test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what do you think of mod 6? (player feedback)

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
the question is in the title. please vote honestly and comment down below why.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voted for "i can't stand it".

Only solution for me and if i may speak for those of my friends and guildies, who are afraid to come up to the forum for obvious reasons, would be a total rollback and rework of Mod 6 with new and i mean new, not recycled content and a rework of the stat curves. Also Paladin seems to be a failure again, GF ver 2.0. Give us our old Maps and Campaigns back, take your time dear Devs and make a true Mod with a sophisticated story line aka DnD. Poor Gygax, if he sees this from above. :(
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was yelling my reasoning for months - there's no actual content. I'm 70 now, after like a 10 hours session of killing giants and brutes because the quests are stupidly the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all the time, so now I wait for my guildies to finish leveling so we can do the same old dungeons we already did 2356346546 times before, only much harder. So awesome and new, right? The hell am I supposed to do for 3 -4 months? Farm RP? Where's the content? They took half the dungeons away. No CN, no FH, SP, Karru. I won't be able to drag people anymore because I'll die and break like a dang twig, so I'll be there and be pretty. Nothing else this mod offers me but a giant *** aneurysm.

Only fun I had was inepcting other people and looking at pweety toons, but now I don't get to do that either.

Sigh.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WAT!? you're saying that there are no old dungeons like Karru or FH/CN etc ??? O___O WTF happened to them?
    Didn't even notice that they're gone. Like...why !?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    I was yelling my reasoning for months - there's no actual content. I'm 70 now, after like a 10 hours session of killing giants and brutes because the quests are stupidly the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all the time, so now I wait for my guildies to finish leveling so we can do the same old dungeons we already did 2356346546 times before, only much harder. So awesome and new, right? The hell am I supposed to do for 3 -4 months? Farm RP? Where's the content? They took half the dungeons away. No CN, no FH, SP, Karru. I won't be able to drag people anymore because I'll die and break like a dang twig, so I'll be there and be pretty. Nothing else this mod offers me but a giant *** aneurysm.

Only fun I had was inepcting other people and looking at pweety toons, but now I don't get to do that either.

Sigh.
    where did you go to kill those giants and brutes? im gonna go there too XD
    edited April 2015
    kemi1984 wrote: »
    WAT!? you're saying that there are no old dungeons like Karru or FH/CN etc ??? O___O WTF happened to them?
    Didn't even notice that they're gone. Like...why !?

well we heard a rumor that the devs arent done with them yet. but its only a rumor. they might completly keep them removed.
    edited April 2015
    Uhm...so yeah if they will remove the old ones, and only keep these few which are "remade" that would be something.
    Quite honestly I don't believe it will happen - that would be just complete BS.

Back to the OP (voted as "I can't stand it")

I won't say that I'm enjoying the "new mod" came back after a year of banishment and was kinda pumped. But as soon as I played a few hr's I don't know - definitely the weakest add-on to the game thus far.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Voted: I can't stand it.

All we got are old maps, without any storyline quests (no storyline in D&D game? ....), with stronger mobs to prevent players from leveling too fast and to make people weaker in comparison to environment. Also we didn't get ANY new dungeons, again only few old ones with stronger mobs. This whole mod seems to be done with ctrl+c, ctrl+v.

Also, my personal favourite: in order to farm half a million black ice for 70 lvl gear in Ice Wind Dale, a lvl 73 area, you have to already wear a lvl 70 gear to survive there.

Sorry, mod6 is a disaster.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Additional content I can appreciate.
    New storylines to keep things interesting I really like.
    *The new invocation system doesn't seem very user friendly for the casual player with a real life or a job.
    Making some previously existing dungeons harder so they are nearly impossible to quest by a single player sucks and
    Making the armor and weapons that some people actually paid money to purchase suddenly obsolete, that sucks big time.

But then that's just my opinon.

*Update:

Appreciatively someone pointed out the module 6 webpage explaining the new invocation parameters (I did look for it but didn't find it) and I discovered the invoked coins no longer disappear if not invoked on schedule. That is an excellent thing, a big thanks for that.

I am still trying to figure out how to make it through the Sharandar and Dread Ring quests without repeatedly getting killed.

I used to be able to do it with the weapons and armor I purchased, but since Mod 6 all seem to be able to do is get killed so far.

Buying ZEN to purchase new and better gear is not an option at this point so I guess I will continue to invoke and quest hoping for an AD windfall eventually, because spending money to purchase gear just to have it made obsolete in the same areas where it used to work in a few months is something I am unable to conscience at least until I win the lottery or something.
    DD~
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You should have put a 4th option; complete apathy, cause that's what I feel.
    There are bits and pieces that I like, but those could've been introduced as a regular update, not with a new module. I don't like or dislike M6, I just don't give rat's furry behind about it. However, I hate what this game has turned into, and I will not support it anymore.
    People that keep saying it's a free MMO, so it's ok not to hold them to a higher standard need to shut the frick up, btw.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited April 2015
    Please excuse me, but I hear that old stuff is being an obsolete from all over the place.
    Will we actually get a new epics (I mean, armor & accessories) from somewhere?

