test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what do you think of mod 6? (player feedback)

Comments

• Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Exactly. whats the point of "threatening to leave". its shown no changes before. if you're going to leave, do it, and maybe come back in a few weeks/months when things change. I bounce between never-winter and GTAV , and a few other MMO's quite often. I always come back to neverwinter though, more so for my friends than for the current state of the game. and although a LOT of changes are really needed to make the game super fun again. I cant say I'm not enjoying myself at times.

I spend most my time now back on UO ,always seems to be my fallback game. Also waiting for the next Skyforge beta to start ,that is a fun, fun game. Also look's like it has a wicked great design team
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    noetic2 wrote: »
    I am not sure what to make of the threats to leave the game. For me, it's not something I'm going to make a decision about. The day is just going to arrive when I am no longer interested. In fact, I've hit the wall several times, already, where it just seemed like too much work to log on. Mighty hard for the devs to keep coming up with new content. Mighty hard balancing act to keep new players coming in and old hands hooked on the game. Can't tell if they are ever going to get it right. All the bugs sure make it hard to keep up the faith. Just amazes me that software developers can get away with putting out products that don't work properly. Guess that "free to play" gives them license for that, but after investing hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, customers are not going to feel that way.

"Neverwinter: The Cash Grab" has broken my interest in the game. I'd just gotten back into putting money into the game (they finally fixed Fey Thistle, and I'd promised I'd be a paying customer again if they ever did!) and had been doing so repeatedly...I don't even want to think about that money. Almost everything I did, nearly everything I'd ground for, paid for, fought long and hard for was *invalidated* by Mod6. I'll admit I haven't bothered to check in some time now, but when I last played a few weeks back, the stuff I'd worked hard to get and upgrade (not to or past purple, thank goodness!) was not scaling past 60. My Golden Dragon items started AND stopped at level 60. Really? You couldn't even plan THAT far ahead?

I'm not sure why I bothered to read the forum today. Nostalgia, I suppose. Also, I won't even get INTO the "Boo and Minsc Nostalgia Cash Cow" stuff...

I'm not threatening anything; it's already done. I and my entire guild have stopped playing. We weren't whales, but we paid, we RP'd, we supported the game with fun interactions AND cash, and we're done. HOPEFULLY only for now...we'll see. Thankfully, I have other games to play. The Secret World and Wildstar have had a lot of fun updates recently, and they are now getting my funds and my play-time. I haven't deleted all my characters or anything stupid, but I am (once again) voting with my wallet. This Module was stupid, ill-thought-out and poorly implemented, and your punishment is that I am not playing or paying you. I haven't even bothered to upgrade my game client. It's not uninstalled, but why bother?

The last, the VERY last straw for me was as stupid and tiny of a thing as it is fundamental...Invocation. I found the threads that mentioned from Test that Invocation wasn't resetting. You KNEW all along that Invocation wasn't resetting for some people all throughout the Test era. Bug reports were filed, comments were made, the whole bloody MODULE got a pushback to fix it up more before release...but you didn't even bother to fix THAT? It went live, and had that bug in it still. Even after all the feedback, even after a huge hold-off to 'fix bugs'...no, huh? Okay.

Well, as a really nifty portion of TSW reminded me recently, "You reap what you sow". I have no idea what the heck you thought you were sowing here...whenever you get the field cleared up enough, maybe I'll be back. Right now it's all filled with brambles and moneysucker vines, and I have games that I want to PLAY. Good luck; I loved this game, and hope I will get to again.

