test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.6

Comments

• alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Basically I run with ACT 24/7 (or as much gametime that allows for) and I'm very well aware of the impact. And I have no objection against tweaking. Happens all the time. But this is not a tweak. This is a tripple nerf with a blade stabbed in the back and one that nobody called for in PvE. We don't play "who's the better killer" in PvE. We don't give a goblin's poopdeck who does the most damage. The very least they could do is reverse the entire thing and give us Shard back as a viable skill option. But I don't see that in the patch notes anywhere.

But even if this tripple nerf is justified, it would be downright stupid to implement it before the other DPS classes are back up to spec. As if the difficulty increase wasn't enough already.

If that were true weak classes wouldn't have gotten kicked for cw's in previous mods. Matter of fact if it didn't matter, no one would be complaining about the nerf.
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    if not nerf the TR´s i will stop to play this ****.
    the best class of the game on pvp and never nerfed. now want to nerf cw.
    U don't know why? Cuz rich kids wouldn't donate this game anymore
    what?
    chalenge: make a cw and go pvp cw vs tr(invisible bamby) and you go know what i say.
    1 - Invisible
    2 - Stuns dont work, when work is for 1s ,0,05s
    3 - Much deflection
    4 - you cant atack what u cant see obvius
    5 - High demage
    6 - The best class of pvp on this game.

and now?

Sory if this continues, i go stop to play. i have put a lot of money on this game to make a good cw and only nerfed, I DONT WANT MAKE A TR, but the game its forcing me.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Then fix the bleeding problem with the class. Don't go punishing other classes for something they cannot help. And certainly not before these other classes are repaired and viable. Because all that does is throwing people into a large pit of needless difficulty increase. We're not all BiS, you know.

You know, when more people like You actually learn to play CW as a CONTROL CLASS you'll be fine.

Or you can keep whining *shrug*.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »

They will get around to it eventually. This nerf to Storm Spell proves that change happens even if it is slow. And who knows the TR changes might come next week. Patches like this that do things like fixing tenacity and other long standing issues (SS) give me another shot of hope for the future
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited June 2015
    the reason you have issues controlling in T2 dungeons is because the gave the mobs very high CC resist. Not sure how PvPers were responsible for that
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I bloody well would if they let the CW have any form of control. Have you tried controlling anything in a T2 dungeon lately? That's already been nerfed into the ground thanks to some PvP whiners.

Read my first post to you, i do them DAILY with no issues.
    edited June 2015
    Some prelim ACT results with SS as of the preview patch

Looks like the nerf isn't as bad as you thought it was
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pls crypit.
    What the best build for cw now last this update?
    Fire = ****
    Storm = Nerf

Storm Spell save us, because the stuns dont work on tr, the storm spell made the unique demage on trs.
    And now?
    edited June 2015
    then read the bleeding patch notes and discussions from the last 6 months. It's not just rework 6 that ruined control for a CW. That was just an extra "bonus".

Sorry. My annoyance is not directed at you and I shouldn't take it out on you. My annoyance is with the lame, uncalled for and not even half required nerfs and backstabbing decisions made by the producer. Usually when one of my clients tries to come back on his word, I return the commission and leave. I'm not used to taking BS from anyone, least of all people who have no idea what they are actually doing. And again, I don't mean you :)

All I am trying to say is that personally i think this was called for. As to the rest, CW can join the rest of the classes in screaming why did you nerf me! As Red Green said, "We're all in this together" :)
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    Some prelim ACT results with SS as of the preview patch

Looks like the nerf isn't as bad as you thought it was

That isn't especially useful because we have no idea what his gear and pre nerf procs looked like. Looking at those numbers all I can think is if he's geared like I am the class is dead. Should have leved my gwf and made him orange and teal but I'm not doing it again.
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    Pls crypit.
    What the best build for cw now last this update?
    Fire = ****
    Storm = Nerf

Storm Spell save us, because the stuns dont work on tr, the storm spell made the unique demage on trs.
    And now?

roll a gwf or a tr
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That isn't especially useful because we have no idea what his gear and pre nerf procs looked like. Looking at those numbers all I can think is if he's geared like I am the class is dead. Should have leved my gwf and made him orange and teal but I'm not doing it again.

If I remember correctly, Agathe is 3.1k ilvl with some legendary stuff but not BiS.
    edited June 2015
    he said he had 65% char sheet crit, Thauma. and was in WoD, randomly killing mobs. last i recall he had R8s or worse. and evidently Stormspell is still second on the list of sources of damage at 20% (of his small sample) after lostmauth.

I am pretty sure that the SS nerf isn't as bad as you all think, and as i was hoping lol. More testing will be good though
    edited June 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I'm very, very happy to see the quick turnaround on Tenacity mechanics after the FUBAR on that last week. Great job on that.

Not sure about the Storm Spell changes, doesn't seem like such a big deal to me.

Your largest source of damage an't crit anymore. Maybe things were really weird in pvp the last week and you are disorientated.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was right, they reduced base arpen resistance to 20% (down from 40%) so the regular pvpers will be running around with 60% arpen resistance in total. Making RI 40% effective. That's pretty decent.
    edited June 2015
    The way it's worded in the notes, it would result in a 30% overall damage nerf. I don't know what class you play, but 30% less damage is quite a big deal for a DPS class. Thankfully it appears to be less worse than that in the first few tests.

He plays a BiS PvP CW. And not like devs completely removed Storm Spell. It still does 20% of your damage as ppl tested.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    He plays a BiS PvP CW. And not like devs completely removed Storm Spell. It still does 20% of your damage as ppl tested.

It does not.
    edited June 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    It does not.

Ueah, because saying so automatically makes it true, right? Prove this wrong: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?956371-Some-changes-on-CW-tommorow&p=11252521&viewfull=1#post11252521
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    \And out of curiousity, why can't it crit in the first place? Why does this have to be the only offensive skill that cannot crit?

It's not the only the only proc skill that cannot crit. GWF's Deep Gash & DC's Fire of the Gods cannot crit either. I agree with the levelling of proc damage rules, though the ICD I was shocked by. (forgive the pun)

It looks like you and others have done some testing already, so the ICD isn't killer, which is good.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Ueah, because saying so automatically makes it true, right? Prove this wrong: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?956371-Some-changes-on-CW-tommorow&p=11252521&viewfull=1#post11252521

This is in a test that spells switched around. This means that there's more stormspell procs compared to the total amount of spell used, which gives it an artificially higher damage percentage.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Wow, there goes CW DPS builds...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2015
    now you go to preview and test how SS is performing now and make some changes. DPS CW didn't go anywhere and your doom and gloom is highly misplaced. I promise you that CWs will be just fine with the changes
This discussion has been closed.