test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at Neverwinter Sign after the patch (CAN'T LOGIN)

Comments

• drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ggedamed wrote: »
    It seems that there are several problems:
    1. the login problem - the devs said they solved it
    2. the "aplication is not responding" problem where the game client is apparently stuck at the "material files reloaded" screen - there are several reports of succes (including mine) simply by logging in and leaving a looong time at the said screen; eventually it will load and then it will work normally. Just try it, you have nothing to lose. Log in, then go shopping or whatever.
    3. connection problems - these seem to be on the server side and there's not much we can do

if I leave mine it eventually crashes and gives me the cryptic crash box, so thats not working for me
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drezzat wrote: »
    if I leave mine it eventually crashes and gives me the cryptic crash box, so thats not working for me

Same here.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same problem after the patch as did many others. There fix of trying in safe mode and then trying in normal mode didn't help. Some else said just to let it set there until it loads as it is loading but very slowly. I was lucky enough this worked for me. Took somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. But you can't do anything else. Don't hit any buttons or anything just wait to see if it loads. Hope you get back in the game soon.
  • chickiepiepuchickiepiepu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any news on when they are going to fix this? :mad: the loading screen bug has been annoying me since launch and now its even worse!
  • jadenkorr21jadenkorr21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK this is frustrating. Game crashes on the splash screen. just stops. I Deleted everything, then restasrted my comp. Downloaded then restarted, then tried to run again same thing. tried administrator mode, and tried safe mode. nothing works. i have no idea whats going on. any ideas?
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    splash screen? u mean neverwinter load screen?

do this: when it loads, get away from your computer and do something else, it actually loads after 1 to 10 minutes.. i had the same issue 2 days ago

best of luck mate

regards
  • jadenkorr21jadenkorr21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes the load screen BEFORE char selection. right after the "Cryptic" load screen.
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya ok then follow the instructions of my post, wait at least 10 mins then it will never happen

regards
  • hallowoakhallowoak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is a complete joke. Four days now and nothing. This has been one of my three games I spend time and money on. This is pretty sad.
  • kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2015
    You should try and launch the game in safe mode, which can be done in the options at the top right of the game launcher. Just check it and save and try to launch the game. Hope this helps because it worked for me :D
  • monkuar92monkuar92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    soltasword wrote: »
    I had the same problem after the patch as did many others. There fix of trying in safe mode and then trying in normal mode didn't help. Some else said just to let it set there until it loads as it is loading but very slowly. I was lucky enough this worked for me. Took somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes. But you can't do anything else. Don't hit any buttons or anything just wait to see if it loads. Hope you get back in the game soon.

Same issue here. Moved the game from the HDD to SSD, game hangs at loading screen on an SSD for atleast 3 minutes.

DO NOT click on the game screen or anywhere, just alt-tab and let it load is my simple fix. Hopefully the devs find a solution it wasn't like this last patch..
  • arielenqtarielenqt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    monkuar92 wrote: »
    DO NOT click on the game screen or anywhere, just alt-tab and let it load is my simple fix. Hopefully the devs find a solution it wasn't like this last patch..

This worked for me. Didn't need to mess around with anything else either.

I started it up in windowed safemode and let it load for a couple of minutes and it was done loading and at my character page when I alt-tabbed. Prior to that, if I clicked the window, it would freeze up NeverWinter and I'd have to start over. Loaded up my main in Protector's Enclave then swapped back to normal on full-screen and everything works fine.

I had to reset my graphics settings and resolution since safemode seems to have messed them up but no biggie. GL, guys!
  • sale0007sale0007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still have that problem, i cant play the game for 4 days now.... really annoying!
    No news from devs? This should be their #1 priority now!

P.S. I left the game like that for ~10 mins and it didnt help like some of you :(
  • misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sale0007 wrote: »
    I still have that problem, i cant play the game for 4 days now.... really annoying!

P.S. I left the game like that for ~10 mins and it didnt help like some of you :(

I must have been a lucky one, I started in safe mode and never even moved my mouse, walked away and in under 5 minutes it was running, Logged out and now it loads normal. But it did make every thing default setting. Looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • trith1128trith1128 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys make sure you "Force Verify" atleast once. I did on both my computers and it found a couple files in which it re-downloaded. Then make sure you are in FULL SCREEN MODE. Its a check mark under options. Then log in.

