What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feat and Power Points Bug Fix

Comments

• Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently (from other forum posters) this bug is caused because you had rank 4 power's before you reached 70 and now because that bug was fixed, you cant undo it properly.

I think patience is not entirely unfair, since you've benefited and are probably still benefiting from these rank 4 powers.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    taremanutaremanu Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ever since Mod6 i have been unable to spec my tr and the lag issues have gotten worse and worse. The difficulty level while a bit extreme in implementation was doable until a 30-60 sec server not responding happens, and when that starts might as well log because it will be there for a while.

i personally know a lot of players that have left the game, only because we have no clue what your timetable is. We were promised a fix mod and we got a rate change in dragon coffers.

You say we should be respectful in our posts and believe me I'm trying, but respect is a two way street, we deserve some as well.

Look, if you want to take your money and run I'm cool with that, this is your game, do what you want. But throw the dog a bone eh? Let is know.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have for the most part left the game, along with half my guild. Once you hit 70...that is it... your done..game over. Sad but true. there is no reason to do dungeons since they give you nothing but gear that is worthless, you could do PvP, but why, for 8k AD a day? Seriously, what is there after 70... 3 dungeons that you cannot survive (without 10-15 injury kits and 20 potions) that give you nothing for the 2 hours you just spent doing it. In mod 5, we all had reasons to become better... to increase our GS's... to BUY MORE zen and other stuff. But that is now gone. They took a 3D game and made it 1D...
  • Options
    unforgiven#5690 unforgiven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!

I used the respect even a token and I have the problem

also are bughed grandmaster of arms and other powers if they apply 4 power points.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also what do GWF that had to use their free respec to fix the tab issue do? See signature.
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Omg I cant play it doesnt save the points I put. what can I do about this?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently (from other forum posters) this bug is caused because you had rank 4 power's before you reached 70 and now because that bug was fixed, you cant undo it properly.

I think patience is not entirely unfair, since you've benefited and are probably still benefiting from these rank 4 powers.

I think you're missing the point entirely, at first you could use the 4th rank, if you had more then 65 points spend. It even said so in the description of the 4th rank.
    Then came the change with a patch, that you would need level 70 for the 4th rank. If you are still below level 65, the description on the 4th rank is still "65 points spend and level 65".

Now, it would be understandable, if we couldn't save any more points untill we reach level 70, but that is not the case, we can't save anything at all.
    Even after using the suggested free full respec, a safed up full respec token and a full paid respec it's not going to safe my points on my level 70 SW.

And we're allready waiting since 2 patches for a fix for this gamebreaking problem, that was not caused by us, but by changes made to the game for balance reason i guess?

The possibility to gain rank 4 with 65 points spend/reaching level 65 doesn't seemed to be a "bug" to many of us in the first place, so we placed our points and played the game... and then they patched, and we were left standing in the rain with broken characters.

And how on earth do we benefit from a broken character?
    We can't save any point we get, we can't save any abilitiy points we get, we can't save any boons we try to unlock... do you get the picture?
    Not to mention, that others and myself even bought respec tokens to get our character into action again, only to end up stuck at the next point we got.

A better way would have been, to issue another full respec right after the patch with the changes to the 4th rank.
    And no Dev has to just take my or anyone else word just for it, they can check our characters, they can check the logs, and see for themself, that something isn't right with our characters at this moment.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    procesproces Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!

This is not true! I have used my free respec after hiting level 70 and I could put powers to level 4 without any problem's. After a week or so when I tried to put more points into some powers on level 4 i couldn't. So pls fix this ASAP!
  • Options
    callmetoticallmetoti Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this doesnt help at all....you guys sure know what you are talking about?only players who have not used their free re-spec had this problem..?i have already used my free re-spec, and still have this problem..also my paladin who dont have a free re-spec have this problem also....please look closer guys....
  • Options
    kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    proces wrote: »
    This is not true! I have used my free respec after hiting level 70 and I could put powers to level 4 without any problem's. After a week or so when I tried to put more points into some powers on level 4 i couldn't. So pls fix this ASAP!
    Absolutely true. I, too, did not use any respecc token: I just respecced because of M6' forced respecc. The big bug is this: "Assigned attribute/power/boon/feat points are not saved permanently — regardless of forced respecc or token respecc."

