test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feat and Power Points Bug Fix

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

For the Feats and Power Points bug, our developers have stated that only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue. The issue can be resolved by using the free Respec.

Hope this helps!

Are you sure? I haven't used the free respec yet and i have no problems with my feats and powers...
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had no problem with adding feats and power points before the last patch... and I refuse to respec my character.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    damnacious wrote: »
    Are you sure? I haven't used the free respec yet and i have no problems with my feats and powers...
    He did not say all players who haven't used their free respec have this issue.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I have used mine and I still have the bug :(
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have used my free respect, right after M6 came out, and I still have this issue. Didn't have any issue using power or feat points until the last patch came out. Since then, haven't been able to use my feat points ( haven't tried my power points since patch as I am saving them for level 70). So, at least in my case, that isn't the issue.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

I used my free respec and i have the respec/feat/boon/power/ability bug. I submitted a bug report and asked the customer service if i could get another respec, since my character is unplayable right now. My report went out to the customer service, almost 5 days ago and still have not received a reply. (checked my e-mail inbox daily, it's still labelled as 'unresolved')

Furthermore, the bug is not related to the free respec, at all. It is caused by the latest patch regarding rank 4 powers. We used to be able to pick up rank 4 powers pre lvl 70, due to a bug. Now that the said powers have been locked to lvl 70, we who happen to have rank 4 powers are not able to respec our characters with AD (feat/boon respec), anymore. The game gives us an error message and does not let us distribute our feat points/boons/etc., because an AD respec is not enough, in order to get rid of the bugged rank 4 powers. I believe, that only a full respec could fix the issue... and this isn't even a 100% solution for every affected character, since i've read about people still being unable to distribute their feats/boons/etc., due the the '70 points spent' - requirement on the rank 4 powers and not having 70 power points unlocked.

I don't even mind the 96000 AD that i've lost, i just would like to be able to play my character again.

• djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice try but no, using thee free respec before april 23th patch and having the issue so either give another free respect or try again.
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Any character that brought a Power up to rank 4 before Thursday's patch without meeting the newly enforced criteria of Level 70 + >70 Power points spent (including the rank 4) have this bug. It has NOTHING to do with whether or not the character respec'ed before this happened. The dev's need to take a more careful look at this.

2. I'm not looking for a workaround to this. We've already identified that a re-train will un-bug a character. I shouldn't have to buy one of these to get rid of a bug, though. Nor should I have to use a re-spec given / obtained for some other purpose.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why urge people to use their free respec to solve a problem for which there's feedback from people saying it doesn't ?

Your developers might say or think it does, but what about what the people who are playing the game are saying ?

Is the forum feedback not channeled back to you guys at all ?
  • ironmetal1ironmetal1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i am not seeing alot of proof that using free respect fixes it. plus iam happy at the moment what feats and powers i have:D keep looking at it please:D
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    Why urge people to use their free respec to solve a problem for which there's feedback from people saying it doesn't ?

Your developers might say or think it does, but what about what the people who are playing the game are saying ?

Is the forum feedback not channeled back to you guys at all ?

The free respec will fix it. It's the AD respec that won't (and in fact, leaves your character even worse off).

The issue is that some people used the free respec before their character was bugged. The free respec was given due to the significance of the mod 6 changes, and some people used it to make their character more suitable to the new environment. The bug wasn't in the game until Thursday's patch.

ETA: Others don't want to go through a full re-spec on their character to fix a bug introduced with the patch.
  • valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used my free respec last week , and spent the last of my AD this week to just respec feats/boons .Not a penny left to buy a ZEN respec token. Now all I can do is stay at Protector's Enclave invoking. People have clearly pointed out that the issue is caused after the latest patch and the change/fix to rank 4 powers. Double xp week? Missing it. Farming some seals/dungeons? No can do. Doing some dailies at campaign areas? Nop. PvP? *cough*
    Its a game breaking bug that can be fixed via buying a retrain token with resources I don't have cause I used them to actually cause the bug. Please address it somehow. I wanna play. And others too. But we literally can't.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My pally did not get a Free Respect and has several boons and Power Points that wont commit. And yes, I tried relogging for those that are thinkin it. I can wait a little longer for a complete fix but I draw the line if not fixed by Halloween!!! :p
  • pereira190pereira190 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    see the video I made on this subject, I already used the respec and I'm still with the bug:
  • ironmetal1ironmetal1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i just did it the free respect and it worked:D i never respect my character ever so it does work for those who have not respect before
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i used my free respect already.. 4 days without feats/boons ...
  • tancredantiochtancredantioch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used my free respec when I reached 60. So the game makers are talking through their backsides. Also the sudden change in gear from hard won purple epic to 100+ level green means I cannot get into any epic queues as although my current gear is half as good again as the purple stuff I salvaged 'doesnt have enough points'. I realise there have to be glitches is such a massive upgrade/expansion of the game but really? Do any of the developers actually play the bloody game?
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

So basically "We screwed up and made it so you could purchase the 4th rank of some of your powers before we intended. Its fixed now, but becuase we screwed up in the first place some of you are having issues that shouldn't have existed in the first place if we'd payed proper attention to feedback when this module was still only on the preview server. To fix our mistake please use either the free gift we gave you because of all the new changes or give us more of your money."
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wrong. I used my free respec prior to an AD respec and was bugged also. A retraining token did fix it although i am now out 116k and 300 Zen.
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!
    Please explain why my paladin * you know, the class that came in mod 6* can't spend points in rank 4/boons/ and doesn't own a free respec, since last patch ?
    edited April 2015
    Just added a power point to my DC. It took just fine.

No respec needed.
    header.png
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just added a power point to my DC. It took just fine.

No respec needed.

Then you did not apply rank 4 powers before lvl 70 and tried to respec with AD before hitting lvl 70. Meaning, you are not affected by the bug.

edited April 2015
    Then you did not apply rank 4 powers before lvl 70 and tried to respec with AD before hitting lvl 70. Meaning, you are not affected by the bug.

That's a pretty specific chain of events to create such a significant bug. should be easy enough to track down. :-)

But it was more a comment towards Strum's OP:

"only players who have not used their free Respec have this issue."

I haven't used the free respec (I refuse to respec my characters). I'm not having the issue. So it's gotta be something else, perhaps?
    header.png
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I think we need another free respec to get rid of it then. Many people used theres before issue and are now unable to spend there feats and power points.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destinguishedfacedestinguishedface Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry but my DC used the free respec when mod 6 first came out, and now at lvl 70 I can't spend any ability scores, feats or power points. I shouldn't have to buy a retraining token to fix this.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

This is not true.

2ewfock.png

Paladin is a new char i dont got free respec i buyed it for real money cuz Justice tree is bugged for Oath of Protection and dont work at all.
    Now i cant spend feat points power points and boons
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • pereira190pereira190 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    difficult this situation, it was with a secondary character my I would not care but was soon with my main character has happened this bug ... days I could be doing dungeons and taking AD I can not because I am no feats, I'll wait until Thursday if not solve it the Devs will be required to take a new resperc free for whom this without playing because of the bug
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    a similar problem on my devoted cleric got lvl 62 and i cant use my 1 point of feat says "uncommited changes" and doesnt save where i add it
  • locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Hope this helps!

I bugged myself by putting 4 points on Gloaming Cut before I was level 70. I still had my Free Respec though. Free Respec fixed the problem.

Many thanks to all involved resolving this issue!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been able to commit feat points once I reached lvl 70 on my CW on the 24th and I didn't use the free respec. I'm not able to commit more power points on my DC on which I used the free respec before the 23rd though.
This discussion has been closed.