What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• Options
    csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gear score is not that important for the basic T2's. They have a min. and you can run it just fine with that. I will admit that it will take longer, so for time purposes, I do see why people kick other players when trying to speed farm. The problem, however, is not the players its the queue system. Sense there seems to be no fix in sight, the guild solution seems to be the best option. I lucked out and joined a great guild on day one of turning 60. We raid all the time, and we gear up each other more then we sell and salvage. It's fun when a new member turns 60 and as a guild we start to gear him up with what we have and then run him through some dungeons. Guilds solves, both the low score build up problem and the kicking problem.
  • Options
    wiryredwiryred Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, I have a real world identity attached to my Xbox profile. I am not stupid enough to post it in a public location.... Identity theft and such, I'm sure you understand why I would rather be on the side of caution for that! But like I said feel free to post yours and I will gladly block you!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    csk41 wrote: »
    Gear score is not that important for the basic T2's. They have a min. and you can run it just fine with that. I will admit that it will take longer, so for time purposes, I do see why people kick other players when trying to speed farm. The problem, however, is not the players its the queue system. Sense there seems to be no fix in sight, the guild solution seems to be the best option. I lucked out and joined a great guild on day one of turning 60. We raid all the time, and we gear up each other more then we sell and salvage. It's fun when a new member turns 60 and as a guild we start to gear him up with what we have and then run him through some dungeons. Guilds solves, both the low score build up problem and the kicking problem.

I agree with you on that, guilds solve a lot of the PUG problems. However I still firmly believe gear scores should be higher!
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wiryred wrote: »
    No, I have a real world identity attached to my Xbox profile. I am not stupid enough to post it in a public location.... Identity theft and such, I'm sure you understand why I would rather be on the side of caution for that! But like I said feel free to post yours and I will gladly block you!

Just realize it is beyond easy to locate your GT
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Join an active guild and make a group of friends. I was in the same boat and now I have never looked back. I spend hours in CN everyday with the same group of friends. Yeah it sucked getting kicked by PUGs and I see the abuse when I play my cleric as well. I was in a PUG and a random rogue joined the group. I got kicked because people weren't paying attention. They just click yes when the message popped. Only one person responded when I said good luck on the mic and he told me he voted no. The random rogue that joined the group was a 9 k GS and I was a 14 k GS. There's been other times as well when I'm with my clique of friends and they mention to me that the person tried to kick me. We turned around and kicked him and said see ya ****.

Here's some advice:

1. Don't join PuGs.
    2. Make a steady group of friends.
    3. Farm out T2 until you're ready for bigger fish.
    4. Make sure the people you play with are people you can tolerate and have fun with.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That is completely off the topic, of the point I'm trying to make... Your always going to meet bad kids, but if you progress up the gear ladder properly, you will get kicked less and less...

Hahaha a wallet warrior talking about progressing up the gear ladder properly?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »

Why not just post yours? I will gladly block you?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Why not just post yours? I will gladly block you?

<-- Hmm seems to be right there
  • Options
    edited May 2015

<-- Hmm seems to be right there

Thanks durva,

Blocked and reported to Xbox live or harassment, with screens asking for my GT! That's borderline stalking!
  • Options
    quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Competition for loot... That still doesn't change the fact I don't want a dungeon to take an hour to complete... I always run with a cleric and tanks are not needed unless your doing castle never...

And low gear score equates to. Low dps, low buffs just all around useless... Gear in the proper order you will get kicked less!! Is it that hard to understand... I am speaking slow enough for you? Do you need your special helmet today? Get all blues- get all t1- advance get your t2's!! Don't be jumping ahead to castle never or t2 while still wearing greens!!

How much does anyone want to bet this guy was kicked so many times as a so-called puny low GS character, that now he's taking all his rage out cause he is mad bros. I'm willing to bet that's the issue here.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Thanks durva,

Blocked and reported to Xbox live or harassment, with screens asking for my GT! That's borderline stalking!

Best part is this site is not part of xbox/microsoft so have fun with that ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hahaha a wallet warrior talking about progressing up the gear ladder properly?

Actually, I'm a time warrior but thanks for opening your mouth. See I recently had shoulder surgery, and have to much time on my hands. But yes I have put money into this game :-) and would do it again! I bought the dragon born pack and champions of the North! But hey, why not spend the money on the game, developers have to get some money somewhere!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh mr durva, your just sad!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    How much does anyone want to bet this guy was kicked so many times as a so-called puny low GS character, that now he's taking all his rage out cause he is mad bros. I'm willing to bet that's the issue here.

Actually not really! I joined a guild, only do pugs with 3 man groups!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Actually not really! I joined a guild, only do pugs with 3 man groups!

So you can kick people with lower GS cause you don't want them embarrassing you on the charts at the end of the run, gotcha.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So you can kick people with lower GS cause you don't want them embarrassing you on the charts at the end of the run, gotcha.

Dang dude XD

kelso-burn.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    All I'm giving you guys is advice on how not to be kicked so frequently, gear up in order and you will notice you get kicked less.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I love how trolls multiply!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    All I'm giving you guys is advice on how not to be kicked so frequently, gear up in order and you will notice you get kicked less.

All I'm saying is how can they gear up when wallet warriors like you kick them cause they are there to get geared? Kinda hard to get gear when we don't have mommy's money to buy our gear like you.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    All I'm saying is how can they gear up when wallet warriors like you kick them cause they are there to get geared? Kinda hard to get gear when we don't have mommy's money to buy our gear like you.

