test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    At which point AFKers, disconnections and griefers will make it equally unplayable.

Better than getting kicked constantly after spending an.hour getting to the boss

Disconects they can easily set to leave the group automatically

This is how pvp works..you cant kick people in pvp but they get auto booted from idleness after a minute
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    monktoasty wrote: »
    The only solution is to disable it until.it can be fixed...why force us to spend an.hour looking for a group to run a dungeon that takes an.hour

Best to disable vote kicking until its fixed

That might work, and I have to say the people at like kicking people from there, groupe will not like very much nice thinking there.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Better than getting kicked constantly after spending an.hour getting to the boss

This is how pvp works..you cant kick people in pvp but they get auto booted from idleness after a minute

That could work... but if you think that's an easy change you haven't been paying attention to the queue issues they've been having.
    :)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • karma4presidentkarma4president Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok I haven't raged quit a game in a long while however recently the current trend is 3 members in a group/party are in a dungeon and 2 randoms will join in, in this case me being the random...We went through the entire 1hr and 1/2 dungeon and on the final boss when his health had a sliver left the group kicks me and the other random out, with about 20 secs left in boss fight. This has not just happend once it is happening to a ton of people..A friend of mine confided in me and made me aware that his ex friends were kicking 2 randoms out just before the boss drops so they could roll for the extra loot, to sell or salvage..This problem has to be addressed PLEASE!
  • mmpp15mmpp15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vote to kick does suck!! this can be fixed if they want too.
    1. if you join lfr have game look at what class they are and what is needed for a full group.
    2. if a run is in progress and a player drops or being kicked by group for being afk or what ever have either the group leader mark what is needed and then returns back to lfr to find that what is asked for. or have the game look what the group needs find that, and not a random player in que.
    it is very frustrating if you join a group and you get kicked....
    also once you join a group and you get removed don't keep putting the same player back to the group......
    i know these small things can be addressed and fixed.
    that way the vote to kick can be used for what it was made for.
  • bytor30bytor30 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mmpp15 wrote: »
    vote to kick does suck!! this can be fixed if they want too.
    1. if you join lfr have game look at what class they are and what is needed for a full group.
    2. if a run is in progress and a player drops or being kicked by group for being afk or what ever have either the group leader mark what is needed and then returns back to lfr to find that what is asked for. or have the game look what the group needs find that, and not a random player in que.
    it is very frustrating if you join a group and you get kicked....
    also once you join a group and you get removed don't keep putting the same player back to the group......
    i know these small things can be addressed and fixed.
    that way the vote to kick can be used for what it was made for.

the best way is do away with it. if you join a group and dont like it leave. i am tired of being kicked. got so mad tonite the final boss was beat and i got kicked. i was sick to my stomach. i know the makers are making a mint from this but if people start leaving they might think twice.
  • dizast3reb0rndizast3reb0rn Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Easy way to not get vote kicked.
    1. Join a guild
    2. Play with 2 other people
    3. Have fun
    problem solved no need to thank me guys
    Also vote kicking should be disabled during and slightly after a boss fight so people won't get kicked on loot rolls that's just wrong
    All Hail Britannia!
    Founder and Guildmaster of the Elite Dawn guild check us out here
  • marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think there should be a tracking system for how many VTK's are being initiated by each player. If it passes a certain threshold then that player should be suspended for misuse of the VTK system.

This should also be implemented for guilds as well, if that guild is VTK'ing a lot such as a certain French guild on EPK then that whole guild should be given a suspension as well.

Its all well and good saying there should be a cool down or waiting for say 3 minutes after starting a dungeon before you can vote to kick but that still won't work. They will just wait longer so they can still kick.

Loot kickers and dungeon hijackers should be sent a clear message and not just be given a slap on the wrist.
  • marloongmarloong Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    Ok I haven't raged quit a game in a long while however recently the current trend is 3 members in a group/party are in a dungeon and 2 randoms will join in, in this case me being the random...We went through the entire 1hr and 1/2 dungeon and on the final boss when his health had a sliver left the group kicks me and the other random out, with about 20 secs left in boss fight. This has not just happend once it is happening to a ton of people..A friend of mine confided in me and made me aware that his ex friends were kicking 2 randoms out just before the boss drops so they could roll for the extra loot, to sell or salvage..This problem has to be addressed PLEASE!

I have a solution. Don't play the game anymore. I won't until it's fixed.
    edited May 2015
    Easy way to not get vote kicked.
    1. Join a guild
    2. Play with 2 other people
    3. Have fun
    problem solved no need to thank me guys
    Also vote kicking should be disabled during and slightly after a boss fight so people won't get kicked on loot rolls that's just wrong

WHY SHOULD WE JOIN A GUILD?! So you're saying take a 1.6 million player base and reduce it to a couple hundred (at most) to limit the people you can play with and when, all because one broken mechanic?
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The vote kicking at boss has gotten out of hand this is the third night in a row final boss dead and before get to chest kicked in gs 1600 dungeons this needs to be fixed. I tried to do another later night before last came into dead final boss and was kicked instantly.We need to start screen shotting characters from now on these guys should be suspended. this is enough nothing against guilds but my schedule varies so my 2hrs a day are never the same time and I do spend a little money on this game

jhp
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This may be a viable fix. Disable vote kicking. if someone is idle for more than a minute they get auto booted. (my thoughts have always been do not Queue up if you cant stay the entire time. Dishes and trash can wait LOL OR dont queue up)

