test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    :fearful: some of the bugs were fixed! :smirk: Time to post more!

Daunting Light and Chains of Blazing Light do not proc the 2nd hit for the bilethorn enchantment. The debuff that applies the second hit simply isn't applied by these powers. I am not sure if this is exclusive to these two powers, or if it happens for all "slow" powers that contain the weapon enchant multiplier.

Daunting Light and Chains of Blazing Light do not proc Holy Avenger for higher damage during its self buff. This buff should increase the damage of the weapon damage proc by 33% (it is always 33% higher when working. The amount on the scaling tooltip is the amount of original weapon damage multiplied by 33%).

The campfires in the 4 Chultan Temples (where you can collect relics for patrol missions) do not allow you to swap loadouts.

The bonus single target effect of the Lightning Enchant which is called Lightning Burst in the log, randomly can or cannot critically strike based the power that uses it. More often than not, it can never critically strike. If the power you are testing with can allow it to crit, try a different class or power.

Lightning Arcs do not scale their damage based on the "slowness" of a power. This has a few strange behaviors. First it means that lightning arcs from Daunting Light mysteriously are weaker than the original lightning weapon hit. However, it also means that powers that have a 0x scaling (such as the Mirage weapon clones) proc for full damage from the Lightning Arcs.

The tooltips for Divinity Sunburst and Divinity Chains of Blazing Light are incorrect. The first has the heal amount combined with the damage, the second is using the damage for normal cast Chains. Divinity mode divine glow might also be incorrect, but I do not remember.

The armor pen buff from empowering Searing Light sometimes. This took me a considerable amount of time just spamming it on the left Chultan training dummy before I figured out why my effectiveness kept dropping. I could never figure out the exact reproduction of this issue other than it seemed random, and happened maybe 5%-15% of the time. It's worth noting that this power and empowered effect seem outdated, since it doesn't deal enough damage to be a threat to anything, doesn't have a very useful heal effect, and everyone already caps armor pen first, so the armor pen would only be relevant in pvp, where it doesn't deal enough damage to be useful. It would be interesting if the empowered effect were changed to piercing damage, although even then I don't expect it to be any good.

Positive bugs time ...

Hastening Light, the Devoted Cleric class feature, procs regardless of whether it is equipped or not when used with either Flame Strike or Anointed Army. To replicate, the powers must damage an enemy to proc it while unequipped.

Hastening Light also procs twice if it is equipped. This has the same replication as the bug above.

The Cold Shoulder boon doesn't seem to proc for only an individual hit. It seems that when it procs it stays on for a duration, blocking everything during the duration.

The Shadow Demon active companion bonus seems to turn on and stay on for periods of time, rather than blocking a single hit, which has been seen to cause one-shot reflection wars in open world pvp.

The off-hand bonus for Terrifying Insight either turns off for a split second every so often, or is applied twice for a split second every so often. I haven't tested which one it is, but I am guessing it works just like the artifact neck/waist set bonus bug that was causing them to be applied twice for a split second.

to be continued ...
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    einsieg said:

Newly encountered Unstoppable bug while in Tomb of the Nine Gods. The circumstances that caused it are unclear. After encountering a Shadow pack and being stunned by one, I was unable to activate Unstoppable at all for an indefinite amount of time. I attempted standing on burning braziers to remove my Temp HP, as with the old Unstoppable bug, and it didn't work. I /defeated myself, and still couldn't use it. I even checked if my Tab key had broken.

I could not use Unstoppable until disconnecting to the character screen and loading back into the instance.

Unsure how it occured. The Shadow pack is the only lead I can offer. I believe I mashed Tab at the moment I was stunned, but otherwise I don't have much to offer.

This issue also in consistently appears after getting hit by fear or charm attacks from the snake mobs
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    If you have no free slots in your inventory you can still pick up an item that will stack with something already in your inventory.
    However you can not pick up something that will stack with an item in a belt slot.

(Probably this has to do with implementation and may not be simple to fix, but it's pretty annoying.)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    amenar said:

/me cheers on Balanced, Sgrant, and Ctatum!

PS - Community team? You might want to look at my status.

