What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the code a little earlier today and just got home to find it disabled. I do appreciate the thought of the gift and a thank you to your players. It's too bad some jerks had to ruin it for the rest of us again. I really wish those accounts that do this stuff over and over would see some serious discipline.
  • Options
    fugue88fugue88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Always nice when a game recognizes it's dedicated players. Hope to see it fixed soon. Never fails that stupid people ruin it for everybody.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the next gift run, please make the loot account bound, and something for every character on that account, like those mage companions for example. Anyone that spend time or money on character slots, would receive the gift for every character.
    And if there were something in the loot you allready have on that character, you could give it to another character through the shared bank.

There would be no reason to try to exploit that code, since you wouldn't be able to sell the loot anyway.

And please do have a look into the goldseller spam, and please consider giving us a editable spam filter, so that we can update the filter on our own, and messages that would fall into those rule sets, wouldn't be display in the client chat at all.

Thank you.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    jolt007jolt007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So which is worse? Allowing the code to go through or yanking it away after we get all excited about it? Maybe more players were redeeming the code because people had more than one character? If someone was selling the code or spamming it, I realize that is ridiculous and can't be tolerated, but yanking it away like this is bad form also. I hope you get a good fix for this soon. Of course, we all need to realize this was a freebie that none of us had in the first place, so we didn't really "lose" anything. The best "freebie" is the game itself, although I have more than paid my share of zen over the past year. All in all, the game is worth it, even with the occasional crashes and frustrating lag times, it is the BEST game of its kind out there. Thanks to ALL the developers, story writers, artists, etc. involve for making such an addicting game. If we didn't love this game so much, none of this would matter. Long live Floyd & Mikki!
  • Options
    excavator12excavator12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prior to mod6 I played this for hours every day. I haven't played for a few days now because most of the quests I was on I can't progress on going solo. That gift pack was the only reason I was even coming back in...
  • Options
    drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will mourn is the first time they give away something from the Beta worth, nor what happened when the astral cat XD and not get the pet ....
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can only say I am very.... angered, and saddened by this turn of events. Not anything that Cryptic/PWE has done, but by the horrible people that exploited and abused a gift meant to honor dedicated Neverwinter fans. I actually check for emails every day from Neverwinter. You never know when a promo will be coming and, in the past, I have been over joyed when one shows up.

Today I saw the email on my phone and was so excited to get home from work and enter my code.
    Its little things like this from game companies that make you feel special, that make you feel like your little contributions make a difference and that in some small way the pittance you have voluntarily given to the game you love means something. It really makes me sad that people exploited it and ruined it for us good ToS abiding folk.

Thank you Cryptic/PWE the gesture is well loved. Thanks for letting us know you care :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    hochstepanzerhochstepanzer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    buckem420 wrote: »
    To say that it was a disappointment going to redeem the code and seeing it was disabled (I received it 2 hours ago) would be an understatement.

Yes, very disappointed also, as I was unable to redeem the code either before it's disablement.
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    Stuff like this is why I don't play the game anymore. It's like the dev team looks for ways to introduce exploits/bugs into the game... Only to frustrate players.

As a result of someone incompetence, players will receive bans for exploiting and those who bought said items will lose them(putting a bad taste in their mouths). And that's if they can track down the transfers of said items. I know players who received temp ban(suspensions) and the stones never removed from the other players who received the stones. Heck my old guild still has some Stones in their bank from the one time they became BOE.

So after not playing for a while I get this email to claim some stuff via a "CODE" and this is the welcome I receive. Guess I'll be leaving the game all dusty for a while longer.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A start could be to remove those "exploited" boxes from the auctionhouse, and also remove any Astral Diamonds "earned" through this gift.
    After the clean up, issue a new code with the suggestion mentioned above.
    A box for every character on an account, and the loot should either be character or account bound.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    For the next gift run, please make the loot account bound, and something for every character on that account, like those mage companions for example. Anyone that spend time or money on character slots, would receive the gift for every character.
    And if there were something in the loot you allready have on that character, you could give it to another character through the shared bank.

There would be no reason to try to exploit that code, since you wouldn't be able to sell the loot anyway.

And please do have a look into the goldseller spam, and please consider giving us a editable spam filter, so that we can update the filter on our own, and messages that would fall into those rule sets, wouldn't be display in the client chat at all.

