test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Storm Spell Changes Feedback Thread

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Library
Control Wizard
Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

Oh wells..

I dont know what to think.. the sad part is, something works for awhile, then they change it and I dont have the points in the right spot to do another build atm...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You'd think there could be some balance between "always crits" and "never crits", like "respects your native crit chance", wouldn't you?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Fortunately, my CW has taken a back seat this mod while I mess around with the OP, otherwise, I would be really irked right now at having to do a respec.

Also becky...Burning guidance, the boon, never crits either. It also never activates anything, so this is hardly unusual as a change. What I do find funny though is I strongly suspect MoF will be for the first time ever more popular then SS and that I think this officially puts CW's in the worst spot they have ever been in :p (not that spot is particularly bad, its just nowhere near to their usual pedestal)
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Fortunately, my CW has taken a back seat this mod while I mess around with the OP, otherwise, I would be really irked right now at having to do a respec.

Also becky...Burning guidance, the boon, never crits either. It also never activates anything, so this is hardly unusual as a change. What I do find funny though is I strongly suspect MoF will be for the first time ever more popular then SS and that I think this officially puts CW's in the worst spot they have ever been in :p (not that spot is particularly bad, its just nowhere near to their usual pedestal)

I can't even... I don't even care anymore
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    After the heyday of GWF Deep Gash damage, that was given a double tap to the back of the head with the nerf bat too, damage reduced and can no longer crit. I know it's not the only time they've done something like this, just fairly typical of twisting a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at once to make adjustments, rather than one at a time.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Remember everyone, by making it no longer crit, its damage has actually, legitimately, straight up been HALVED. Thats right, that automatically makes evocation better then it. Oh well, Rip storm spell, you will be missed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHrOegiF10

I expect within the next month some aspect of CW to be buffed, I will bet on oppressor, since it hasn't been the centre of attention....like ever.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    guess we will never get back shard dmg.

Any good MoF build somewhere...?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    After the heyday of GWF Deep Gash damage, that was given a double tap to the back of the head with the nerf bat too, damage reduced and can no longer crit. I know it's not the only time they've done something like this, just fairly typical of twisting a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at once to make adjustments, rather than one at a time.

Deep gash was a calculation bug.
    Storm spell was given to the loss of shard dmg.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Don't forget. No more Lostmauth processes from Storm Spell.

More of the usual. Sell us more power. Nerf it away. Sell us more power. Nerf it away.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Deep gash was a calculation bug.
    Storm spell was given to the loss of shard dmg.
    • Feats: Deep Gash: This feat no longer gains additional damage from the power that applies it.
    • Feats: Deep Gash: This feat can no longer crit. This feat now applies a bleed that ticks for 4/8/12/16/20% of your Power (up from 3/6/9/12/15%).
    • Feats: Deep Gash: This power no longer ticks immediately upon application. New applications will not reset the tick timer. Additionally this DoT now lasts 6 seconds (up from 5). It still ticks 6 times total.

That's not just "a calculation bug".

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    halved? no. It's more like 10% of its current damage.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Nope, its halved. Atm, it always crits, that means that assuming that, if like me, the prospective CW is using an enchant like pf, their storm spell is still doing 1.75* what it would be doing normally. Most CW's use vorp though, which pushes crit severity over 100%. Furthermore, the icd on storm spell will definitely have a drastic effect, although I am not quite sure how drastic that effect will be.
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    halved? no. It's more like 10% of its current damage.

no its basically halved. no more crits mixed with .5 second icd thats half mate.the higher crit chance you have no the lower your dps will be am i right?
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    no its basically halved. no more crits mixed with .5 second icd thats half mate.the higher crit chance you have no the lower your dps will be am i right?

It's not halves. There's a freaking .5s cooldown on it per proc. This mean in an aoe, you will see it only on one mob at a time. It's at the very least a 90% dps loss from current storm spell
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    It's not halves. There's a freaking .5s cooldown on it per proc. This mean in an aoe, you will see it only on one mob at a time. It's at the very least a 90% dps loss from current storm spell

This sounds too true
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ahhh...I thought you meant it was a 10% loss from your wording. Yes, it is likely a 90% nerf, but still, as a class lets move on from this and not focus on the problems, but instead on how to address them.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh well class dead, it was fun for a beta launch and 5 and a half mods. Anyone want to buy a bis cw?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2015

140% crit severity= not even half the dmg with non crit. ON TOP of that, icd. Why did ppl use IT in their dmg rotation, BC of chilling presence and SS multiproc. There is no multiproc now. I would say, that 10% is more accurate, but we will see, when it hits live.

