test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feat and Power Points Bug Fix

Comments

• cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used my free respec and I cannot allocate points into feats, powers or attributes.
  • webbigwebbig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't think you understand how bug testing works. They can't just take players' word for it. They have to internally test a fix, then push it to preview. This all takes time, resources, and manpower.

I'll leave this link to a post from Panderus here because I really think it needs to be emphasized: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?915151-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-6&p=10798201&viewfull=1#post10798201

In regards to the link you posted by Panderus. TBH, that entire message reads like one giant blurb of bureaucratic red tape. Stated at one point in that message
    but we are prioritizing what we believe to be higher priority issues first.
    So the absolute basic functionality of the game is not considered a high priority. (or so it would seem in regards to what is and is not addressed during patches)
    They can't just take players' word for it.

Really!? If that were the case, nothing would ever get done/fixed. When a large mass of players come out and clearly state "this is a problem and needs to be addressed"; it would make logical sense to "take players word for it".

Also bearing in mind that a large portion of players just refuse to post anything in the forums regardless of its working state.

NOTE: Although I appreciate the talents involved in the creation of these games for our pleasure. It is "our" pleasure time that is being directly effected. IMO, the game is fast becoming more of the hassle then fun.

Respect!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got my respec. Credits to the customer service x)

• cellabonezcellabonez Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i realise everyday after reading this thread there are person still saying you have not used your free respec please just use it so that the rest of us who did before the patch can get some justification and please no more comment about i got free ree respec not using it for its cryptic fault for the love of sanity don't say anything more please

moved on to swordsman :( what a let down and i would have seeing myself waiting for weeks and trying to play with no boon or feat
  • chefemaestrechefemaestre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys send a support ticket, they will ask you some info and screenshots and they will give you 300 free zen to buy a respect token. The bug seems to be solved as soon as you respect.
  • n0m4den0m4de Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to the people pointing us to the community managers response...i don't even have a free respec token and i'm not about to shell out 300 zen for a chance at fixing it as i have seen posts by players who have respecced their chars and are still unable to deistribute points, effectively crippling their characters.

but yeah, new items in the zen shop are nice :mad:
  • micgiladmicgilad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fixxxxx it !!!!!
  • micgiladmicgilad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    we shuld stop playing for the wikk! lets see ,who is the boss here!If they wont money,then give normal game!Coze i dont have much time for this ****ly NW!We have anoth Good gams -2015!
  • mariwolfsbanemariwolfsbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys send a support ticket, they will ask you some info and screenshots and they will give you 300 free zen to buy a respect token. The bug seems to be solved as soon as you respect.

Did that days ago and sent them the information they requested and have not heard back from them since. Even updated ticket to request just a status update and nothing.
  • mettyrmettyr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!

I used my free respect and have still this problem...Abilitys, Powers, Skills AND Boons cant set!
  • chefemaestrechefemaestre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did that days ago and sent them the information they requested and have not heard back from them since. Even updated ticket to request just a status update and nothing.

Well yeah it took almost a week to get a response to solve my problem with the bug, but if you did all correctly you will get the 300 free zen in the end for the respec token, I am just saying that info for the people who might not know it, so they can send a ticket and solve it too.
  • dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have also used mine and have the same problem
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    let me get this straight, trying to understand what wrong.
    i have 70 lvl GF, and been leveled 3 times to "overlap xp", and not getting a new points to raise from 3's to 4's, is that what the issue was?

all i get was 30k AD, and few stones a level up prizes, and i am just about to get 4th overlap level.
    so, am i suppose to get a point? for my skills?
  • clytasiaclytasia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I used Free and 300 Zen respec but the rank 4 of Weapon Master make unusable this power.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wylonus wrote: »
    let me get this straight, trying to understand what wrong.
    i have 70 lvl GF, and been leveled 3 times to "overlap xp", and not getting a new points to raise from 3's to 4's, is that what the issue was?

all i get was 30k AD, and few stones a level up prizes, and i am just about to get 4th overlap level.
    so, am i suppose to get a point? for my skills?
    No.
    What you get by overleveling is random, you might get a point... or something else.

