test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I thought wow finally a free item, then after trying to figure out how to redeem the code since it kept taking me to the wrong page it didn't work anyway......thanks.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?898361-Neverwinter-Update-Trove-of-Elemental-Evil-Email-Code&p=10629691&viewfull=1#post10629691

A GM posted about the situation in this thread. It did not appear in the dev tracker because he probably hasn't been flagged as a dev yet.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • oshagoooshagoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get it, sometimes we make mistakes. Sometimes we involve 3rd party affiliates because they promise us the world. I also get business insurance, and when you have 11 lottery winners, sometimes you just have to dig deep. I personally would have let this slide and after firing the people responsible there would be another fixed (offer / reward) going out, looking at a number of variables (did #user claim reward, did #user sell or destroy reward, etc)

Those of you who QQ about testing, have never met the world. It is full of insanely creative people who not only think outside the box but make the jump from square to cube to tesseract instantly. Companies hire gamers/hackers as play testers but all it takes is one person in a free to play (no cost of entry ) environment to set off a chain reaction.

Are we disappointed they pulled the campaign because of this? yes.
    Do we understand their logic/reasoning behind it? no.

But I feel confident that pioneer in F2P will correct course and right the ship. We can't blame the captain for bad weather, it's how he deals with it that he will be judged.

Thanks for the heads up, Ill keep an eye out for the next email.
  • sumtasumta Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    quick and dirty fix, in game mail every current character, bound to character..
  • gleamingblades1gleamingblades1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why we cant have nice things. i was excited to get a nice gift. hope to see it fixed soon. ill keep my email safe till such time
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Firstly, thank you very much for the communication! I really appreciate it! Please keep it up!

Secondly, thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to reward your player base.

Now to some harsh criticism that has been stated here before yet I don't think you can hear it enough...

This is a lesson that should have already been learned. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..."

I would consider this an awesome opportunity to take notice of all those accounts that redeemed and exploited this code and make some serious examples of them using your logs. I would like to see some serious actions taken towards players that have exploited this, particularly as there seems to be an increasingly larger part of the population that feels it is quite acceptable to rort the system for their own advantage and, most often, at the disadvantage of others. This growing culture of exploitation has, in my opinion, been made 'acceptable' due to a lack of heavy penalties for transgressors. For example, I still see players in game that have taken part in exploiting every single opportunity and, even though they may receive a temporary ban, this is not sufficient to encourage them to stop exploiting as there is more (significantly so!) profit available to be made by exploiting while the risks are very small and the punishments very lenient.

As promoted by other players already, perhaps consider taking the additional time to at least make the rewards Bind to Account.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    damnacious wrote: »
    Firstly, thank you very much for the communication! I really appreciate it! Please keep it up!

Secondly, thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to reward your player base.

Now to some harsh criticism that has been stated here before yet I don't think you can hear it enough...

This is a lesson that should have already been learned. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..."

I would consider this an awesome opportunity to take notice of all those accounts that redeemed and exploited this code and make some serious examples of them using your logs. I would like to see some serious actions taken towards players that have exploited this, particularly as there seems to be an increasingly larger part of the population that feels it is quite acceptable to rort the system for their own advantage and, most often, at the disadvantage of others. This growing culture of exploitation has, in my opinion, been made 'acceptable' due to a lack of heavy penalties for transgressors. For example, I still see players in game that have taken part in exploiting every single opportunity and, even though they may receive a temporary ban, this is not sufficient to encourage them to stop exploiting as there is more (significantly so!) profit available to be made by exploiting while the risks are very small and the punishments very lenient.

As promoted by other players already, perhaps consider taking the additional time to at least make the rewards Bind to Account.

+1!

I hope those, who did this shameful thing get punished, more so cause they robed us honest players a chance again!