-liz
  • Options
    sevrienasevriena Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm fairly disappointed with the current content. esp the end game content where trash mobs require a group to do or to be so heavily geared that you can barely solo them. i'm also not the only one that feels this way. When simple basic content is virtually unlikely to be soloable by most players there is a serious overtune problem and whoever decided to do things this way needs to be removed from there current position to do something else and someone else put to task. we're talking about basic scaling of power. and its not very hard to do. I've been playing mmo's since EQ days and this is the only game i've played that this Overtune problem on mobs 70+ have taken so long to be fixed. any mmo i've played has either gotten it right the first time or had the prob fixed with a 2 week period.
  • Options
    laggaliciouslaggalicious Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not about threats to leave the game. I still come in and invoke and do professions. I go to the patch notes to see if that "light bulb" moment has happened yet. Patches to date don't indicate any sense of urgency on the part of Cryptic to fix much of anything in a timely manner. So far the light bulb hasn't gone on. Many folks still play the game to some degree but, like me, they have shifted to F2P mode as opposed to being contributors at the Zen store. For all practical purposes, those people and I have "left the game" in a sense. F2P doesn't pay the bills. F2P with content compelling enough to make players want to spend their money on your game pays the bills. MOD 6 was a major fail in that sense and I don't see it keeping many people's interest very long in it's current state. Time will tell.
  • Options
    xxquisitexxquisite Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm a social, casual player. I've played for quite some time. One of the reason I chose Neverwinter is because of the solo content. If I have a few free moments in my day I could log on - work on my campaigns. Enemies were tough enough to keep me on my toes, but they were do-able. Weekends I could play with my friends. We had tons of fun. Since this Mod I have played very little. Even at level 70 (HR) most areas I used to have fun playing, are now too difficult to solo. All I do is die. Before the Mod I had a respectable set of gear. The gear I have gotten while leveling to 70 has not been able to keep up with the difficulty of the mobs - even with a friend. My friends and I are now discussing other games. Sad, because we really used to enjoy Neverwinter. We had high hopes of a better game after the Mod - fun new adventures - better gear. The new Mod has been hugely disappointing and certainly not fun.
  • Options
    iwand3riwand3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    khimera906 wrote: »
    You should have put a 4th option; complete apathy, cause that's what I feel.
    There are bits and pieces that I like, but those could've been introduced as a regular update, not with a new module. I don't like or dislike M6, I just don't give rat's furry behind about it. However, I hate what this game has turned into, and I will not support it anymore. Unless something drastic happens"

I hate that I have to write this, I really do. There has to be something said about taking something that was pretty awesome to play and enjoying the fact that you were working towards something.

Yes Free to Play! awesome, A great way to spend sometime and ill spend some money also along the way!! Spend hours researching (which i love doing) whats the best way to build my character (s), level up some artifacts, etc.

Hey 7 of my characters are doing well!! Some glitches are to be expected, Hope they dont NERF any of these guys again, hmmm Wonder how im gonna be good for a team in Mod6 if they keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around with my feats and abilities?
    I wonder if they knonw that most of the folks that play this game, dont care about who gets thier butt kicked by a (?) in PVP??

Ok with that said, ill keep my nose to the grindstone and use these white pearls to level up my purple artifact. Whew!! that almost made me a big boy for this New Mod6 coming out!!

Mod6 is out, Finally lets go look at all the cool spots!! Hmm something is wrong Theres only one spot that is new, Spinward Rise.. after about five minutes of playing.. WTH?? I just did this quest!! Someone thinks im a brain dead moron, working and working and not getting nothing!! I cant Level up doing this stuff!! Ill go back to killing dragons. yeah its the same ol boring <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but at least i get more level up points. besides how long can someone go to a map that we've all played for hours anyway?? Wheres the new stuff?? I can just keep going on this for another hour, about how silly it is...

Lets go a few more lines.. LOL

OK the gear that i spent probably a few hundred bucks to be able to have for this new Mod6, ummm IS JUNK! Well at least the gear they give us has hit points YEAH cus thats cool. OH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!! ALERT!! man down!! man down!! I took a potion and it only heals me for 1/6 of my HP's?? and when they hit me again, cus lag is gonna rubberband me back to the unsafe zone WILL make me a corpse!! LOL Someone is thinking i am not too bright again!!

Screw this!! Ive finished this long drawn out. sloppy, laggy, no points paying trudgery.. Im gonna go thru some of these dungeons and get me some gear now that im 70....