I'm a wallet warrior because I bought the dragon born pack, and champions of the North pack? Supporting a game I love??
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015

Thanks durva,

Err you asked for his gamertag, so............
  • Options
    keife1991keife1991 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2015
    its just a fact of the game, trs are hated because of how they treat people in pvp and then you add the fact that trs cant do anything in a dungeon. they lose their main power which is stealth 1 hitting, when they hit a add and it doesnt die the adds usually just murder him.

the only class me and my friends dont insta kick is cleric and gf, and if the cleric and gf is dps built then we kick them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mtualphahuskymtualphahusky Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are you all crying to each other? Its the developers who should have implemented a ranking and class system into matchmaking. Its almost too simple, get into a queue and it matches you with people around your gear score and with all different classes. There problem solved!
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You know... I actually feel a little sorry for the people who kick based on classes (for any reason) and/or gear score. It must totally suck being so insecure or mentally deficient. Of course, they wouldn't even know they had a problem in the latter case, but I digress.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    keife1991 wrote: »
    its just a fact of the game, trs are hated because of how they treat people in pvp and then you add the fact that trs cant do anything in a dungeon. they lose their main power which is stealth 1 hitting, when they hit a add and it doesnt die the adds usually just murder him.

the only class me and my friends dont insta kick is cleric and gf, and if the cleric and gf is dps built then we kick them

Um... no. From what I've seen, TRs typically top the damage/kills lists in dungeons, and we usually don't die as often as other classes.

Regarding your stance on kicking, would you be so kind as to pass along your gamertag so I can block you? It would benefit us both in the long run.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Um... no. From what I've seen, TRs typically top the damage/kills lists in dungeons, and we usually don't die as often as other classes.

Regarding your stance on kicking, would you be so kind as to pass along your gamertag so I can block you? It would benefit us both in the long run.

aww poor guy, you really think trs top damage in dungeons? tell you what, ill just give you a list of the classes that actually top dungeons, and then ill tell you who dies the most. 1. hunter ranger, 2. control wizard, 3. scourge warlocks, 4. trickster rogues, 5. great weapon fighter, 6. Guardian fighters, 7. clerics. (because we kick the ones who dont heal)

now who dies the most??? oh ya trickster rogues. because you dont have any place in dungeons, go back to pvpv where you make a build specifically to sthealth 1 shot ppl thats all youre good for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    The amount of vote kicking on this game is ridiculous. I mean I got kicked out of a simple lvl 30 dungeon on my tank simply cause one of the guys I ran with before said I was "undergeared." True he was better geared than me, but that didnt stop the fact that I took #3 while he took #4 on DPS, or the fact I took #1 in damage taken while he took #5. Gear does not determine skill and all of you who whine about it saying that it determines skill...get over yourselves. To the second poster stating that the OP was whining, I can bet all my money that you are one of the "instigators" of the vote kicking and dont like being called out on it. Truth be told the vote kick system needs a serious adjustment. Not everyone can afford to throw down $500 on gear on a whim. And if that is what it takes to not get booted from every dungeon, I see Neverwinter failing on Xbox in time.
  • Options
    unspokinsinunspokinsin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The title says it all. I understand vote kicked is used to remove a group when you have hit a boss you can't down. This is a crappy part of the game because everyone wants to run epics but get kicked. I my self get a fair share of being kicked from a Epic dungeon for that very reason. That is not what has me pissed enough to post on the forums. No the reason I'm here is because Vote kicking needs to be disabled during a Boss fight and when the dungeon is over.

I am so sick of being kicked when the boss is about to die when there is another trickster rogue because they don't want to competition for gear. This just happen to me during the Dungeon delvs. We were going to kill the last boss ad rouge joined the group tried to vote kick. Me and my buddy both said no because I do not mind rolling against another rogue I play the game to have fun.

So just before the boss is about to die I am suddenly vote kicked. The last boss had less then a bar and I missed out on a free box at the end of the Dungeon because some greedy little child cant share. So I feel that once in combat or a boss fight or the dungeon has ended the Vote to kick needs to be disabled. This isn't the first time it has happen like this.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    i agree, you shouldnt be able to vote kick during battle, every one should have to be out of battle to even start it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    keife1991 wrote: »
    aww poor guy, you really think trs top damage in dungeons? tell you what, ill just give you a list of the classes that actually top dungeons, and then ill tell you who dies the most. 1. hunter ranger, 2. control wizard, 3. scourge warlocks, 4. trickster rogues, 5. great weapon fighter, 6. Guardian fighters, 7. clerics. (because we kick the ones who dont heal)

now who dies the most??? oh ya trickster rogues. because you dont have any place in dungeons, go back to pvpv where you make a build specifically to sthealth 1 shot ppl thats all youre good for
    Where's your source? HRs are usually middle or bottom of the pack in all the runs I've done (they also seem like the most likely to get kicked in my experience). CWs and SWs are the only classes that even compete with TRs in terms of damage/kills in dungeons or skirmishes, but they also die a whole lot more often. Like 5 or more deaths per my 1 death... if I even die, which, outside of a full team wipe, is rare.

Also, I don't even play PvP except for the daily. I actually have a hard time in PvP with my TR since I'm always CC'd and can't fight back. My TR is all about PvE, and he excels in that setting. I often double the damage/kills of the person in second place. For example, I ran Caverns of Karrundax Epic from the queue last night with another TR and a CW, SW, and DC. I topped the chart with 18 million damage and almost 300 kills, followed by the other TR at 8.5 million damage and 200 kills. The CW, SW, and DC combined didn't even do as much damage as the TR in second place. I've run hundreds of dungeons and skirmishes and that's a typical end result for me. So I don't think TRs top dungeons and skirmish charts, I know we do.

Seriously though, give me your GT so I can block you.
This discussion has been closed.