A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    perfectni123perfectni123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Today at 1hour in night I get email with code and allready expided .. well Ok I wonder if I can get that gift or I should only delete that email?
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From a developers perspective, there is something i simply dont understand: how could this happen more than twice? Usually, after you twice made the same mistake, you'd change the way those things get implemented.

The pretty simple solution is to give those guyes creating the promo-email a GUI that actively enforces (by preselected checkbox etc.) someone to change default behaviour. You want promo-items bound to account? Well, have that preselected as a flag in the promo-guys GUI.

Talking 'bout flags, your overall approach to item-lists has flaws.

Currently there are non-free items bind on pickup, bind on equip or prebound which will be bound to character or bound to account. This has serious drawbacks for 'normal players', because you'll often times end up with the same items in multiple stacks. Why not construct item stacks with more than just the size integer?

Think of:

instead this…

{
    ITEM-ID; // for example: refine_peridot_unbound
    STACKSIZE; // number of items
    }

… make it …

{
    ITEM-ID; // refine_peridot
    STACKSIZE_UNBOUND; // number of items without bound
    STACKSIZE_BOA; // number of items bound on account
    STACKSIZE_BOC; // number of items bound on char
    /* ... */
    }

… and so on. Its pretty simple. Of course, you'll have to update the dialog for stack-splitting and the mouse-hover-tooltip, but as you already have implemented common-gui-elements, this is rather simple. For use, just use the first item that fits in that order: BOC, BOA, UNBOUND. The only prerequisite doing this is having all items flagged with their bounding state and type instead of having items with different binding type different IDs.
  • Options
    kuroisekikuroiseki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From the comments I've read so far, it seems everyone's blaming the developers or whatever instead of blaming the exploiters! :/

Yeah, the developers made some muck ups and such, but ffs, they're only human!!

Anyways, hope you guys can fix this up. Was looking forward to that companion when I saw it was deactivated.
  • Options
    miller128976miller128976 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow trying to make up for mod 6 with a free gift nice try but no thanks
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.
  • Options
    rocknroguerocknrogue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

Code should be uniq for all players. or why dont you send to all players in game e-mails.
  • Options
    ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I could redeem the code, but i did not get any companion (and, well, i need some companions XD) it is weird because i received two chests, and when opening one, i am sure there were four companions, but i do not know where did they go D:
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem. If it was disabled due to exploiters, I'd like a GM to confirm this please.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    Solution: ->
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its official. Its been posted by neverwinter team on facebook and we have a news post about it. Why do you need a GM to confirm whats already been said?

I'm hoping they fix this, I was disapointed this morning when I tried to claim it and couldnt and then to see the post about it being exploited. In all fairness, the blame again lies with the PW team who didn't think that making these items non-bound would be better, hence allowing people to exploit it x_x. If they could just bind them, problem solved.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No Arc, no problem :P
  • Options
    kfraser1981kfraser1981 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never got an email either is there something i need to do to get one?
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ppG1Zx.jpg

wtf???help here?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope if they decide on re-releasing the code with bound rewards this time, those will be BoA items, not BoP.
  • Options
    celebrosthalioncelebrosthalion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems as though there are always the few that take all they can get with little regard to others
  • Options
    ardaingealardaingeal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why not rather tell us that we have been awarded a gift and it's waiting at the Rewards Agent instead of issuing a redeemable code? That way you've already limited it to players with active accounts and rendered creating new accounts to redeem a code pointless.
  • Options
    miltonptmiltonpt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why dont send direct to the caracter email but Account bound.
  • Options
    sollanesollane Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ardaingeal wrote: »
    Why not rather tell us that we have been awarded a gift and it's waiting at the Rewards Agent instead of issuing a redeemable code? That way you've already limited it to players with active accounts and rendered creating new accounts to redeem a code pointless.

One very sensible suggestion above, by Ardaingeal.
    Why not make it bind on account.
    Also as already mentioned earlier in the tread send the notification by ingame mail.

I did receive the email yesterday but didnt see it until today when I first found out about the issues via your facebook & twiter updates. So i have an email & code I cannot use.
  • Options
    phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for trying to reward the players and make things more interesting! Very much appreciated. Looking forward to how you solve this! =}

It just stinks that the real players,.. are now likely at a disadvantage to those that were able to redeem / exploit the code,.... ={

Anyway,.. thanks again,....
  • Options
    cornflakes2014cornflakes2014 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely looking into the discussions from the community and are looking for ways to remedy it.

Just make everything bound to account.
  • Options
    ponskuumponskuum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Too bad people only look to what can make them money. Hope there is a way to find them all and ban them from the game. and anyone stupid enough to buy a free item for cash.
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Make the items bind to account.

Not to sound ungrateful, but ever since the radiant stone fiasco, I'm surprised you guys don't have a huge sign in the office that says "All promo items must be bound to character or account!".

Indeed.

When I received the email (04/18/2015 14:14 PST), I immediately went to claim it....actually excited that I was finally getting something from this game that wasn't through hours, and hours of relentless grinding, or my own cold hard cash. Of course that excitement was immediately crushed when I went to claim the reward and received the message that the reward had expired. It must have been fairly early in the reward cycle, as no one in Legit seemed to know what I was talking about.

Honestly my thoughts at this point were "oh well they screwed another one up". Now though I find the error was even more egregious and another exploit found its way in game. So I and everyone else who puts their own money into this game, essentially finding it, just payed for a nice gift that exploiters received but we get nothing.
  • Options
    ktosislavktosislav Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Today I woke up and checked my email. I saw one about Neverwinter, which i received at 1 a.m. "Wow, code for free companion/artifact/whatever drops from it! Thanks, Cryptic!" was what i thought. Then, I tried to redeem it. Aaaaaand it expired when I was asleep. Thaaaaaaanks.
  • Options
    puretiiapuretiia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since I only go the email about an hour ago and didn't have the chance to redeem it before it was disabled, I look forward to you fixing it quickly.

same dude...i think is a joke....dont understand!!!!!!
  • Options
    hokarzhokarz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    never got the email, so guess didn't miss much. undoubtedly the fix will be pushed right out and will only cost the players a few thousand 'zen'.
  • Options
    greyangel13greyangel13 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for the update :) and all you do.
  • Options
    bathsheababathsheaba Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I received no email...
  • Options
    kaiasakaiasa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Just great I only find out about this code today and it no longer works, I hate exploiters. This whole piece of news has ruined what was a nice discovery and turned it into nothing but a big tease.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree that it would probably be best to bind them. Either bound to character ((Box and items)) and claimable on each character or if that's too much, bound to account for both the box and items inside, and given on one character.

Also, on a somewhat related note, these troves would be a perfect reward for the Epic Heroic Encounter dailies. A high chance at one at least.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
This discussion has been closed.