OH WTH??? Everyone is looking for Way Higher GS than I have?? Hmmm must be a mistake cus they fixed that so everyone will go in and not worry bout GS?? LOL UMM I digress, that is another day, another story.

I finally made a dungeon, got a decent team. cant take more than one potion, spend more on heal kits than I think I ever did on armor, NO DROPS to say, Not even them AWESOME Pearls to level up my artifact. LOL. made it thru, its totally bugged, BUT on a Great NOTE, I got another Belt..

Cryptic?? I haven't even addressed anything thats majorly wrong with this game, BUT I HAVE without a doubt, addressed what the majority of the players feel, and who are probably disgusted with this Mod6.

My Hopes are that you can somehow get back to making this game something people look forward to coming into, spending sometime with friends and enjoy accomplishing something for the better, not making us feel like idiots cus we spent hard earned money, and time to be ready for this mod, and cant fight an overpowered skeleton without taking a team on every journey, BTW?? the more anyone has to use a team in this game.. IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!! FYI.

Well I think ill go and do something else, No one has wanted me to join a team for dungeons, Icewindale is so LAGGY im getting vertigo playing it, besides NOW I NEED A TEAM to do Biggrins Tomb.. BUT IM NOT HIGH ENUF GS?? bummer. maybe Pogo.com has a crossword puzzle or something fun to do?? LOL
  • Options
    iwand3riwand3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    runonnike wrote: »
    I don't want to level my toon. If I go to open world PvP and have better damage at 60 than 70, why should I level? I don't need new artifact weapons. I don't need more RP.

I wish we had an option to turn off experience gain.

I commented on this Mod6 earlier, and have since spent the last hour reading more of the same of the same of the same. I want to say a couple more things that have really concerned me about this game. I just think that the distinction between PVE and PVP have turned this game into a wishy washy I dont know what my TR, GWF, CW, etc. is gonna be like from one minute to the next it seems.

Let me first state that ive tried other MMO's and before this mod, always without a doubt came back to this one. the gameplay was awesome. from the first time i layed my hands on it. it seemed like i was playing COD rather than D&D online. Kudo's Cryptic. But I have some questions that will definetly need addressed before i spend one more dime on this game. Here Goes be patient LOL.

Howcome everytime I get my Character to a place where i can feel good about making damage and having fun, It gets NERFED? If I get NERFED, How does this HELP dungeon teams?? Just throwing that out there!

Why do you think, I should think that a peridot here a aquamarine there etc. is actually leveling up my artifacts and artifact weapon at all?? Its like a raindrop in the ocean, Have you ever seen on the test site JUST HOW MANY RANK 10 Enchantments it takes to Rank up Artifact? and you expect us to throw a 100 pt piece of gear in and expect us to get anywhere?? LOL. (Not only insult your Loyal Players , But Stick them in the Butt, and expect us to say THANK YOU, Can I have more PLEASE!! Come on!! give us a 50,000 pt Peridot. five in every chest.. (AT least it would feel like something is happening!)

Howcome since this Mod6, I feel cheated, mad, frustrated, bewildered, bored, insulted, and let down? I heard that you have let people go and fired and hired a new team.. right or wrong.. Bring back the same team that cared about something the first day of BETA when i started playing this AESOME GAME, make it worth playing by NOT changing my character because some PVP'r got butt hurt. NOTHING AGAINST PVP, I just wasnt asked what i wanted before the change.. that gripes me to NO FRIGGIN END..

Bottom line on this: If your gonna make me spend more money to fix what I already had fixed before YOU Fixed it without warning me. Then, Ill just not worry about Playing him. Every two three months I either have the most powerful Character or the Crappiest. all to address someone's concern's except mine.. LOL. In a world of progression, There needs to be progression. Dont know who said that but it makes sense.

This is written with not only my concern's, but listening to many others rant and rave about what i'm typing here. I am just the one willing to type it out for them.

Have a Great Day, cant wait for all the fixes, that makes us WANT TO PLAY NW Again!!
  • Options
    b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not entirely the dev's fault...

nvw_arrow.jpg
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi fellow players!

