test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at Neverwinter Sign after the patch (CAN'T LOGIN)

Comments

• Options
    dagerm0420dagerm0420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I couldnt get the game working for 2 hours and when I finally did it worked for about 30 mins, leading me to believe everything was all good so I went ahead and spent 20 bucks on zen. Not more than 20 seconds after I was kicked out of the game and cannot log back in. WONDERFUL. More than half the bug forum is about this specific problem and we still havent gotten any word from cryptic that something is being done about this. If they do not know about this issue by now then they are literally not reading their own forums.
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i had the same problem and after trying several times but windows says gameclient.exe not responding.
    so in desperation i logged in and left it sitting at the neverwinter splash screen,without alt-tabbing out or anything and 5 minutes later it suddenly went on to the charactor selection screen and i was able to play normally .
    after that i logged in and out and back in and every loggin was normal.
    seems to be something the game is doing the first time you log in after the update like checking graphics or something that makes it look like the game is stuck,
    and windows thinks it is not responding but does eventually continue to loggin normally if you wait .
  • Options
    ggedamedggedamed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems that there are several problems:
    1. the login problem - the devs said they solved it
    2. the "aplication is not responding" problem where the game client is apparently stuck at the "material files reloaded" screen - there are several reports of succes (including mine) simply by logging in and leaving a looong time at the said screen; eventually it will load and then it will work normally. Just try it, you have nothing to lose. Log in, then go shopping or whatever.
    3. connection problems - these seem to be on the server side and there's not much we can do
  • Options
    pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The load screen is bcs of graphic issue.

We need devs to fix it
  • Options
    radfrogradfrog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After becoming extremely frustrated with all the lag, bugs and performance issues with mod 6 (low fps, sound glitches, etc) I decided to completely remove Neverwinter from my computer and then download it again. It finished downloading, and when I hit the Play button, it passes the cryptic loading screen but once it hits the Neverwinter loading screen before the character selection screen, it freezes up and stops responding. I've left it there for over 20 minutes and it never responded.

Any help would be appreciated, this is really frustrating as I would like to get back to playing.

If it helps, I am also playing through Steam.
  • Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    radfrog wrote: »
    After becoming extremely frustrated with all the lag, bugs and performance issues with mod 6 (low fps, sound glitches, etc) I decided to completely remove Neverwinter from my computer and then download it again. It finished downloading, and when I hit the Play button, it passes the cryptic loading screen but once it hits the Neverwinter loading screen before the character selection screen, it freezes up and stops responding. I've left it there for over 20 minutes and it never responded.

Any help would be appreciated, this is really frustrating as I would like to get back to playing.

Same here and miss playing!
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options
    rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since nobody doesn't even bother to post any news on the progress, I think nobody is actually working on that problem because nobody even cares about it and therefore it's time to look for another hack and slash game. This one is obviously busted.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This might help,it's a thread from preview answered by Panderus : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?839381-Game-Crashes-on-Ingame-loading-screen
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    aracnomaximaracnomaxim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have had no luck signing in for the past 3 days. It started after the patch they supplied on the 8th. I have dumped and reloaded the game with no change , hopefully they will fix this problem soon.
  • Options
    ganjam13ganjam13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    radfrog wrote: »

I have same problem....
    :(
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ggedamed wrote: »
    It seems that there are several problems:
    1. the login problem - the devs said they solved it
    2. the "aplication is not responding" problem where the game client is apparently stuck at the "material files reloaded" screen - there are several reports of succes (including mine) simply by logging in and leaving a looong time at the said screen; eventually it will load and then it will work normally. Just try it, you have nothing to lose. Log in, then go shopping or whatever.
    3. connection problems - these seem to be on the server side and there's not much we can do

if I leave mine it eventually crashes and gives me the cryptic crash box, so thats not working for me
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    drezzat wrote: »
    if I leave mine it eventually crashes and gives me the cryptic crash box, so thats not working for me

Same here.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same problem after the patch as did many others. There fix of trying in safe mode and then trying in normal mode didn't help. Some else said just to let it set there until it loads as it is loading but very slowly. I was lucky enough this worked for me. Took somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. But you can't do anything else. Don't hit any buttons or anything just wait to see if it loads. Hope you get back in the game soon.
  • Options
    chickiepiepuchickiepiepu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any news on when they are going to fix this? :mad: the loading screen bug has been annoying me since launch and now its even worse!
  • Options
    jadenkorr21jadenkorr21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK this is frustrating. Game crashes on the splash screen. just stops. I Deleted everything, then restasrted my comp. Downloaded then restarted, then tried to run again same thing. tried administrator mode, and tried safe mode. nothing works. i have no idea whats going on. any ideas?
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    splash screen? u mean neverwinter load screen?

