Install Arc
Options

The "Rank 4 Mount" Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    You do realise most dinosaurs were small right.

...ofc, or do you really think mama T. rex could lay house-sized eggs???
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...ofc, or do you really think mama T. rex could lay house-sized eggs???

kek.

Juveniles aside, the Tyrannosauroids started out quite small too. An early "basal" species, the Dilong Paradoxus, was roughly the size of a largish bird for example.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    2. so not DnD to ride a dinosaur...

Giant Strider is a canonical mount for the Firenewt.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firenewt
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though I'm cautiously hopeful also.

But the *real& question is this: If they release a "Mount Training IV" will be be in-gamr AD cost, or Zen Market only?

Star Trek Online did something similar with Starships (not actually a "mount" but similar) - and the upgrades are 700 Zen and *still* doesn't give the "new" features. This is epic is epic fail after I've already spent 2500 Zen (in some cases a lot more on bundles). I quit STO when that happened, even though I have a lifetime account.

Yes I do bring this up every chance I can - not to inform you, dear player, but to hopefully ensure the Devs see it. It is deal-breaking. And I still buy Zen for Neverwinter. Don't give me a reason to stop.

Hopefully Neverwinter doesn't go that route. If they do offer an upgrade - it may give a stat, but not have the Artifact aspect. Fine, we can deal with that. But if it becomes a Zen Market thing, well... ~cough~

I still play STO, and now just like NWO, I dont spend a dime on either of them. Keep supporting them mate, you keep the lights on.

After FUBAR 6 I only frequent the Forums and await *whispers* fight club.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I may go as far as to say this is the DUMBEST item to ever roll out in this games history.

It is ATLEAST on par with: Tenebrous, Emblem, Artifact Equipment.

Why?

Because it now becomes mandatory for pvp.

+140% movement and MOST important is the 4k run speed. That 10% is HUGE!

I could be fine with +140% and the incombat action. But 4k movement.... thats really the DUMBEST thing ever.

We better get upgrade kits to upgrade our old mounts otherwise this is just yet another nail in the coffin. GG guys, seriously.... Who thinks of these things or is this just the newest "cash grab" your trying?
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They asked for feedback. Everyone? Go give them their feedback.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?950131-Giant-Strider-Mounts
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hate.. hate this.

Very bad move overall.. massive mistake on thier end.

if..if they put epic level 10% on already bought items, I would be at least ok, so its par for par.

Wow.. just wow.

Who is the moron who thought this was a acceptable practice.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Edit.......
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They just crossed the line with this one. Now PVP will be completely unreachable by the mere mortals.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Unless they are planning on giving us a reasonable way to upgrade existing mounts then this is just so fkn dumb it is unbelievable..
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    bannynbannyn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    I hate.. hate this.

Very bad move overall.. massive mistake on thier end.

if..if they put epic level 10% on already bought items, I would be at least ok, so its par for par.

Wow.. just wow.

Who is the moron who thought this was a acceptable practice.

I certainly hope, but rather doubt they will, Retrofit all previous mounts (especially those store bought or found in chest) I just happened to be lucky enough to get a previously gold rare mount from a chest and now its not as good as the "new" gold mounts from chests. I'm sorry but they should make all god mounts the same all purple, all blue etc. Add same speed and battle features. I have spent a fortune on other munts cause I like my people to have different mounts based on the type of character I build, and now all this is waistd and penalized because they will be penalized for using these mounts compared to the new ones. I love this game and have spent a small fortune on it, but with every update and "news" you keep getting more money grubby and greedy!!! You are driving this game into the ground rather than making if more fun!!! And I am sure there will be people who somehow take advantage of this and instead of punishing them for it you will end up rewarding them by punishing the rest of the player base that do not cheat!!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    tumblr_inline_niwjmwoFKY1r0zz7o.jpg

Habitat/Society: Giant striders are completely adapted to life in hot, volcanic regions. Their meager diet consists of the few animals and plants that share their hot realm. They are able to directly metabolize the heat of their surroundings, and they use this to fuel their own bodily functions. Without this extra heat, the giant strider grows chilled and sluggish.
    Their physiology is so modified that normal conditions are dangerous to them. They are poisoned by ingested water and harmed by cold weather or frigid attacks.

[...]

And the heroic warzone reporters working for that press outlet shot the following screenie...

27ab328cd3e2d031496746c6e936683b1433290226.jpg

...doh?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Shoulda posed in Hotenow.

Still, I feel the polar bear mounts look silly everywhere but IWD, and people ride them everywhere too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bannyn wrote: »
    I certainly hope, but rather doubt they will, Retrofit all previous mounts (especially those store bought or found in chest) I just happened to be lucky enough to get a previously gold rare mount from a chest and now its not as good as the "new" gold mounts from chests. I'm sorry but they should make all god mounts the same all purple, all blue etc. Add same speed and battle features. I have spent a fortune on other munts cause I like my people to have different mounts based on the type of character I build, and now all this is waistd and penalized because they will be penalized for using these mounts compared to the new ones. I love this game and have spent a small fortune on it, but with every update and "news" you keep getting more money grubby and greedy!!! You are driving this game into the ground rather than making if more fun!!! And I am sure there will be people who somehow take advantage of this and instead of punishing them for it you will end up rewarding them by punishing the rest of the player base that do not cheat!!

