Install Arc
Options

6/4/2015 - OP Changes / Divine Judgement Feedback

Comments

• Options
    dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    At level 69 you haven't been hit by the extreme diminishing returns. 70 is weaker than 60. If I were to use pretty much any of my encounters when bumped down to level 55 or 60 etc, I can pretty much one shot things. At 70, the mobs just laugh because you are tickling them.

I have seen the diminishing returns even at 69 I don't see my character as weaker than when I hit 60 unlike many paladins I have inspected I have nearly 4k in power and crit and nearly 3k in AP most of the ones I see running around have been staking power and crying they can't do damage.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    based on your statement, healing DC should still allowed to do damage tho daily as well

Perhaps, but that is a different topic. Oath of Devotion is much weaker than Oath of Protection. Apparently any "healing" path has to be weak?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    dragonogre wrote: »
    I have seen the diminishing returns even at 69 I don't see my character as weaker than when I hit 60 unlike many paladins I have inspected I have nearly 4k in power and crit and nearly 3k in AP most of the ones I see running around have been staking power and crying they can't do damage.

Have you done dailies in IWD yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Personally no I am doing the dragon dailys for boons to unlock my quest in IWD that needs 3 boons from the same campaign but another pally in my guild has with a similar setup and not found much of an issue.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have you done dailies in IWD yet?
    Why would he be doing dailies in IWD at L69? You need to be L70 and decently geared with some boons under your belt before venturing there.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Personally no I am doing the dragon dailys for boons to unlock my quest in IWD that needs 3 boons from the same campaign but another pally in my guild has with a similar setup and not found much of an issue.

Don't need boons for IWD anymore.
    Why would he be doing dailies in IWD at L69? You need to be L70 and decently geared with some boons under your belt before venturing there.

And just to provide some clarification, you *can* go to IWD right at 60. As outlined above, it's not a good idea, but there's nothing that would actually disallow it (click through and ignore the warning).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I am trying to get the sigil from the one guy in the bar it needs the 3 boons from the npc's text when I talked to him.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I am trying to get the sigil from the one guy in the bar it needs the 3 boons from the npc's text when I talked to him.

Hmm, I hadn't seen that at all.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited June 2015

He's saying he has no issues with dps and didn't notice any difference with the DJ nerf so I suspected he hadn't tried IWD yet. That is where it will be noticed the most, and to a lesser degree in WOD.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Odd. I did the Vault of the Nine early on with my Paladin and I certainly didn't have three boons from Sharandar/DR. Are you sure you're reading the text right?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Lets get back to the fundamentals.

Why is anyone complaining about the old damage from DJ? I bet it's ONLY PVPers complaining.

Having run T2 dungeons well over 100 times, having parsed many of the runs, I can assure you, DJ is not a significant contributor to damage. In fact, unless you were cheating, you shouldn't be popping DJ in a T2 dungeon. Keeping the dps alive is your goal and will contribute more to a faster run than popping DJ.

For solo play, doing dailies, I used it quite a bit, but was it really that obscene compared to what a CW or SW could do for solo play? Hell, with oppressive force, I would do more damage to a whole truckload of mobs and stun them too.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    He's saying he has no issues with dps and didn't notice any difference with the DJ nerf so I suspected he hadn't tried IWD yet. That is where it will be noticed the most, and to a lesser degree in WOD.
    IWD is meant to be difficult.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I can see these peeps have either already leveled a Pally or have never leveled a pally. Not dps class . . . I agree, BUT, there are times when you need to solo and this nerf puts a big crimp in the soloing/leveling process.
    I hardly ever used DJ while levelling my Pally. It really wasn't difficult. I didn't use it that much in Sharandar and DR pre nerf either. There are other ways of generating enough DPS.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    For solo play, doing dailies, I used it quite a bit, but was it really that obscene compared to what a CW or SW could do for solo play? Hell, with oppressive force, I would do more damage to a whole truckload of mobs and stun them too.
    Comparing our damage output to that of two high DPS classes is a bit pointless. And CW will always be better at everything than any other class. I think it's a law or something.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know where all you keep coming up with hitting for 600k, 1 million, or 200k. My paladin can't do it and never could do it. Heck, most of the time, the power did lower than the lowest it was supposed to do. Every once in a great while it would get a crit for a decent amount but very seldom. Couldn't even 1 shot a hexer in cragmire crypts unless I got a crit. So I don't know where all this excessive damage comes from. All I can say is now for me, this power is as weak as all the rest of the powers I have and fighting anything will just take forever now. I have a limited amount of play time and nerfing the ONLY SKILL the paladin had that did any kind of damage is just plain stupid and makes doing anything now just extremely slow and tedious.
    As I take it, this nerf is basically for those people who do pvp and were saying the paladin was to op. Just for your info, my paladin was never op in any way, shape, or form and is now worse off than it was. I don't even care for pvp or play pvp so why should I have to suffer with such an extreme nerf. Sure maybe the paladin wasn't meant to do extreme dps but having only 1 skill that did any nerfed to high heaven is just absurd.
    You can't balance pvp and kill the game for everyone that doesn't play pvp in the process.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just one thing that springs to mind, why the direct nerf hit with 67%?
    Why not start let's say at 25% or even lower, and go from there?
    And then take some numbers from regular equiped players, that doesn't have BiS everywhere... and compare it with the same equipment level to other classes and their daily powers?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Comparing our damage output to that of two high DPS classes is a bit pointless. And CW will always be better at everything than any other class. I think it's a law or something.