Hope the Admins can track them down via log and take away the presents, such people deserve no present!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• djownatadjownata Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have not received code by email, nor knew it, and already will stop. The game ta disappointed me more and more. I cost put everything in the epic, have spells of armaturas have jewelry store level 20 and the two rings tops, put all in level 7. Now to # $$ # @ $. I am **** again, this time even more than before, if I knew q gave to do that I would have done, since most q to live in Brazil en to buy the very zen because that is sucks.
    Speaking of country, this mod all the news are untranslated.
  • jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, same thing is happening to me as well.

I've been a part of this game since the beginning and I've spent a decent amount on this game, but really starting to get fed up with all the issues I seem to run into with Neverwinter, particularly of late. I play games to destress not make myself more stressed and with all the issues with Neverwinter of late (particularly with the Mod 6 update), I find I'm spending far too much of my time with this game being frustrated.

I'm starting to question if the devs are incompetent or just severely under-staffed? I'm leaning toward the latter. I love the potential of this game, but good God Cryptic, please get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together. This game has become a mess!

Signed,

Unhappy Customer
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well that answers my question...was wondering why they sent an email with an expired code.

Very typical with the neverwinter game.

And very typical they have tons of exploits happenign with the code.

if it was special and bound or something then people would just simply sell the codes on ebay or whatever.

I personaly dont know why a company would have a code thing like that anywise....if they made it in game only and only be able to be gotten by people who have acocunts of a certain age....probably would have been a million times better.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dabigmek2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link.

Why is it always the scammers and low-life's that ruin things for everyone else?

Because if they didn't, they wouldn't be low life's and scammers...Seriously though, I got the code on the forums a day before Cryptic even sent out anything about it. Sometimes I check this thread out...maybe once a week...Checked it the other day (day before Cryptic said anything)and boom...Elemental pack! I just claimed my 1 though...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?216541-Neverwinter-List-of-Promotions-amp-Giveaways
  • jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i hope those people that abused the code will be punished...

This is just one more thing pushing me away from the game...

Exactly how I feel!

This game seems to be the one game that keeps these jokers playing at the risk of pushing away its faithful/devoted players.

I am a founder that has been with this game since the beginning and I've spent a decent amount of money on this game during it's time. I've gone through my fair share of technical difficulties and rollbacks, but frankly I'm becoming more and more frustrated and less forgiving with the constant issues and mismanagement of this game.

While I appreciate the hard work of what would appear to be a dev team that is under-staffed, I need to be honest in saying that as a player I play games to destress not become more stressed. Unfortunately, Neverwinter has become a buggy mess of a game that sometimes is more hassle than it's worth.

I'm in love with D&D, The Forgotten Realms and the potential of Neverwinter, but it's seriously becoming a challenge to enjoy this game and it definitely seems to be losing its footing in terms of becoming an MMO worthy of my time.

So pissed at the mess this game has become and so wish it could pull its head out and reach anywhere close to its potential.

Be mad at me if you wish, but I'm just being honest with my 2 cents worth.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never received any such email. :(

I hope this gets sorted out.
    FQqt1TU.jpg
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the email, but didn't try to redeem it until 2 hours later. By that time it was WAY WAY WAY too late. Anyway, I trust those who DID redeem the code (for good or ill) do not receive another code once this hiccup is remedied. No sense in the allowing those who were able to benefit do so again. IMHO.
  • mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015

so what you want them to do, ban all players? only because they used someting that the DEV missed on?,
    just leet it be man, we understand you are mad, because you dident get the code, but they will fix it, and give us Another code or someting,
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely looking into the discussions from the community and are looking for ways to remedy it.
    I was excited to see the reward as I am a long-time player of NW. I'm so sad I didn't get to redeem the code before others found ways to exploit it before I even knew about it.

It's an exciting reward, (Thank you!) and I hope you can instate your remedy for it, as I'd hate to miss out because of some unscrupulous players!
  • xiquatlexiquatle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Getting out the Banhammer again? Will I get another Catastraphy Cape? Maybe it will be caps this time? Just make it a free appearance change this time, I have to pay 55k AD before.