I wish to emphasis again, the original Dev team, who made this- i mean the game we loved- has no relations, whatsoever.

Let's see this Dev team:

Combat design: epic failure, in all aspects, list would make a new forum space necessary. Never so many bugs, badly calculated damage, class balance issues and and and...

Content: new zero, some utterly recycled stuff and a badly programmed Spinward Rise. DnD, without Dungeons.

Art design: all pieces of armor ugly as hell, either it was done by a cubist or an epic failure.

Music: no new ideas, all recycled content too.

Solution for content: make 1 shot trash mobs so that utterly boring few maps feel out the space for missing content. Sorry but wasn't it the producer, who said, he would like to see fast paced dungeons? Wasn't he, who promised that phrase with 4 new big things....

Sadly current Dev team can do only 1 thing, program each week some Zen Shop items.

My verdict: entire Mod looks like an ultra budget build full with hasty "work" and not qualified craftsmanship. One that doesn't need that server capacity it had back before Mod 6. This is why actually most maps have way less instances and they can accommodate the remaining population.

But what is the most outrageous thing, that all the epic fail didn't get any response, still every Dev, who made this mess is the same to this day! Just look at LinkedIn for yourself, no personal changes.

Still we don't see a Road Map, patches are compared to other game's patches a bad joke. No real improvement at all! Where are those dungeons, that were supposedly taken off for re work?

Dungeons aren't even worth to do. You need a key during DD too. I mean lol. 5K for an epic key and 3k for salvage, if the chest even opens or is there, like it isn't many times in VT for example.

Dungeons drop- for me at least- only belts and necklaces- no piece of armor yet on 3 toons. Why should i sit hours here and do anything?

I got nearly all my boons, done all the campaigns, entertainment value now zero. On my new toons i don't even bother to get the boons, i was mainly a solo/group player, now solo is dead and i hate to do even BI gathering in groups.

PVP another bad joke, GS gone, item level here and rank 12s, transcendent negation, so power creep even bigger, than it ever was. PVP DOM only premades, GG PVP premades and unbalanced parties against premades mostly. No ELO, no brackets, so only option to jump out, but as i see the lobby is here, they want to shut down even the leaving opportunity.

LAG, rubber banding... Some dungeons could host the olympic ice skating championships, like VT, rubber banding is so bad.

Huhh, i got still plenty in me, but enough for now.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    paxpoxpaxpox Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    :

One of the things I am finding particularly frustrating about Mod 6 is the PvE gear progression beyond the IL 120 stuff that's (supposed to be) available in Sharandar and DR. I'm caught in a circle where I need skirmish seals to get gear, but I can't get seals because every time I queue up I get kicked for not having gear...

How is this supposed to work?
  • Options
    ironknights1964ironknights1964 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I will agree: Epic Fail.

Not because it's harder. No, not exactly. Challenging content is fine, but they went about it the wrong way. First, why I think it is an Epic Fail and then second, what I think should have been done.

First: Mod 6 is a total and complete failure because it was designed to increase the level with new grinding material. Here's the problem: after enduring 1 toon from 60 to 70, and finding that I can't solo grind anymore, there's no incentive for me to raise my other 7 level-60s to level 70. Ugh. Why? My level 70 actively avoids all trash mobs in WoD. How is that conducive to me logging in every day and grinding (while getting enticing coupons for Zen spending)? It isn't. I don't want to grind the new brutally hard content solo. Solo quests should be able to be done solo. Now? Forget it. /logout = Epic Fail.

Second: Mod 6 should have simply raised the level, including scaling our hero-abilities with mob difficulty. Instead, We're no longer heroes; we're chew toys. More challenging play could have been introduced by Epic Zones of WoD and ToD and Shar and DR. Normal 70 for soloers, just like it was before. More challenging option to enter Epic Zone version for those who feel 1-shot deaths are uber fun. I would even go so far as to say Epic+ versions of end-game dungeons. You want brutal? We got your brutal right here. But to make the game fun for a small handful of bored guys while snatching the fun out of everyone else's game is Epic Fail.