Maybe I'm blind (or just grind these stupid quests to get to new cap and don't see any new options available...) but I don't see a vendor or an NPC or whatever that can link me to new armors from this mod.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
    edited April 2015
    Please excuse me, but I hear that old stuff is being an obsolete from all over the place.
    Will we actually get a new epics (I mean, armor & accessories) from somewhere?

Maybe I'm blind (or just grind these stupid quests to get to new cap and don't see any new options available...) but I don't see a vendor or an NPC or whatever that can link me to new armors from this mod.

press control J and look yes we are and new arti gear to start from scratch.
    edited April 2015
    press control J and look yes we are and new arti gear to start from scratch.

Will check it out once I got home, thanks for clarification.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
    edited April 2015
    Will check it out once I got home, thanks for clarification.

anytime. add me in game my @handle is @blackxxwolf3
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used to be able to go into Icewind Dale, attract 3 mob groups and proceed to kill them. Now a single monster in the same Area kills me in 3 hits, yet the rewards stay the same, or have even been reduced. (I also only need 10 more Cear Koenig Rep, which makes it doubly annoying)

It's basically the same stuff we had before, but now we need to jump over an annoying roadblock of killing Stuff in rehashed areas for hours before we are finally able to do it again. What point is there in getting a skill to Rank 4 with 10% more damage when everything just seems to have 20% more HP?

Old gear is practically worthless, but that's kinda expected and at least serves to bring everyone back on the sorta same level (not counting enchants) and hopefully into the dungeons, but here we are again, it's the same dungeons, only less of them and everyone who stockpiled Linus Favor has a headstart already.

The much maligned Delta rising expansion in STO at least kept a sense of progression to their level cap increase, despite all the grind that followed, and gave players new content to do the grind in with a new Storyline. Mod 6 feels like the same effect could have been achieved by putting everyone back to level 20 and deleting all their gear sans enchantments.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I voted "I love mod 6."

The only things I am not liking:
    - Current Gear Sets were not updated to give the necessary Hit Points for the increased difficulty.
    - Group Heroic Encounters are a part of the Solo Quest Line.
    edited April 2015
    btw i apreciate the honesty guys. respect*
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voted I love mod 6.
    However thats a bit too strong statement. More like:"I actually like mod 6". I dont like old dungeons gone, I dont like the amount of bugs (might change after 23rd) and quite a few other things. I love the hard content, though
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    player feedback is what give us this new harder content i dislike idea of so much grinding quests 16x3 per zone is much and worst of all i was doing them in team so i have to do them again since they did not count ....so im now lvl 63 and still have to do first group of 16 questes:(

btw if some of u are angry now wait till u try new dungeons (only ppl who have prefarmed burning pvp set and bi set might do t2 and one who have npc gear from the well of dragon zone can try t1 but think it wont be enough )
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I voted "I love mod 6."

That's not exactly a big surprise, Zeb hehe.

I voted "Can't stand it" because there wasn't an option that said "Mostly a bit annoyed and more than a little let down by it".

I find it very strange that we have a new mod that we are effectively forced to play because all previous mods are now too hard for us and then when we complete mod 6 our reward is new weapons and gear that will enable us to play the other mods that we were already playing before mod 6 <takes a deep breath>.

I'm well aware of the essential paradox of all RPGs where you kill stuff to get stronger so you can kill stronger stuff to get stronger again but this seems to have turned into "kill stuff to get stronger so you can kill the stuff you already thought you could kill". That's a bit odd.

Anyhow, I've temporarily solved the problem by rolling up a paladin. Maybe the end game stuff will have been tweaked by the time he gets there. Maybe not <shrug>.
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Voted i love it"

The initial storyline with Minsc gave me some laughing moments and there is new content and better graphics.
    Of course, "i love it" is a bit to much of a statement, but i dont hate it. What i dont like is those repeating quests. There is potential in this new areas, the whole game just lacks about 20 additional quests per area, that could and should be done by all players and have much more random elements in it, while most of the repeatable ones should be set to "once a week". That you have now quest-classes, from wich you may choose a certain amount, is a good thing, there is only to few quests; so i see mod6 as a new and better engine that now needs content updates.

And that the time of playable gods that come crashing down on poor giants and mobs of bears trice your size is finally over, is something that i really like.
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »

I voted "Can't stand it" because there wasn't an option that said "Mostly a bit annoyed and more than a little let down by it".