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool: You lose!
  • thunderlore2thunderlore2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the communication much appreciated was confused why the code didnt work:)

Saying this we have seen many examples of exploit in the game recently be as it may bots and other abusers still benefit by these things whereas hard working players are disappointed by the actions the game takes to discourage such behavior. An example is the RP item binding to discourage botting by players that left the prices of RP items sky high.

What i suggest is a team assigned by the game to access and remedy such issues before they occur, the team can include some seasoned players because only other players can understand the thinking of other gamers.The team can test any new and old game situations where bug exploits are possible and report back to the devs. Such an action can avoid bug exploits before they can be made use of.

AS for this issue simply making the code sent via email be redeemable once should be enough as well as putting a time limit on game play of the person as you have said it is for dedicated players so say accounts that were created a month ago only they can redeem the reward, as for the reselling making the item account bound would be a good way to avoid such an issue. Hope the feedback is helpful in a tinee tiny way ^^
  • lwyphanlwyphan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

+1

Any income you are concerned about losing by getting rid of these idiots will be more than made up by those of us who appreciate having our loyalty rewarded.

Every mmo I've ever played has been plagued with morons who just can't be decent. Is this something the devs might have missed? Probably. But here's the bottom line, just play the freakin game. I know the difference between right and wrong. If you don't, then, well you shouldn't be playing here. Just because you can take advantage of something / someone doesn't mean you should. The devs shouldn't HAVE TO babysit all these idiots. Imagine all the game could have or would be if they didn't have to waste resources making sure some d-bag doesn't try to capitalize on a free gift.

Long story short.... PERMA-BAN THEM!

Problem solved:)

Shame on those of you who ruined this for everyone else. You're pathetic.
  • anotdroitanotdroit Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    May be I am missing something here, how does some people trading the rewards affect the gameplay for others? Although the problem can be solved easily by binding the items, let those who trade, trade. Let those who don't, play as it is...
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Am sorry to be one of the long-time dedicated players who missed out on a chance to get something nice due to the actions of the exploiters. It seems kind of unfair that a nice reward is pulled away from the majority target recipients because of the actions of a minority group in the game. Again. That these folks are seemingly never caught or punished for their actions, and they are given the chance to do it again and again is very disappointing to those of us who have already seen it happen many times.

Thank you, Cryptic, for the thought. And for the nice game I generally like playing most of the time.

PS Why doesn't the Redeem Code feature ever work for me? I don't even get a dropdown menu for clicking on the ARC logo at the top left, and no Redeem Code link to even check out that the code is expired. I wouldn't even been able to try to redeem it if it was working. Why does it work for some and not for others?
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got email. Yesterday. Guess I was not that fast
    edited April 2015
    lwyphan wrote: »
    +1

Any income you are concerned about losing by getting rid of these idiots will be more than made up by those of us who appreciate having our loyalty rewarded.

Every mmo I've ever played has been plagued with morons who just can't be decent. Is this something the devs might have missed? Probably. But here's the bottom line, just play the freakin game. I know the difference between right and wrong. If you don't, then, well you shouldn't be playing here. Just because you can take advantage of something / someone doesn't mean you should. The devs shouldn't HAVE TO babysit all these idiots. Imagine all the game could have or would be if they didn't have to waste resources making sure some d-bag doesn't try to capitalize on a free gift.

Unfortunately this makes too much sense and therefore probably won't happen. :(

The reoccurring theme I've seen in my time with Neverwinter (and this thread is a perfect example of that), is that the people that are for a strict punishment or ban of guilty players, are players with some sort of founder title under their username, while the few players that are saying "Let this be. It's not our fault we can't tell right from wrong." don't.

Now I'm not saying that all players that are not founders, are guilty or are not decent. Obviously lwyphan, doesn't appear to be a founder, but is for it. I'm simply just trying to point out that people that clearly support the game financially are for some punishment or ban, while only those that don't support the game are apposed. Coincidence, I think not. The majority of those that don't have any money invested in Neverwinter are obviously not going to be as invested in seeing this game thrive as those that are financially supporting this game.