Community has fixed this bug AND pushed it live ;)
  • ivorsk#3627 ivorsk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hi Devs, thanks for the chance to provide some feedback. I'd like to state that I am on the PS4 (a PvE player)

Dwarf Racial:
    1. I ended up rerolling my race because the knock back resistance of the dwarf did not seem to be working at all (or not even noticeable) from dungeon bosses and or mobs.

Guardian Fighter:
    1. Why does the mechanic for Cleave and Aggravating Strike cause you to move forward, when WMS does not? This constant moving forward is annoying and doesn't allow a tank to fight in an optimal position.
    2. Knights Valor, I have read on the forums that KV does not properly work and it is not worth while to put many power points into this ability. Is that true? Please investigate it, since I don't have the proper tools.
    3. Sometimes when the shield is up will have KV turn off when it by mobs and their control abilities, while facing in the right directions.
    4. Sometimes unable to turn KV on or off, but the animation shows it is active.

I'd like to ask two things for possible improvements:
    A. Let the Focus Mark of the Gaurdian Fighter, stay on and only diminish if the focus mark is switched to another target. To constantly fight for threat and having to stop and reapply it every ~15sec during long fights is annoying. I don't know how this could effect balancing issues for high end players, and it would add more separation from the GWF vs GF.

B. Can we please add a function in the Options menu, to minimize the spamming of those announcements on the center of the screen? I understand this is a marketing tool, but have an option that will minimize it to the chat window. This has been a turn off to some friends of mine, and makes it annoying when these messages gets spammed when your fighting bosses.

Cheers!
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

Brood of Hadar seems to proc CD only with the first hit, the following ones (Brood of Hadar's Bite) don't seem to proc CD at all which is one of the reasons why it's subpar.

Took a look at this one today and was able to figure out what was wrong with it and how to fix it. It should (hopefully) apply Creeping Death on all of its attacks now rather than just the initial damage hit!

Gates of Hell doesn't proc it at all, I haven't ever seen it doing that so I'm sure it doesn't work. Get a SW with fury build, curse target and hit Gates of Hell. CD doesn't proc at all. Considering the current state of the class, this needs to be fixed yes or yes whenever you guys (if you ever do) rework it.

I've seen this one reported on multiple different forums, but we don't see it happen in-house. This sounds bad enough, though, that I'd like to fix it if it's happening to anyone - so if you have any more details, please let me know!

Prophecy of Doom does not reset its cooldown if the enemy dies to damage that is not directly from the final Prophecy of Doom damage proc. If the enemy dies to this damage proc the cooldown is actually reset twice in quick succession.

While looking at this power, it seemed like there were a couple of things wrong with it. With the fixes, the cooldown, and AP gain, should now correctly be applied when a target is killed while affected by Prophecy of Doom. It should only reset its cooldown once when a target is killed this way, and the power now grants AP when first used rather than when the damage triggers. As a note: This might be a little strong now, so we'll be keeping an eye on it!
    @balanced#2849

Thanks for taking a look at those things! It will be interesting to see how Brood of Hadar does vs Flames of Phleghetos provided that you can manage to make the former be able to proc CD properly.

As for Gates of Hell, tested a few mins ago and can confirm you are right, it's weird considering I didn't see it proccing some time ago but anyway, good to see that power is interacting correctly with Creeping Death.

By the way, even though this is a bug report thread, isn't there any change Creeping Death could work with a higher percentage from damage dealt? SW is a dot heavy class so it is effectively (with exceptions of very few burst powers) getting dots to proc dots and, with enemies dying way too fast (even bosses with good groups) CD often doesn't have enough time to deal full damage (higher hp enemies that still get melted) if barely any (trash mobs). Could it get an overall buff? Or maybe keep the 60% for burst powers and 80% - 100% for damage over time powers? SW damage isn't awesome to begin with (KF and other powers are just lacking if you take a look at the skills from other damage dealers) so some tweaks to CD and damage in general (regardless of being fury/damnation/temptaion build) could help the class to bring it in line with others.

More SW bugs, not sure about Hellish Rebuke but there it goes:

- Pillar of Power: It does not crit at all and has really bad damage (it is hardcore weak) and as such the dps it deals is very low (SW shouldn't need OBC so PoP does some damage). As the stapple power of Hellbringer and considering OBC got nerfed to the ground in preview and we'll get that in mod 12b (around a 10% dps loss for endgame SWs), PoP's inability to crit and very low damage need to be addressed as soon as possible. If there's a particular SW power that needs to be looked at before any other, that's PoP, 0% crit chance and pitiful damage are a big no no when needing to dps. As a HB exclusive power and a stapple one as well, it should be one of the main sources of damage without the Owlbear Cub.

