Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150515a.6

Comments

• Options
    biocraftfrbiocraftfr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    spqwn wrote: »
    Maybe it's still ok. We'll have to test and see. If it's not, maybe move to MoF.

MoF ? what it's this ? and maybe it's ok but idk for now, 0 crit on SS now as not good
  • Options
    spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    biocraftfr wrote: »
    MoF ? what it's this ?

Master of Flame
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Master of Flame

ah yeah not bad idea but it's not best you also know ;) must be tested before, and for me i stay on lightning mage
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I predicted, about 4 patches ago when AoS stopped working that if anything like that ever happened to CWs you would hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth across Faerun. I want to thank the devs and contributers to this thread for confirming once again how brilliant I am ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Only reason i played Spellstorm Mage was for Storm Spell and previous for Eye of the Storm (before the nerf).
    Without StormSpell there is no real reason to play it. Storm Pillar? Maelstrom of Chaos? Maybe Storm Fury in pvp if you are tanky enough.
    MoF Critical Conflagration just looks better and better.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    I predicted, about 4 patches ago when AoS stopped working that if anything like that ever happened to CWs you would hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth across Faerun. I want to thank the devs and contributers to this thread for confirming once again how brilliant I am ;)

LoL, yes it's normal it's cw :P don't touch cw !!! ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Only reason i played Spellstorm Mage was for Storm Spell and previous for Eye of the Storm (before the nerf).
    Without StormSpell there is no real reason to play it. Storm Pillar? Maelstrom of Chaos? Maybe Storm Fury in pvp if you are tanky enough.
    MoF Critical Conflagration just looks better and better.

That's right but nothing cw has test MoF just need try ^^
  • Options
    erpuma91erpuma91 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally a patch that worth this name.
    Cw had rly too much burst dmg and in the same time too much tanky, so nothing to say about this nerf, 100% agree.
    The hope all we have is to nerf piercing dmg of tr now, coz it s rly embarassing, they just press 1 button and kill evrything,and this is something that in mmo/rpg games should never exist,so let s hope DEVS finally understand that.
    If they will do it, and fix trascendent enchant bug, after 1 years, finally, we had more or less all classes balanced!!!!
    So this time 10 stars for this patch.
  • Options
    lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sooooo disappointed with the CW SS change.

This is a *massive* change to the build, and to all the time, effort and cost that has been put into switching to the Lostmauth/crit build virtually mandated by the changes of mod 6.

Why do it?
    For PvP? To make those who like playing Mof/Controller happier and more justified/wanted? To make other classes happy? Anyone who knows what's going on knows that TRs and SWs are readily out-DPSing equivalent geared (and less geared) CWs, and that GWFs are way in excess of the CW, even with *significantly* less gear.

Cryptic sent a clear message that CWs do have a damage tree previous 2 mods (saved a massive PR issue when all else got nerfed, by saving it with SS). Now, SS is getting nerfed in a manner that looks set to kill off the SpellStorm damage tree. So, we're back to that. It's even worse this time, since much has been done to reduce Control effectiveness, and by the way, notice how many significant Control capability is now available to other classes?

To put this massive change to CWs into context, many put huge effort into making epic gear from mod 5, then we trashed that to move to Lostmauth for mod 6, and now another massive wasting of our efforts even before module 7?
    The backdrop to that being how extremely difficult it is to make AD now, and how difficult it is to get the necessary RP (IWD RP nerfed this patch).
    Can somebody take on honest stab at describing how this can be fair to the player that has taken his CW through these changes? This at a time when I thought PR would be the company focus (massively troubled mod 6 release), rather than taking a sledge hammer to a significant part of the playing community.
    I really don't have the energy to do it all again anywhere near this soon, and I'm pretty sure there's a massive CW community that will feel the same way.

Why? How is it fair?
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A long control duration is not permitted because pve/pvp would be too easy.
    If one CW could control for a long time, then 2-3 CW could do permanent or almost permanent control.
    Icy Terrain is an exception.
    Trapper HR roots is an exception.
    Any other exceptions?