Not sure why it is so difficult for Cryptic to see this and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has been going on for far too long and has happened repeatedly...far too often for my taste! Either Cryptic does something about it or they will eventually be swimming in nothing but <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, with all of the decent people that support this game having moved on!

If I didn't care about Neverwinter, I wouldn't even be wasting my time *****ing about this and would have just loaded up one of the other many MMO competitors currently available. It's because I care about this game that I feel the need to be vocal!

Enough is enough Cryptic! It's a buyer's market for MMOs right now, so keep that in mind.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Right thing was done in stopping the exploits. However the accounts that haven't benefitted and existed prior to launch should still get something. Surely it can't be that hard to implement. I look forward to hearing more, as I was also disappointed to see the code expire before I could use it.
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Epic/Mythic level of GREED from some of the community members here gives way to enlighten all as to the infinite limits of their need to consume everything in their path. I've never seen greed to a scale of this magnitude in other communities as I have with the Auction House busting types that permeate this game.

Seems like they are trying to make GREED a new Element. It's almost like a Single Player game with 100's of others playing it like a Single Player game sometimes. Very pathetic.
  • acidbart2012acidbart2012 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

First off, just as another person who posted on this issue said, I'd like to thank the devs for their heartfelt attempt to give us something. It shouldn't matter what we had been given, the amount, or how valuable. These devs took time (away from their families) to build a reward for simply playing the game. Being an older gamer you could say I've been around the block of mmorpg's and have taken something positive away from almost everyone I've played. I've done ridiculous things from spending a whole tax return on the in game shop to donating to old ultima online free to play servers to keep my house from ever decaying, but when horrible selfishness rears it's ugly head like this I feel obligated to put my two cents (whatever that's worth) in hoping someone, anyone will read this and learn something. That being said I'd like to think that most of us here are adults or at least legal in the eyes of the law. As adults, in the year 2015 it's not inconceivable to believe that most of us know using an exploit is wrong! You can justify it how ever you want but the bottom line is it's wrong. If you exploited your rules at your job and were caught you would lose your job, or worse. I truly hope these offenders are delt with quickly and severely. To not do so just breeds more problems in the future. You can't blame the devs for this! Just because an exploit is possible doesn't mean it's open season to do it! I could take a gun and go rob my local liquor store but that doesn't mean I should or that there won't be a price to pay after. Perma-ban is the only real way to fix this problem. So I hope those A. Diamonds were worth it guys. You better hope someone like myself isn't in charge of making this right. Do the right thing here people, be adults, play the game because it's fun.
  • araflinaraflin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Solutions appear easy.

Delete all intended items - thus removing them from game and punishing those who bought them in good faith from AH. Again, rewarding the scammers, gold farmers, and exploiters.

Roll back. All exploiters do not gain, all exploited buyers do not loose - well, do not loose more than anyone else who put time in over a weekend playing.

I'd go for the second option. Everyone looses a bit, the folks who exploited your obvious loophole get nothing, everyone is grumpy for a while but maybe you learned something. ;)

Just my 2p.. I probably won't read the comments 'cos usually it's obnoxious flames.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    luks707 wrote: »
    Right thing was done in stopping the exploits. However the accounts that haven't benefitted and existed prior to launch should still get something. Surely it can't be that hard to implement. I look forward to hearing more, as I was also disappointed to see the code expire before I could use it.

Sadly, I received the code just today :( Cryptic style giveaway.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • newsongwingsnewsongwings Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree that people who abuse the system should be banned from playing. I miss out on an item because other abuse the system. The truth is someone is always going to try to abuse the system. To keep people from trying or doing so, is to create a set of rules and abide by them when people abuse the system. Ban them, not allowed to play the game for 3 months to a year. Something to make people to think twice.
  • mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lwyphan wrote: »
    +1

so you are saying, we should perm,ban player, who did this, the question is then, how many that exploited it, did someone do it over 100 times? or what, and no perm ban is not a solution, i say maybe warn them, most of them are probably legit player, who didn't Think about the consequences,
This discussion has been closed.