thx mate i needed that laugh.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Great_Weapon_Fighter

Your welcome:

Fighter is a martial defender class in 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    matiagronx wrote: »
    There is no way you can possibly make changes for PVP balance and have PVE unaffected by them. SO please dear pvp maniacs either find another game to play or ask developers for a way to make PVP changes without interfering with PVE. Its the main reason this game was initially destroyed, stop mixing pvp with pve changes. Isnt there a friggin FLAG somewhere in your code to use for PVP ONLY CHANGES? Cant you just apply the pvp changes when a person is playing pvp? Why we PVE players have to endure all these annoying changes, for more than 2 years now, that totally break the game balance of ALL CLASSES in PVE because a pvp kid gets destroyed from another kid because his dudu did double damage? Reason and logic rest in peace one more time.

this a needed PvE change as well. Stormspell has been doing way too much damage for way too long. Deep Gash got nerfed after one mod and SS has stayed around for 2.5 mods now
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    they nerfed the rewards in Icewind dale by 75%.... thanks so much guys. Way to listen to feedback :(
    edited June 2015
    Your welcome:

Fighter is a martial defender class in 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter

This is neverwinter, not one of your pen and paper games. just because they come from the same place doesn't mean they are the same
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    THat's not a CW problem. That's a SW problem. So please stay on topic?
    you can complain abou the lack of SW changes all you wish, but don't go blaming it on CWs.

it isn't about blaming it on CWs, i agree that SWs need their own damage buffs, but CWs needed to be brought in line as well
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    this a needed PvE change as well. Stormspell has been doing way too much damage for way too long. Deep Gash got nerfed after one mod and SS has stayed around for 2.5 mods now

Deep gash was a calculation error because of its fix GWFs QQd the moon.
    Thay got pretty much buff compensations after it.
    Storm spell was in compensation of shard dmg nerf and making the once ranged CW to a "melee" wizard.
    I see no compensation.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With what the class damage is dead tomorrow
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Oh btw teribad...just wait for the still to come SW changes that we can expect :p
    Fabled set nerf
    Damnation tree nerf
    A few other nerfs just because

To those CW's complaining, stop, I main CW, SS ren and quite honestly, we can find a way to work around this, its a bit sad that teribad likes to pour salt onto wounded classes but hey, lets show we have more class :p
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    LoL go nerf the cw o.O
    try make a pvp, cw vs tr its IMPOSSIBLE A CW win with same power and critical.

Its impossible stun a TR with cw, dont work DONT WORK the stuns, when work its for 1s

Chalange to Devs: Make a cw and tr with same power and critial and go pvp and make a video i want to see.
    i go stop to put my money on this ****
    I love cw, i play with cw, i have put much money every month to make a good cw, but its impossible.
  • pitersoulpitersoul Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    LoL go nerf the cw o.O
    try make a pvp, cw vs tr its IMPOSSIBLE A CW win with same power and critical.

Its impossible stun a TR with cw, dont work DONT WORK the stuns, when work its for 1s

Chalange to Devs: Make a cw and tr with same power and critial and go pvp and make a video i want to see.
    i go stop to put my money on this ****
    I love cw, i play with cw, i have put much money every month to make a good cw, but its impossible.

This is the great balance by cryptic:)
  • lichdrowlichdrow Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    panderus wrote: »

Items and Economy

[*]Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.

Another kick in the nuts for legit players. Guess the lesson here is exploit & bot foundries...profit...while everyone else falls even further behind
    edited June 2015
    I have seen nothing that warrants a 30% dmg output nerf. If anything, things will only get harder in dungeons. You do remember that while you're still under repair, it is up to the CW to take care of a huge chunk of the DPS since our control already got nerfed into non-existence by both the PvP crowd and rework 6 right?

The mentality in this game of stacking CW because they have the best damage and excellent control is what warrants a nerf to CW damage. Control is a bit screwed up this mod for sure, but a CW still does an excellent job of that in any dungeon they are a part of. And if things take another 5 minutes to complete because the CW isn't a DPS god quite as much anymore (remember you still have lots of other damage) then I'm totally fine with that.

Basically, you CWs need to go test this stuff and see how it plays out. then come back and complain once you have some act results.

and this is a quote from a successful CW who has one of the better DPS CW guides. Link
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    And let's keep this in perspective. A class feature doing 40%+ of your damage...we knew that was going to get tweaked. I'm going to see how bad the change actually is before abandoning Stormspell all together.

