What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.6

Comments

• Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    So you decided to take the damage off our encounters and buff stormspell in return, now you nerf stormspell. I'm very annoyed about this. What are we supposed to do now? You can't cc t2 mobs for much and now we won't hit hard, even though we didn't hit as hard as gwf at all.
    Yes. Storm spell was given for shard dmg loss...
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    I think he meant that base arpen resist now is 20% and not 40%. But I may be wrong, will hop on test server later to confirm. In case it's additional arpen resist... then that would be worse than it was this whole week. As we'd be looking at 100% arpen resist so not even bis players would benefit from stacking arpen.

Means it will work either 2 ways...
    1: multiply your arpen, when you attack a target, by 0.8
    2: multiply your defense, when an attack comes in, by 1.2

Not sure which one it is, I don't pvp, but thats what the word multiply generally means :p
  • Options
    pitersoulpitersoul Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, well. I have to say, that cryptic knows how force ppl to leave. Nerf for CW is a bit ridiculous for me. I wonder when they fix bugged lostmauth set? Or balance HR's roots and TR's dazze?? Dungeons now are useless. Everything in this game bacome bound to acc or character. Ppl can't earn money cuz once again, dungeons are useless. What we should to do? The only way for the most of players to get better artifacts or artifact sets was legit farm ICW enounters. Do u really want force players to leave this game for a good? Do u see how many players already left? NV will be never balanced, devs proved it many times. They balance skills for pvp and in the same time ruine pve. I wonder why they heck pvp abilities are not separated form pve abilities? This should resolve many of ur issues.
  • Options
    derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oi, although I'd agree it was a bit overpowered, the nerf on Storm Spell seems quite harsh. Either the ICD OR non-crit would have been more than enough... IMO the current change will make Storm Spell practically useless.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    what
    the

Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

So, you find it ok to nerf CW damage by 20%???
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    karma mate CWs cryed for warlock nerfs so thats what u get in the end!
    im really really happy to see that overpowered passive balanced now, CW is not primary striker anyway!
    You have this mantra on your walls do you?
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes we should balance the classes around hurt feelings, mong
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i hope the tonedown to shield and renegade buffs is next there is no way such a thing should stay with current stat curves in mod 6.

Don't get your hopes up!
    Next should be Gwfs overbuffs. Weapon dmg, hidden daggers etc
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quite an interesting set of notes to say the least...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    im really really happy to see that overpowered passive balanced now, CW is not primary striker anyway!

while i do fear karma i wasnt a cw that complained about it and i also wasnt a overpowered negation using cw. so explain to me why i should be nerfed so severely? sure it needed to be toned down but this is overkill.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    while i do fear karma i wasnt a cw that complained about it and i also wasnt a overpowered negation using cw. so explain to me why i should be nerfed so severely? sure it needed to be toned down but this is overkill.

Were every CW nerf derived from some "pvper" complaints...?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i see 0 problem with primary striker melee class having highest dmg ingame.
    Do your homework:
    GWf is a defender offtank!
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Were every CW nerf derived from some "pvper" complaints...?

yes almost there was maybe one or two that was pve based but it was always from people who wanted to be top in their class. i dont see cw's toping the scoreboards and making teams run away in fear. i see tr's doing this STILL.
  • Options
    faltiigrimfaltiigrim Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow. That is a pretty monstrous evisceration of CW damage there with Storm Spell. Internal cooldown AND impossible for it to crit? Ouch. And Icewind Dale, heh, I knew that wouldn't last for too long, was fun while it lasted. Looks like the Heralds are going to be back in vogue!!!
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited June 2015

everyone always cries at what every other class can do, that's been a problem with this game from way back when. if people spent more time playing, and less time *****ing at what everyone else is doing, it might not be the mess it is now.

will you still be really happy when the inevitable complaints come back round to SW in due course, and the nerfs that ensue?

something tells me no.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Control Wizard

Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

What an intelligent change , double nerf CW but leave the Lostmauth set in it's current massively overpowered BiS for every single class whether they use the stats or not state , fantastic prioritization you guys have over at cryptic , no wonder our game is so perfectly balanced .
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do your homework:

GWF is a striker primary with defender as a secondary. the only way you could get more DPS would be a striker/leader combo.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Like intimidation nerf was overkill (deals lower damage than at-wills), like gushing wound nerf was overkill and etc etc. Get used to it, because we did.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do your homework:

Thanks for the laugh buddy.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And in all honesty, SW should be doing lots more damage then a CW since SW has nothing but damage and no control at all
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Do your homework:

...even if we explained how wrong you are you wouldn't get it.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    when are u going to fix:
    Lostmauths vengeance
    Wheel of fire
    Feytouched enchantment
    HR perma root and daze.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is no way you can possibly make changes for PVP balance and have PVE unaffected by them. SO please dear pvp maniacs either find another game to play or ask developers for a way to make PVP changes without interfering with PVE. Its the main reason this game was initially destroyed, stop mixing pvp with pve changes. Isnt there a friggin FLAG somewhere in your code to use for PVP ONLY CHANGES? Cant you just apply the pvp changes when a person is playing pvp? Why we PVE players have to endure all these annoying changes, for more than 2 years now, that totally break the game balance of ALL CLASSES in PVE because a pvp kid gets destroyed from another kid because his dudu did double damage? Reason and logic rest in peace one more time.
This discussion has been closed.