If I would honestly say what I think, the post would get removed.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cc5e3e96bb3941fce48146e8cb17928c.png

Some facts/guesses:

Ability to crit: Obviously "normally" no longer crits. It appears as if the OH bonus still causes crit hits. Given the relatively low sample 8 ~ 5.

ICD:
    I have several instances where I would trigger Storm Spell up to three/four times per second on one individual target. Also, it can simultaneously trigger on multiple targets. So my guess here is that the ICD is per target per source that triggers it. So in theory, applying a target with four dots could lead to four procs per second or even more, depending on the interval the individual sources strike the target with.

FYI: 65% char sheet crit, Thauma. WoD, randomly killing mobs.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And Oppforce still not working by dummies so I cannot even test mof or something.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you honestly think mof is answer I don't even. Good luck to you. Maybe we'll all be on chump paragons next week.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Go for some real dummies - like WoD drakes etc :cool:
  • Options
    doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This game its forcing cw made a TR.
    Already its impossible to kill, now will nerf the cw ¬¬
    i go test this update, if dont nerf the TR i will stop to play. game is forcing me =(
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Control Wizard
    Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
    Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

Oh wells..

I dont know what to think.. the sad part is, something works for awhile, then they change it and I dont have the points in the right spot to do another build atm...

DAFAQ??!?!?!?!?!?!
    OMG. I've already not been playing for a month cuz of the state of the game and this is what they fix.....make my wizard, the only class I have been able to keep at 70 and actually play WORSE. THANKS, THANKS A LOT.

Don't worry about any of the other HUGE problems with the game, fix stuff that's not broken. WAY TO GO.

just so lame...................so so lame.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    cc5e3e96bb3941fce48146e8cb17928c.png

Some facts/guesses:

Ability to crit: Obviously "normally" no longer crits. It appears as if the OH bonus still causes crit hits. Given the relatively low sample 8 ~ 5.

ICD:
    I have several instances where I would trigger Storm Spell up to three/four times per second on one individual target. Also, it can simultaneously trigger on multiple targets. So my guess here is that the ICD is per target per source that triggers it. So in theory, applying a target with four dots could lead to four procs per second or even more, depending on the interval the individual sources strike the target with.

FYI: 65% char sheet crit, Thauma. WoD, randomly killing mobs.

How much would you say we've lost?
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yep... the Ivory Tower has been reduced to a penthouse condo.... the horror.... LOL

I've been advocating for a long time about normalizing proc damage across the board, and never thought SS should be able to crit as Deep Gash (GWF) and Fire of the Gods (DC) cannot.

That said, the 0.5 sec ICD was unexpected. Not sure how I feel about it. (Do CWs have a beam that does persistent attacks like 3x/sec like SWs and DCs have? It could be for that.)

Well... they still ignore 66% of Tenacity for control... so any talk of the class being dead is a bit hyperbolic.

And for damage... Disintegrate with a 5 sec CD...
  • Options
    parswindparswind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    don't know what to say, very bad news :(

this is not only big nerf to cw, it also changes how cw gonna play.
    this is what many cw have atm : [Conduit of Ice] [Icy Terrain] [Steal Time], all because of multi proc of ss , those alone have terrible dps

no [Conduit of Ice]/[Icy Terrain] = no chill = no [Chilling Presence] = more loss of dps = terrible

cw dont have cc, and now cw dont have dps.

all of this matter if you want to compare cw to other dps classes like gwf, sw or tr.
    im sure cw is already behind gwf and also i know all qq about sw is bs. have seen some good ones in runs with them ,il around ~3.5 not even bis 4.5+.

they killed joy of anniversary so much, idc anymore
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hard to answer. Too many factors playing in. In my case I'd say some 15-30% depending on situation etc. Build that revolved around the class feature even more than I did - namely Renegades - will probably feel it a little more. But yeah, I'd have to see some Tiamat/whatever parses before I can give you a more detailed answer.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Btw, for clarity, upload a picture of your gear so that people have some idea of what CW they looking at. I may have ran with you before Agathe, but not all of the CW's here have.