Period.

P.S.: Now it's nearly two weeks without bugfix!
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I did the respec when Elemental Evil went live, so this can't be the reason.

Still, I'm unable to put any points in feats or powers and now that I've reached level 70, I can't even distribute the points in my stats.
    My Char already had spent more than 60 points due to reaching level 60 quite some time ago. Thus I had 74 points spent in the powers by reaching level 67, wich was the last time I could actually spend a point.

All my other chars haven't had any issues, yet. But none of them had reached level 60 when EE went live, so no surplus points on these.

Besides, I recieved a warning message from one of my guild's leaders that a respec would result in a completely unplayable char, as you find yourself unable to put any points into powers/feats/stats...

It looks like there might be some more into this issue than anticipated.
    "I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
    But I'm still human."
    Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    ---
    "I don't like the smell of this."
    Eliza Sandtracker, Hunter Ranger
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I waited a week. When nothing was on the horizon, i caved and used a FULL purchase respec. Annoyed i had to do this but it was better than an unplayable character that i wanted to play.

An unfortunate time for this to happen really. A big bug at a time where Crypic are refinding their feet with staffing changes among a sea of big bugs. Something they arent able to call a time out for.
  • Options
    jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Besides, I recieved a warning message from one of my guild's leaders that a respec would result in a completely unplayable char, as you find yourself unable to put any points into powers/feats/stats...

It looks like there might be some more into this issue than anticipated.

"Respec" is too general a term. If you buy an AD respec, it resets your feats and boons only. This is the one that will leave a bugged character unplayable. It will clear all your feats and boons, and it won't un-bug your character (the bug has to do with rank 4 powers which this type of respec doesn't touch). You will end up with a feat-less, boon-less character with no way to commit feats and boons.

However, if you use a re-train token, it will reset your powers, too. And this is confirmed to un-bug your character if you want to go this route. Likewise, if you still have the free respec given with mod 6, this will also reset your powers in addition to feats/boons/ability points, and will also un-bug your character.

If your character is bugged and you no longer have the free respec, open a ticket with customer support. Reports are coming back that they will give a free respec once they have the information they need on your character.
  • Options
    venvikvenivenvikveni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Absolutely true. I, too, did not use any respecc token: I just respecced because of M6' forced respecc. The big bug is this: "Assigned attribute/power/boon/feat points are not saved permanently — regardless of forced respecc or token respecc."

Period.

P.S.: Now it's nearly two weeks without bugfix!

I have the same problem, and i am still waiting answer of my tiket ... so what should i do ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    1. Wait for a patch, that really fix this bug.
    or
    2. Contact the support, and hope they will give you a full respec.
    or
    3. Pay for a full respec, and hope you will get a refund for it from the support.

As mentioned before, i have used 3 full respecs, and i still got stuck with my points. And i'm not so sure, what will happen, when my other characters hit level 70, and can distribute their first points into a 4th rank... might they get stuck too at some point?

Besides, as also mentioned before, it would help to update the description on the 4th rank, since it still shows,
    65 points spend and level 65,
    as requirement to use the 4th rank.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jiinks wrote: »
    "Respec" is too general a term. If you buy an AD respec, it resets your feats and boons only. This is the one that will leave a bugged character unplayable. It will clear all your feats and boons, and it won't un-bug your character (the bug has to do with rank 4 powers which this type of respec doesn't touch). You will end up with a feat-less, boon-less character with no way to commit feats and boons.

However, if you use a re-train token, it will reset your powers, too. And this is confirmed to un-bug your character if you want to go this route. Likewise, if you still have the free respec given with mod 6, this will also reset your powers in addition to feats/boons/ability points, and will also un-bug your character.

If your character is bugged and you no longer have the free respec, open a ticket with customer support. Reports are coming back that they will give a free respec once they have the information they need on your character.
    Well, this info came a little late for me, as I dared to take one of the respec tokens I won in one of the past events.
    Good news, though. It worked. Now I'm able to go on with the new content. :)

Just to clarify: I experienced this bug despite having used the (forced?) free full respec.
    regenerde wrote: »
    1. Wait for a patch, that really fix this bug.
    or
    2. Contact the support, and hope they will give you a full respec.
    or
    3. Pay for a full respec, and hope you will get a refund for it from the support.