So, Mod 6 is Epic Fail.

When the average player finds the grind so brutal that he logs out, then this mod is a big MISS. No wonder the zone instances are shrinking in number. Who wants this kind of pain?
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    what class are you? I found the giants reasonably easy on my Pally, TR and GWF. I might have been more geared though.
    are you SW / CW or something?

Was playing my SW. Dragging her through the EE quests has been nothing but pure frustration. It's been an effort to not punch my laptop.

The devs took the difficulty TOO FAR. I've well and truly had it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2015
    what class are you? I found the giants reasonably easy on my Pally, TR and GWF. I might have been more geared though.
    are you SW / CW or something?

Paladin is OP atm, everlasting temp hp makes everythink a breeze + them free stats (20% recharge increase from aura, holy shiet), TR can go invis or perma invis if ordinary stealth is not enough and GWF is in a very good health this mod and makes content look like a playground. You should try SW/HR and then say content is easy :D

@hustin1
    I had like 16k SW mod 5, pretty much comfort zone, soloing HE's and stuff. Got him to 70 which was anti-fun and then I've bought blues from AH and went to Sharandar. Holy mother of God, I've done Arcane Reservoire and it was the most frustrating thing happened to me in my entire life. I felt like dropping to corner of my room crying like a little girl. Unless I critted luckily (over 4k crit for starters) my Dreadtheft couldn't even kill a Witherer to prevent beefy mobs from being topped off on hp. That was ridiculous.

I tried different loadouts but the least ****ty of them all was my 60-70 loadout: Vampiric Embrace (mandatory for temp HP), Warlock's Bargain (for healing, 3k/7,7% LS is uber **** and can't keep me upright), and Dreadtheft (for some AoE and damage reduction). I tried BotVA but being so low on LS it does nothing, I tried Fiery Bolt for AoE nuke but then I lack beefy mobs killing power, I tried Arms of Hadar but animation is SO SLOW and are of effect so inconsistent that it's more of a hinderance than anything usefull. I tried feated Killing Flames but then I lack survi as well.

I'm benching my SW and I'm done with NWO for now, it's garbage at this state and I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be willing to wait for things to get better. And the longer it takes, the further behind others (which classes actually work) I will be, so there might as well be no reason at all to come back. A real shame considering time and effort I've put into this class.
  • Options
    b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Paladin is OP atm, everlasting temp hp makes everythink a breeze + them free stats (20% recharge increase from aura, holy shiet), TR can go invis or perma invis if ordinary stealth is not enough and GWF is in a very good health this mod and makes content look like a playground. You should try SW/HR and then say content is easy :D

@hustin1
    I had like 16k SW mod 5, pretty much comfort zone, soloing HE's and stuff. Got him to 70 which was anti-fun and then I've bought blues from AH and went to Sharandar. Holy mother of God, I've done Arcane Reservoire and it was the most frustrating thing happened to me in my entire life. I felt like dropping to corner of my room crying like a little girl. Unless I critted luckily (over 4k crit for starters) my Dreadtheft couldn't even kill a Witherer to prevent beefy mobs from being topped off on hp. That was ridiculous.

I tried different loadouts but the least ****ty of them all was my 60-70 loadout: Vampiric Embrace (mandatory for temp HP), Warlock's Bargain (for healing, 3k/7,7% LS is uber **** and can't keep me upright), and Dreadtheft (for some AoE and damage reduction). I tried BotVA but being so low on LS it does nothing, I tried Fiery Bolt for AoE nuke but then I lack beefy mobs killing power, I tried Arms of Hadar but animation is SO SLOW and are of effect so inconsistent that it's more of a hinderance than anything usefull. I tried feated Killing Flames but then I lack survi as well.

I'm benching my SW and I'm done with NWO for now, it's garbage at this state and I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be willing to wait for things to get better. And the longer it takes, the further behind others (which classes actually work) I will be, so there might as well be no reason at all to come back. A real shame considering time and effort I've put into this class.

