What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feat and Power Points Bug Fix

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For anybody wanting to try this out, be warned... it took 5 days for the very first response, 6 days for the second and third and i am still waiting to receive the fourth.

Thank you for the information. Guess i will have to wait and see, if i will get a reply from my ticket first, or if the patch next week will fix my character before it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!
    That is incorrect. AFTER the free respec new feat and power points are unable to be commited on many charcters. I have checked it on every character class. DC/GWF/GF SEEM unaffected and continue to be able to take points AFTER the free respec. The Paladin CAN'T take powers/feats/BOONS as they are earned. ALL points will not commit. The TR/CW/HR/SW CAN'T commit any newly gained points either; I can't validate the boons not commiting, as I have yet to earn any more on these characters. This issue has been reintroduced numerous times. The Commit button is not commiting the points.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!
    your kiding right when you use the free poison token and upgrade to 65 points all your paragon powers that said lvl 65 and 65 points spent that you could place powers in at 65 before you used respec sudenly lose that description grey out and tell you you need to spend more points. only the characters ive used the free respec on have this issue and before i used the token i had almost all my powers rank 4 cause i stick pretty close to paragon for abilitys used
    ONLY CHARACTERS IVE USED FREE RESPEC ON HAVE BECOME BUGGED, NONE THAT I HAVNT USED RESPEC ON HAVE BUGGED
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i was hoping youd fix this with this patch but it seems like you dont even know what the issue is after 100s of us have told you repeatedly
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i was hoping youd fix this with this patch but it seems like you dont even know what the issue is after 100s of us have told you repeatedly

I don't think you understand how bug testing works. They can't just take players' word for it. They have to internally test a fix, then push it to preview. This all takes time, resources, and manpower.

I'll leave this link to a post from Panderus here because I really think it needs to be emphasized: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?915151-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-6&p=10798201&viewfull=1#post10798201
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    for the record i have 3 chars at 70 sofar 1 gwf hasnt used respec all rank 4 powers my control wizard i got to 70 realised sheild had been made op respeced so i could get 50-105% unmitigatable mitigation for pvp(i dont have negation yet that will give me upto 30% more as tab on sheild wears down to 25% from 80%) she now cant place rank 4 powers now that i have 65 points at 64 points it was still showing that at 65 and 65 points spent i could spend on paragon specific powers like i did when leveling put that 65 point in bam lost the option, my tr rouge i got to 70 respeced and liekwise got to 65 points spent and lost the option box/dialog to upgrade my powers past rank 3... this has happened each time i use one of those poisoned free tokens, there like the frogurt from the simpsons, its free but its laced with cyanide. but advising ppl to use them to fix ad respec bug is liekly to cause some rage because every time ive used 1 its broken char. it did let me place feats and boons mind you so its a trade off i guess, but i didnt have ad bug to start with, also thanks for the timely response lewstelamon, i know they have to test it but i thought people not being able to fully rank up powers strait after a level cap increase would have taken top priority for testing deal with the bugs that are likely to make people quit before you deal with ones that are benificial to them and arnt going to annoy them and all that
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's patch day and I still cannot place any of my newly acquired power points from the lvl 70 reward, I'm stuck with 2 that will not allow me to rank from 3 up to 4. And yes I have used my free respec shortly after mod 6 day..

I am NOT going to spend over 100K AD just to be allowed to use them. this is an issue on cryptic's end and needs to be fixed...
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    pereira190pereira190 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I received a free respec, solved my problem after seven days I will return to play
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used my free respec and I cannot allocate points into feats, powers or attributes.
  • Options
    webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't think you understand how bug testing works. They can't just take players' word for it. They have to internally test a fix, then push it to preview. This all takes time, resources, and manpower.

I'll leave this link to a post from Panderus here because I really think it needs to be emphasized: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?915151-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-6&p=10798201&viewfull=1#post10798201

In regards to the link you posted by Panderus. TBH, that entire message reads like one giant blurb of bureaucratic red tape. Stated at one point in that message
    but we are prioritizing what we believe to be higher priority issues first.
    So the absolute basic functionality of the game is not considered a high priority. (or so it would seem in regards to what is and is not addressed during patches)
    They can't just take players' word for it.

Really!? If that were the case, nothing would ever get done/fixed. When a large mass of players come out and clearly state "this is a problem and needs to be addressed"; it would make logical sense to "take players word for it".

