What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

6/4/2015 - OP Changes / Divine Judgement Feedback

Comments

• Options
    buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2015
    from HR SW and now OP comes.... First your Over powered after few weeks nerf comes always.. maybe the quota for selling packs are meant then they leave the bug skils encounter powers behind... but i dnt see OP being nerfed for a very long time.its healer / tank class w/c pve users need the most now at days. and most of his skills are suport/heal type they really need a massive damage to help them lvl.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We all knew this was coming. I was hitting for over a million in PvE with the Perfect Storm of buffs/debuffs in a five-man party. That's just too much. I'm sad I won't be raining down Divine Judgement in PvP anymore, but hey, such is life.

What would've been nice is a working Shield of Faith to go with this downscaling of the single target damage. I'm kinda running out of useful dailies here, as a Devotion spec. Although firing Heroism back to back on a Dragonborn is quite amusing. I get to shout GODZILLA every time.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thats it. The class sucks now. That was the nail in the coffin. Divine Call animation is too long, GWFs generate more threat than us, spiderlings, bandits and archers one-shot us periodically, our at-will and encounter damage is too low, sanctuary is broken... Etc. etc. etc.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ....funny to see: When after Mod 6 launch i complained that the current pain balance was really painful for HR and SW I got "L2P" and "crybaby" from all sides. Now Pally gets a wee little change to one skill, and ppl QQ all over.

...why am I not surprised???
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Instead of complaining about DJ which had to be changed complain they didnt buff the dmg of encounters and at will attacks which would help doing dailies without affecting other aspects of the game. Look how much dmg GF encounters do, heck you can even 2-3 shot people and bring hard CC.

my paladin is at 1800 item level with aura of courage and the aura of radiance + burning light i kill fast the mobs before even the judgement pop up when i was doing my dailies.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    my paladin is at 1800 item level with aura of courage and the aura of radiance + burning light i kill fast the mobs before even the judgement pop up when i was doing my dailies.

Which dailies ? bet you weren't fighting 73s
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The nerf to this has made it useless as a daily. Not really even worth equipping anymore since it was the ONLY SKILL we paladins had that did any actual damage but not anymore. Pretty worthless skill now. Thanks by the way for making the class worse than it was at doing any kind of dps.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Just tried this out and it is useless as a daily power now. They should just make it an encounter power as it isn't worth equipping as a daily anymore. Thanks for making the class worse at doing any kind of dps since our one usefull skill is now pretty much useless.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well I guess we need to put it out there;

wine-and-cheese.jpg
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    70% nerf to DJ is clearly excessive, I don't envy any OP that hasn't finished IWD yet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looks like we are going to need more cheese Championshewolf. There is more whine here then in a French vineyard.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I feel sorry for all the paladins who haven't completed ice wind dale or dreadring, also those who haven't gotten their 2k gear from 2k dungeons, Crpytic just messed up a lot of good DPS in dungeons and Tiamat, not happy with this pisspoor damage, not when bosses have 50mill HP or more

a) IwD is a cakewalk, currently, with the Pally. At least in comparison to what it was ten days ago when it had been Ghost Town Central. The HE's come as freebies and you even get RP for free as an aside...

b) Even with full single hit DJ your (and my - I'm playing a Pally, too) contribution to bosskill DPS is a drop in the ocean. But nobody expects you to do all that well there. Silver linings of playing a Tank/Healer/Support char...

c) If Biggrin is too tough for you and/or takes too long and/or guildmates won't run with you - ask for support in zone chat. I'm perfectly sure some HR or SW will be happy to help.

After all, this really is only a change in mechanics, and, intelligently used under certain circumstances, total damage actually is quite a bit higher than it had been before...
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Divine Judgement's target cap was increased from 5 to 7.

Perhaps it's just me, but I have trouble (as a healer, not a tank drawing all agro to me) hitting more than 2-3 targets anyhow. How about you other OPs? Are you able to benefit from the increased target cap? What technique do you use?
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Technically, you profit from the fourth target onwards.

But I'd be grateful for a slightly larger AoE diameter...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They didn't even need to mess with this at all. More important stuff needed to be worked on. And nerfing the only dps skill the paladin class actually has is idiotic and more so since they nerfed if with a nuke.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Who are you kidding? Paladins are tanks or healers. They should be one-shotting exactly no oone. You know for a fact no one is one-shotting them.

Really? Crying class balance is the best you can do, when not one class is balanced in this game?
  • Options
    xemnarxemnar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if there has been a miscommunication between devs and they actually wanted to tone it down to 67% of it's original value instead. Cause right now it is just a daily that does damage, without any cc or special effect, and deals as much damage as an encounter power on pvp lol
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They should buff paladin's dailies and encounters dmg instead. GF got a +50% dmg bonus with m6.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Next better they better increase dmg of Paladin At - Will attacks by 50%. Look how big dps boost got GF in the m6.
  • Options
    cogixcogix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    seriously?
    I have an OP, a TW and GF.
    I tried OP "one shot" daily today after the patch hitting a mob and hitting dummies.
    From previous average 100k damage, it went about 17k on mob and 25 on dummies.
    Many people here are complaining about that "stong" one shot daily of op, well recently I did some PVPs and I noticed that other classes using negation enchantment are much more "tank" than op without negation ench.
    And more, sometimes I was using that daily over some ranger or mages and the damage I caused was about 2k.... and they could shot me in 3-4 sec.
    I know I have not the best equipment in the game (even I have 2 pieces of lvl 70 elven armor and 1 piece of burning gladiator armor).
    That daily was the only one "damaging" power of the op... and now is just something useless; I do more damage with encounter power in 2-3 sec...
    If people here were complaining a lot about that power, I should start to complain about power of other classes too.
    And if developers really wanted to nerf that daily power, I think it would be good idea to nerf only in and leave that power in pve.
    In the end, from today I stop to do pvp (negation enchantment is making each class already a tank) and I will do pve only...