What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• Options
    davebickdavebick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First: Thanks for the sentiment. It's great you try to reward your players. That is certainly appreciated.

Second: Why did not a single person on your team think "We should make these bind to account..." Seems like really basic knowledge based on previous incidents like this. This was a simple one. You guys should be better than this type of mistake.

Glad I got my email and it was already disabled. Good job.
  • Options
    raindrosraindros Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would like to thank Neverwinter/Arc for the thought behind the award. It is very sad that some people out there would want to exploit games like this. Hope to see this issue resolved soon.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Was pleasently surprised opening that e-mail with a free gift code had a nice warm fuzzy feeling that maybe Cryptic cares about players. Then oh well business as usual the code they gave is expired on April 18 yet the e-mail says its good until May 1 . So come on cryptic feed your hamsters once and awhile so they can code right once in awhile.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hrm... I was going to redownload the game to redeem the code and give the new class a whirl. However, if you can't handle a promotion as simple as this I am not sure I care to bother.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    jman75nhjman75nh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really think U should just send it to ingame emails instead so it goes directly to players thru thier inbox... and make it bound to them so they cant trade it.. simple solution, that way if they're not an active user and they dont check thier inbox they'll miss out ..and also make it an level 60 plus item, that just makes more sense
  • Options
    olbanolban Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People keep saying to make it bind on pickup or bind to account....bit short sighted really. I mean I personally already have the 2 elemental archon companions i want so you're gonna give me another one bound i can do nothing with? yea that would be appreciated...>.> just needs to be only possible to get 1. so what if people sell it there isn't a problem with that any more than there is getting a nice drop in a dungeon and selling that.

someone said something like excluding accounts made in the last 24 hours, sounds like a good idea to me. i mean even if they aren't exploiters isn't the promo meant to show appreciation for the loyal players. new players can't be classified as loyal anyway so it still works. :)
    We have no form, therefore we fear it,
    and because we are formless, we revere it.
    Thus we are slain.
  • Options
    rich776rich776 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yu know it would have been nie if you fix the problems n the game like lag and put regen back in the game and stop making us get injured so easly a lot of people have left the game and I have been devoted to this game since the beging and every time I lost something like zen a vorpal or hter thing or like now with this cog going on I can't even upgrade the cocgs becaue I have to use a lot of astrals to buy green ardw and all the stuff should not be bound to a ccount people have a right in th game to seel stuff on the auction to to get better stuf that is hat this game has always been is wanting to play as a single player or with a team and now the pryers are messed up now were before at lesst ypu got astrals for prayers but now everything is so hared a lot of people just are not having much fun the new maps are great but fighting the dragons now is so hard a lot of people are just staying in certain zones to play and when you hit 70 it is harder to get the boones than before when we were 60 if you want to do us a favor this is my opinion as a player in the game ask us what we all want in the game go to the live side ask us questions and wee will give you are feed back to make the game better for us to play
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    olban wrote: »
    People keep saying to make it bind on pickup or bind to account....bit short sighted really. I mean I personally already have the 2 elemental archon companions i want so you're gonna give me another one bound i can do nothing with? yea that would be appreciated...>.> just needs to be only possible to get 1. so what if people sell it there isn't a problem with that any more than there is getting a nice drop in a dungeon and selling that.

someone said something like excluding accounts made in the last 24 hours, sounds like a good idea to me. i mean even if they aren't exploiters isn't the promo meant to show appreciation for the loyal players. new players can't be classified as loyal anyway so it still works. :)

It was meant as a thank you, to, well, YOU! Not to some other 3rd party you wanted to sell it to. If you don't want it, then don't redeem it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make it bind to account, and the item inside is bound to character
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    sharkbennysharkbenny Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i am disappointed too! Now you get to known the problem with the Gold Sellers!
    But the normal Users get nothing, Thanks!
  • Options
    olbanolban Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It was meant as a thank you, to, well, YOU! Not to some other 3rd party you wanted to sell it to. If you don't want it, then don't redeem it.

how would giving someone something they could make a relatively small profit from be construed as anything but a thankyou? we're not talking millions of AD here like an exploiter. If you receive a gift you don't want irl do you just send it back to the person who gave it to you telling them you don't want it? is it in some way morally wrong to return the gift to the store and exchange it for something you can use/ want? personally i work in a shop and think your argument is just silly... it's kinda like the difference from the batty aunt who gives you ugly sweaters for xmas and the uncle who gives you gift cards, we both know who knows us better and is more in touch with our preferences.
    We have no form, therefore we fear it,
    and because we are formless, we revere it.
    Thus we are slain.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bind the items to the account. If people don't want the item and can't sell it,
    clearly they've missed out on nothing. Cryptic is neither God nor Santa.
    It's a game and they need to do whatever makes the least mess.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, log into your own game, go to PE and then have a good long hard look at the Zone chat...
    Do you see the goldseller spam every minute popping up?
    And do you realise that those bots use new accounts for every spam round?
    I mean, just take a LOOK!