Instead of vote kicking, if you dont like your group, YOU can leave instead of kicking others. Sounds good to me!
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    This may be a viable fix. Disable vote kicking. if someone is idle for more than a minute they get auto booted. (my thoughts have always been do not Queue up if you cant stay the entire time. Dishes and trash can wait LOL OR dont queue up)

Instead of vote kicking, if you dont like your group, YOU can leave instead of kicking others. Sounds good to me!

my thoughts exactly the same, at least do this a trial and see how it goes.
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
    edited May 2015

Umm.. I've just read your sig... you know there is a real world outside Neverwinter?
    edited May 2015
    marloong wrote: »
    Umm.. I've just read your sig... you know there is a real world outside Neverwinter?

Yeah I only play a few hours at night after my kids go to bed. Thanks for your concern
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I only play a few hours at night after my kids go to bed. Thanks for your concern

That's a lie. I play a few hours a night since release and have ONE level 60. You have 5. So you play at least 500 hours in 3 weeks.
    edited May 2015
    marloong wrote: »
    That's a lie. I play a few hours a night since release and have ONE level 60. You have 5. So you play at least 500 hours in 3 weeks.

Umm no not really. Leveling in this game is super easy. It only takes on average 20 hours total to level to 60. But then we had the double exp weekend which really expedited the process. Look guy, you're a tool and I cant believe I am even e-corresponding with you to begin with. You were supposed to be on my forum block list after you showed how ignorant you are with previous posts. Not sure how you got off my block list. If you think it takes 500 hours hours to level up you obviously are doing it wrong. Either way. Take care. Isn't it time for you to get banned again? Looks like I am not the only one that thinks you are a tool. Enjoy
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi everyone,

Jumping in here quickly to say that we know the vote kicking situation needs some work. Our team is looking into it to see what we can do, but creating a solution will take some time. We appreciate the patience as we work through this.

As a suggestion, we do have a forum sub-section that can be used to exchange gamertags and party up with others to tackle these dungeons and skirmishes. We'd recommend finding a like-minded group there to dig into the content together.

Thanks for the continued feedback. Our team is reading through these forums to find ways to better your experience.

Best,

Alex
    This frightens the hell out of me. The forums are dominated by a very vocal faction that DOES NOT represent the player-base at large. Most players realize how necessary the ability to vote-kick is, despite it being an upsetting experience for some people. Please tread very carefully as you consider revising the current system. It certainly needs work... but whatever you do, leave the ability to use it intact.

Regards,
    A Concerned Customer
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This frightens the hell out of me. The forums are dominated by a very vocal faction that DOES NOT represent the player-base at large. Most players realize how necessary the ability to vote-kick is, despite it being an upsetting experience for some people. Please tread very carefully as you consider revising the current system. It certainly needs work... but whatever you do, leave the ability to use it intact.

Regards,
    A Concerned Customer
    See... I told you.

You don't represent most players; YOU are the vocal minority. The majority know VTK isn't needed, at least as long it's doing more harm than good like the current system does, and we sensibly want see big changes to the VTK system -- up to and including removal. You've been wrong on this issue all along. Now, not only do you have the endless chorus of voices of decent people decrying the system, you also have word from the devs that they agree the system needs a lot of work. Are you convinced yet, or will you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the truth and continue insisting your now-disproven assertions are correct?
    edited May 2015

Sounds good to me too... at least for now. The current VTK needs to be disabled until a replacement can be implemented.
  • traumapaladintraumapaladin Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    See... I told you.

You don't represent most players; you are the vocal minority. The majority know VTK isn't needed, at least as long it's doing more harm than good like the current system does, and we sensibly want see big changes to the VTK system -- up to and including removal. You've been wrong on this issue all along. Now, not only do you have the endless chorus of voices of decent people decrying the system, you also have word from the devs that they agree the system needs a lot of work. Are you convinced yet, or will you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the truth and continue insisting your now-disproven assertions are correct?

The only thing that would be more frustrating than getting kicked last minute from dungeons and getting kicked for no reason by tools. Would be to have to deal with tools that are so terrible they make completing the dungeon impossible. When you walk into spider temple and both your melee DPS wind up dead within minutes from standing in explosions vote to kick is needed. I am all for people learning bosses and there being a learning curve, but the sad truth is some people don't learn. They do the same thing over n over and inadvertently grief their whole party with their ignorance. Vote to kick was implemented to improve the gameplay experience of the majority of players who do learn and to avoid having them grieved by ignorant players. That being said it obviously needs work due to the way it has been abused repeatedly, but acting as though the system is unneeded because it is flawed and presuming you represent a majority of players(the vast majority of whom do not use this forum at all) is flawed thinking.
  • marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sounds good to me too... at least for now. The current VTK needs to be disabled until a replacement can be implemented.