- When eliminating an enemy with Killing Flames, a soul puppet will spawn and despawn right afterwards. For non damnation builds, that puppet should vanish after either the timer runs out or hits enemies a few times, that is not the case.

- The dot from Hellish Rebuke doesn't stack whenever the at-will is cast, it just refreshes it. Is that intended? Either way, that does gimp one of Hellbringer's important sources of damage. Is there any way it can be changed so the dot actually stacks for as many times the at-will is cast? That would be a QoL change for the paragon which is the one that has been hit the hardest with bug fixes that were released with no damage compensation. Considering aoe damage is lower than that of other dpse and the encounters are pretty meh, making that at-will better (higher base damage would help as well) would be taking a step in the right direction. If encounters are worse than those of other classes, Hellish Rebuke and at-wills in general should hit significantly harder to compensate.

- Encounter power Wraith's Shadow was tested a while ago and at least back then the debuff component of it (it is supposed to lower enemy damage) was not working.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    hope you guys have a chance to look at gwf feat mighty blade in destroyer please​​
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Moderate Annoyance: when the results of multiple loot rolls are on-screen at once in a dungeon, hitting ESC clears the first. Hitting ESC again brings up the menu rather than clearing the second. Your choices are to simply wait out the second loot result (which is irritating if you're in combat) or hitting ESC three times to cycle through menu / menu closed / loot result cleared (which is even more annoying in combat).

Some parties collect all the enchants and some players delay resolving the loot rolls until out of combat, so it's not uncommon to get 3-5 of them on the screen while running into the next fight.

Can ESC clear the oldest on-screen notification (including XXXX acquired YYY from ZZZ lockbox, or XP overflow award notify, etc.) before popping the menu? While you're in that section of code, can ESC also postpone the vote-kick and loot-claim dialogs until you come out of combat? [Or for that matter, just always delay them until you come out of combat]

[Edit: really? three Xs triggered 'HAMSTER'? how about 4? *score*]
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017

dupeks said:

The FX was removed from this boon, so no more sparkly glowy ... I mean no more bloody look.
    theguiido said:

Jagged Blades: Does not proc correctly. When using an Encounter or Daily, and even Atwill Powers sometimes Jagged Blades do not proc onto an enemy like it should. This is a serious bug that has not been fixed for quite some time.

Jagged Blades has been fixed to correctly trigger on any power that targets and damages a foe.
    @ctatumdev#6113 I love you.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    TR really does need a rework though. Two points I'd push for:

First Strike class feature ideally should proc on the first hit every time you enter stealth, otherwise it's useless for everything except levelling dungeons and PvP.

As @sirjimbofrancis previously suggested, Duelist's Flurry should add all bleed stacks in one rotation, not three.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    And BTW, Shadow of Demise doesn't work correctly with 2 or more TRs attacking the same target.
    So is the bleed (with 2 or more TRs), it's not clear how it calculates the damage, or it's a visual issue only.
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User

Which ones?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Previewing Gear Transmutes / Changes.

The preview window shows light on your front and shadow on your back - when you rotate your character (so you can see the back) the shadow remains on your back so you can't see anything...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Let me add a quick and easy one:

Last Jungles of Chult "Death's blessing" boon doesn't add to IL
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @sgrantdev#8718 said:
    > Divinity Daunting Light cannot hit compys on some terrain. I was told this is lag related to a slow hitting power, but I have literally never seen it with the much slower, and much smaller Normal/Empowered Daunting Light, and it happens almost every time with Divinity Daunting Light. Also, it happens quite often with the compys standing still and not moving at all.
    > https://plays.tv/video/598933eaab18d27e30/buggy-compy-
    >
    >
    > Found the issue with this and fixed it. This affected both versions of the ability so I went ahead and resolved them both.

I think this may be happening with pillar of power on the SW as well. Since its called "pillar", one would assume depth shouldnt matter. Its either the same issue or its clipping due to vegetation. Several time this morning i would lay pop down and only a few of the compys take damge until they circle around. Then eventually they all take damage. It should be instantaneous upon entering the pillar circle.