Thank you.

The thing is.... It was suppose to be account bound, but due to crappy coding..... it wasn't and that is how it became exploitable. This kinda stuff is a repeat occurrence in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mortitiapmortitiap Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

Thank you for rewarding players :) it really helps :)
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Did anyone else get a promo email from PW today with an elemental gift code ? Supposedly you get a Trove of Elemental Evil, but when I enter the code in Arc it says the code already expired.

I'm sure it's a legit PW email, I double checked the mail header.
  • Options
    wade79wade79 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    getting the same message
  • Options
    chossachchossach Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yep me 2....... hope they will fix it soon. i'm sure my new dc could use him.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?898361-Neverwinter-Update-Trove-of-Elemental-Evil-Email-Code

why did they also gave it to new players? make it BoA. and only give it to players who signed it 60 months ago.
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I understand the feeling of being bummed and we are taking note of the sentiment from this giveaway. As an FYI, we are also taking actions to ensure that promotions like these do not run into the same issues as before. Appreciate the patience.

you should just make a new code, that can work for everyone, but this time, the items is bound,
  • Options
    npcvillagernpcvillager Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why was it seemingly sent to majority of exploiters before so many who just wanted it for fun? Did you take/delete the items? Or are these small batches of items that they got going to go up in value as now they are the only ones with them? I'd say either fix it or just let it flow.. hell let people have multiples then there wont be a value at the moment.
  • Options
    skrimshaw72skrimshaw72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just ran into the exact same problem. Claim before May 1, 2015; email is only a couple hours old. Error message tells me it's already expired.
  • Options
    tomiri2525tomiri2525 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They have a perfectly good system they already send stuff like this out on it is called the in game mail also the gifts vendor why even bother with a code simply make it boa and one of a kind then put it in either of the two places you have until may 1st to claim it for your account if you did not log in to claim it you don't get it. And since they are one of a kind if you already redeemed it you don't get it endlessly.
  • Options
    porchearaintreeporchearaintree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tomiri2525 wrote: »
    They have a perfectly good system they already send stuff like this out on it is called the in game mail also the gifts vendor why even bother with a code simply make it boa and one of a kind then put it in either of the two places you have until may 1st to claim it for your account if you did not log in to claim it you don't get it. And since they are one of a kind if you already redeemed it you don't get it endlessly.

Probably did it this way to force a download on ARC which I could access perfectly well through a search engine.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Horrifying to see, they have not learn from the Stone of Radiance's fiasco! This is unacceptable. First time fine you did not know but what is the excuse this time? All though it was caught faster then the previous one, just the fact that it was introduce a second time shows the players that Caturday, Nightmare Tuesday, Astral Riftoff are all bound to happen again. Cryptic is unable to learn from their mistake.
  • Options
    galivantorgalivantor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This has happened to many to many times to count. I get a code and it is already met its maximum. I have complained to no avail. I like this game and even spend money from time to time. I am glad they saw a issue and tried to fix it. Yet once again items i do not get and title that will not be available. I just wish that they cared about people who take time to write a support ticket but alas they cater to the masses and let lone individuals wither away.
    D.A. Milliken aka galivantor
  • Options
    dabigmek2dabigmek2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the link.

Why is it always the scammers and low-life's that ruin things for everyone else?
  • Options
    erynloreerynlore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aspen1979 wrote: »
    Once again I feel like your mess up has screwed its loyal players, yet again.
    From items that were told were exclusive to items that drop in price drastically over a few months.

Hindsight is 20 20 but you really should have learned from your past mistake.

Feeling bummed.... :(

I don't think it was so much that they 'messed up' more the lack of integrity shown by those that exploited the offer. I, too, was looking forward to the offer, but due to a muck-up, we miss out. I just wish there were a way to penalize those that exploited the offer and reward the loyal and honest players. But I know that is just a fairy tale and wont happen, once again we are left in the lurch. Well done, good job all!!!:( And the AH will be flooded with the ill-gotten gains of those who have not integrity.

Also, it may help you guys to read the comments from some of the players, they/we are an unhappy bunch atm, this just gives us more reason to move away from NW to, hopefully, a better run game.
  • Options
    thornigarthornigar Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was logging back in just to see what cool stuff I'd been given :( was upset to see my code already defunct way before the may 1st deadline.
This discussion has been closed.