I used to be an adventurer like you... But then I took an arrow (mod6) to the knee. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    elfwizard1970elfwizard1970 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iwand3r wrote: »
    I commented on this Mod6 earlier, and have since spent the last hour reading more of the same of the same of the same. I want to say a couple more things that have really concerned me about this game. I just think that the distinction between PVE and PVP have turned this game into a wishy washy I dont know what my TR, GWF, CW, etc. is gonna be like from one minute to the next it seems.

Let me first state that ive tried other MMO's and before this mod, always without a doubt came back to this one. the gameplay was awesome. from the first time i layed my hands on it. it seemed like i was playing COD rather than D&D online. Kudo's Cryptic. But I have some questions that will definetly need addressed before i spend one more dime on this game. Here Goes be patient LOL.

Howcome everytime I get my Character to a place where i can feel good about making damage and having fun, It gets NERFED? If I get NERFED, How does this HELP dungeon teams?? Just throwing that out there!

Why do you think, I should think that a peridot here a aquamarine there etc. is actually leveling up my artifacts and artifact weapon at all?? Its like a raindrop in the ocean, Have you ever seen on the test site JUST HOW MANY RANK 10 Enchantments it takes to Rank up Artifact? and you expect us to throw a 100 pt piece of gear in and expect us to get anywhere?? LOL. (Not only insult your Loyal Players , But Stick them in the Butt, and expect us to say THANK YOU, Can I have more PLEASE!! Come on!! give us a 50,000 pt Peridot. five in every chest.. (AT least it would feel like something is happening!)

Howcome since this Mod6, I feel cheated, mad, frustrated, bewildered, bored, insulted, and let down? I heard that you have let people go and fired and hired a new team.. right or wrong.. Bring back the same team that cared about something the first day of BETA when i started playing this AESOME GAME, make it worth playing by NOT changing my character because some PVP'r got butt hurt. NOTHING AGAINST PVP, I just wasnt asked what i wanted before the change.. that gripes me to NO FRIGGIN END..

Bottom line on this: If your gonna make me spend more money to fix what I already had fixed before YOU Fixed it without warning me. Then, Ill just not worry about Playing him. Every two three months I either have the most powerful Character or the Crappiest. all to address someone's concern's except mine.. LOL. In a world of progression, There needs to be progression. Dont know who said that but it makes sense.

This is written with not only my concern's, but listening to many others rant and rave about what i'm typing here. I am just the one willing to type it out for them.

Have a Great Day, cant wait for all the fixes, that makes us WANT TO PLAY NW Again!!

I am an old time player of MMORPG's infact I played a game back in the day if you remember called everquest yeah thats right everquest, which at one time boasted "the Largest MMORPG in hsitory" it had on line at any given time over 400000 players and needed 50 servers to keep up.Well now lets see where they are ohh that's right they are down to 2 servers and have not done an update in years. Now you may ask "what happened to them" its simple they did the exact same thing you people did they got rid of their original design team brought in a whole new team and then nerfed everything and everyone. You would have to spend a minimum of four hours to even get one thing done we called this "grind intensive" and it made tons of people leave the game for good. If you think hey we are too big we don't have to worry about what we do to our players my suggestion is you read a above cause Everquest is owned by Sony not a small company and look at what happened to them. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am an old time player of MMORPG's infact I played a game back in the day if you remember called everquest yeah thats right everquest, which at one time boasted "the Largest MMORPG in hsitory" it had on line at any given time over 400000 players and needed 50 servers to keep up.Well now lets see where they are ohh that's right they are down to 2 servers and have not done an update in years. Now you may ask "what happened to them" its simple they did the exact same thing you people did they got rid of their original design team brought in a whole new team and then nerfed everything and everyone. You would have to spend a minimum of four hours to even get one thing done we called this "grind intensive" and it made tons of people leave the game for good. If you think hey we are too big we don't have to worry about what we do to our players my suggestion is you read a above cause Everquest is owned by Sony not a small company and look at what happened to them. Just my two cents.