do this: when it loads, get away from your computer and do something else, it actually loads after 1 to 10 minutes.. i had the same issue 2 days ago

best of luck mate

regards
  • Options
    jadenkorr21jadenkorr21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes the load screen BEFORE char selection. right after the "Cryptic" load screen.
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya ok then follow the instructions of my post, wait at least 10 mins then it will never happen

regards
  • Options
    hallowoakhallowoak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is a complete joke. Four days now and nothing. This has been one of my three games I spend time and money on. This is pretty sad.
  • Options
    kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2015
    You should try and launch the game in safe mode, which can be done in the options at the top right of the game launcher. Just check it and save and try to launch the game. Hope this helps because it worked for me :D
  • Options
    monkuar92monkuar92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    soltasword wrote: »
    I had the same problem after the patch as did many others. There fix of trying in safe mode and then trying in normal mode didn't help. Some else said just to let it set there until it loads as it is loading but very slowly. I was lucky enough this worked for me. Took somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. But you can't do anything else. Don't hit any buttons or anything just wait to see if it loads. Hope you get back in the game soon.

Same issue here. Moved the game from the HDD to SSD, game hangs at loading screen on an SSD for atleast 3 minutes.

DO NOT click on the game screen or anywhere, just alt-tab and let it load is my simple fix. Hopefully the devs find a solution it wasn't like this last patch..
  • Options
    arielenqtarielenqt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    monkuar92 wrote: »
    DO NOT click on the game screen or anywhere, just alt-tab and let it load is my simple fix. Hopefully the devs find a solution it wasn't like this last patch..

This worked for me. Didn't need to mess around with anything else either.

I started it up in windowed safemode and let it load for a couple of minutes and it was done loading and at my character page when I alt-tabbed. Prior to that, if I clicked the window, it would freeze up NeverWinter and I'd have to start over. Loaded up my main in Protector's Enclave then swapped back to normal on full-screen and everything works fine.

I had to reset my graphics settings and resolution since safemode seems to have messed them up but no biggie. GL, guys!
  • Options
    sale0007sale0007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still have that problem, i cant play the game for 4 days now.... really annoying!
    No news from devs? This should be their #1 priority now!

P.S. I left the game like that for ~10 mins and it didnt help like some of you :(
  • Options
    misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sale0007 wrote: »
    I still have that problem, i cant play the game for 4 days now.... really annoying!

P.S. I left the game like that for ~10 mins and it didnt help like some of you :(

I must have been a lucky one, I started in safe mode and never even moved my mouse, walked away and in under 5 minutes it was running, Logged out and now it loads normal. But it did make every thing default setting. Looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    trith1128trith1128 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys make sure you "Force Verify" atleast once. I did on both my computers and it found a couple files in which it re-downloaded. Then make sure you are in FULL SCREEN MODE. Its a check mark under options. Then log in.

I was not able to log in for 2 days.. until I made those two changes and now i can log in over and over :)

Good luck!
    Dr.Real Good : Sun Elf-Annointed Champion :
    Trith : Fury Soulbinder :
  • Options
    liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same issue as well.
  • Options
    estrielestriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Vlkg0B.jpg

M6OPv9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sale0007 wrote: »

Same here, for some it might work and other suggestions users suggest do not help either so not played since Wednesday however hope can fixed for those of us that can't get in.
  • Options
    spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hallowoak wrote: »
    This is a complete joke. Four days now and nothing. This has been one of my three games I spend time and money on. This is pretty sad.

I have been away from the game for a couple of days now, and upon returning 20 minutes into the game I see the old and familiar SERVER NOT RESPONDING

I feel your frustration.
  • Options
    ferrousdogferrousdog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is really getting annoying. I first had the issue with it freezing at the Neverwinter splash screen. I ended up doing as some suggested and touched nothing and let it do its thing. 15 minutes later it finally loaded and I was able to get in and play (although the lag and rubber banding kept me from doing much of anything). Logged in this morning briefly with no issues (aside from continuing lag/rubber banding). Logged off, did some household chores and go to log back in about 2 hours later and now it's stuck at the launcher with a patching message but no actual patching happening. Clicking on the Cancel button makes the button disappear but doesn't launch the game.

Have tried all the suggestions listed about safe mode start up and forced verify and having full screen clicked. Left it alone for 20 minutes in case it was patching. Still doesn't launch. Nothing helps. I have both the old launcher and the Arc launcher and have tried starting the game with both versions. Still nothing beyond the initial launcher with a patching message that actually isn't patching (there's no progress showing like it usually does).
This discussion has been closed.