test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.6

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • PVP: Armor Penetration Resistance now correctly works as expected against players.
    • Tenacity: Armor Penetration Resistance is now multiplicative. Base Armor penetration resistance is now 20% to compensate.
    • Tenacity: Damage Resistance and Critical Resistance from Tenacity are now correctly multiplicative.
  • Control Wizard
    • Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
    • Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Punishing Charge: Rank 4 now correctly increases your number of charges.
  • Guardian Fighter: Line Breaker Assault: This power will now consistently activate when hitting targets.
  • Hunter Ranger: Thorned Roots: This damage component of this power is no longer incorrectly resisted by control resist.

Items and Economy
  • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.
  • Trickster Rogue Rare primary weapons level 61+ are not only usable in the main hand.

User Interface
  • Inspecting a player defaults to the equipment tab again.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think you mean "noW only usable".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    what about making the reward for iwd dependent on the size of the he. As it currently stands, the large encounters are being largely ignored in favour of the tiny ones.

Could we please have a journal entry saying what rewards are available from each encounter ?
    info under the iwd tab would be nice.

edit: another option is increasing the loot drop and slowing down the spawn rate of he's if you are trying to prevent players from running around the map like a kid in a candy store.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please tell me you fixed some of the many pally bugs and just forgot to mention it, so many of them are horribly lag inducing as well as OP (pun intended) that they need to be addressed.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?954001-A-Plethora-of-Pally-bugs

Also... (Inb4 CW complaints about SS nerf.)
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    That will make many players happy xD

zomg, that's amazing.
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We finally had a legit way to honestly farm our way to epic / legendary artifact gear and now you are taking it away from us is that right ?

Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.

Srsly what is this?
    Cant u maybe i dont know.... make the great succes harder to obtain ?
    Smth like u have to play the HE until the very end and leaving the zone of the HE gives u 0 reward.
    Or cap the max number of Players per instance down to 30 ?
    But no.
    This is very disappointing.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We finally had a legit way to honestly farm our way to epic / legendary artifact gear and now you are taking it away from us is that right ?

Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.

Srsly what is this?
    Cant u maybe i dont know.... make the great succes harder to obtain ?
    Smth like u have to play the HE until the very end and leaving the zone of the HE gives u 0 reward.
    Or cap the max number of Players per instance down to 30 ?
    But no.
    This is very disappointing.

Reduced does not mean abandoned or removed. Perhaps it might be wise to see that the new rewards will be, before engaging in hysteria.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That will be a drastical damage decrease for CW.

If I cast one steal time I see at least 5+ storm spell proccs which crit, now I will see 1 yellow one... ****, the damage will drop really hard.

Long due, tbh. Was getting sick of 20-40k storm spell crits in PvP that melt anyone like ice. And hey, weren't CWs complaining about GWF intimidation procs hitting too hard last mod? Karma, I guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Reduced means to the point of not worth investing your time any more such as happened with dragon hoard or similiar methods. which were abused. But now we have a really decent reward/time spent ration with iwd, if they were to implement suggested changes.
    Lets see how this turns out. Maybe they will change their minds about it.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    panderus wrote: »

[*]Control Wizard
    • Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

Thats just great :(

Is this because of some pvpers...?
  • Options
    mvliet434mvliet434 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Reduced does not mean abandoned or removed. Perhaps it might be wise to see that the new rewards will be, before engaging in hysteria.

Great Succes now gives a Peridot instead of a Aquamarine.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    just bought tons of cheap aquamarine. Now I can only hope they reduce it drastically!

And because of similiar BIS geared ppl who dont want others to even catch up a little bit and screaming in the forum "Nerf this IWD Drop its unreasonable and i dont want others to have some decent gear" we will never see a good reward/time spent ratio again i guess ?
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance

[*]Control Wizard

Any explanation of this? This means 20-30% dmg drop at the safest estimation.
    CWs can forget Lostmauth as well.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike

So you decided to take the damage off our encounters and buff stormspell in return, now you nerf stormspell. I'm very annoyed about this. What are we supposed to do now? You can't cc t2 mobs for much and now we won't hit hard, even though we didn't hit as hard as gwf at all.

After tomorrow its likely see you guys after the next rebalance because I'm not interested in roleplaying an anchor.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And thats why u want to nerf the IWD drops for ppl who enjoy playing the "grind your way to top" at a reasonable reward / time spent ratio right ?
    You did not consider how much time it actually takes to max out 1 of those artifact gears ?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • PVP: Armor Penetration Resistance now correctly works as expected against players.
      • Tenacity: Armor Penetration Resistance is now multiplicative. Base Armor penetration resistance is now 20% to compensate.
      • Tenacity: Damage Resistance and Critical Resistance from Tenacity are now correctly multiplicative.

WOOHOO!!! Thanks guys, this is HUGE! GREAT WORK!

Now my ONLY request is that you make Negation only stack 5 times and therefore make the Inc healing and recov 2% per stack (up from 1) AND!!!! On the same layer as REGULAR DR so that it can also be mitigated by ARP and RI.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • General
    • Control Wizard
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Punishing Charge: Rank 4 now correctly increases your number of charges.
    • Guardian Fighter: Line Breaker Assault: This power will now consistently activate when hitting targets.
    • Hunter Ranger: Thorned Roots: This damage component of this power is no longer incorrectly resisted by control resist.

Items and Economy
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.
    • Trickster Rogue Rare primary weapons level 61+ are not only usable in the main hand.

User Interface

HOW about we fix stuff for a change? Like you know Transcendent Vorpal and Terror being worse than a perfect?

What about the SF bug where you take damage if SF saves you and you have res sickness?
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Long due, tbh. Was getting sick of 20-40k storm spell crits in PvP that melt anyone like ice. And hey, weren't CWs complaining about GWF intimidation procs hitting too hard last mod? Karma, I guess.

You know there is such a thing as PVE. What you say makes sense for PVP but this is BS for PVE.
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    First time I've read a patch note that I 100% liked. Great job guys. Pat yourselves on the back.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    what does "multiplicative" mean? - 20 arpen resis was needed? so us tanks, are gonna be piece of cake again? Dps classes hit really hard.

CW who complain now. Warlocks main source of dmg was taken off "creppind death and accursed set", now suffer our same pain!. ;)
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance
    User Interface

But can you inspect people from afar again? The change 100% doesn't matter unless you can.

Is a fix for trans/vorpal coming? Just posted a couple of logs, it's still defintiely NOT working and debuffing the user. You can see it here.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    what does "multiplicative" mean? - 20 arpen resis was needed? so us tanks, are gonna be piece of cake again? Dps classes hit really hard.

CW who complain now. Warlocks main source of dmg was taken off "creppind death and accursed set", now suffer our same pain!. ;)

I think he meant that base arpen resist now is 20% and not 40%. But I may be wrong, will hop on test server later to confirm. In case it's additional arpen resist... then that would be worse than it was this whole week. As we'd be looking at 100% arpen resist so not even bis players would benefit from stacking arpen.
This discussion has been closed.