Also, im not sure killing flames with feat murderous flames is working properly. Hitting a cursed target with kf sometimes seems to not do any damage therefore its not spreading the damage. You see the animation, cool down timer starts, but dont see any numbers pop or spread.

Also with fiery bolt, the bolt doesnt always appear until after the battle is over or something else causes it to finally appear. It seems very buggy either way. If memory serves me, hitting a cursed target causes the damage to spread. But im seeing it spread on uncursed targets just the same. Not always, but sometimes. I seen this while playing this morning too, but one of 5 was cursed. Although i didnt hit the cursed target with it. Guess i could have considering you cant see where the bolt truly goes...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Cannot resize columns in the Guild Roster (graphics glitches and must close and reopen Roster to view).

OP:
    Bane and Relentless Assault are blocked by PCs standing in the way for Protection OPs (because Dev OPs can target PCs with these powers)

Chult:
    Idol Archer companion stops granting bonus Idols (at least) once you have obtained 100, even if you have the ability to gain more by unlocking the centre column of the campaign. (Which given its a single toon companion that is purchased is an issue. If WAI please update tool tip to reflect the companion's actual behaviour in store and in game.

I have seen a report that the Chult Idols cap does not always correctly increase as you unlock boons (reporting player was on xBox).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I hope this means a nice rise for trs and sw brethren. It'll be really nice to see it. Might even dust off mine.
    edited October 2017
    Bug: HR
    Gushing Wound. In dungeon runs when using a combat build when gushing wound ticks are proccd by allies it fails to activate piercing blades. However when activated by only you they proc piercing blades. Was told this was due to server lag issue. Can it be fixed?

Also. I reported this earlier but thought it wasn't a bug but now I can reconsider:

Archery capstone says when prey is activated you do 50% more damage to the target. However this is false due to the diminishing returns on debuffs. Please change this into a buff so it may indeed give the correct amount of damage. The damage from the archery tree is very poor. Wouldn't be surprised if a dc outdpsed me.

Hopefully this gets worked in. I would love you devs and wouldn't mind dropping more cash on this game to fine tune an archery build.

Don't want to press my luck but here goes a long shot. (I suck at puns)
    Also would you guys take a look at the Longshot feat. It's damage is so minimal and it seems it was intended to be a major part of archery's damage where that is not the case. Can you either adjust the values or make it scale with buffs and debuffs. Please, forever, and thank you
    Sincerely,
    Drake MastaCraft.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Which ones?
    I am listing them here.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235050/unofficial-bugfix-october-dev-response-compilation/p1

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

edited October 2017
    Issue:
    Also while this may not be a bug, it is very much a hindrance to the archery hr community. The hr archery feat called stillness in the forest is terrible. Due to the range being so far out we aren't able to receive buffs and this majorly affects our damage. Please change the condition in which we may activate this feat. I know we're ranged based but the game itself is not friendly to ranged players. Please change this and you'll have my heart, and soul. (well maybe not my soul lol.)
    edited October 2017
    Bug/Probably an easy fix: HR's careful attack doesn't proc weapon enchantments at all.
    Post edited by eliybeats on
    edited October 2017
    One of my previous posts didn't post I think.
    Bug:
    HR Gushing Wound does not proc piercing blades when the target is attacked by allies but does when only you attack it or when you let it tick normally. Was told this may be due to server lag but not sure. Can you guys check on it?
    Bug/ Easy Fix:
    HR's Archery Predator capstone does not boost the hrs damage by 50% due to the diminishing returns on debuffs. Please change this to a buff
    Issue/Easy Fix:
    Longshot feat is completely minimal and the damage from it is worthless. Please change it to either scale with buffs/debuffs or change it's values. It seems as if it was intended to be a major part of Archer's damage (similar to combat's piercing blades or trapper's thorned roots) but it's not. Please fix it.
    #MakeArcheryGreatAgain.
    Sorry to bother you devs but one more thing. Can the fix to HR's seeker's vengeance get pushed out to live. I know it might sound selfish to ask for it but you never know until you ask. Just wondering #loveyoudevs
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    More QoL request than an actual bug, but when viewing the guild roster, when i hover over a character i see their last login date and time. Really need this same feature on friends list.
This discussion has been closed.