As mentioned before, i have used 3 full respecs, and i still got stuck with my points. And i'm not so sure, what will happen, when my other characters hit level 70, and can distribute their first points into a 4th rank... might they get stuck too at some point?

Besides, as also mentioned before, it would help to update the description on the 4th rank, since it still shows,
    65 points spend and level 65,
    as requirement to use the 4th rank.
    Interesting.
    Did I read that right that you encountered this bug after hitting level 70? I ran into it at level 67.
    My other toons didn't see any issues, yet (level 62-69), but haven't been able to put any points in the fourth rank, anyway.
    "I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
    But I'm still human."
    Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    ---
    "I don't like the smell of this."
    Eliza Sandtracker, Hunter Ranger
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I had to spend money and buy a retraining token to fix it. I didn't get a reply from my ticket and didn't look like it was gonna get fixed soon so I had to pay.....nice.....
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I had to spend money and buy a retraining token to fix it. I didn't get a reply from my ticket and didn't look like it was gonna get fixed soon so I had to pay.....nice.....

That would make more than 2 of us. Still... I have used the FREE respec token, bought a few of my own and paid AD for a Feat and Boon respec... still there is an issue.

My Lashing Blade hit the sme when I was 60, with a rank 3. I pay attention to numbers, as most of us do, and the new rank 4 numbers are not delivering what was promised. Everything I have at rank 4, which is about 8 things, does no more damage or proc more than they did at 3. I understnd that the damage will be spread on an average, but the average is about the same... not 10% better... in the case of my LB.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Interesting.
    Did I read that right that you encountered this bug after hitting level 70? I ran into it at level 67.
    My other toons didn't see any issues, yet (level 62-69), but haven't been able to put any points in the fourth rank, anyway.
    No, i'm stuck since level 65. I ranked the path powers up to 4 on 65, i had enough points from before module 6, and then came the patch along and broke my character...

And while for others leveling to 70 set things right again, i still can't choose and save any points at all. Same with the full respec, i used 3 of them before, and i still can't use all of my points.

Now waiting for 5 days on a response from the support on my ticket about this problem. I added all informations right from the start, even added a screenshot from my character sheet to the ticket.
    I was hoping, that tickets with this specific problem would at least be prioritized, but i guess that is not the case... so, i have to keep waiting, before i can update and play my main character in a meaningfull way again.

My DC just hit 66, my CW 63 and my TR 61. No problems there, but since they reached the level 65 mark after the patches, they should be fine... i hope.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    #1. A Respec fixes what points you currently have, it doesn't fix any earned after the respec. Just wait at this point.
    #2. They have issued server wide respecs after correcting this issue before. I'm sure once they've corrected the code they will again.
    #3. MANY of the new changes are long over due and undeniable improvments since inception.(If you stuck out the other mod relases, this one is the first that really added player suggestions to the content. 10 man GG? awesome. 4 ranks of encounters? awesome. Enchantment changes and lvl raise? awesome. Sneak peak of PVP competition awards? awesome. New class? awesome.)
    #4. They are giving the NW community the much need attention it has lacked on and off. They were modifying live server while running. That's risky practice that normally doesn't happen(I wouldn't have left it live to change anything.) That validates the commitment to try and fix the issues.

NOW, with that said:
    #1. You guys fixed dungeons before respecs. You KNOW you have the whole community riding your rears on the bigger player issues.
    #2. Sending a few players a respec is a complete waste of the man power resource. You KNOW you'll issue another respec once its corrected. You've done so twice before when points wouldn't commit.
    #3. Thank you for finally taking so much player input. Many of the changes are absolute wins. I won't rehash each one, but dungeon parties have been far more fun having everyone have to play their prospective roles in combat. I can feel it on every class and in every party. Once the other issues are corrected, NW will be far more fun for all players new and old.