I second this, take the VTK out of the game for now so it can be worked on and just implement an automatic timer so if you are idle for say 3 minutes you are automatically disconnected out from the dungeon.

Lets face it I bet that the majority of all the VTK's in the game since release have been from greedy kickers at mid/end bosses during fight and after fight. Also dungeon jackers and general trolls will be in this as well.

Cryptic and PW may well be blowing their trumpets about xbox having 1.6 million people playing from launch but if they don't sort out the serious issues such as this and the general stability of the game that number will decrease pretty rapid I bet
    edited May 2015
    Adding the ability to invite peope to your instance would cut down on kicks by a large margin, the only problem being that it would also open the door to more dungeon jacking since dungeon jackers would be able to directly invite more people to aid in jacking the dungeon. Still though some type of streamlining as far as being able to invite people to an instance is needed as many people will sit at final boss kicking until they get their friend/guildmate in.
    edited May 2015
    The only thing that would be more frustrating than getting kicked last minute from dungeons and getting kicked for no reason by tools. Would be to have to deal with tools that are so terrible they make completing the dungeon impossible. When you walk into spider temple and both your melee DPS wind up dead within minutes from standing in explosions vote to kick is needed. I am all for people learning bosses and there being a learning curve, but the sad truth is some people don't learn. They do the same thing over n over and inadvertently grief their whole party with their ignorance. Vote to kick was implemented to improve the gameplay experience of the majority of players who do learn and to avoid having them grieved by ignorant players. That being said it obviously needs work due to the way it has been abused repeatedly, but acting as though the system is unneeded because it is flawed and presuming you represent a majority of players(the vast majority of whom do not use this forum at all) is flawed thinking.
    I don't presume anything of the sort. The sheer number of posts, each of which represents hundreds of voices, plus the acknowledgement from the devs validates my position. And while I agree removing VTK wouldn't eliminate everyone's frustrations, I do think it would better serve most players as a solution, if only temporary, until a proper fix could be implemented.
    edited May 2015
    I don't presume anything of the sort. The sheer number of posts, each of which represents hundreds of voices, plus the acknowledgement from the devs validates my position. And while I agree removing VTK wouldn't eliminate everyone's frustrations, I do think it would better serve most players as a solution, if only temporary, until a proper fix could be implemented.

You're actually right. You didn't presume. You directly stated that your views represented the majority my bad. Removing it or leaving it as is both lead to the same end result. The seclusion and elitism that already plagues so many MMOs. It will eventually, removed or kept as is, lead to people only running with full teams of experienced players. This will only make doing a dungeon even more frustrating since you will now have to form an entire team or at least as the vote kick system is currently a team of 3 for majority. Removing vote to kick leads to the same end result the current vote to kick system does except to Maybe an even worse degree. The consequences of this end result being that it will punish those that are furthest behind and furthest ahead as these two groups already have smaller pools of players to draw from in the first place to complete T1 and end game content respectively. Promoting a system that leads to the punishment of new players and veteran players simultaneously is never a good course of action for an MMO to take. Note this is all my own opinion and I don't speak for the majority of players.
  • mcdon036mcdon036 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    After someone has been successfully kicked the group leader gets a pop up asking if they have a preference with class check boxes including a IDC or any class option for next auto fill. So if you need a tank then next available gf fills group spot otherwise spot is left empty. Same can go for healer, dps, etc. The only thing I can't figure out is how to let classes fill alternate rolls like a healing SW or tank dc. unless when you que for a dungeon it asks you the roll type you feel you fill then saves it. Would be annoying if you had to set it every time. They could have a new npc in pe where you define your role. An npc that lets you set and change it if necessary due to respec or whatever.

this would remove the kicking people for not being the right class problem which is quite a few unfortunate kicks.
    I think this would remove some of the frustration with vtK but not all.
    a combo of this idea and something else could fix the vtK system entirely.
    edited May 2015
    Yes because the 3 other group members who did the entire dungeon aren't deserving of completing the dungeon. That logic is just backwards. If someone is unable to stay alive for more than a couple minutes they are not understanding core game concepts. In short if they dont get that red circles hurt no one should have to deal with them. Wasting other people's time isn't excusable and if they aren't able to realize that and leave themselves then vote to kick is the route I will take every time.
  • mcdon036mcdon036 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think vtK is needed it just needs a reworking I suggested a solution in the feedback section it doesn't handle it completely but it would be a big step in the right direction. check it out and give positive feedback/criticism.
  • rj32srj32s Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    This is my biggest issue with this game. I understand kicking, I'm not knew at this game format, but when you're getting kicked out of every tier 2, with 9900 gear score, something is wrong.

I'm a DPS CW so i understand we're not rare gems in the dungeon, but c'mon. I tried about 9 tier 2 dungeons last night and was kicked out of everyone. I'd sneak some peeks at the teams score and they had people significantly lower than me, some at 8400 gear scores.

Its sooo frustrating :(
  • rj32srj32s Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    haha, lots of baddies in this game, i see that all the time.
This discussion has been closed.