Don't hold your breath. Remember Draconic Templar armor? That stuff we had to grind in Tiamat endless times to get? That stuff that was from truly end-game content? That stuff that had been out for only three months? And then...poof! It's obsolete, just like that.

That was a terrible way to treat your players.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    freefrothfreefroth Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seems like more corporate psyops to me. Go in with a 'leaked' outrageously unsatisfactory proposal, let the ensuing outrage and anxiety fester for a while, come back with a slightly more moderate proposal that we would never have initially dreamed of accepting quietly. Magically people feel like the company has done them a favour whilst eating their cr@p sandwich. I have spent a decent amount on this game (far more than my wife would like, anyway). But I have no trust left in this project (and ergo the companies involved) and hope they realise this has a huge influence on my future gaming decisions.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So a mount that comes from lockboxes with special powers and BiS.

So now this game is really p2w. The mount is gonna go for 20m AD in AH atleast for months since everyone is gonna want them.

This mount needs to be sold in the zen store. The demand is gonna be 10000 higher than the supply.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »

This mount needs to be sold in the zen store. The demand is gonna be 10000 higher than the supply.

Even if they did this I'd still be outraged by this but it would at least make it slightly more palatable , I fee sorry for the poor suckers who buy a zen store mount the days before these new mounts are released , 'oh thanks for your $40 yesterday but got some sad news for you , your epic mount is now obsolete...'.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In Skyrim, you can ride a dragon, fly high in the air and, while flying, the beast will throw fire a the enemies on the ground.

NWO, room for improvement.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Even if they did this I'd still be outraged by this but it would at least make it slightly more palatable , I fee sorry for the poor suckers who buy a zen store mount the days before these new mounts are released , 'oh thanks for your $40 yesterday but got some sad news for you , your epic mount is now obsolete...'.

Or even worse, the guys who paid 15k zen for the spider mount in the packsale they just had...
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So they just had a sale on cool packs with rank3 mounts like the spider mount in the 15k zen pack or the Dawn unicorn mount in the pack for 6k zen. Lets be honest, the pack contains some other stuff too but the mounts are like the primary reason for buying them. At least for me.

And now, a few days later they announce a new BiS rank4 mount that will be very much needed.

So is it just me, or does this feel like a rippoff? It does for me. Does a refund or an upgrade for my 15k zen mount sound reasonable?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Chance of you getting a refund from other gaming companies: unlikely.
    Chance of you getting a refund from PWE: the same chance as hell freezing over

We don't know how it will work out thouhg, for example if there's a tome (though even a tome will be a pain and make customisation harder than it is now providing it won't unlock all mounts to be 140% speed +movespeed. You're essentially locked to the one mount.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The way they are introducing the new mount is very badly thought out , at worst an account wide cash shop legendary alternative with the increased 140% , +4000 movement and attack should be made available , forcing anybody who wants one of the new mounts into gambling in order to try to get one reeks of desperation on Cryptics part .
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A week after buying the mount they will introduce movement speed resist or something like that
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So they just had a sale on cool packs with rank3 mounts like the spider mount in the 15k zen pack or the Dawn unicorn mount in the pack for 6k zen. Lets be honest, the pack contains some other stuff too but the mounts are like the primary reason for buying them. At least for me.

Quick question. Why would you spend $60-200 for just an account-wide unlock mount. If you just need the utility, you could've gotten the same functionality for 2500 ZEN (or less if you can get a coupon from a level 20 character).

Anyone who bought the packs PURELY because of the R3 mount didn't make a very good decision, even outside the fact that we're seeing T4 mounts on the horizon.

Anyway, outside of that, yes, having the T4 mount only available from a cash box, with a ridiculously low chance to drop? That's a bad idea and it bothers me. Hopefully they have plans to allow T3 mounts to be upgraded via AD in game, or add new T4 mounts (or upgrade tokens) to the Zen store.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The coupon wouldn't have worked, he would have complained, and a mod would have moved it to the abyss for violating tos. I've actually read the tos and it's so broad in its interpretation of the rules that everything that has ever been posted has been in violation. Even the mods replies and this post too.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ...oh, well. IMHO that's just Cryptic's way of suckering the high end contributors into donating a high end random amount of their hard earned. The pack deals are a completely different thing, the mounts there are only part of the bundle, and the companions included in the packs are what really makes the value - as those are normally single-char-only.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The whales must pay!! :)

I couldn't resist . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The way they are introducing the new mount is very badly thought out , at worst an account wide cash shop legendary alternative with the increased 140% , +4000 movement and attack should be made available , forcing anybody who wants one of the new mounts into gambling in order to try to get one reeks of desperation on Cryptics part .

Ive noticed you can search mythic in the auction house too, don't be surprised if you see some mythic stuff coming out of lockboxes soon :D