Scott? When will foundry return? You guys addressed my question on twitch a few months ago with Akro about foundry content becoming player created dungeons with actual award chests and true bosses. Ultimately offering us all endless new dungeons to play. The response was that it was in the works and had lots of issues to make it happen without leaving exploit doors wide open. I really hope this wasn't forgotten. With a more sophisticated foundry authoring tool, many tabletop dungeon masters could begin to bring in old printed campaigns; but players want a chance to earn a real reward. The foundry chests yielding garbage loot has been one of the few huge reasons more people do not do or enjoy foundry. The player base will simply out work your design team in dungeon creation if allowed. I hope it's been happening, and hope it's huge.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    #1. A Respec fixes what points you currently have, it doesn't fix any earned after the respec. Just wait at this point.

Respec completely fixed it for me, including being able to spend a Power point I got from overflow experience later.

I had a bugged character (had rank 4s too early according to the newly enforced criteria in the May 23 patch, could not commit feats / boons after the May 23 patch). I still had the free respec on one of them and used it. Just yesterday, I received another Power point as an overflow experience reward. It let me use it, and it "stuck", no problem.

So at least in my case the re-spec was a complete solution.
    #2. They have issued server wide respecs after correcting this issue before. I'm sure once they've corrected the code they will again.

The code was corrected on May 23. The problem is that the database information for the characters who already had "premature" rank 4s was not corrected. This left them bugged. A re-spec that includes a reset on power points fixes the character data. This is a complete fix for characters with that particular problem.

Having said that, it sounds like there is another issue if you re-speced after May 23, and now have an issue spending a new Power point. But again, in my case, I could spend it just fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ... the support replied today with an answer, where i practically had to retype everything i allready had in the ticket yet again. I even added more screenshots to the ticket, and now i'm just wondering how long it will take for another reply.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what I want to know is when they are going to fix the power point bug.... like the post says use your free respec, BUT what do I do when the power point cannot be allocated even after using the free respec or the hot mess after reaching level 70 for your OPs.....they did not receive a free respec....All of my characters have been going through all that.....I will respec each one of them twice but it gets expensive after doing 4 and you still have 6 more to go, and that does not guarantee the points you receive after level 70 like my OP so at the moment I cannot use any of my characters in dungeons since the points cannot be allocated or my Boons after using the free respec. I have sent a bug report but no answer yet and it has been four days...
  • Options
    miomans0miomans0 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *cross fingers to get fixed in the next patch*
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, this info came a little late for me, as I dared to take one of the respec tokens I won in one of the past events.
    Good news, though. It worked. Now I'm able to go on with the new content. :)

Just to clarify: I experienced this bug despite having used the (forced?) free full respec.

Interesting.

regardless of your respec with AD or zen...you could use either one before without issues and not have to plead for it to be fixed...or in this case told to use your free respec....what if you want to use your character to see if your build still has the same effects before this MOD...some people do not use preview so they do not know....and as we know sometimes what you see in preview is not what we get...regarless you should be able to respec your character and be done with it instead of having to worry about it every time you level your character and need to place a new power point...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    miomans0 wrote: »
    *cross fingers to get fixed in the next patch*

yeap...because it has been a while since we have had this many issues with the game
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I used the free respect when I was at level 62... at level 66 I put a point into a power that took it to rank 4... now I am FUBAR. Will this be resolved soon?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There was something about a fix in the next patch, but we have to wait and see...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just used my "free" retrain on my alts, and they seem to be fixed, my GF just got little tougher and more damages, doing Well of Dragon lot better, but still have to pull and pick target carefully to avoid getting overwhelm. with "Eternal" set doesnt help much when dealing with "73 lvl mob groups", they are still too much as 73 lvl.
    dungeons and skirmishs are still avoiding, i tried Shores of Tuern, forget it. didnt like burning those heal kits, burned 7 by 3rd group of mobs since drop in, had DC in our group, failed to heal as i get one shotted, and i have 1,926 pts, more than 1,600 pts required for Shores.

i have 93,000 health base, i still thinks mobs were hitting like 150k a hit.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm asking for a refund for wasted full respecs, have to wait and see what they say about it. Besides, i doubt that this is intended.
    They're loosing more money through this bug, by people just leaving the game, then they make through sells of full respecs.

Edit: I got my free respec today, and i could respec my character with all points, feats and boons... but no word about a refund for the other two wasted full respecs.
    Want to know why?
This discussion has been closed.