Edit: imprisonment and Geas
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What about a double RP weekend to make up for the IWD HE rewards nerf?
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    manfred117 wrote: »
    By the way, I use a GWF. I´m waiting for a patch that buff that class because I´m week as a leaf since you decide that the Life Steal was too much OP.

Mmmhhhh...GWF is one of the best classes. Espacially since mod 6. I guess you do something wrong. A good gwf got no problems at all to level/quest or kill mobs.

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Items and Economy
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.

Sturm can y ask devs how will this patch change the IWD rewards from :
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounters now also award Refinement Stones. Awards range from 1,000 Refinement Points for small Heroic Encounters all the way up to 11,000 for the most challenging ones.
    Too??????
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    chroococci wrote: »
    Playing an overpowered class, this is easy to say. Compare yourself with the other main cc class, hunter, and rethink.

honestly as a hr i was fine against cw's i had no beef. i took them down every single time and they were better geared than me by far. the only class i had beef with was tr and btw this was when hr has all the bugs before they were fixed and sucked badly. so imagine what a full equipped hr could do. same with any other class cw wasnt a problem its sabo tr that was a problem and if cw was a problem most times it was a l2p issue.but then again i did switch to a cw because of those broken things and now im staying. so im biased now.
  • Options
    onigerkoonigerko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    chroococci wrote: »
    Playing an overpowered class, this is easy to say. Compare yourself with the other main cc class, hunter, and rethink.

Its not CW players fault they overnerfed hunter and are now doing the same to CW. Just because one class got effed dosent mean another should with the heavyhanded attempts at 'balance'.
  • Options
    stephen9393stephen9393 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Okay so they are nearly destroying cw's...that sucks....

I would like to address an issue or 2 with other items in-game like for instance, why the Tiamat's Orb of Majesty Artifact cannot be used to refine other artifacts, as tho it is a class sigil when it is not, and the class sigils clearly say they cannot be used to refine other artifacts. Why is black ice domination bugged on map 1 in dwarven valley? Why are GWFs criting for 100x what they should be? and if the Devs knew their game or what is going on in it ...they would not be nerfing CWs it's gwf and possibly tr that needs the nerf.
    there are bug and issues, and other things wrong with this game and storm spell may have been needed to be nerfed but with how ridiculous getting one-shotted in dungeons with the highest possible defense and deflect? I don't think the devs thought this thru on how they nerfed CWs and/or why they nerfed cws in general...I wish i could play my HR but they got the nerfhammer hard when mod 6 came out and they are only good in pvp now..... this game is going more and more downhill .... the dps classes are only tr and gwf now....hr is broken (he is supposed to be a dps/dmg class for cryin outloud!)....cw can barely do any dmg after today and just about hardly any CC in dungeons...scourge warlocks are so easily killed they can't even begin to find out if they can do any dmg worth helping the party with, GFs....they get one-shotted with their sheilds UP?! paladins do more dmg than they should...I mean seriously why does a paladin (a defender class) need alot of dmg? lol the only class that seems to not be too badly broken is the devoted cleric.

Its bad enough what the devs did to the dragon hoard enchants...many ppl thought the devs were coming out with something really good with the heroics in IWD dropping refinement.... but i told everyone from the beginning of that to save all they get because they will either nerf it or make the items bound from drops. predictable.....but what they are doing to the classes is surpising every time there is a new nerf
  • Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The CW change to SS is somewhat surprising since it has functioned this way for a long time. Why do it now in a maintenance patch after all this time? Why not in the next Mod patch where big changes in game play usually occur?
  • Options
    neverwinterdevilneverwinterdevil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When are warlocks going to be fixed ?? Hope you're going to do something about it before mod7 or else i may be quiting...
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    21 pages of angry comments from people who:

(1) do not know what the new rewards will be in IWD
    (2) most CW have not yet tested the new storm spell
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't even...