I find it very strange that we have a new mod that we are effectively forced to play because all previous mods are now too hard for us and then when we complete mod 6 our reward is new weapons and gear that will enable us to play the other mods that we were already playing before mod 6 <takes a deep breath>.

I'm well aware of the essential paradox of all RPGs where you kill stuff to get stronger so you can kill stronger stuff to get stronger again but this seems to have turned into "kill stuff to get stronger so you can kill the stuff you already thought you could kill". That's a bit odd.

<shrug>.

This. Except I voted 'don't care'. I mostly just think it's bizarre and am happy I never spent more than $30 on the game. Might be moving on...
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think those players, who say, they love it are either newcomers or players, who never experienced DnD in real life or this game in it's prime. They simply lack the ability and the trained eye for comparison.

Or maybe its just too early to make judgements about this module. I've been playing this game for some time and seen it in different shapes. I even played some DnD in real life long time ago and I like the module so far, but I havent spent too much time in preview (however its not like I wasnt there at all) and the module came out 2 days ago. Pools like this one should be made month after module release, not 2 days

ed: This post was meant to answer your post before edit :p
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think those players, who say, they love it are either newcomers or players, who never experienced DnD in real life or this game in it's prime. They simply lack the ability and the trained eye for comparison.

From 1989:

IMG_1397.JPG

I had an accompanying book for the master (dont know who stole it) and some class specific books (usually i played my paladin). Must be somewhere in the cellar. What ›Neverwinter‹ as a game even has to do with (A)D&D… exept those infantile class names ("outhbound" paladin, "scourge" warlock etc.) i dont know :D
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lordrhavin wrote: »
    [place reserved for comming soon answering post, need to get foto first]

I'm nervous with anticipation...
  • heberussheberuss Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This mod it's more like a preparation to the nexts contents and i love that.

In mod 5 pve is ridiculous. This reformulation give life to PVE again.

The new stats "curves" are aweasome. Give to us a chance to make much more than one build.

The actually content is good. Good storyline, challegening quests and diversificate Heroic Encounters.
    Peace and Love
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I voted "I can't stand it", and a quick forum search will take you to my post outlining why.
    lordrhavin wrote: »
    From 1989:

IMG_1397.JPG

I'll see your 1989 and raise you my 1978 and a 1979:
    20150409_073711.jpg

If I walked into a game and the DM pulled this sort of stuff, I would pack up my dice and walk out. D&D has such a long history, and in nearly four decades of stories (published by whatever company, books, or homemade stuff), there isn't a single person at Cryptic who could come up with something better than running around in a loop over and over and over, fighting the other 20 payers in an instance for the same 50 respawned monsters (better get to Deepclaw before anyone else because even if you help PuG him, you don't get credit for the kill... yesterday, there was literally a line of about 8 people waiting their turn to kill him to finish that particular "quest").

I, too, have invested a lot of money into this "free" game, and to this point, I've been very happy to give back to the company because they've been doing a good job. However, if this downward trend of ineptitude continues, I don't care to spend another penny of my hard-earned cash just to polish this massive <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My vote is based on the fact that almost two days into the launch I still can't even get it to open so I can even play it. I played for quite a few hours on Monday to take advantage of the double XP. Haven't been able to play since. Maybe one of these years they will fix the glitch.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most of what I've seen so far (lvl 65, all of drowned shore + half of reclaimation rock), looks rushed and unfinished.

Most of the quest dialog needed another pass (or two, or three), and some of the more popular bugs we see in zone chat arose due to lack of stress testing.

drowned shore: (it would have been EASY to spend some time disguising this zone to look more 'tidal wave damaged' - look at some pictures of the japanese tsunami for reference ;D)

-respawn of tidecaller + molly (lack thereof),
    -lack of hags in general,
    -not being able to turn in your 0/16 quests if you were in a party, (fixed)

rec. rock: (ditto. Helms Hold is still the ugly inaccessible place it always was. Wouldn't they be preparing for war with the earth cultists? Alternately, the surprise attack by the cultists could have destroyed more? Another afternoon spent on giving this place a more 'drastic' makeover would have done wonders.)
    -lack of galeb duhrs. (0/40? really?)
    -i hate that poster quest.
    - merchant HE's will sometimes give black ice rewards?
    - bullette landshark HE screenshake has /zone turning off screenshake en masse, because its SUPER ANNOYING.

As an author who legitimately uses screenshake to add ambiance and fear to my foundries, I *need* people to have it turned on.. I *already* have to have an intro dialog box asking people to turn their graphics up due to nw's graphics/bottleneck issues. (PE invasion event, tiamat fps drop) Now I have to add 'turn screenshake back on' because of an annoying HE?

