test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what do you think of mod 6? (player feedback)

Comments

• sunnyx22sunnyx22 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Trend following on steam charts

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600#6m

what happened around May 15 ?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Probably said before, but saying it anyway...
    - the new areas (level 61-69) should get some more work put into, to tone done the difficulty and the grind
    - campaign areas should also be easier for fresh level 70, with regular equipment. this should be the place to go, to gear up, get boons and get ready for dungeons
    - normal dungeons should provide more better gear, and be the next step on the way to epic dungeons, IWD and WOD
    - and if we have to deal with difficult enemies, at least make sure, that if we succeed the reward machtes the effort/time we put into the fight
    overall the game should become more accessible to everyone.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ELoL cost me 10 health repair kits, investment for rewards is a joke.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While I'm still playing, I'm playing a *lot* less nowadays. I've entirely stopped playing my alts; one at a time I've dragged them through the EE campaign (except for the GF), and now all of them are nothing but members in my leadership army. Dragging them through the "revamped" dungeons in pursuit of seals isn't worth the frustration, health stone charges, and ultimately Zen that I would have to expend.

Mainly, though, it's not worth the frustration. I play games to have fun and relax, not to be stressed out by mobs that one-shot, lag that gets me killed, mechanics that misfire, and so on. Mod 6 just is not fun.

I'll never PvP. E-V-E-R. I've met too many people who do. If the folks at Cryptic are seeking to "nudge" me into PvP'ing, they are sorely mistaken. Hell will freeze over first. Heck, the Cubs will win the Series first.

So I'm gradually amassing AD and leadership assets, which lead to more AD. That's it until the situation improves in a tangible and drastic manner.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [Combat (Self)] Dragonsoul Veshal deals 72693 (174589) Physical Damage to you with Claw.

This is stupid. This was within an empowered astral shield and feated Foresight, wearing full burning set and nothing lower than Rank 8. PUG run and the GF couldn't manage to hold threat, and the boss kept chasing me. After running out of dodges this happens...

With the scaling down of Defense already, giving Mobs extreme Armour Penetration just makes DR ineffective.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    With the recent CW changes...It blows...
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are so many valid suggestions and ideas here provided by the people actually playing the game, but the Devs only come up with more and more nerfs?
    If there is a "bigger picture" here, the Devs might want to share it with the players at some point...

Atm i'm playing my OP, any other character might get to 70 at some point through professions and invoking too, and then perhaps the artifact weapon from going through the ToD campaign.
    But i won't go through Spinward Rise for artifact weapon, unless the Devs lessen the grind, and change a lot of other things in the other "new" areas too.

A game should be fun, NWO was fun for a while, but that ended pretty much with module 6, and i'm not counting on any big changes with module 7 or 8.
    And with even more artifact equipment to come... anyway, the Devs have it in their hands to change the current course.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    If there is a "bigger picture" here, the Devs might want to share it with the players at some point...

I'm now convinced that they don't have a plan. It's totally reactionary.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I loved it up until I got to the part with, repeat this quest 5 gazillion times.
    Then I just stopped with my toon's quests. Doing the same thing that many times sure save the devs time from having to make quests or campaigns. But it kills any amount of fun there is in the game having to do the same thing that many times in a row. Now if it was like Well of Dragons with repeatable quests that is fine. But the mod 6 quests that just never ends for me they just clutter up my quest journal until I abandon them when I realize they are just pointless ones.