Its like 40% and its probably going to be less than 20% because it can't crit anymore. So its like lopping 20% off the top of all damage. And you can't really mitigate it because the less dotty powers hit like a noodle and the nearest other dps pass is also 20%. So we're just out 20% of damage.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    21 pages of angry comments from people who:

(1) do not know what the new rewards will be in IWD
    (2) most CW have not yet tested the new spell storm

This. Guy. Gets. It.
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    You know, it'd be interesting to see how many people complaining about SS did what i did, and actually went on preview and tested it out.

Or you know, they could sit here and keep whining, and whining, and then demanding respec tokens like an entitled child on a temper tantrum.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    no he doesnt people have gone on preview and tested the great success rewards. you get 1 peridot for a great success. that is all.

Well in all fairness I was more pointing to his/her second point :P. I don't think anyone in their right mind is happy about the IWD nerf to RP drops, but to be honest, did you really think that was going to last?
  • Options
    zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow there is a lot of backlash on this thread at the moment. I would like to think that somebody important was taking note.

I really enjoy this game, It was my first and only mmo I have ever played. I can overlook some of the decisions that are made. But one thing that really doesn't sit well with me is the inattention to known issues.
    We don't seem to have a lot of the issues from this mod sorted out and already there is an announcement for another mod.
    The same with classes who are currently having power/feat issues. Why does it take so long to get these attended to? Why aren't you attending to them instead of creating another module?

The other big issue I have, as of this patch, is the nerfing of refinement drops. Why did you nerf these instead of making them bound to account? It would have made much more sense, and probably wouldn't have had the same profoundly negative impact on people.
    If people were looking for a way to make a small amount of ad you could have left the herald encounter rewards unbound and people could have sold those instead.

I think the general community was encouraged by the new development team and their statement about listening to the community, but it almost feels as though that happened for only the first few weeks (if really at all) and now we are back to where we were before. Which is frustrated, ignored and left feeling as though we aren't cared for.
  • Options
    neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    group5e wrote: »
    This. Guy. Gets. It.

Hmm, not for me - I played on the test server to check the new rewards in IWD and the SS CW changes before posting my complaints. So.....
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    All TR builds kill easy any CW

i don't recall my daze procs working very well on cw's after the nerf which doesn't stop sabs from dazing a cw for 10 seconds so much easier than any scoundrel ever will (which was the entire argument against nerfing our dazes). concussive is useless unless someone can chain a cc to a 1 second daze and skullcapper is just....there but not needed. also doesn't help the fact that a cw can run away from a flurry when dazed.

hell, my cw friend nuked me so much harder than i could nuke him in open pvp simply because he hits harder than i can despite my 56% deflect chance.

none of us scoundrels got a respec from it despite having our entire build stepped on.

best part of all this is that he was a mof and could burn 50% of my 80k hp almost instantly....
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    group5e wrote: »
    Well in all fairness I was more pointing to his/her second point :P. I don't think anyone in their right mind is happy about the IWD nerf to RP drops, but to be honest, did you really think that was going to last?
    no i knew from day 1 it was gonna get nerfed like many others. but i had hope it might not have. and of course it did. i farmed the hell out of it because of this knowledge. like many others.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    True that. Traditional D&D, only Mages had access to 'Invisible' spell. If anyone should have that ability, it should be CWs.

I can see teams of CW's in pvp roaming in stealth... ya... cool story brah.
  • Options
    cellabonezcellabonez Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    this is a point i want to make and tell me if i am wrong for a ss renegade as my self goes into valindra tower on meeting upon boss first dropping icy terrain betweens mobs using steal time to stun them followed by using coi on tab to freeze and continually using chilling cloud to attack even freezing all of them and rinse repeat until mob is dead doesn't that count as control while dealing damage due to having spell storm and eye of the storm slotted? and will the changes to spell storm affect my chain combo i have noted ?
This discussion has been closed.