They were and still are. My point being the old DJ was not obscene and wasn't even close to what a CW or SW could do so why nerf it by 67%?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So, what you are say is that Pally's should take 3-5 times long to level than everyone else, and 2 times as long as a GF?

Level a Pally with this nerf and then comeback and say we should not be a dps class.

Exactly. This is a quality of life nerf, not a balance. It wasn't obscene damage, but at least it allowed reasonable dps when doing dailies.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Here is a novel idea, how about having a pvp server and a pve server. That way those of us who don't play pvp and don't want to don't have to suffer such extreme nerfs to our powers and characters just to try and better balance pvp for the small percentage of players that play it. Not a very good idea to kill the game for everyone that doesn't play pvp.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It was a pvp nerf. Nothing more. It doesn't benefit any paladin that does only pve. Like me. I don't do pvp, don't have all the great gear and stuff and I relied on this skill a lot. Because it was the only 1 I had that did any real damage. And now it is no better than any of my encounter powers. They should just make it an encounter power now. It is a waste of space for a daily power as is.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Odd. I did the Vault of the Nine early on with my Paladin and I certainly didn't have three boons from Sharandar/DR. Are you sure you're reading the text right?

I have 4 boons on 2 characters they are split between 2 different campaigns. I checked google and someone was having the same issue and someone pointed out the 3 needed to be from the same campaign not 2 different ones for it to count.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I have 4 boons on 2 characters they are split between 2 different campaigns. I checked google and someone was having the same issue and someone pointed out the 3 needed to be from the same campaign not 2 different ones for it to count.

Our point is that the boon requirement used to be in place in order to travel to IWD at all, and this requirement was lifted in M6. There may still be some text in the game that hasn't been updated, and there is most assuredly a lot of information on the web explaining how it used to work.

Twilightwatchman did the Vault quest to get the artifact as soon as he could, sans boons. I haven't actually gone to IWD to try to pick it up, so I can't comment on that.

Which NPC are you talking to that's telling you to get boons? The sea captain in PE or Jarlaxle?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Our point is that the boon requirement used to be in place in order to travel to IWD at all, and this requirement was lifted in M6. There may still be some text in the game that hasn't been updated, and there is most assuredly a lot of information on the web explaining how it used to work.

Twilightwatchman did the Vault quest to get the artifact as soon as he could, sans boons. I haven't actually gone to IWD to try to pick it up, so I can't comment on that.

Which NPC are you talking to that's telling you to get boons? The sea captain in PE or Jarlaxle?

He is in the tavern to the north west part of Caer-Konig he stands to the left side of the fire I think Jarlaxle Baenre was the name not at home to login at the moment.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    He is in the tavern to the north west part of Caer-Konig he stands to the left side of the fire I think Jarlaxle Baenre was the name not at home to login at the moment.

Ok, that is Jarlaxle. Thanks.

I'll have to go talk to him and see if they've put the old restrictions for going to IWD right onto this quest without documenting the change.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok, that is Jarlaxle. Thanks.

I'll have to go talk to him and see if they've put the old restrictions for going to IWD right onto this quest without documenting the change.

Maybe they changed it to 70 for IWD and the old requirement was lvl 60 3 boons from Sharander or 3 boons from Dreadring.