BoA and all previous rings would retain their BoP bind state
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I may have missed it in the topic, but if you could fix the annoying 5 min wait time on 1st phase of Edemo during your Octobug fix that would be awesome.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    An additional visual bug in the vein of Becky's list: At rest shields don't actually connect to the owner if the shield. I used to think this was just an issue with female characters or certain bodystyles but it actually affects NPCs like the Master of the Hunt and that turncoat guy in Bryn Shander.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    My main is a Control Wizard and the Bug that annoys me the most is with the power Icy Ray and the feat Spell Twisting:

When Icy Ray is on mastery slot is cool-down is not reduced by Spell Twisting.

It's possible to temporary fix the bug by doing a weird trick.

If you slot Icy Ray on a regular slot and you use it one time, after this if you change it to your mastery slot, when you have a spell twisting stack and you use an at-will the cool-down of Icy Ray is reduced correctly.

Some more info that could help you find something :

When you have fixed it with the trick above, you can slot an other power in your mastery slot and directly slot Icy Ray again in mastery slot and spell twisting will continue to work as intended.

If you go at a camp fire you can load an other load-out and slot Icy Ray directly to mastery slot and spell twisting will continue to work as intended.

The fixed state with the trick is temporary because if you change instance, the bug is back and you need to slot icy ray in a regular slot, use it one time, drag it to your spell mastery slot to fix it again.

It seems that doing the trick add a flag somewhere and the flag is reset when you change instance.

In a boss fights is too much management and too risky to do the trick, the cool-down of icy Ray is long, to be effective in spell mastery, icy ray needs that spell twisting reduce is cool-down correctly.
    ulvien123 said:

CW Bugs:

• Storm Spell: Sometimes when it procs on the hit from DOT like Opressive Force, Icy Terrain or Conduit of Ice, it deals much less damage than the other storm spell hits. I'm not quite sure what causes it to deal less damage, https://pasteboard.co/GMSO8Hpj.png All I did was cast Condiut of Ice once.

• Storm Spell Off Hand Bonus: Does not adjust to the rank of storm spell, it always uses rank 1 even when the CW has rank 4. Also when it procs on a storm spell hit it will, the additional storm spell strike causes the original to deal less damage because it overwrites it. It does not deal a second strike because there was no first.

• CW Teleport: There seems to be a slight pause at the end teleport. Could you please remove it?
    Thanks
    :smile:
    I agree that Storm Spell Bugs and the pause after the Teleport need to be fixed

Thank you

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Drizz and company are always found dukeing it out with the natives in Dread Ring and WoD but not in the Demon HEs where they should be.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    TONG:

As soon as the last boss is killed, the group is disbanded.
    Could you fix it pls?

Thx.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • asmodina100asmodina100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    Mercenary Outpost boons not working

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    BUG: For HRs, the animation for Rapid Strike tends to get stuck, usually between the second and third strike, causing the power to stall.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
    edited October 2017
    Edited and reposted for better information.
    Post edited by einsieg on
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

pterias said:

Journal Achievements:
    - Exploration->'Icespire Mountaineer': Never was able to be completed (already mentioned in 2nd post of 2nd page). Needs to be removed from the journal.

I don't know how a player who reported this achievement as broken way back in the day learned this information, but allegedly the achievement consists of hitting a number of waypoints, two of which are off the map (one can be reached via shenanigans, and the other not at all). The achievement could be fixed by relocating or removing those waypoints. There is no reason to remove it if it can be fixed. Removing features instead of repairing them properly is bad.*
    pterias said:

- Quests->'Polices Drunk Orcs': Never worked. I thought I read it was going to be removed long ago, but it's still in my journal, can't be completed. Needs to be removed from journal.

There were patch notes indicating intent to remove this achievement. But presumably it was intended to be completed by killing the fleeing drunk orc before it escapes, which can be done, so the achievement could be made functional, presumably. It's not as though we don't have many other achievements celebrating our homicidal impulses.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I would MUCH rather them fix the achievements to work, but between the stated intent to remove the Polices Drunk Orcs achievement all together and Icespire Mountaineer being one of the , if not THE, oldest unresolved bugs in the game, I guess I automatically assumed they were a no go. I should have worded them as "fix'em or nix'em" though, instead of just nix'em.
  • akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    In temple of the nine gods, the chult dungeon, the first boss orcus....when you step outside the red cone you still get hit by the knockback (ps4)
    Newly encountered Unstoppable bug while in Tomb of the Nine Gods. The circumstances that caused it are unclear. After encountering a Shadow pack and being stunned by one, I was unable to activate Unstoppable at all for an indefinite amount of time. I attempted standing on burning braziers to remove my Temp HP, as with the old Unstoppable bug, and it didn't work. I /defeated myself, and still couldn't use it. I even checked if my Tab key had broken.

I could not use Unstoppable until disconnecting to the character screen and loading back into the instance.

Unsure how it occured. The Shadow pack is the only lead I can offer. I believe I mashed Tab at the moment I was stunned, but otherwise I don't have much to offer.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Not really playing atm and I have already reported all the bugs I know of, but I may as well choose favourites to be fixed for if I come back, id appreciate it if @rgutscheradev and whoever else reading this thread would be kind enough to read through these reports for the umpteenth time.

Bile AoE+Lightning Burst Crit Issue:

The AoE on Bile and the Lightning Burst do not scale correctly in some cases and do not crit on every ability combo, bug report here. Imo this is somewhat of a priority since it has a direct impact on the value of an item that takes a heavy amount of investment.

PF Stacking Issue:

The rules for plaguefire enchantments stacking, replacing and removing are weird and inconsistant. @michela123 made a bug report of this somewhere.

CW Offhand Bonus Issues:

Arcane Power Field and Evocation offhand bonuses do not work. The offhand bonus for Storm Spell does not work the way it is described at all and does not benefit from the rank bonus of Storm Spell, but can crit, can proc off itself and also procs off all damage sources not just Storm Spell.

Procs off of Entity Powers:
    I am not sure how many abilities across how many classes are effected by this, but at the very least, if Ambush on HR procs off Bear Trap or if Storm Spell on CW procs off of Icy Terrain (or some hits of other entitiy powers) then the component of weapon damage which comes from your level is not included in the damage dealt.

Ambush AP gain:

Enough Said

AP Gain Inconsistencies:
    Knight's Valour, Cleave and Repel on mastery grant AP per target hit. I haven't checked other classes so cannot comment.

Bronzewood Stacking:
    I have a detailed bug report here.

Tome of Ascendence: Fireforged.

Gives 11% increased damage and not 1.1% increased damage per target chained.

Darkfire Stacking:
    Some skills (for example Icy Terrain on CW) cause Darkfire (the drow racial bonus) to stack, while others overwrite it.

Blighting Power and Tempest Magic:
    Both grant 6% increased damage per rank, multiplicative with each rank. This is much more than the intended value.

This games' tooltips really need to be improved. Ideally we would like something like this but I understand that might not be something feasible soon. However, in the meanwhile, something I think really should be clarified on the tooltips of skills is internal cooldowns and things like Storm Spell, which cannot crit, should clearly indicate that they cannot crit. Unless you are some caveman who has been playing NW since forever like I have and was around when it was reworked to not crit in mod 6, you would think that Storm Spell not critting was a bug, since after all, the behavior of it not critting is inconsistent with every other scaling proc in the game. Maybe I should just bug report it the way Combustive Action working on all damage sources rather than just Smoulder was bug reported, since that got reported for more or less the same reason.

Offtopic, @balanced#2849 I really like that handle.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
This discussion has been closed.