test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Storm Spell Changes Feedback Thread

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    trennin wrote: »
    I have been a cw in this game for a long time and I have seen you cut our damage by a huge amount back in mod 4 so that the new class sw could be top dps.

Yea, stopped reading there. Even with TT SW's still could not compare to a competent CW. The only CW's that a SW could out pace were the bad ones.

Oh noes, you had one power balanced. Least you didn't ahve two specs ripped out from under you and made completely useless. *frowns at the state of Fury and Temptation for SWs*
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You obviously were a bad warlock. Warlock dps was trivialised all the content. My first elol run I saw the scorpions melt in under a minute. To be fair it was trivial anyway but sw used to make me feel bad for the mobs.

And back then we had all our good encounters nerfed, in return we got a stormspellbuff. What we got now.
    edited June 2015
    You obviously were a bad warlock. Warlock dps was trivialised all the content. My first elol run I saw the scorpions melt in under a minute. To be fair it was trivial anyway but sw used to make me feel bad for the mobs.

And back then we had all our good encounters nerfed, in return we got a stormspellbuff. What we got now.

Then you were a bad CW because a single CW could trivialise those scorpions in eLOL. Warlocks weren't needed, they were just the new thing and got all the hate. Really, stop trying. In fact tehre was no content in mod 4 that wasn't trivialized by one CW, who were able to solo the entire thing.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah whatever man, you obviously have zero clues and its not my job to educate
    edited June 2015
    Yeah whatever man, you obviously have zero clues and its not my job to educate

Really, do I need to dig up the videos of CWs actually proving they solo'd the epic instances, or how about the one of the two CW's that duo'd Epic CN? Let me put it this way, TT was useless on bosses unless the bosses spawned mass enemies, so it was not TT that killed the scorpions fast, as, unlike the myth from people, TT did not rebound on the target of the TT, and to make TT function at it's best you needed several enemies to get the bounce wave going back when everyones damage contributed to TT. So try again.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...seems like CW gets a bit down to earth, to where the other classes are... ...like: Either longterm CC or massive (AoE-)damage.
    edited June 2015
    I soled cn, it wasn't a big deal. If you really want to look for vidoes you can find a 16k sw doing it.

Godot cw was already down to earth being wildly outdpsed by gwf. I'm sure the clown above will disagree.
  • trennintrennin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well aside from the tt which got nerfed the fabled set from mc is still out there and broken and if you understood the sw class and moved out of fury the ghosts at 3k item lvl are currently hitting for 3 mil. I guess you really just don't understand your class that well. Hint hint sw is still a higher dps class than cw at the same item lvl and by a lot.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Really, do I need to dig up the videos of CWs actually proving they solo'd the epic instances, or how about the one of the two CW's that duo'd Epic CN? Let me put it this way, TT was useless on bosses unless the bosses spawned mass enemies, so it was not TT that killed the scorpions fast, as, unlike the myth from people, TT did not rebound on the target of the TT, and to make TT function at it's best you needed several enemies to get the bounce wave going back when everyones damage contributed to TT. So try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXoWJUSmrVg

You were saying?
    Btw CN soloing was much easier with SB warlock. It didn't require that high gear and weird setup.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That class feature was so overpowered that nobody ever not used it or even played MoF. Now it's just back to normal...
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So we'll lose a sizeable chunk of our DPS, it doesn't mean that we still won't be good controllers and have reasonable DPS, maybe not among the highest, but still good.

In terms of DPS - a lot of GWFs at the same IL who out DPS me are using the Lostmauth set (which is currently like storm spell right now), so perhaps that will get a nerf, but who knows when? Likewise the TR's 100% crit chance in stealth while spamming CoS combined with the Lostmauth set, SO and piercing damage will likely be turned down.

Just imagine now what the SW went through with TT, and more recently the OP with DJ. I think those last two were bigger nerfs to power than our Storm Spell. Now might be a time for experimenting other class features.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    edited June 2015
    We weren't among the highest this mod anyway.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ^^LOL happy for a CW nerf so the sucky build he liked to play may now compete in damage...
    Who know MOF may become the new CW build, will have to see.
    edited June 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »
    TR's are safely at the top of the PVP food chain, without any equals, CW was smack dab in the middle even before this nerf goes live. So, tell me again, why is this nerf necessary and the real problem (piercing damage) continues to dominate PVP?

It does not compute.
    TRs were fine with CWs. I cold kill almost any CW with my TR.
    The biggest complainers were pvp GWFs.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    In terms of DPS - a lot of GWFs at the same IL who out DPS me are using the Lostmauth set (which is currently like storm spell right now), so perhaps that will get a nerf, but who knows when?

No need to nerf the lost set. You cant compare GWF and CW. Two different classes and two different ways of fighting. GWF cant controll anything. He is a full dps class. So why nerf any dps set? No need.
    or how about the one of the two CW's that duo'd Epic CN?

Every class solo´d CN in kindergarden mod 5.

edited June 2015
    beatannier wrote: »
    +9001. Finally!

Do that type of comments with game handler please next time!
    My ignore list is too thin...
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, my calender is a day off.
  • trennintrennin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well I was commenting on the state of things today not things that happened in mod 4 and 5. The point I was making is with all the broken things in the game why nerf a class that was working good in pve when there is so much to fix that needs attention.
    edited June 2015
    If its anything less than 20% (it probably is) evocation will be better assuming it actually works.
  • shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Thats all I have to say to these changes. Oh yeah and CYA!

WHAT!!!!....hfgtfsdfs.....you laughed??????

ALONE????

letme add more...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH

cya in dom...TR RULEZ
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I don't see why this was necessary, CW is firmly in the middle for both PVE and PVP, if you want to do DPS, better options exist even without this nerf.

TR is the best in PVP and also for PVE DPS so yeah, clearly CW needs to be nerfed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »
    TR is the best in PVP and also for PVE DPS so yeah, ..

Did i miss something? TRs best for PVE DPS? huh?

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let's just try it before the cry.

It might be less painfull than it seems. And for those who talk about quiting because 1 too powerfull passive is nerfed, please go on and leave. :)
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    On my TR i out dps everyone whenever i run dungeons/skirmishes, its rare for someone to overtake and when they do its usually a CW hitting multi targets at a time.

I honestly find it funny though that this turned into a cw v sw discussion xD.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

edited June 2015
    No you leave
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    No need to nerf the lost set. You cant compare GWF and CW. Two different classes and two different ways of fighting. GWF cant controll anything. He is a full dps class. So why nerf any dps set? No need.

Every class solo´d CN in kindergarden mod 5.
    I honestly ever seen a gf or a hr soloing it
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'll still enjoy being a good controller, party buffer and dps. :)
    edited June 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    I'll still enjoy being a good controller, party buffer and dps. :)

And i love to have CWs in my grp that thinking the same. Controll CWs are awesome for the grp.

edited June 2015
    sasageru wrote: »
    On my TR i out dps everyone whenever i run dungeons/skirmishes, its rare for someone to overtake and when they do its usually a CW hitting multi targets at a time.

I would love to see the paingiver list, when you are with a good geared crit GWF in a Grp.
    sasageru wrote: »
    I honestly find it funny though that this turned into a cw v sw discussion xD.

Yep. Thats really funny ^^
    rayrdan wrote: »
    I honestly ever seen a gf or a hr soloing it

Ive seen a few. Maybe they didnt fraps it. But i was in some grp,where GFs or HRs need ppl to fill up grp to solo CN.

edited June 2015
    Its funny how easy it is to spot the bads, you don't even have to inspect.