Also bearing in mind that a large portion of players just refuse to post anything in the forums regardless of its working state.

NOTE: Although I appreciate the talents involved in the creation of these games for our pleasure. It is "our" pleasure time that is being directly effected. IMO, the game is fast becoming more of the hassle then fun.

Respect!
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got my respec. Credits to the customer service x)

• Options
    cellabonezcellabonez Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i realise everyday after reading this thread there are person still saying you have not used your free respec please just use it so that the rest of us who did before the patch can get some justification and please no more comment about i got free ree respec not using it for its cryptic fault for the love of sanity don't say anything more please

moved on to swordsman :( what a let down and i would have seeing myself waiting for weeks and trying to play with no boon or feat
  • Options
    chefemaestrechefemaestre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys send a support ticket, they will ask you some info and screenshots and they will give you 300 free zen to buy a respect token. The bug seems to be solved as soon as you respect.
  • Options
    n0m4den0m4de Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to the people pointing us to the community managers response...i don't even have a free respec token and i'm not about to shell out 300 zen for a chance at fixing it as i have seen posts by players who have respecced their chars and are still unable to deistribute points, effectively crippling their characters.

but yeah, new items in the zen shop are nice :mad:
  • Options
    micgiladmicgilad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fixxxxx it !!!!!
  • Options
    micgiladmicgilad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    we shuld stop playing for the wikk! lets see ,who is the boss here!If they wont money,then give normal game!Coze i dont have much time for this ****ly NW!We have anoth Good gams -2015!
  • Options
    mariwolfsbanemariwolfsbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys send a support ticket, they will ask you some info and screenshots and they will give you 300 free zen to buy a respect token. The bug seems to be solved as soon as you respect.

Did that days ago and sent them the information they requested and have not heard back from them since. Even updated ticket to request just a status update and nothing.
  • Options
    mettyrmettyr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

I used my free respect and have still this problem...Abilitys, Powers, Skills AND Boons cant set!
  • Options
    chefemaestrechefemaestre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did that days ago and sent them the information they requested and have not heard back from them since. Even updated ticket to request just a status update and nothing.

Well yeah it took almost a week to get a response to solve my problem with the bug, but if you did all correctly you will get the 300 free zen in the end for the respec token, I am just saying that info for the people who might not know it, so they can send a ticket and solve it too.
  • Options
    dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have also used mine and have the same problem
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    let me get this straight, trying to understand what wrong.
    i have 70 lvl GF, and been leveled 3 times to "overlap xp", and not getting a new points to raise from 3's to 4's, is that what the issue was?

all i get was 30k AD, and few stones a level up prizes, and i am just about to get 4th overlap level.
    so, am i suppose to get a point? for my skills?
  • Options
    clytasiaclytasia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I used Free and 300 Zen respec but the rank 4 of Weapon Master make unusable this power.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    wylonus wrote: »
    let me get this straight, trying to understand what wrong.
    i have 70 lvl GF, and been leveled 3 times to "overlap xp", and not getting a new points to raise from 3's to 4's, is that what the issue was?

all i get was 30k AD, and few stones a level up prizes, and i am just about to get 4th overlap level.
    so, am i suppose to get a point? for my skills?
    No.
    What you get by overleveling is random, you might get a point... or something else.

The issue here is, we have the points, but we can't use them, since they won't be saved. Power points, ability points, feat points or boons... all of them can't be used/saved at the moment.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    horrthurrhorrthurr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    anyone ? 10char
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    regenade, thanks, now i see why, if i get the point and try to raise or spend, and they are not saved or recognized by confirm button, then it sort of reset like you havent spend yet.
    so far, i still have free retrain, wont do it til they are offically fixed, they would owed us a free reset, sound like it is forced and nothing works and more bugged characters.
    i rolled a paladin, and he doesnt have retrain up, dont know why, must be "Dated" freebie retrain token?
  • Options
    greyzithgreyzith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well it's not exactly the same, but my point power can't be spend after lvl 70, my boons point can't be spent too, at my dragon sigil stuck at 10 no matter how much i earned
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The free full respec was issued for characters created before module 6.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Points that I'm spending are still not saved permanently:

— attributes
    — powers
    — boons
    — feats

For more than a week now!
    Unbelievable . . .