Hmm since I still play EQ2 in addition to NWO I can say last I looked (maybe a month ago) the origional everquest has more that 2 servers currently operating last i check it was around 8-10 and as for updates they have been getting updates and xpac's like the rest of the former SOE now Daybreak franchises so not sure your experience and knowledge.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whats funny is the some of the same poeple defending mod 6.. were also exploiting it and were counter arguing valid points from the playerbase..

Just simply so they could continue to exploit as long as possible!!!

however, in terms of pvp, thats simple due to cryptics terrible decisions, there used to be a fairly large and healthy population in pvp.. its just gotten worse and worse and worse.

They shouldve installed a two tier system AGES ago.

However, if players were not so crappy.. we could make our own.. GG for sub 3k and in need of gear and dom for 3k+ and have gear.

In this manner we could all be alot happier.. I could bring my alts through while I gear up and then could play dom afterwards.

I have no defense for the people without any enchant at all. (not even a lesser plague) and green gear. Thats simply either a new player or.. I dont know.. no other answer to that one.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is getting better... all but the epic DDs
  • Options
    sunnyx22sunnyx22 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trend following on steam charts

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600#6m

what happened around May 15 ?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Probably said before, but saying it anyway...
    - the new areas (level 61-69) should get some more work put into, to tone done the difficulty and the grind
    - campaign areas should also be easier for fresh level 70, with regular equipment. this should be the place to go, to gear up, get boons and get ready for dungeons
    - normal dungeons should provide more better gear, and be the next step on the way to epic dungeons, IWD and WOD
    - and if we have to deal with difficult enemies, at least make sure, that if we succeed the reward machtes the effort/time we put into the fight
    overall the game should become more accessible to everyone.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ELoL cost me 10 health repair kits, investment for rewards is a joke.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While I'm still playing, I'm playing a *lot* less nowadays. I've entirely stopped playing my alts; one at a time I've dragged them through the EE campaign (except for the GF), and now all of them are nothing but members in my leadership army. Dragging them through the "revamped" dungeons in pursuit of seals isn't worth the frustration, health stone charges, and ultimately Zen that I would have to expend.

Mainly, though, it's not worth the frustration. I play games to have fun and relax, not to be stressed out by mobs that one-shot, lag that gets me killed, mechanics that misfire, and so on. Mod 6 just is not fun.

I'll never PvP. E-V-E-R. I've met too many people who do. If the folks at Cryptic are seeking to "nudge" me into PvP'ing, they are sorely mistaken. Hell will freeze over first. Heck, the Cubs will win the Series first.

So I'm gradually amassing AD and leadership assets, which lead to more AD. That's it until the situation improves in a tangible and drastic manner.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [Combat (Self)] Dragonsoul Veshal deals 72693 (174589) Physical Damage to you with Claw.

This is stupid. This was within an empowered astral shield and feated Foresight, wearing full burning set and nothing lower than Rank 8. PUG run and the GF couldn't manage to hold threat, and the boss kept chasing me. After running out of dodges this happens...

With the scaling down of Defense already, giving Mobs extreme Armour Penetration just makes DR ineffective.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    With the recent CW changes...It blows...
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are so many valid suggestions and ideas here provided by the people actually playing the game, but the Devs only come up with more and more nerfs?
    If there is a "bigger picture" here, the Devs might want to share it with the players at some point...

Atm i'm playing my OP, any other character might get to 70 at some point through professions and invoking too, and then perhaps the artifact weapon from going through the ToD campaign.
    But i won't go through Spinward Rise for artifact weapon, unless the Devs lessen the grind, and change a lot of other things in the other "new" areas too.

A game should be fun, NWO was fun for a while, but that ended pretty much with module 6, and i'm not counting on any big changes with module 7 or 8.
    And with even more artifact equipment to come... anyway, the Devs have it in their hands to change the current course.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    If there is a "bigger picture" here, the Devs might want to share it with the players at some point...

I'm now convinced that they don't have a plan. It's totally reactionary.