Even if it's a 50% cut to the damage of Spellstorm, having a class feature buff your damage by 20% is nothing to sneeze at :)
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    This is actually a great patch. Now I have incentive to not bother logging in anymore.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nicely done folks. :)
    I aim to misbehave
    edited June 2015
    The mentality in this game of stacking CW because they have the best damage and excellent control is what warrants a nerf to CW damage. Control is a bit screwed up this mod for sure, but a CW still does an excellent job of that in any dungeon they are a part of. And if things take another 5 minutes to complete because the CW isn't a DPS god quite as much anymore (remember you still have lots of other damage) then I'm totally fine with that.

Basically, you CWs need to go test this stuff and see how it plays out. then come back and complain once you have some act results.

What surprises me is that this nerf came before the devotion pally nerf and not that it came. The devotion pally is actually mechanically broken in so many ways that it is actually bad for server stability. With the more proactive approach the dev team has had this mod though, I am not surprised this change occured.
  • lichdrowlichdrow Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    there is still 1 problem

Piercing dmg has to go, atm TR is melting bis geared classes by throwing cloud of steel for 10k shadow oppurtunity procs please do some balance changes on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqZLIvkp8SU

You was saying something about TR's ?
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015

CW Best dmg? ACT results?
    Riiight!

Tiamat ACTs:
    80mill GWFS;
    50mill: SWs, CWS, HRs.

VT ACTs
    57mill GWFs
    32mill CW
    edited June 2015
    What surprises me is that this nerf came before the devotion pally nerf and not that it came. The devotion pally is actually mechanically broken in so many ways that it is actually bad for server stability. With the more proactive approach the dev team has had this mod though, I am not surprised this change occured.

The ability for Devotion Paladin to gain AP during their damage intercept daily will get fixed eventuall to bring it in line with Hallowed Ground, Supremacy of Steel and other dailies in the game. but yeah, it is taking a while
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its impossible to kill bis TR on any class thou not just CW rofl.
    you is a tr?
    This is the great balance by cryptic
    you is a tr?

Cw have a bad defense, die easy, now skills and stuns dont work. and now reduce the demage? wtf wtf.

How about TRS? i want to see a nerf on TRs too, all here know the tr is the best class of game, kill all anothers easy, invisible bambys.
    and why never nerf this class?
  • pitersoulpitersoul Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    you is a tr?
    you is a tr?

Cw have a bad defense, die easy, now skills and stuns dont work. and now reduce the demage? wtf wtf.

How about TRS? i want to see a nerf on TRs too, all here know the tr is the best class of game, kill all anothers easy, invisible bambys.
    and why never nerf this class?

U don't know why? Cuz rich kids wouldn't donate this game anymore :D
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Yes. Storm spell was given for shard dmg loss...
    You do remember that CWs had to abandon Shard for that right? Once upon a time that skill was actually useful.

You're both aware that MoF's can't use storm spell I hope? So that seems fair, let's compensate 1/2 the class.

Anyway, it's a control power, it's useful, if you don't like it then don't use it.
    Now CWs get tripple nerfed in the damage AND have no decent way to control anything in T2 dungeons. Good luck getting through these dungeons without us.

I do T2s daily, our control is fine. Maybe it's your build, maybe it's the fact you ignore control powers because "they don't do enough damage", who knows, but that's your issue, not a class issue.

---

As for IWD, make the minor heroics give less RP and the major/larger heroics reward more, that's the main issue here. Seriously guys, getting 2k RP for minors is and was ridiculous, and needed to be altered.

Should there be more RP in the game? Yes. That however doesn't mean that a minor heroic that can be done in about 30 seconds should be THAT rewarding. If anything there needs to be buffs to RP sources in dungeons, and other aspects of the game. Add RP to the daily dungeon chests and more from bosses.
    edited June 2015
    The ability for Devotion Paladin to gain AP during their damage intercept daily will get fixed eventuall to bring it in line with Hallowed Ground, Supremacy of Steel and other dailies in the game. but yeah, it is taking a while

I was referring more to that link to a large list of devotion issues I linked on page 1...its huge and overwhelming and I am sure there are a few I have not picked up on yet.
This discussion has been closed.