The issue here is, we have the points, but we can't use them, since they won't be saved. Power points, ability points, feat points or boons... all of them can't be used/saved at the moment.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • horrthurrhorrthurr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    anyone ? 10char
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    regenade, thanks, now i see why, if i get the point and try to raise or spend, and they are not saved or recognized by confirm button, then it sort of reset like you havent spend yet.
    so far, i still have free retrain, wont do it til they are offically fixed, they would owed us a free reset, sound like it is forced and nothing works and more bugged characters.
    i rolled a paladin, and he doesnt have retrain up, dont know why, must be "Dated" freebie retrain token?
  • greyzithgreyzith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well it's not exactly the same, but my point power can't be spend after lvl 70, my boons point can't be spent too, at my dragon sigil stuck at 10 no matter how much i earned
    edited May 2015
    The free full respec was issued for characters created before module 6.
    Want to know why?
  • kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Points that I'm spending are still not saved permanently:

— attributes
    — powers
    — boons
    — feats

For more than a week now!
    Unbelievable . . .
  • kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Points that I'm spending are still not saved permanently:

— attributes
    — powers
    — boons
    — feats

For more than a week now!

Unbelievable . . .

Unplayable.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apparently (from other forum posters) this bug is caused because you had rank 4 power's before you reached 70 and now because that bug was fixed, you cant undo it properly.

I think patience is not entirely unfair, since you've benefited and are probably still benefiting from these rank 4 powers.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • taremanutaremanu Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ever since Mod6 i have been unable to spec my tr and the lag issues have gotten worse and worse. The difficulty level while a bit extreme in implementation was doable until a 30-60 sec server not responding happens, and when that starts might as well log because it will be there for a while.

i personally know a lot of players that have left the game, only because we have no clue what your timetable is. We were promised a fix mod and we got a rate change in dragon coffers.

You say we should be respectful in our posts and believe me I'm trying, but respect is a two way street, we deserve some as well.

Look, if you want to take your money and run I'm cool with that, this is your game, do what you want. But throw the dog a bone eh? Let is know.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have for the most part left the game, along with half my guild. Once you hit 70...that is it... your done..game over. Sad but true. there is no reason to do dungeons since they give you nothing but gear that is worthless, you could do PvP, but why, for 8k AD a day? Seriously, what is there after 70... 3 dungeons that you cannot survive (without 10-15 injury kits and 20 potions) that give you nothing for the 2 hours you just spent doing it. In mod 5, we all had reasons to become better... to increase our GS's... to BUY MORE zen and other stuff. But that is now gone. They took a 3D game and made it 1D...
  • unforgiven#5690 unforgiven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!

I used the respect even a token and I have the problem

also are bughed grandmaster of arms and other powers if they apply 4 power points.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also what do GWF that had to use their free respec to fix the tab issue do? See signature.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Omg I cant play it doesnt save the points I put. what can I do about this?
    edited May 2015
    Apparently (from other forum posters) this bug is caused because you had rank 4 power's before you reached 70 and now because that bug was fixed, you cant undo it properly.

I think patience is not entirely unfair, since you've benefited and are probably still benefiting from these rank 4 powers.

I think you're missing the point entirely, at first you could use the 4th rank, if you had more then 65 points spend. It even said so in the description of the 4th rank.
    Then came the change with a patch, that you would need level 70 for the 4th rank. If you are still below level 65, the description on the 4th rank is still "65 points spend and level 65".

Now, it would be understandable, if we couldn't save any more points untill we reach level 70, but that is not the case, we can't save anything at all.
    Even after using the suggested free full respec, a safed up full respec token and a full paid respec it's not going to safe my points on my level 70 SW.

And we're allready waiting since 2 patches for a fix for this gamebreaking problem, that was not caused by us, but by changes made to the game for balance reason i guess?

The possibility to gain rank 4 with 65 points spend/reaching level 65 doesn't seemed to be a "bug" to many of us in the first place, so we placed our points and played the game... and then they patched, and we were left standing in the rain with broken characters.

And how on earth do we benefit from a broken character?
    We can't save any point we get, we can't save any abilitiy points we get, we can't save any boons we try to unlock... do you get the picture?
    Not to mention, that others and myself even bought respec tokens to get our character into action again, only to end up stuck at the next point we got.

A better way would have been, to issue another full respec right after the patch with the changes to the 4th rank.
    And no Dev has to just take my or anyone else word just for it, they can check our characters, they can check the logs, and see for themself, that something isn't right with our characters at this moment.
    Want to know why?
  • procesproces Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

This is not true! I have used my free respec after hiting level 70 and I could put powers to level 4 without any problem's. After a week or so when I tried to put more points into some powers on level 4 i couldn't. So pls fix this ASAP!
  • callmetoticallmetoti Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this doesnt help at all....you guys sure know what you are talking about?only players who have not used their free re-spec had this problem..?i have already used my free re-spec, and still have this problem..also my paladin who dont have a free re-spec have this problem also....please look closer guys....
This discussion has been closed.