In general both of the zones I've played are just uninspired. =X Recycled assets, and worse, recycled quests. Nothing really has any flow. Lots of running back and forth, doing the same similarly named quest, for rewards which seems paltry to your current gear. We're amassing these elemental tokens but for what purpose?
    Another ill-thought out crafting path?
    Has crafting ever really worked?
    Nothing is built with real long-term focus, or really any common sense. Which is why we're seeing so many iterations of the gamesystem. How many times have combat/classes/mechanics/rewards changed? How many ridiculously useless/overpriced/outoftouch/obsolete items will the wondrous bazaar/tarmalune/trade of blades/zenstore/professions vendor sell?

Cryptic is in dire need of some Nintendo game designers. =X Total quality management. TQM. Look it up.

I do like the new bit of voice acting and the nifty zoom camerawork we got. When you take a trip on the pirates skyship out of skyhold and head to whatever floating isle that is, anyone else notice how the camera is buffeted by the skyships wake? Very similar to a Star Wars scene.. I liked it. ;D

I do like the changes to RP.. steps in the right direction. But nerfing my dragons hoard? Not appreciated. Played all day, could swear I've got less RP. Maybe got 1 sapphire all day? Mainly peridot.

Anyways, seeing as Tiamat is put on hold till lvl70, I'm going to turn my graphics back to high and enjoy 'disintegrate' for a bit. ;D

[x-post from 'the foundry' subforum]
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I voted "can't stand" out of principle, since essentially all the feedback over SW class was completely ignored and nonsensical changes were introduced to screw the class over even harder.
    However, so far ,at level 61, it's more like "don't care" in practice. I play Damnation spec, which unlike the other inexplicably nerfed paths didn't get any worse, and we even got a bit of DPS improvement for the puppet - and while new lifesteal is annoying, I guess it's calming to see everyone else was screwed over too x3. Other than that, mod 6 introduced a weird graphics glitch where certain sprites (most annoyingly, white dragonwing ice attacks) just don't display. The new content so far isn't bad, though I wonder what effect will the new quest ways of obtaining level 5 enchantments and LMoP/MoP will have on the market. We shall see.
    edited April 2015
    Most of what I've seen so far (lvl 65, all of drowned shore + half of reclaimation rock), looks rushed and unfinished.

Most of the quest dialog needed another pass (or two, or three), and some of the more popular bugs we see in zone chat arose due to lack of stress testing.

drowned shore: (it would have been EASY to spend some time disguising this zone to look more 'tidal wave damaged' - look at some pictures of the japanese tsunami for reference ;D)

-respawn of tidecaller + molly (lack thereof),
    -lack of hags in general,
    -not being able to turn in your 0/16 quests if you were in a party, (fixed)

rec. rock: (ditto. Helms Hold is still the ugly inaccessible place it always was. Wouldn't they be preparing for war with the earth cultists? Alternately, the surprise attack by the cultists could have destroyed more? Another afternoon spent on giving this place a more 'drastic' makeover would have done wonders.)
    -lack of galeb duhrs. (0/40? really?)
    -i hate that poster quest.
    - merchant HE's will sometimes give black ice rewards?
    - bullette landshark HE screenshake has /zone turning off screenshake en masse, because its SUPER ANNOYING.

As an author who legitimately uses screenshake to add ambiance and fear to my foundries, I *need* people to have it turned on.. I *already* have to have an intro dialog box asking people to turn their graphics up due to nw's graphics/bottleneck issues. (PE invasion event, tiamat fps drop) Now I have to add 'turn screenshake back on' because of an annoying HE?

In general both of the zones I've played are just uninspired. =X Recycled assets, and worse, recycled quests. Nothing really has any flow. Lots of running back and forth, doing the same similarly named quest, for rewards which seems paltry to your current gear. We're amassing these elemental tokens but for what purpose?
    Another ill-thought out crafting path?
    Has crafting ever really worked?
    Nothing is built with real long-term focus, or really any common sense. Which is why we're seeing so many iterations of the gamesystem. How many times have combat/classes/mechanics/rewards changed? How many ridiculously useless/overpriced/outoftouch/obsolete items will the wondrous bazaar/tarmalune/trade of blades/zenstore/professions vendor sell?

Cryptic is in dire need of some Nintendo game designers. =X Total quality management. TQM. Look it up.

I do like the new bit of voice acting and the nifty zoom camerawork we got. When you take a trip on the pirates skyship out of skyhold and head to whatever floating isle that is, anyone else notice how the camera is buffeted by the skyships wake? Very similar to a Star Wars scene.. I liked it. ;D

I do like the changes to RP.. steps in the right direction. But nerfing my dragons hoard? Not appreciated. Played all day, could swear I've got less RP. Maybe got 1 sapphire all day? Mainly peridot.

Anyways, seeing as Tiamat is put on hold till lvl70, I'm going to turn my graphics back to high and enjoy 'disintegrate' for a bit. ;D

[x-post from 'the foundry' subforum]
    most thought out answer yet. i agree with you 100%