There is a certain bot, sending two messages in a short row, and the first one starts with "trade"... do you know what that means?
    It means, that this one has a mistake in it's spam macro, which gives you a moment time to report it and to not see the second message, before it logs out that account and returns with a new one...
    They don't even bother with checking their macros, or even changing them, since they know, that the spam will go through anyway - and this is going on for months now.

About this code. I saw it on Steam first, used it and it was still working.
    So, thank you for the gift.

But as other allread stated, you should have seen this one comming right from the start, and with the goldseller bots problem in front of you... how about account bound, and redeemable on every character instead for the next round?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This sounds like a "WHOOPS!" somebody made with the companion not set as Bind to Account. Mistakes happen. There are humans here - mostly. (Maybe some are elves and halflings. I don't really see an Orc as a programmer. Who knows?)

Point is - a mistake was made, and they are trying to make it better. Thank you Cryptic.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When I received the code today. I was so happy. It was the first one I have ever got. However, it would be a bummer not to get it. I really would appreciate it if we were given the item.
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what are the contents of the goodies?
  • Options
    silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Making it bound to Char would be great however the problem becomes if you already have that companion you can not put another one on. To solve this issue why don't you put something into the zen market where we can either unbind something completely or to just bind it to the account. That way if people wanted to sell something they would have to spend the zen to do so.

I would also like to say thank you for trying to do something nice and that this would have been the best promo code up to date.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • Options
    dweldalierdweldalier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    FYI. I didn't get the email you sent out until 4/18/2015 at 6:12 PM.

And my comment on the oops....

Didn't we learn from the CATastrophe issue?....guess not...

(Yes i've been playing since beta and still getting frustrated by the mistakes, and major and minor explits people contiinue to do).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Basically, they disabled the code. Whether or not some *other* code, with corrected items, will be issued is unknown...
  • Options
    firstplayafirstplaya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I can understand, and appreciate, the thought that went into this gift for the community...

But, wow... just wow...

Yet another bugged and exploitable issue released...

Considering that this has become a F2P game and your team was gracious enough to give us all a Free PAID item as a intro to a new expansion is beyond cool and very rare thing these days. Seeing this happen yet again to another wonderful MMO is just a sad thing. You try to give a hand they want they whole arm...such greed...anyways, as a customer who has spent money on this game with NO regrets I'd like to say thanks for the try to do a awesome deed, and sorry for the 10% out there that are out to exploit any and all. I got my email, but never used it and even if we never do, the thought is counted here. Thanks again. Many cheers to the team.
  • Options
    drac0nisw0lfdrac0nisw0lf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just got email and seen I was supposed to head here. Thank you, but it was already disabled. I patiently await whatever you come up with to fix it, and I've faith in you. Just my personal thoughts, some of us 'fans' can be just downright mean, and greedy. C'mon guys, lighten up, will ya? Be accountable, and respectable. This is a gift to all of us.
    Kaly-<Wolves of Faerûn>-Level-70 Sylvan Elf-Hunter/Ranger-Stormwarden DPS Archer
    Urg The Barbarian-<Wolves of Faerûn>-Level 63 Half Orc-Great Weapon Fighter-Swordmaster
    The Weed Man-<420 Club>-Level 70 Sun Elf-Control Wizard-Master of Flame
    Bloodbeard Everguard-<420 Club> -Level 70 Dwarf-Guardian Fighter-
    Ninja-<Order of the Silent Shroud>-Level 70 Half Orc-Trickster Rogue-
    Malachi-<420 Club>-Level 60 Tiefling-Scourge Warlock-
    Daniel Lightheart-<Disciples of the Gods>-Level 60 Half-Elf-Oathbound Paladin-
    Lolthlorien-<420 Club>-Level 66 Drow-Devoted Cleric-
    Jesus Christ-<GOD>-Level 67 Human-Devoted Cleric-
    Drac0- <Orda Na Anord>- Level 20 Dragonborn- Great Weapon Fighter

• Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never got a chance to use it. What a shame.
  • Options
    tlarsethtlarseth Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Easy fix would be to bind it to account, problem solved with an easy fix.
  • Options
    hitmanchuhitmanchu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.
    I just opened my Email and found it locked again I miss out because of fools getting greedy
  • Options
    vimyrosevimyrose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Speaking as someone in the marketing industry, this sort of thing happens quite frequently. Take your time, get it right, and thanks for the honesty.
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I decline to install ARC (or Uplay, or Origin, or Glyph, or any other publisher-specific bloatware...), so this "gift" was worthless to me.

Until ARC is not a requirement, "thanks, but no thanks."
This discussion has been closed.