I was not able to log in for 2 days.. until I made those two changes and now i can log in over and over :)

Good luck!
    Dr.Real Good : Sun Elf-Annointed Champion :
    Trith : Fury Soulbinder :
  • liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same issue as well.
  • estrielestriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Vlkg0B.jpg

M6OPv9.jpg
    edited April 2015
    sale0007 wrote: »

Same here, for some it might work and other suggestions users suggest do not help either so not played since Wednesday however hope can fixed for those of us that can't get in.
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hallowoak wrote: »
    This is a complete joke. Four days now and nothing. This has been one of my three games I spend time and money on. This is pretty sad.

I have been away from the game for a couple of days now, and upon returning 20 minutes into the game I see the old and familiar SERVER NOT RESPONDING

I feel your frustration.
  • ferrousdogferrousdog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is really getting annoying. I first had the issue with it freezing at the Neverwinter splash screen. I ended up doing as some suggested and touched nothing and let it do its thing. 15 minutes later it finally loaded and I was able to get in and play (although the lag and rubber banding kept me from doing much of anything). Logged in this morning briefly with no issues (aside from continuing lag/rubber banding). Logged off, did some household chores and go to log back in about 2 hours later and now it's stuck at the launcher with a patching message but no actual patching happening. Clicking on the Cancel button makes the button disappear but doesn't launch the game.

Have tried all the suggestions listed about safe mode start up and forced verify and having full screen clicked. Left it alone for 20 minutes in case it was patching. Still doesn't launch. Nothing helps. I have both the old launcher and the Arc launcher and have tried starting the game with both versions. Still nothing beyond the initial launcher with a patching message that actually isn't patching (there's no progress showing like it usually does).
  • qweriss258qweriss258 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem three days, and before that it was normal to me now I'm stuck on while loading or character does not show it to me. I wonder what the team is when someone or repairs.
  • rammurrammur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited April 2015
    Hang in there? its been 4 **** days and still no fix what gives ime able to get into the game but i have to wait like 1--15 minutes in the screen lol gettin old started after the patch so something really goofy on the game side.
  • eevvaaaeevvaaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same. ****. Problem. i buy $10 of tokens cause i've been enjoying the game, install the elemental evil patch, BAM now i cant even play.
  • catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thats why its 'elemental evil' ... lol.

---

Game not working for me either.... stuck at loading screen.
  • rourevellrourevell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My game was running perfectly before the last patch. My PC is running all the other software including few games with no problems at all. The DirectX problem when i try to start the game. Cryptic problem, may be? 4 days and no word from Cryptic.
  • lorya79lorya79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hi all :) i had the same problem till today and,like most of u, i tried everything from reinstalling the game a few times,starting from arc or from exe,drivers reinstall, even windows downgraded from 8.1 to 1. yesterday i had no hope anymore to be able to play. today i read again here annd i found a usefull post. i think is the only way to fix it. start the game and let him work.be patient.do not click with mouse . just wait and when u r in game first change most of the sttings to minimum. it worked for me :) wish u luck all :)
    P.S. it worked for me on the second try. just played till now a few hours. i've exit the game and tried again to play. it opened witout problems like before the patch.
    edited April 2015
    lorya79 wrote: »
    hi all :) i had the same problem till today and,like most of u, i tried everything from reinstalling the game a few times,starting from arc or from exe,drivers reinstall, even windows downgraded from 8.1 to 1. yesterday i had no hope anymore to be able to play. today i read again here annd i found a usefull post. i think is the only way to fix it. start the game and let him work.be patient.do not click with mouse . just wait and when u r in game first change most of the sttings to minimum. it worked for me :) wish u luck all :)
    P.S. it worked for me on the second try. just played till now a few hours. i've exit the game and tried again to play. it opened witout problems like before the patch.

Tried that like others who have posted but does not work for us all sadly.
  • rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    5 days and still nothing has changed. I'm telling you, guys, nobody cares about the problem and I'm pretty sure nobody's even working on it just like nobody even cared about the bug with gear score I reported months ago and ofc it was never fixed. This game is totally busted, it's time look for alternatives. Pity, it was a good game, despite the gear score bug.
  • chickiepiepuchickiepiepu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neverwinter alongside star trek online are the top grossing games of PWE so they have to focus fixes on them! hopefully they will patch this soon... they HAVE to...:(
  • sale0007sale0007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So after 5 days i couldnt play (this bug and exam) i finally managed to fix it...

1. I did Forced Verify - it didnt work, still got me stuck.

2. I tried Safe Mod - it starts the game in little window and still stucks at loading. But compared to ''normal mod'' it didnt threw NOT RESPONDING message, it was just loading... I left it like that for around 10 minutes (while watching TV) and it got in! After i logged in the game i try to do it again without Safe Mod and it worked great! Set up your graphics again and play it :)
This discussion has been closed.